Author Topic: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!  (Read 138861 times)

Re: League of Legends - Champions GATHER!
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 02:58:00 AM »
pffffft pure AP is retarded, hybrid is superior

AP isn't retarded. AP = nuke for the most part unless you are talking about support characters(i.e. Sona, Soraka, Taric)

Most people just go for Banshee's Veil as their only way of magic defense because of it's passive. So AP champs have a good advantage against most champs except tanks who gets FoN.

One of the most overpowered champs(Vlad) is an AP nuke/tank.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 06:15:58 AM »
What sort of support champions are there? Anyone who's good at buffing and healing, or is it all strictly 'run forward, clash with each other, beat the snot out of everyone not wearing your banner, move on' gameplay?

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 06:34:11 AM »
I know Sona is (apparently) a buffbot and Soraka is a fine healer. There may be a few others I can't think of...

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 07:23:36 AM »
Sona and Soraka are very much classic support characters. The former basically being a bard with many different buffs and the latter being lots of healing.

Janna is a good support as well, she has a large AoE that will knock people around and her ultimate is a huge AoE that will push out enemies and slow them while giving a substantial heal over time in the area for allies.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 07:40:07 AM »
And her passive increases the speed of all allies by X%.

Zilean's another good support, now that I think about it. He can bring people back to life... kinda... with Chronoshift*, increase their speed/slow down an enemy with Time Warp, and his passive increases the experience gained for all allies by a percent.

* Chronosift is weird. If the ally takes a killing blow within ten seconds of it being cast on them (or you, if you so choose), they/you come back to life with a chunk of health.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 09:41:45 AM »
AP isn't retarded. AP = nuke for the most part unless you are talking about support characters(i.e. Sona, Soraka, Taric)

I was specifically referring to AP Yi, not the actual AP stat itself...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 01:27:54 AM »
I was specifically referring to AP Yi, not the actual AP stat itself...

I've seen several good AP Yi players. Hybrids are usually weaker depending on the ratio of AD to AP.

And if you guys want to play another good support, Taric isn't half bad. He triples up as a support/tank/healer.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »
Oh right! I forgot about Taric.

Doesn't his first spell (Q) heal him if you heal an ally? That's great for keeping you and a buddy up in a lane or during a push.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 07:36:58 AM »
I've seen several good AP Yi players. Hybrids are usually weaker depending on the ratio of AD to AP.

And if you guys want to play another good support, Taric isn't half bad. He triples up as a support/tank/healer.

AP Yi requires a play style that most people who play carries would never, ever do. AP Yi however is much more durable and actually has viability in a team fight and contributes in ways other than "rip up people to shreds and then chase stragglers all the way to their base and then get humiliated by turrets." Also, approval of Taric goes here.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
Sup guys, totally free Sivir here, been playing for a week and I'm still free. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »
They tend to make the more noob friendly champions free more often resulting in GO THE FUCK AWAY MORGANA and similar instances. I think the record is currently held by Irelia though, she's been free ONCE.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »
They tend to make the more noob friendly champions free more often resulting in GO THE FUCK AWAY MORGANA AKALI and similar instances. I think the record is currently held by Irelia though, she's been free ONCE.

Fixed.

I kinda hope Moakai Maokai Moaki treechamp is free on his first week or shortly thereafter, like how Renek was.

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
I kinda hope Moakai Maokai Moaki treechamp is free on his first week or shortly thereafter, like how Renek was.
You're in luck. Every champion is in the free rotation the second week after his release. For example we will have free Karma next rotation.

I tried Teemo out today after failing with him several weeks ago. It seems that he requires you to play with friends and voicechat. Barely got any kills but the mushrooms allowed us to backdoor like crazy and the enemy team to insult us, ragequit and surrender. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 02:24:48 AM »
You're in luck. Every champion is in the free rotation the second week after his release. For example we will have free Karma next rotation.

I tried Teemo out today after failing with him several weeks ago. It seems that he requires you to play with friends and voicechat. Barely got any kills but the mushrooms allowed us to backdoor like crazy and the enemy team to insult us, ragequit and surrender. :V

Teemo is awesome with his mushrooms. He just takes a playstyle people aren't used to. A fun thing to do is stealth in bushes and ninja people as they run over all your shit. You can also plant shrooms in their base for your teleporting leisure.  :V

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 02:30:13 AM »
That little guy always manage to kill me when I'm alone, even if I got tank equip. ;;

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 02:38:14 AM »
The secret to Teemo is that he doesn't do physical damage. 90% of his damage comes from his Toxic Shot which does bonus magic damage on impact and then poisons there after. This scales with AP so most Teemo's tend to build AP and Attack Speed. A good number of those gear items also tend to add bonus magic damage.

