Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138331 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

Just in time for season end.

EDIT: First game playing Nautilus. Support role. Kalista: "Can really tell my support is Plat V."

LOL. No idea what I was doing. I just walked up to Vayne, W->AA->E EZ KILL.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:45:52 PM by Bardiche »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #361 on: October 10, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
LOL. No idea what I was doing. I just walked up to Vayne, W->AA->E EZ KILL.
Naut's great.

(PS: The W actually resets your auto!)

Sahgren

« Reply #362 on: October 10, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »
Irregardless of whether Dyrus wins his last game, I'm disappointed that he didn't pick something like Singed or Udyr top on his way out.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
Dyrus has retired.

It is the end of the 'classic' TSM era.

I honestly don't know who can replace him. I can't imagine many players being willing to fill the void of Dyrus' role [Get ignored; get camped]. It's not exactly a glorious position.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #364 on: October 10, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »
The only two NA top laners I can even think of were WingsofdeathX and Therainman, and I'm sure both of them are happy just making stream bucks.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2015, 09:16:24 PM »
Thing is TSM can't import a 4th foreigner.

Also; just played my first ever Ekko jungle game.

It was against a Shaco who knew what he was doing.

The people in the game with the most gold at the end were me and Shaco.

We won. I could even 1v1 the enemy Irelia while 2 levels down at the end. I started going tank but then went more AP Bruiser because I suddenly got fed.

Also I followed LeBlanc's Distortion far to many times with my E.

===

Edit:
Brazil's Worlds winrate: 33% [2-4]
NA's current worlds winrate: 33% [6-12] [One tiebreaker game left]

I think if C9 lose their tiebreaker; aside from the complete humiliation of NA going on a 10 loss streak; they REALLY need to lose a slot to Brazil next year if Brazil come out of worlds with a better winrate than NA does.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:00:27 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
NA winrate: 28% [6-13] 10 loss streak.
Brazil Winrate: 33% [2-6]

LMS: 2 slots; 2 teams in Quarters
NA LCS: 3 slots; 0 teams in Quarters.

Can anyone justify NA having 3 slots at Worlds 2016? Their performance was wildcard level. That's not even trash-talking. It's a fact. And NA has performed badly every single worlds too. Either take a slot from NA and give it to either Wildcards/Brazil itself; or give it to the LMS.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:12:54 PM by Raikaria »

Sahgren

« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2015, 03:36:28 PM »
So the winrate is important argument is starting to spill out of just champions into tournament results now? Wonderful.

Slots at worlds isn't about region performance. If it was, Korea and China would have 5-6 slots each and everyone else would get 1 thanks to the fact that those 2 regions win every time. I imagine it has more to do with how much influence Riot has in each region. NA is where Riot is headquartered so they can market the game pretty easily here.

And NA has performed badly every single worlds too.

Define "badly". This is literally the first time not a single NA team has managed to make it out of group stages. If you wanna use that as an argument to take away a world's slot, then EU would've lost one last time when Alliance, Fnatic, and SK all got bounced before the quarters.

NA winrate: 28% [6-13] 10 loss streak.
Brazil Winrate: 33% [2-6]

LMS: 2 slots; 2 teams in Quarters
NA LCS: 3 slots; 0 teams in Quarters.

That's extrapolating Brazil's results to make a judgement across the entire region and downright ignoring the performance of the other wildcard team for convenience's sake. I can't guarantee how it would pan out if pain played another 11 games or if we brought in the #2 and #3 Brazilian teams, but at the very least comparing the winrates of all 3 teams from one region that gave a poor showing this time around as a whole to a single team from another region isn't good statistics.

I do wonder where your NA hate comes from. It sometimes seems like you're digging up excuses or purposefully twisting information to make the NA scene look bad, and I can't figure out a reason why. I recall that people have asked before, but you've given non-answers and avoided the question.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:52:01 PM by Sahgren »

Bardiche

« Reply #369 on: October 11, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
Cloud9's last game was extremely exciting. I'm also excited we have a quadrupled bonus on Mystery GIfting, though I'd never mystery gift any of these weirdos on my friendslist.

