Author Topic: Powercreep and Dragons Thread XXVII: Making Juggler less OP all day everyday  (Read 145146 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Elia Elia, I read that those are better than mini Valk for ASaku. Were those only from the ultimate god rush challenge?

they invade in Mythical descends in some events.

As for Mythical Plus Ultimate God Rush, that's only in Japan right now

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
I looked into this and found out a few things:

1: P+D doesn't have an Android EU release.
2: P+D does have an IoS release in EU but I do not have any IoS devices
3: There is a 3DS game; Puzzle and Dragons Z; which I can buy on the 3DS store.

3 is what I want to ask about. Anyone played that? I heard it works like the IoS ect version; but instead of being freemium this is more a pay up front thing. Is it any good? I've seen a couple of reveiws on Youtube so I have an idea what it plays like.

It also comes bundled with a Mario-skinned version too. Because DS.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:36:10 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
3 is what I want to ask about. Anyone played that? I heard it works like the IoS ect version; but instead of being freemium this is more a pay up front thing. Is it any good? I've seen a couple of reveiws on Youtube so I have an idea what it plays like.

PADZ and PAD Mario Edition are both separate standalone games with their own unique stuff. You pay to buy the game and play it, there's no such thing as freemium model or whatever.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
PADZ and PAD Mario Edition are both separate standalone games with their own unique stuff. You pay to buy the game and play it, there's no such thing as freemium model or whatever.

I thought the original which this thread is mostly about is free-to-play with micro-transactions.

Just wondered if anyone had played both; since PAD itself seems very popular but due to being European [No Android release] and without an IoS device I can't play it. Is the DS game heavily watered down or anything?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_

It's only 18hours into Satan Cup but I'm seriously aiming for crown this time!
With half the dungeon being blue enemies and bosses having kinda large hp, Bastet is really favoured for once in a ranking dungeon!

MatsuriSakuragi

I looked into this and found out a few things:

1: P+D doesn't have an Android EU release.
2: P+D does have an IoS release in EU but I do not have any IoS devices
3: There is a 3DS game; Puzzle and Dragons Z; which I can buy on the 3DS store.

1. PAD EU is perpetually the farthest-behind version due to it being the latest server to start up. It's on par with NA on terms of up-to-date content, but behind on biweekly dungeons and such. Otherwise they're identical, so just get an NA account, you ARE able to play that on Android. You'll just have to figure out how to download it. (Should just be a matter of obtaining the .apk iirc?)
2. See previous answer: most of us here play on NA anyway so if you play on EU you won't be able to add us as friends and use our leaders to your advantage.
3. It's... okay? I mean, there's no IAP stuff, sure, but I will say it's not as rich and intriguing of a game as the actual thing due to PADZ being made a very long time ago (and thus being pretty obsolete compared to the mobile game, which is frequently updated with new content and play styles)-- but on the surface it plays very much the same. I stopped playing PADZ due to it being boringly easy in comparison to the endgame content I've been doing in the mobile game, but for someone who has never played, I'm sure it would be a fine introduction to the game. I know PAD Mario is a more up-to-date version of the game more closely related to the PAD of today, but I've yet to play it.
tl;dr: I don't personally care much for it but you'll probably enjoy it if you like the concept of PAD and are new to the game.

I thought the original which this thread is mostly about is free-to-play with micro-transactions.

Just wondered if anyone had played both; since PAD itself seems very popular but due to being European [No Android release] and without an IoS device I can't play it. Is the DS game heavily watered down or anything?

Again, just download the NA version and you should be fine.

And yeah, it is, at least as far as PADZ goes. It tries to inject a kind of needless RPG layout to the game with a really cheesy story and is filled with characters and monsters that have absolutely no presence in the mobile game. Most monster skills/abilities are much weaker than what you'd see in the mobile game due to PADZ being made before the power creep began. But it also means that the game lacks a lot of the new content and playstyles the mobile game has, such as (and as far as I know?) two-pronged attacks (match precisely 4 orbs for a boosted attack on a monster that has the skill), rows (match at least a full row of orbs to boost the damage of your whole team), popcorns (colloquial term for matching precisely 5 orbs with at least one enhanced orb to trigger boosted damage), crosses (if a monster has the skill, matching a + shape of hearts triggers a shield), boosted effects on skill use (effects that only trigger when you use a skill), and so on.