If you ever die from a Teemo take a look at the death recap and see how much damage actually came from his auto attack.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 02:49:13 AM »
Can we get a list of people's IGNs so we can get a party game going?

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 03:04:44 AM »
Here's the list of IGN from the users who stated their username.

Cyclone - DanDanRevolution

Ususually Unzan - DefinitelySatori

The Hungry Kaguya - draganuv14

Kyo Tanaka - Kyo Tanaka

andrewv42 - Cheez Bix

Those are all the IGN I seen in this thread.

And what kind of party are you expecting?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:26:06 PM by Kyo Tanaka »

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 07:59:42 AM »

Yay!

Also, yeah. Teemo is silly. Also, holy shit they're changing Ryze. I'd link the patch notes but I don't have the link/am half-dead right now.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 01:38:52 PM »
I just looked at the patch notes. Ryze is already good, but I don't get why Annie is more popular than him. ;;
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:43:46 PM by Kyo Tanaka »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
I just looked at the patch notes. Ryze is already good, but I don't get why Annie is more popular than him. ;;

Annie is like

Literally gothloli

How can she not be more popular than SPELLFUCKS...

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:31 PM »
Hey, I play League of Legends quite frequently. My IGN is Cheez Bix, on the North American server, if anybody is willing to play. I already have Bitmap (Baka / Wasabikun) added.

Annie is preferable over Ryze to most team compositions at the moment due to her crowd control capabilities. Ryze only has a snare, which has a hopelessly short duration at the start of the game; Annie can potentially stun the entire enemy team... right at level 1.

From a damage perspective, the two champions are comparably similar. Annie is immensely superior, however, where all disabling effects are concerned.
The Ryze re-make that's coming next patch should be interesting, though, and will evolve his character in a manner that will be considerable indeed.
I eat squirrels.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 05:47:27 PM »
SPELLFUCKS...

Please tell me that's Ryze's nickname. I will totally call him SPELLFUCKS any chance I get.

And yeah, the 'remake' of him should be interesting. I wonder if his innate/first spell's passive will keep their abilities (lowered cooldowns/1 sec cooldown reduction per spellcast, respectively)...

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 12:40:20 AM »
"Spellfucks" is my friends' and my nickname for Ryze, actually.

Back when I was still playing it. It still is the nickname for us. xD

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 03:28:34 AM »
I hope your friend doesn't mind that I'm totally stealing it. >>

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:41 PM »
Please tell me that's Ryze's nickname. I will totally call him SPELLFUCKS any chance I get.

And yeah, the 'remake' of him should be interesting. I wonder if his innate/first spell's passive will keep their abilities (lowered cooldowns/1 sec cooldown reduction per spellcast, respectively)...

From what I've heard, the passive is remaining something like the same, but his cooldowns are being reduced, and his abilities will begin scaling with mana; so that way, but combining mana and cooldown reduction items, like frozen heart, he can essentially evolve into a sustainable caster.

Shurelia's blog explained the essence behind those changes a few months ago, although there's every chance that additional modifications were made since then. You can visit it here.

Also, non-relatedly, you're back to Somewhat Mystia!  :o
I eat squirrels.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
More fast-paced, apparently...

As a man who loves him some spellfucks Ryze, this change can't come soon enough.

I wonder if he'll be free that week, to help everyone who hasn't already gotten him get a feel for his newness.

And yes, yes I am! I love it when things come full circle after a long while of... uh... not.... being. That way. Yeah, I don't know how to phrase it.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2011, 01:08:36 AM »
I forgot how awesome Miss Fortune can be.  :V
5/7/7 last round because Fiddle KEPT SILENCING MY ULTIMATE.

andrewv42

• I heard Malzaherp
  • needs a derp
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 05:34:43 AM »
I've always thought Miss Fortune felt a little weak ever since her ultimate got hit so hard by the nerf bat in several series of patches.

Ryze is a cheap champion, anyway; even if he isn't made free, he's still an inexpensive purchase to make.
I eat squirrels.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 05:56:57 AM »
He's cheap in other ways, too. :derp:

Also, sadface at the lack of a patch t'day.