Listening to the analysts sometimes makes it seem like we're watching Bronze vs Gold games where one team is extremely good and the other is extremely bad, but I think the NA teams put up a good performance and made interesting plays. Since NA is larger than Brazil and, I imagine, has more different teams, it doesn't make sense to say they need to lose a slot because of a sub-50% winrate across all their teams.

Speaking of 5v5, started doing Ranked 5v5s as a midlaner. Amusing, considering I'm a jungle main in SoloQ, but we have a really good jungler already. Bot lane Support Ekko, which still makes me wonder just how Bronze we are deep on the inside.

2 out of 2 wins so far, though. Lux vs Zac lane game 1, was super exciting. Anivia vs Twisted Fate game 2, was a lot more even (in-lane). I definitely enjoy zone and control mages a lot, so I hope they'll release a new champion geared around that so I have more midlane pickups. Current roster for me is Veigar/Lux/Anivia. I kiiiinda don't want to pick Veigar as long as we have support Ekko though. ~_~

Any MotK Ranked 5v5 teams on EUW?

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #370 on: October 11, 2015, 05:59:57 PM »
I do wonder where your NA hate comes from. It sometimes seems like you're digging up excuses or purposefully twisting information to make the NA scene look bad, and I can't figure out a reason why. I recall that people have asked before, but you've given non-answers and avoided the question.

b/c he's in EU and thinks that the EU vs NA thing is a real rivalry and not just a meme

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #371 on: October 11, 2015, 08:03:54 PM »
So the winrate is important argument is starting to spill out of just champions into tournament results now? Wonderful.

Slots at worlds isn't about region performance. If it was, Korea and China would have 5-6 slots each and everyone else would get 1 thanks to the fact that those 2 regions win every time. I imagine it has more to do with how much influence Riot has in each region. NA is where Riot is headquartered so they can market the game pretty easily here.

Define "badly". This is literally the first time not a single NA team has managed to make it out of group stages. If you wanna use that as an argument to take away a world's slot, then EU would've lost one last time when Alliance, Fnatic, and SK all got bounced before the quarters.

That's extrapolating Brazil's results to make a judgement across the entire region and downright ignoring the performance of the other wildcard team for convenience's sake. I can't guarantee how it would pan out if pain played another 11 games or if we brought in the #2 and #3 Brazilian teams, but at the very least comparing the winrates of all 3 teams from one region that gave a poor showing this time around as a whole to a single team from another region isn't good statistics.

Define badly? Justify why NA should have a slot removed when EU didn't? Fine.

When was the last time NA made it past Quarters? Answer was Season 1. When was the last time EU made it past Quarters?  Season 3. And in Season 2 both CLG and M5 nearly made finals. NA has made it to Quarters every time? EU has made it to Semis every time except S4.
When was the last time NA won worlds? Never. EU has won Worlds.
And before the slots for the S5 world championship were announced; there was MSI. Where EU showed up and nearly took down SKT. NA? Oh yeah they failed and started a new meme about TSM. Maybe if EU crashed and burnt like NA was trashtalking then they might have lost a slot. But they didn't.

NA has constantly not performed on the World stage. EU had 1 bad season. So arguing about EU in season 4 as a defense for NA not losing a spot is silly.

Why is extrapolating Pain's performance across an entire region relevant at all when I am talking about giving Brazil 1 slot? Brazil is significantly above the other IWC regions. And I'm saying to give them 1 slot. So only the best from Brazil goes. In which case why do the other teams from Brazil and their level matter?

And this dosen't counter the argument about the LMS getting 2/2 through while NA gets 0/3. Which; by the way; makes your accusation of me ignoreing parts of arguments laughable when you do the exact same. I'll admit Riot being American might stop it happening. But it's the ONLY justifiable reason.

