Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138332 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2015, 08:13:55 PM »
He eats the gambler and takes him to a faraway land.

LIFESTEALER IS THAT YOU?

[I don't mean he is lifestealer. I mean expect a similar mechanic. I actually think his ultimate might be like an AoE charm; seeing as he 'charms' the gambler and the princess.]

I TOLD YOU SO.

Also not greatly liking him as a dedicated support due to things like needing to AA 3 times for a stun. His ultimate defines tower DIVING hilariously. I can see him as a solid toplaner maybe and a jungler in part due to Thick Skin and because he can nom a jungle creep to stop it damageing him. I mean seriously look at the heal/sheild that he gets from Thick Skin. And the fact all his damage scales with his HP as he gets ulti ranks giving him extra Cinderhulk Syndergy. And the semi-global ganking R that lets you take a pal too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:21:29 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »
His R doesn't take devoured target along. I was mistaken: you can choose to tag along as an ally. Applications remain.

Rioter clarified that Tahm Kench can't use Teleport or Flash while he has someone in his bellay, so I assume he can't R either. This to prevent Tahm from teleporting back to base with his victim.

EDIT:

Of course what you do is

Kalista + Any support = Bot
Tahm Kench = Top
Shen = Jungle
Twisted Fate = Mid

Tahm opens a portal into enemy base. Kalista ults the support, then hops into Tahm's portal. Shen ults any of them. Twisted Fate ults to them.

"That's a nice Nexus you got. Mighty shame if something... happened to it."

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:35 PM »
First I have to double-check, but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't have a Kalista+Support enter Tahm's gut.

Secondly, I'm assuming you're talking about late game right? Because unless I'm mistaken you can't even touch the Nexus turrets until an inhibitor is down, and you can't take down an inhibitor until all it's related lane towers are down.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Bardiche

« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »
Aye, late-game. People are already asking tough questions like, "What happens if Tahm devours a Kalista who ults him?"

It'd be hilarious if you could 5-man gank someone from across the map though.

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2015, 11:27:42 PM »
Nightmare champ to balance, bad riot bad. We're entering the age of stupid kit champs.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2015, 06:27:48 AM »
Aye, late-game. People are already asking tough questions like, "What happens if Tahm devours a Kalista who ults him?"

It'd be hilarious if you could 5-man gank someone from across the map though.
"Whoever presses their button first", apparently.  Someone brought this up and Riot had to run to check.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »
First I have to double-check, but I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't have a Kalista+Support enter Tahm's gut.

Secondly, I'm assuming you're talking about late game right? Because unless I'm mistaken you can't even touch the Nexus turrets until an inhibitor is down, and you can't take down an inhibitor until all it's related lane towers are down.

Since Kalista can run teleport and drag someone with her; I assume Tahm works the same way. The difficult question is what happens if Kalista's ultimate RUNS OUT during the channel/travel time.

Nightmare champ to balance, bad riot bad. We're entering the age of stupid kit champs.

Not really. The 'eat an ally' is part of his core. He has a lot of other levers. Too durable? Hit his Thick Skin. Swallowing enemies too much? Hit his attack speed so he stacks up Acquired Taste slower. Too much damage? Nerf that health ratio.

And I doubt eating an ally and his Ult are going to be completely broken alone.

And we've been in the age of stupid kits for years. When you are pushing 120 characters; you need to start getting crazy to make things stand out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:55:44 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2015, 07:56:08 AM »
Since Kalista can run teleport and drag someone with her; I assume Tahm works the same way. The difficult question is what happens if Kalista's ultimate RUNS OUT during the channel/travel time.
Teleport is instant, and ult puts the champ in a radius around her, so it'd just be like if she hadn't used tp or Tahm ult.

Tahm ult is also instant travel like teleport, I believe. Pretty sure Rek'Sai Ult is the only one that has travel time.

