Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138329 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:47 AM »
Kayle. Kayle this patch.

Rylai and Sated Devourer. Hits 3 times with 2 swings (on-hit magic damage from E lolol) and slows you 40% while kiting the fuck out of the enemies. Catch her and she just uses R on herself and laughs as she breaks your face.

Heck, even without Sated the new Rylai is nice on her. 40% slow on every hit isn't a bad thing*

*not for Kayle, can't speak for her opponents

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #181 on: July 10, 2015, 03:09:44 AM »
You forgot the part where Q + 2 swings = 15% armor/mr shred
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #182 on: July 10, 2015, 05:33:42 AM »
So is stacking Deathcaps actually a viable thing because I've seen a couple people do it but it seems incredibly ridiculous because the only benefit you have is 20 more AP and a non-stacking passive, as opposed to several other more useful attributes the 100 AP items have.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #183 on: July 10, 2015, 08:26:44 AM »
Kayle. Kayle this patch.

Rylai and Sated Devourer. Hits 3 times with 2 swings (on-hit magic damage from E lolol) and slows you 40% while kiting the fuck out of the enemies. Catch her and she just uses R on herself and laughs as she breaks your face.

Heck, even without Sated the new Rylai is nice on her. 40% slow on every hit isn't a bad thing*

*not for Kayle, can't speak for her opponents

And then you go Runnans and do it to 3 people at once.

Laughing like a maniac is compulsory.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2015, 04:25:38 PM »
So I usually play jungle, ADC or mid. I am most confident in my jungling, and second in ADC. My mid, I usually focus on Not Losing Lane, and "Winning Lane" is some far-off dream I only achieve when you run into that one LeBlanc who "only plays APC", "platinum smurf" and then uses all spells to last hit. (huhuhuhu)

I played Ranked, and got stuck with top lane. Jungle Nunu, mid Karma, bot was Ashe and Thresh. Was against a top Renekton with Volibear jungle. Nunu and Karma being enough AP, I decided to go with Hecarim (as Tryndamere is boring; I hate split pushing).

"No, don't pick Hecarim into Renekton," quoth my team. "He counters you."

Heheheheh... no one counters the galloping destruction. I've discovered something that lets me win top lane as Hecarim every time: whenever I back, I go back to my lane through tri-bush and then river with E, effectively "ganking" my own lane. If it doesn't get me a kill, it lets me get a favourable trade going because it's completely out of left field.

I expect it to stop working once I progress beyond Silver 3. (just hit series again!!)

I actually like top lane a fair bit more than I thought I would, though usually as Hecarim or Ekko, since both of them are so efficient at hit-and-runs. Ekko is disgusting. At level 2, grab a point in E. Blink Slash your enemy, throw out your Q and run away. EZ TRADE EZ LYFE.

So is stacking Deathcaps actually a viable thing because I've seen a couple people do it but it seems incredibly ridiculous because the only benefit you have is 20 more AP and a non-stacking passive, as opposed to several other more useful attributes the 100 AP items have.

I don't think it's a viable thing. Where do you see this happen, anyway? Looking through your match history, I don't see you running into them.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 04:31:08 PM by Bardiche »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
I don't think it's a viable thing. Where do you see this happen, anyway? Looking through your match history, I don't see you running into them.
One of my recent games had an Ez who built two deathcaps, 2 giants belts, and a bracer, and I had another game where it was suggested to me as a viable build.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »
One of my recent games had an Ez who built two deathcaps, 2 giants belts, and a bracer, and I had another game where it was suggested to me as a viable build.

They're idiots.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2015, 10:03:52 PM »
It's, well, viable... but far from optimal :V

I mean obviously you'll want the utility from other items.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #188 on: July 12, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »

Finally

Managed to grab that penta from literally my whole team of troll friends swarming the zhonya'd veigar. Perfect ult timing OP <3
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #189 on: July 12, 2015, 07:38:10 PM »
Considering I got hard camped and roamed on by 4 people so often, I consider it a good sign that I recovered from being 1/5/3 as Mordekaiser and ended up with a positive k/d; highest CS and gold in the game.

I rushed Rylai's. It's disgusting on Morde now. Aside from his R being a 20% slow and his W being two AoE 20% slows which linger; his Q and E are 40% slows. Which actually makes him pretty hard to escape from now. As in; I chased a Lee Sin 2/3rds of the way down midlane and killed him  [He was fleeing from a teamfight gone bad and my R was ticking on him]; despite him hopping to things.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #190 on: July 12, 2015, 10:40:46 PM »
Rylai's morde is the only thing one of my friends would play back in S1.

Rylai's, Warmogs, force of nature, and thornmail. The dumbest shit ever.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #191 on: July 12, 2015, 10:47:54 PM »
I haven't played Morde since the days of 13 health potion starts.

Good times.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
I haven't played Morde since the days of 13 health potion starts.

Good times.
So I tried a thing with a friend. Mordekaiser Soraka botlane

I blame the fact that we crushed our lane opponents on them having no idea what to do. They could have just harassed morde with their autattacks constantly to force him back at level 1, but they didn't, instead tiptoeing around his E range trying not to get hit by it, while eating a couple of stars and bananas. And once we were level 2, we had lane dominance. "THERE'S A MORDE IN OUR BOTLANE, WHAT DO WE DO?!"
The other lanes won too, making for a relatively steamrolly game despite no "real" marksman.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2015, 09:41:24 PM »
I've finally run aground of a 20% winrate :/

I don't know where I went wrong.

Is it just that I've gotten stuck in some kind of MMR hell? Am I just playing shitty champions? Is it that I'm running into anti-fun champs like Yasuo and Shaco in every fucking game? Do I just suck?