It doesn't take a lot of information twisting to make NA look bad. It is. It is the worst major region by a long shot. Their #1 seed failed to get out of the easiest group. They didn't even have a team in Group C to excuse. [Where it was basically a given that EDG and SKT would go through]. And you know the worse thing? Look how TSM/CLG/C9 in form make the rest of NA look. Now look how the rest of the world makes them look.

And yes; the sample size for Brazil is small. But it doesn't change the fact that their wins came from 1: Beating NA's #1 seed; and 2: Beating a team which beat NA's #1 seed [Rending any 'CLG was clowning' argument moot]. And again; I am not talking about BKT or the IWC as a whole; so their 0% winrate is irrelevant. I am specifically talking about Brazil; the only wildcard region to ever take games. Pain was 1 win off Quarters.

b/c he's in EU and thinks that the EU vs NA thing is a real rivalry and not just a meme

Hate is one thing. Talking about facts and how it's kinda unfair for NA to have 3 slots if Worlds is to give the best a chance to compete when NA gets 0/3 through and has a lower winrate than a wildcard region and LMS gets 2/2 is another.

If it was hate I would be saying make NA take the Wildcard Tourny because of the lower winrate than Brazil had. I'd be calling NA a wildcard region outright. But I cannot see a reason to justify NA keeping it's 3rd worlds slot anymore. A 10 loss-streak; 0/3 teams qualifying; and a lower winrate than Brazil? After 4 seasons of being seen internationally as by far the weakest region; and performing generally to match? International Wildcards had 6 games this week and won 1; and 2 of those games were against SKT/EDG. NA had 10 games and won 0; and none of them were against SKT/EDG. What does that say?

Maybe such a step would wake up the NA scene and kick them up the butt to actually improve. Maybe if that happens and they do well S6 they can have their slot back.

But frankly after 4 seasons of watching Worlds and other international events and NA basically being clowns at the event every time who barely make it into Quarters and then get stomped there; I'm a little sour about NA having 3 slots while LMS has 2.

And this argument has nothing to do with EU. It's simply 'Does NA deserve 3 slots while the LMS has 2'. And the answer is 'No.'  You could easily direct this argument to China and even EU. But NA is the weakest of those 3.

===

In completely non-ranty news; I got 49 points on my Pick'em; beating all of the 'Celebrities' [Lol QTPie with 15 points]; and putting me in the top ~2.2% of predictors.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:20:16 PM by Raikaria »

Sahgren

« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »
The "only looking at facts" excuse can only really apply if you're taking MSI and this Worlds into account. You have rather consistently taken every excuse that comes along to make a "EU > NA" or "NA sucks" post for as long as I've known you. That speaks less to looking at facts and more towards you having an anti-NA bias, and that's what I'm trying to understand. You wanna hate us? Fine, that's up to you. I refuse to tell anyone how to think. I just want to know what has driven you to do so over such an extended period of time.

Though if I were to make a suggestion, I would highly recommend focusing more on talking about how awesome EU teams are instead. It's much more positive and doesn't run the risk of making you look like a prick.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2015, 10:14:46 PM »
alliance lost to kabum, joke team, joke region, remove EU's worlds slots rito pls

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2015, 09:29:29 AM »
Ah yes. Ranked play exists...

But the only ranked reward I would be interested in is the 45-points ward skin, I have no ranked team, and grinding out those 45 win points in the last 3~4 weeks (which probably would have to be done in TwT seeing as that would be the only way to get a team to play with) would be kind of a chore...  :derp:

How many ranked games do you need to do for placement, again? 5? 10?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bardiche

« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
Ah yes. Ranked play exists...

But the only ranked reward I would be interested in is the 45-points ward skin, I have no ranked team, and grinding out those 45 win points in the last 3~4 weeks (which probably would have to be done in TwT seeing as that would be the only way to get a team to play with) would be kind of a chore...  :derp:

How many ranked games do you need to do for placement, again? 5? 10?

5 for teams, 10 for solo.

EDIT: So I finally took Nautilus into Ranked... first time top. Against GP.