Pretty sure what Bardiche said would work out, although it'd be a cheese build for sure. The downside is that Tahm's ult range isn't global, so Tahm, Kallista, and Support would have to already be partway to the nexus.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 07:58:33 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »
And we've been in the age of stupid kits for years. When you are pushing 120 characters; you need to start getting crazy to make things stand out.
This is why I still consider singed to be one of the greatest champions, regardless of whether he is strong or not. His kit is incredibly simple, yet he has a playstyle unlike any other champ.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2015, 12:06:11 PM »
*Ques up in Teambuilder for Jungle Diana*

*Fighter jungle is listed as 3rd most in demand*

*Estimated Time: Short*

Actual Queue time: 6 mins and counting. Despite apparently 5 mins being extreme and very rare.

Has everyone just abandoned teambuilder or something? Or has it broken somewhere which makes it claim 'long' is short or vice versa?

« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2015, 12:08:40 PM »
This is why I still consider singed to be one of the greatest champions, regardless of whether he is strong or not. His kit is incredibly simple, yet he has a playstyle unlike any other champ.
Singed is nothing but a little Scuttle, running around everyone.
so yeah overall pretty simple.

anyway,
I want Tahm, finally a character who can get both enemies AND allies waifus all around the rift.
A man (creature?) with an aquired taste. one who does not care who's in his stomach, for everyone gets the love.
one who can just lash out his tongue because he's so much in love with you. he wil devour you to protect you, you will be safe inside his belly.
and if you're ever in danger, just hide behind his thick skin.
and if you're not in the right place, just call him and you'll have an abysmall voyage to any place your heart desires.

He's a family guy, he's the only one you need. he's an alpha male.
He is the waifu sommelier!
He is Tahm Kench.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
*Ques up in Teambuilder for Jungle Diana*

*Fighter jungle is listed as 3rd most in demand*

*Estimated Time: Short*

Actual Queue time: 6 mins and counting. Despite apparently 5 mins being extreme and very rare.

Has everyone just abandoned teambuilder or something? Or has it broken somewhere which makes it claim 'long' is short or vice versa?
Depends on your MMR, but it's mostly the latter. Expected queue times are based on if your choice fits meta (Mid Support is liable to get no takers) and I think it takes champ meta into account too, but generally if I play a champ off meta but as a common role (like Garen as Jungle Fighter for instance) I'll still get queue'd pretty quick because junglers have high demand, but it'll say "extremely long" as the wait time.

then again things might be different on the EU server.

Also people might have seen your slot come up on their team builder and denied it.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2015, 08:04:55 PM »
Idunno, I did 2 teambuilder games of support teemo a week or so ago, and those didn't have too long wait times.

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »
>Go on Draft to try Vi so I don't get put in counterpick games
>Get counterpicked
>With platinum players
>lose because I get destroyed because I'm not even in ranked

Cool. Is it just me or is everyone abandoning jungle tanks just when I want to try anti-tanks?

Bardiche

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2015, 12:40:56 AM »
Passive: Basic attacks and damaging spells deal an additional X (10 + 6/7/8% of Tahm Kench's bonus health) magic damage

Pondering Tahm Kench's R. Face of the Mountain adds 30 damage to everything he does at level 6 (total +40 damage). Add a Locket, you're looking at another 24 damage, so 64 bonus damage on everything he does outside of AP scaling. Slightly concerned about Tahm Kench support being in too good a spot, because there's three common support items that all add HP and so he scales his damage while building support items... which no other support has (outside of Braum 2.5% on Q). Normally it's a sacrifice of either support items or damage items, Tahm gets some damage with every support item he buys.

Considering that FotM and Locket aren't common at level 6, but Sightstone is, you're probably looking at 19 damage at level 6, but still. If he buys nothing besides FotM, Locket, Sighstone and reaches R level 3, he'll do +94 damage on everything he does. I wonder if they'll keep these numbers. Top lane Tahm probably gets Rod of Ages, considering it gives AP and HP, and his Q has a .8 AP scaling?

EDIT: And then they nerfed his R and Q scaling. Lol.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:17:49 PM by Bardiche »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2015, 04:39:42 AM »
Ugh the wait to buy the new content is unbearable. I can't wait another full day to play Pink Zac and be the most fabulous champion in League

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #166 on: June 26, 2015, 09:16:39 PM »

Have I mentioned that I relish any excuse to play MF? Most people consider her weak but most people build her; IMO; wrong. Every time I see an MF put more than 1 point in Q in it's current state I cry.