I think I'm ready to give up for a long time.

« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »
So I tried a thing with a friend. Mordekaiser Soraka botlane

I blame the fact that we crushed our lane opponents on them having no idea what to do. They could have just harassed morde with their autattacks constantly to force him back at level 1, but they didn't, instead tiptoeing around his E range trying not to get hit by it, while eating a couple of stars and bananas. And once we were level 2, we had lane dominance. "THERE'S A MORDE IN OUR BOTLANE, WHAT DO WE DO?!"
The other lanes won too, making for a relatively steamrolly game despite no "real" marksman.  :V

bot lanes funny, often cheese can work in it which leads me to question if ADCs are even necessary to the game at this point since they start off so weak.

Team fights are becoming more wombo combo which most adcs don't hold a big CC aoe ulty that can just trash an entire enemy team.

SR is looking more like TTL

Also Yorick top lane kek, Yorick simply doesn't lose his lane. Which is why riot keeps talking about reworking him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:37:21 PM by Cadmas »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2015, 09:23:09 AM »
Game 1: "Wow, Chogath is really fun as Top Lane, and this teemo is really easy to feed off of (literally)., I shouldn't have shelved him so fast last time I tried to play him."
Result: Victory

Game 2:"Wow, even a Darius is no match for my cc combo and he's even letting me get free stacks uncontested."
"Okay, we lost because their blitzcrank is super good and their bot got super fed."
Result: Defeat

Game 3: "Gangplank crit cheese build is fucking dumb, but at least I'm somehow winning lane anyway. Plus Bot is fed because our Sona is good."
(10 minutes later)
"I was killing Baron because I am fed and I can totally solo it" -(briefly) fed Sivir on why she couldn't move three feet up to save me and Sona from a top lane gank. The enemy team, who had all gone top lane by this point, then killed her and took baron.
Result: Defeat

Game 4: "Please don't be a Top Lane Yasuo, he is such a shitty unfun to lane champion, please god please no."
(30 seconds later)
"God damn it"
Result: Defeat (other hilights: yet another cheese crit build GP, Dual Teemo Bot, and our team refused to group up the entire match)

The joys of trying to enjoy anything in League for more then one match.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:33:08 AM by NekoNekoRex »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2015, 08:45:41 AM »
>be skarner
>top and mid get played into counters
>le blanc literally can't go three minutes without being at 10%
>ryze overextends and is ganked
>try to gank lanes
>can't gank gangplank because he's too fast with his rage and cleanses my cc and ults me to slow me
>can't gank zigs because too much damage before I can get to him (no thanks to le blanc dying twice to him)
>allies blaming me for lost lanes
>allies harassing me because they're losing to their counters

fuck this, I'm not dealing with 10 minutes of verbal abuse before they /ff

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:23 PM »
Ehrmegerd that Fiora rework

Okay actually I hate the visual look oh god eww.  But the gameplay looks fun as hell.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2015, 05:51:56 PM »
I'm ambiguous on Fiora as a whole, but really am not digging that ult. Last night I argued with a friend over what they could possibly do, but in the end it seems like every idea we had was already attempted by RIOT according to this post, so it looks like the heal is here to stay.

Back to not caring about her I guess.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2015, 09:26:15 PM »
Well she sure ain't no Legion Commander. My brother hates that her ult is only a one person thing now, he said, "Her old ult could murder entire teams, now she can maybe kill one person."

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:21 PM »
Oh I don't mind that her ult is one person and doesn't make her invulnerable; actually I like those decisions.

I just hate the heal; it totally doesn't fit her theme or kit.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:33 PM »
She always had heals though :V

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2015, 10:33:40 PM »
Pretty much, Low life built nothing but ad life steal items, ult, full hp.

Also got one game with gangplank the cost to upgrade his ult seems really high (500SS).

I pretty much free farmed and only made about 250 in 28 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:18:34 AM by Cadmas »

« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2015, 01:27:05 AM »
damn dat new gankplank

1. place barrel
2. shoot barrel
3. everything dies and you get a million gold
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:31:30 AM by Suikama »

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #205 on: July 23, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/x63vVGs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rWaze0V.jpg

two things i don't like about new fiora
If you are worried about the numbers, well, I'd say that is what the PBE is for, no?

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »
Dat bitch just one shot a tower?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WRq_zWEuH8&feature=youtu.be

Graves act 2. Have to kill 10 towers on ARAM, You have to be the one that last hits them. I picked the wrong reward to go for.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:42:00 AM by Cadmas »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #207 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:02 AM »
Those Teemo changes on the PBE... 

Shrooms only last 5 instead of 10 minutes and they take 1.5 seconds to arm instead of 1. BUT! You can throw them. And if you throw a shroom on a shroom, it bounces even farther! On top of that, your passive now lets you walk around stealthed while in brush. And the bonus attackspeed scales with level. >:D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:30:25 AM by Iryan »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #208 on: July 24, 2015, 06:56:00 AM »
Those Teemo changes on the PBE... 

Shrooms only last 5 instead of 10 minutes and they take 1.5 seconds to arm instead of 1. BUT! You can throw them. And if you throw a shroom on a shroom, it bounces even farther! On top of that, your passive now lets you walk around stealthed while in brush. And the bonus attackspeed scales with level. >:D

And you stealth twice as fast in a bush or if you have Move Quick active.

It is the end times.

ALSO WHO'S READY FOR EULCS TIEBREAKERS?

Sahgren

« Reply #209 on: July 24, 2015, 02:40:29 PM »
ALSO WHO'S READY FOR EULCS TIEBREAKERS?

Potentially 4 teams with the same number of wins by the end of the day. That's pretty crazy.