AHAHAHA OH GOD I LOVE NAUTILUS. He's just amazing. I walk up to GP, hit him, E, W, whatever, I win every damn trade and he just cowers under tower because I keep killing him. :D BEST. CHAMPION. EVER.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:22:29 PM by Bardiche »

« Reply #376 on: October 12, 2015, 02:42:13 PM »
Replacing NAs spot with another BR spot would be pointless b/c they're both shit and just get eaten by up Koreans.

Find me a region that can compete with KR and CH before we start taking spots away.

Sahgren

« Reply #377 on: October 12, 2015, 03:29:04 PM »
The entire concept of taking spots away based on recent performance is inherently stupid. Like it or not, tournaments like Worlds are largely just methods for Riot to market its game. Taking away spots without doing it uniformly across all regions would only generate bad publicity in the region being affected and give the company a bad reputation. If they were going to change anything, they should just add spots and make it a bigger, more hyped up event to get more people excited about the game.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #378 on: October 12, 2015, 08:59:23 PM »
Raikaria, I'm just going to sheep what Ryuu said here. By your logic, NA loses to EU, EU lost to Kabum, Kabum lost to Pain, hence, Pain > EU > NA. Everyone here can agree, this is not the case.

Speaking from experience as someone who is actually an active player in the BR servers, we are not a particularly strong region. We're talking about "Diamond players are NA-gold levels of good." here. For the most part, BR is simply a very weak region, it doesn't matter if we're talking Solo Q or 5v5 here, the Brazillian average is just straight up worse than most other regions. And this is because... guess what, we're pretty much unaffected by Riot's mega push towards ESPORTS and HYPER COMPETITIVE MENTALITY, because, as years and years of online multiplayer have shown us, Brazillians, in general, when playing games, don't give a fuck about anything except their own fun. Case in point, hue hue hue br br players that don't give a fuck that they're bothering everyone around them.

Yes, yes, there are obvious outliers in Kabum and Pain Gaming, and as proven by them, once we take something seriously we can do some pretty amazing things (if there's one thing Brazillians are, is dedicated), but that's the thing, teams like Kabum and Pain are outliers, they are not the average or even the norm. And since their competition is mostly other brazillians (which, as mentioned before, aren't nearly as good at the game as you would think), they simply don't have the necessary competition to grow and become truly world-tier teams, Or at least, not easily acessible competition. Heck Kami's got 7 different smurfs to Challenger in the last season in a mere 3 months, I'm pretty sure that speaks for itself.

Contrast this with NA, which frankly despite not being that great themselves have a lot more top-tier and worlds-ready teams than Brazil does, and I think you'll agree with me when I say that it's ludicrous to think that they should take away a spot from NA - a large region with tons of good teams - and give it to BR - a technically smaller region with only a handful of genuinely good teams.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #379 on: October 12, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »
Replacing NAs spot with another BR spot would be pointless b/c they're both shit and just get eaten by up Koreans.

Find me a region that can compete with KR and CH before we start taking spots away.

>competing with china
>the region that had 2/3 teams systematically dismantled by every other region
>the region that only had one group escape because they had literally no competition for the spot

« Reply #380 on: October 12, 2015, 09:47:31 PM »
>competing with china
>the region that had 2/3 teams systematically dismantled by every other region
>the region that only had one group escape because they had literally no competition for the spot

Taiwan might as well just be china 2

Faker and bengi got this shit won, don't even need the other 3 team mates. http://pickem.lolesports.com/share/series/2/user/2623182/my-picks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:58:10 PM by Cadmas »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #381 on: October 12, 2015, 09:58:08 PM »
It still feels weird to me that there are regions which have to compete with each other just for one spot between them, while other regions get a guaranteed 2-3 for their region specifically.  Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a spot shaved off NA, EU, KR, and CH each, and instead see more regions given a single slot at worlds, just for the sake of diversity and making it feel like more of a genuinely global competition... but that's me.