My Blitz didn't even really land many hooks [He did land a couple of good ones for our 2nd and 3rd kill on me however; after I'd slowed with E]. We manfought a Draven/Leona lane. Which manfights everything and usually wins. Draven spent most the game farming alone to catch up [Or pushing out super minions we got around the 24 min mark] while I pushed towers and looked for picks using Strut and Make it Rain with Blitzcrank and/or Lux's snare; which is why I'm behind on CS.

But seriously. Why on earth don't more people max E first on MF? Rank 1 has a 25% slow. Rank 5 has a 65% slow. Allowing you to rack up a lot more Impure Stacks; help your allies land skillshots; and makes it easier to get more ult ticks. I was forceing flashes just by showing up and getting into E range.

And then you go Ghostblade for the combination of the early pen; crit; CDR [MF likes this a lot] and the active. Because MF has a few goals in a teamfight:

1: Keep at mid-range. Your dominant range. Strut and E help this. Ghostblade helps if you lose Strut.

2: Get a good ultimate. This is linked to that positioning that Ghostblade helps with

3: When not ulting; autoattack whatever target is safe. Ghostblade helps this giving you a second steroid you can pop when you need to. Building a raw attackspeed item isn't that great on MF; since Attackspeed is useless with her R. Instead; you use Impure Shots and Ghostblade when you need to autoattack; and you can ulti when they are cooling down; or before you activate them. [Both of which are optimal points as well due to how Impure Shot's passive works. Either ulti to rack up early stacks at range or ulti when your select target already has a lot of stacks to finish them, even as they flee.]

I dunno; I know MF has issues but they are greatly exaggerated, and she has some key strengths as well. Also note I didn't go Cleaver. We didn't have any other physical damage and MF herself deals significant magic damage [Some games I even go Sorcs; like a Corki]. In an ideal world you keep Strut up; which is difficult to do while dealing damage. Helps she's pretty good early; mid and late. She dosen't really fall off neither does she really; really excel at any point.

But damn her Q mechanics. MF's Q is probobly one of the worst spells in the game atm. You take it at Lv 1 for the AA reset and then probobly never use it except for the occasional lasthit past Lv 4.

Oh and that Ekko got First Blood. Then got completely owned by C.C. Turns out Ekko really hates snares because it disables his R and E and insane MS boosts. And he really; really; really hates Entangle. Which stops him autoattacking as well as moving.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:18:50 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2015, 11:40:24 PM »
I don't even know how you play MF with so many champs bouncing around. I wanna strangle whoever put kalista in the game.

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2015, 09:18:51 AM »
ok.
I have officially confirmed it as EUW's main (and possibly only) silver skarner player, that runeglaive skarner is op. basically every auto attack is considered AOE since you spam Q as much as you auto attack, and it have a great clear for drag/baron and in teamfights you just do your normal Qx3 auto stun or ult, but NOW you can even hurt other enemies while you burst down that stupid riven that tried to go all in on your ADC and forgot you are the waifu maker 4000.
I love skarner. either you do so much stuns to everyone or you're just way too fast for anyone to catch you.
I actually have 2 builds that I never imagine one of them works:
tank build - stalker/sabre - cinderhulk, merc/tabis, omen, frozen heart/visage (if need MR),  iceborn, rightous glory.
Waifu build - Stalker - runeglaive, mobis, rightous glory, wits end, visage, luden.
yeah the waifu build is meant to make everybody on the enemy team your precious, precious waifu,
tons of dmg, stuns, and you're skarner so you can get out of sticky situations by W/flash and you got rightous glory to help you.
best champ 10/10.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #169 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »
Gangplank and Miss Fortune updates are on the PBE.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Sahgren

« Reply #170 on: July 07, 2015, 09:22:02 PM »
It looks like last hitting got a lot more interesting with GP. Do you waste the passive proc on a minion in order to preserve Paaarley for harass or spend the cooldown & mana to keep the threat of the passive?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2015, 09:49:39 PM »
Gangplank and Miss Fortune updates are on the PBE.

I really; really; really do not like the MF changes seeing the numbers.