And again, I know the Mario version is a bit more up to date (I think I heard that two-pronged attacks were in a recent update?), but I've yet to play it.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
It's only 18hours into Satan Cup but I'm seriously aiming for crown this time!
With half the dungeon being blue enemies and bosses having kinda large hp, Bastet is really favoured for once in a ranking dungeon!

Yeah I don't really get it. If I tryhard with Bastet I either get no Green orbs, or I get too much skyfall on a single floor which skews my combo average.

But I can't get 120k with my Yomidra setup either... Kind of frustrating.

commandercool

• alter cool

Dang. This event is good.

I see that Fat Dragon is up in the normal urgent rotation today. I bet a record low number of people will be going in. :V
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

I started at 3.4 with this score. It seems there wasn't as much movement as last time, so a lot of people decided to settle with what they got.

commandercool

• alter cool
Looks like preset ranking dungeon teams will finally be a thing. That sounds interesting at the very least, and possibly very smart.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

GIVE BADPY

MatsuriSakuragi

giv eschamali :(

Aug 01 16:16:30 <Chaore>   i'm not really
Aug 01 16:16:38 <Chaore>   liking this ranking dungeon stuff still tbh.
Aug 01 16:17:57 <Chirei>   though tbh im wondering why they just dont make it like padcha

Nov 26 13:32:31 <hyorinryu>   how do you make a ranking system that's fair, while not falling to cheese teams
Nov 26 13:32:55 <Chirei>   pad cha lol
Nov 26 13:32:59 <jq1790>   Make it like PADChallenge and give everyone preset teams?
Nov 26 13:33:37 <Chirei>   like I don't really care how much people want to push the argument that "it would take too much to put into the game" I think it's the fairest one

Dec 21 20:51:16 <Chirei>   it's only gonna change when they stop letting people bring in whatever cards they want lol
Dec 21 20:51:28 <Chirei>   preset teams the only true equalizer for it

>PRESET TEAMS FOR RANKING DUNGEON HYPE

IT TOOK THEM SEVEN FUCKING CUPS TO REALIZE SHIT THAT WAS EVIDENT FROM DAY ONE SMH

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
giv eschamali :(

Yeah, seriously

I may actually sacrifice goats or something when she becomes available here

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me

P+D doesn't have an Android EU release.
(Should just be a matter of obtaining the .apk iirc?)
You can download the installer for the NA version of the game from here. I can confirm that this site is safe, but beware of downloading APKs from other places since they might be modified with malware.

MatsuriSakuragi

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Looks like preset ranking dungeon teams will finally be a thing. That sounds interesting at the very least, and possibly very smart.

It's a solid equalizer, at least.

Now it's only bullshit rng, bad dungeon planning, -and- the fact they can hand you a team you have no idea how to play! : D

in short, it's a lot better than what it is, but ranking dungeons (and padcha) are a flawed concept from the start but here we are.

commandercool

• alter cool
It's a solid equalizer, at least.

Now it's only bullshit rng, bad dungeon planning, -and- the fact they can hand you a team you have no idea how to play! : D

in short, it's a lot better than what it is, but ranking dungeons (and padcha) are a flawed concept from the start but here we are.

I fully endorse this comment. Agreed with all of that.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
So long as they give different team with different playstyles (unconditional teams, rainbow teams, combo teams, etc) the "giving you teams you have no idea how to play as" isn't a problem, a lot of knowledge translates from one team type to the other and although one cup will definitely end up favoring people who, say, have more experience with combo teams, another may very well tip the scales and make someone that is better with rainbow teams. Plus, if you're really "the best" you should have at least a passing knowledge of how to play every team type.

Dungeon Planning... I won't argue that one, it's really fully on them. Bullshit RNG I really don't see as a problem though, even though there are times where I get orbtrolled like fuck there are also plenty of times where I completely fuck up my Horus combo and skyfalls just decide to give me 15 combos + full activation + full heal. If you're serious about the Ranking dungeons (like most of us aren't), the RNG should balance out over time, and the most skilled know how to both adapt to and plan for RNG. Even in the bullshit amounts that PaD throws at us.

Of course, it also depends entirely on what kind of subs they throw at us, but I trust gungho not to make absolutely stupid teams. Heck they might even use this opportunity to shed some light on the more obscure, esoteric or unpopular teams out there (like Gabe/Beyzul awesome switch, Leader Aamir or even Hel).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:46:54 PM by Astrologian Sacchi »

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Ranking dungeon is gonna be rng no matter what they do tbh.
What they need to do is stop putting MP puredras in it. thanks.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.