That said, I don't know how Riot alloted those slots to begin with; I suspect it's based on the relative size of each playerbase, in which case it's very understandable.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #382 on: October 12, 2015, 11:46:11 PM »
Taiwan might as well just be china 2

"i know i'm Literally Wrong about what i said, so i'm just gonna cover it up with stupid bullshit"

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2015, 01:39:07 AM »
Faker and bengi got this shit won, don't even need the other 3 team mates.

lol no

The team needs big daddy marin.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »
Raikaria, I'm just going to sheep what Ryuu said here. By your logic, NA loses to EU, EU lost to Kabum, Kabum lost to Pain, hence, Pain > EU > NA. Everyone here can agree, this is not the case.

Speaking from experience as someone who is actually an active player in the BR servers, we are not a particularly strong region. We're talking about "Diamond players are NA-gold levels of good." here. For the most part, BR is simply a very weak region, it doesn't matter if we're talking Solo Q or 5v5 here, the Brazillian average is just straight up worse than most other regions. And this is because... guess what, we're pretty much unaffected by Riot's mega push towards ESPORTS and HYPER COMPETITIVE MENTALITY, because, as years and years of online multiplayer have shown us, Brazillians, in general, when playing games, don't give a fuck about anything except their own fun. Case in point, hue hue hue br br players that don't give a fuck that they're bothering everyone around them.

Yes, yes, there are obvious outliers in Kabum and Pain Gaming, and as proven by them, once we take something seriously we can do some pretty amazing things (if there's one thing Brazillians are, is dedicated), but that's the thing, teams like Kabum and Pain are outliers, they are not the average or even the norm. And since their competition is mostly other brazillians (which, as mentioned before, aren't nearly as good at the game as you would think), they simply don't have the necessary competition to grow and become truly world-tier teams, Or at least, not easily acessible competition. Heck Kami's got 7 different smurfs to Challenger in the last season in a mere 3 months, I'm pretty sure that speaks for itself.

Contrast this with NA, which frankly despite not being that great themselves have a lot more top-tier and worlds-ready teams than Brazil does, and I think you'll agree with me when I say that it's ludicrous to think that they should take away a spot from NA - a large region with tons of good teams - and give it to BR - a technically smaller region with only a handful of genuinely good teams.

You see people; this is actually a good argument. This is a legitimate reason to not give BR a slot. It doesn't counter-argue the fact that the 2-slot LMS should get another slot over NA [And honestly the only counter-argument to that is $$$], but it counter-argues the BR point.

alliance lost to kabum, joke team, joke region, remove EU's worlds slots rito pls

This isn't. Espoecially when it fails to dispute the very reasons I put up for why is comparison is invalid. [My crux of my argument is not CLG losing to Pain. It's NA's winrate compared to Pain's as a whole; and even then it disregards the fact NA has 2 slots still and Taiwan is a thing]

Taiwan/LMS.

Bonus points since not only have they won Worlds before [TPA] they only have 2 slots.

Also I think China was pretty much shown to be drastically over-rated, and Korea is not as overwhelming as a lot of people claim [Again; top EU teams have beaten or had close games with top Korean teams MANY times.] Yes Korea usually wins, but other regions can compete.

Sahgren

« Reply #385 on: October 13, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
You see people; this is actually a good argument. This is a legitimate reason to not give BR a slot. It doesn't counter-argue the fact that the 2-slot LMS should get another slot over NA [And honestly the only counter-argument to that is $$$], but it counter-argues the BR point.

Since when did you get to talk about whether a counterargument is good or not? Your entire response to my post was to twist it into yet another NA vs EU argument, decry being top 8 in the world as somehow being worthy of punishment, and thinly veil your aggression under the excuse that you can be even worse.