What they don't tell you on the page is they are changeing her W from being a 6 second steroid which scales up to 60% to a 50/55/60/65/70% AS boost... for 3 autoattacks.

Sure Strut refresh is nice but that dosen't make up for that massive steroid nerf; the fact it's AWFUL to level now and loss of Grevious Wounds.

If her Q is still dumb [50% bonus damage on 2nd target if the first dies dosen't matter if it's going to target minions over champions unless you autoattack the champion first; then target swap; while taking minion aggro and losing your passive] on it's targeting priorities she has 2 skills that are pointless to level now. And even E is worse to level than it was before; because the slow scaleing is worse.

Hell new W is almost as bad to rank up as Zyra's seeds. [Woo 2% CDR per rank and ~1 second CDR and nothing else]

Also:

Hopefully this will also lead to a lot of cool experimentation in your games of League of Legends, and we genuinely apologize for anyone who runs into jungle Kayle with Devourer, because it's kind of gross.

THEN WHY ARE YOU BUFFING KAYLE. [I was gonna abuse this anyway any excuse to play a ranged towerdiving god [R] of a champion with a ranged targeted slow as a jungler]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:54:30 PM by Raikaria »

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »
I really; really; really do not like the MF changes seeing the numbers.

What they don't tell you on the page is they are changeing her W from being a 6 second steroid which scales up to 60% to a 50/55/60/65/70% AS boost... for 3 autoattacks.

Sure Strut refresh is nice but that dosen't make up for that massive steroid nerf; the fact it's AWFUL to level now and loss of Grevious Wounds.

If her Q is still dumb [50% bonus damage on 2nd target if the first dies dosen't matter if it's going to target minions over champions unless you autoattack the champion first; then target swap; while taking minion aggro and losing your passive] on it's targeting priorities she has 2 skills that are pointless to level now. And even E is worse to level than it was before; because the slow scaleing is worse.

Hell new W is almost as bad to rank up as Zyra's seeds. [Woo 2% CDR per rank and ~1 second CDR and nothing else]

If only they made her ult scale with Attack Speed. That would be interesting; more bullet waves the more AS you have.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #173 on: July 09, 2015, 12:56:53 PM »
They reverted the W change; it's a 6 second steroid again; all is well. *Sees this after stomping another game with MF*

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2015, 05:00:06 PM »
They reverted the W change; it's a 6 second steroid again; all is well. *Sees this after stomping another game with MF*

A MF game on the PBE I assume, it's not on the live servers yet.

Bardiche

« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
I don't like this Smite botlane nonsense. Feels like every role and every lane has a champion or two who can bring Smite and Skirmisher's Sabre and not give a damn. Devourer makes it scale really, really strongly for Kalista and Vayne, and Skirmisher's has the added benefit of receiving less damage and dealing more (true) damage, so it's helpful for duelling and trading.

How many patches before we see supports grab Smite, so we'll finally reach that Smite In Every Lane and Every Role saturation point?

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
How many patches before we see supports grab Smite, so we'll finally reach that Smite In Every Lane and Every Role saturation point?
I agree, they should remove flash so that more roles can get access to smite.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2015, 09:18:16 PM »
RoA+Seraph+Deathcap is dumb.

I did this as Karthus just now and those three items alone [Plus R+M and a Doran's Ring] gave me about 688 AP.

That's 3 items. I still had Void and Hourglass to go. And an Elixir. Baron pushed me to almost 750.

I wasn't even Lv 18 so I still had more mana to get.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #178 on: July 09, 2015, 11:49:04 PM »
But Seraph's isn't viable on mana-light champs, usually a Rod of Ages and a Mormorellos is more then enough to sustain mana unless you use buckets of the stuff.

This patch evened out all the AP items pretty well, though. I can run Rylais-Liandry's on Malhazar and still poke people to death pretty disgustingly.
Even better that Voidlings proc the new Rylais as well, if I'm not mistaken. Not that it means much when Space Aids will probably be applying the same slow anyway, but hey, every little bit helps.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:51:46 PM by NekoNekoRex »

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2015, 12:02:33 AM »
Honestly mages kinda need it with every mid laner becoming yasuo.