This is inevitable, yes, but also good. If it had absolutely zero RNG involved people would just figure out the most optimal route quickly and reproduce it a billion times. At that point it became less about "solving the puzzle" and more about being quick on your fingers. Doing that takes away all of the potential fun and the whole point of the Ranking Dungeon.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

Essentially my problem, ye.

Ranking was flawed and this really isn't a game built for it.

Any kind of multiplayer shenans shoulda been more like co-op in the first place.

Lol, first dungeon of Castle of Satan, got a Vampire :V Good monster right ?

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Yep, his final evolution is a very good farmable sub for dark teams, and he can work well as a leader too.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Yeah I don't really get it. If I tryhard with Bastet I either get no Green orbs, or I get too much skyfall on a single floor which skews my combo average.

But I can't get 120k with my Yomidra setup either... Kind of frustrating.

What's your team like?
My strat goes like this:
Bastet/ Elize,GZL,LiuBei,Verdandi / Bastet

Turn 1 (or 2): If less than 4 green orbs, use Elize. 5~6 combos is already enough to kill these guys with skill triggered, so I tries to save excess green orbs here if I can. I also use Elize on turn 2 regardless of how many green I have because this allows me to have excess green orbs on turn 3.
Turn 3: If I have no 4 here this run is pretty much over. I can one shot him with 7c no skills but I use wild cat here just in case I fail and only do a 6. (Cannot use Elize because she won't be up by turn 7)
Turn 4: Liu Bei+GZL for 40mil damage bonus so it isn't too rng here.
Turn 5 or 6: If 4 green orbs, use Wild Cat. If not, use verdandi. If HP is too low to take pre-empts and no hearts, use verdandi also. If using verdandi on turn 5 and excess green orbs are spawned, again I try to conserve them if I can but tbh it's hard to do so but just hope for the best.
Turn 7: Use elize and hope I can one-shot.

I only get a good run (finish in 7 turns) like once every 4~5 runs so it can be frustrating sometimes if something keeps going wrong for several runs in a row. Taking a break helps sometimes I guess? My best runs are usually the first half of the runs I do out of a full stam bar.

Also my 0.6% score dropped to 0.8% overnight but I managed to get 123502 (0.4%) just now!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:20:03 AM by Thaws »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Turn 1 (or 2): If less than 4 green orbs, use Elize. 5~6 combos is already enough to kill these guys with skill triggered, so I tries to save excess green orbs here if I can. I also use Elize on turn 2 regardless of how many green I have because this allows me to have excess green orbs on turn 3.
Turn 3: If I have no 4 here this run is pretty much over. I can one shot him with 7c no skills but I use wild cat here just in case I fail and only do a 6. (Cannot use Elize because she won't be up by turn 7)
Turn 4: Liu Bei+GZL for 40mil damage bonus so it isn't too rng here.
Turn 5 or 6: If 4 green orbs, use Wild Cat. If not, use verdandi. If HP is too low to take pre-empts and no hearts, use verdandi also. If using verdandi on turn 5 and excess green orbs are spawned, again I try to conserve them if I can but tbh it's hard to do so but just hope for the best.
Turn 7: Use elize and hope I can one-shot.

I have to drop GZL for A.Meimei because I've had a horrible history with never having enough Green orbs when I need them. Problem floors are:

Not having 4 on Beyzul

Not having 4 on Eldorado

Not having 4 on Anne&Mary

Having a shit Meimei board on Satan

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Skillmaxes are all that stand in my way I'm pretty sure.

Soon(tm).
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Yesterday I decided to get back into this game (previous phone ended up acting fucky with memory, therefore I couldn't install an update for PAD).

323,897,388 (SoichiroSM)

Starter roll was Perseus, Tower of XXX roll was Bastet, sold most of the feeding dragons from the PEM (thanks to the pal points events) for one meeelion three million coins.

Anything new to keep in mind due to all of the super updates? Also, what use are the Yatagarasus for? (I got two of them)
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

commandercool

• alter cool
Things to keep in mind from recent updates:
-Fairy Tale Girls are great now and you shouldn't throw them away any more.
-Orb Enhance is kind of good now.
-The game seems to be gradually shifting away from spike teams and toward balanced teams.

Yatagarasu is basically just experience food. It's also a skillup for Amaterasu, but her most recent and most popular form has a different skill anyway so most of the time people don't even use it for that.