This entire discussion is just yet more pointless fire starting by a guy who's consistently taken every opportunity to trashtalk for no real reason.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #386 on: October 13, 2015, 11:38:31 PM »
This isn't. Espoecially when it fails to dispute the very reasons I put up for why is comparison is invalid. [My crux of my argument is not CLG losing to Pain. It's NA's winrate compared to Pain's as a whole; and even then it disregards the fact NA has 2 slots still and Taiwan is a thing]

there was a "failure to dispute" because your initial post was such a jumble of nonsensical fanboyism that i don't really think that it warranted a real response. sacchi made a good post, but literally the only way you acknowledged it was just so you could say my obvious shitpost was shitty. you are literally just cherry picking information you like(winrate! again!!!!!!! like we haven't had the "winrate is not an accurate singular metric" conversation a billion times!!!!!!!!!!!) and ignoring everything else. "brazil has a better winrate than NA" fucking brazil was in the easiest group by far. and that's not even talking about how you can't mathematically compare them anyway because you're comparing two totally differently sized samples.

and what about taiwan? can you even name a single LMS team besides FW and AHQ? could you name one team that didn't make it to worlds that would have "done better" than NA, and explain why? i don't think you can, because your posts frequently show that you barely pay attention to anything outside of LCS. like, fuckin, this shit right here

Also I think China was pretty much shown to be drastically over-rated

you're acting like china is in the same state now as it was when people were hyping it up. you're totally ignoring shit like pawn's illness, imp's wrist problems, LGD losing their fucking coach right before playoffs, tabe leaking strats, TBQ being sick during groups and almost going to the hospital, etc. etc. i mean, i'm not gonna say that these things are the only reasons the teams lost, but to say that they're "overrated" and literally ignore every negative thing happening to the teams while saying that just shows how fucking little you know about what you're talking about

Since when did you get to talk about whether a counterargument is good or not? Your entire response to my post was to twist it into yet another NA vs EU argument, decry being top 8 in the world as somehow being worthy of punishment, and thinly veil your aggression under the excuse that you can be even worse.

This entire discussion is just yet more pointless fire starting by a guy who's consistently taken every opportunity to trashtalk for no real reason.

this "discussion" is just going to end like every other one. he'll eventually talk himself into a hole where he shows how little he knows about the game, the esports scene, different teams, or whatever the fuck is being talked about and he'll stop replying. fast forward a few days to a week and he'll make another post. repeat ad nauseam for Literal Years with him never learning anything, admitting to mistakes, or changing.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2015, 03:36:21 AM »
i'd like to note that the thread subtitle seems oddly fitting given this turn of events

In other news, FW vs OG and SKT vs ahq. FW vs OG looks to be interesting as both teams appear to have a very good read on the meta overall and might still have new strats up their sleeves. As for stylistic matchups, if FW chooses to play mid-centric like they did on the second week, they might need to focus a lot of attention to forcing xPeke to misplay; that is, they're going to need both Karsa and SwordArt to be absolutely on point. It would be a significantly safer bet to play a top-centric style and try to shut down sOAZ instead, but despite Steak being extremely clutch, I'm not as sold on him as I'd like to be, and apparently neither is the team. I'm looking at 55-45 actual odds, but whoever shows up will likely take it 3-1.

SKT vs ahq is the dream MSI rematch. I'm not at all confident in ahq advancing from here, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them win a game, either. The unknown factor here is Easyhoon: we know he loves control mages, but with Azir inevitably going to be permabanned against him and only having revealed his Karthus outside of expected picks, there's no telling what he'll bring out next. I predict a Lulu pick from him to get either Marin or Bang snowballed. There's no telling if Easyhoon will deny Westdoor even the bare minimum of farm he needs to roam the map with his typical low-budget style. On the other hand, I think ahq still has a chance to take an early lead, though; this is the real test of growth and synergy for Ziv/Mountain and Marin/Bengi. AN will be told to just ramp up through gold leads all game every game, though both ADCs will be much closer than the rest of group B, so that's a risky proposition. 75-25 odds, most likely SKT 3-0 but nowhere near the stomp everyone expects; at worst, like ahq vs EDG at MSI.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »
this "discussion" is just going to end like every other one. he'll eventually talk himself into a hole where he shows how little he knows about the game, the esports scene, different teams, or whatever the fuck is being talked about and he'll stop replying. fast forward a few days to a week and he'll make another post. repeat ad nauseam for Literal Years with him never learning anything, admitting to mistakes, or changing.

I'll admit I do not know much about the Taiwanese scene because of the timezone the LMS happens in. The LMS happens while I sleep. Still; I know TPA is still in it, so that's one team, and a team that is proven to have potential [Although I'm pretty sure that the roster is not the same as the roster than won S2]

And I just stop arguing because I give up talking to a brick wall which stoops to insults and ad hominems.The thing I fail to learn is that there's no point arguing, or probobly even talking with you because pretty much every time your response ignores half of my point and just attacks me instead.

Which is also why, if you notice, in this entire discussion, I've actually not even bothered properly responding to you. Because I know it's pointless.

===

Now in totally unrelated news; it looks like the next patch will be sooner rather than later because 3 harrowing skins got added to the PBE:
'Slayer Jinx' which looks suspiciously like Vi
'Slayer Pantheon' which looks like something out of Dead Rising. I want it simplt because I want to go through the jungle with a CHAINSAW.
'Zombie Nunu' which has new particles; new animations [Includeing recall and 'hasted' which base Nunu dosen't even have], and a new VO [Not a filter.]. Which kinda makes it seem like a Legendary. Which would make it Nunu's 2nd. And it's nowhere near as good as any Legendary recently TBH. Can Riot stop giving legendaries to champions who already have one? OK Battlecast Cho was awesome and Gentleman Cho is old, but Nunu Bot is still a pretty popular [And hilarious] skin. But Zombie Nunu is nowhere near as good as Battlecast Cho. The only thing that makes me think Zombie Nunu might not be Legendary is his Taunt/Laugh/Dance animations are still the same... but that's also the case with Gatekeeper Galio, and several older Legendaries.

Edit: Found the RP costs. Jinx is 1350 [Lol]; Nunu is 1350 [OK that proboly makes it his best skin now]; Pantheon is 975 despite the fact he has new particles and sound effects and a recall animation; just like Jinx. Seriously those skins have the exact same features the only reason I see Jinx as 1350 and Pantheon as 975 is Jinx is stupidly popular [And a bit OP]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:33:42 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2015, 08:13:52 AM »
I'll admit I do not know much about the Taiwanese scene because of the timezone the LMS happens in. The LMS happens while I sleep. Still; I know TPA is still in it, so that's one team, and a team that is proven to have potential [Although I'm pretty sure that the roster is not the same as the roster than won S2]

why are you acting like vods don't exist? you are literally proposing to cut a region slot from NA in favor for LMS and yet you don't even watch LMS

you literally don't even know who plays on the team. how can you even say that a team has potential if you don't know who's on it? what their playstyle is? who their strong players are? do you even have a partial answer for any of these questions without fucking googling it?

are you even aware of what a rabid fanboy you sound like? "cut NA because i think LMS is better based on literally nothing." you haven't backed up anything you've said with any good reasoning. all you've said is "winrate" and a shitload of words to say literally nothing. and winrate, as many of us have made posts trying to explain to you for Literal Years, is not an acceptable metric on its own.

and what, "NA didn't even make it out of groups! they suck!" you know who didn't get out of groups last year? europe. you know who got two teams past group stages? NA. literally based off of the shit you've been saying in this topic, we should cut a spot from EU because they failed to make it out of groups in 2014. and, let's not forget how EU failed to make it past the group stage either: losing their last match to the fucking wild card brazilian team. the double-standards you have are fucking ridiculous, but i guess there's also the possibility that you didn't even know that EU failed last year because you seem to know almost nothing about the scene as a whole anyway.

you can't try to make a stand with the faux superiority "blah blah blah, brick wall, blah blah blah ad homenim, blah blah" stance if you don't have a fucking leg to stand on with your original point. it's incredibly obvious to literally everyone reading these posts that the only reason you're taking that stance is because there is no possible way to defend your initial claims. not only are your claims ridiculous, but you can't even keep your position without having blatant double-standards for EU