Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 144531 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #900 on: November 12, 2017, 07:11:19 AM »
might've been team takumi holding onto feathers for a bonus that never happened, that was a shockingly close round, how good, how good

I'm willing to bet most of the people waiting for a bonus were on Shanna's team. What happened at the end was people on Shanna's team realizing they weren't getting anymore bonuses and burning their flags. I was one of them :(

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #901 on: November 12, 2017, 11:08:13 PM »
Eh... grats team Shanna.  To be honest I wasn't expecting them to hand out a bonus towards the end although I was hurling flags for team Takumi to get a strong lead, but when I saw it was at a stalemate I sensed that something was gonna give by the time I got off yesterday.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:13:29 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #902 on: November 13, 2017, 09:42:15 AM »
When Hinoka lost, I was a little annoyed, and sided with Shanna... didn't expect her to actually win the whole thing, but oh well...

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to pull our cutest little witch... and failing ><

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #903 on: November 13, 2017, 11:22:56 PM »
Alright, finally pulled Halloween Nowi. Great because I finally have a Flier Emblem team (HNowi+BCorrin+SCamilla+Camilla or GAzura), terrible because... I mean come on, she's pretty bad.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #904 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:30 PM »
The curse of the red mage stat spread. I run her as a hone bot with the spd + 3 seal, so with her decent attack she can at least take care of low res greens. I also kept her Grimoire and added escape route so she can essentially warp at any HP. In the end though, she's mostly there as support for my melee fliers.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #905 on: November 14, 2017, 12:35:57 AM »
I meant aesthetically bad. :D I actually think as a unit she's pretty good despite the slightly unfortunate stat spread. I think Atk/Res bond is pretty powerful although I know it's more popular to run her with Fury.

Not sure if I'm going to stick with Grimoire or give her Raorblade, but if I do keep Grimoire I'll probably steal your idea on Escape Route. That seems smart.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:51:35 AM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #906 on: November 14, 2017, 12:39:36 AM »
Really? Red's certainly the worst mage color, but HNowi has the best stat spread, weapon, and skills out of the 3 mage fliers right now. Atk/Res Bond gives her a huge boost to her res, which is already the best of the 3, and makes her able to tank even blue mages. It's also a great skill because it works in the enemy phase, which is something fliers really need against enemy mages. Her weapon's also clearly the best, fliers will always enjoy having greater mobility (I'm not even running GAzura because of this), and also incidentally has the highest MT of the 3 mage flier weapons, giving her the highest attack. She also has good speed, but both speed and attack tend not to mean much of anything in a hone/goad flier team, which is what makes the Res boost that much more delicious.

e: ninja'd, but my point still stands
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #907 on: November 14, 2017, 01:14:21 AM »
Looks like my HNowi is +HP/-DEF. That's tolerable.

Meanwhile, I found a level 40 Raven in the training tower with the lowest attack I have EVER seen:

His theoretical minimum with a Brave Axe at level 40 should be 37...

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #908 on: November 14, 2017, 01:25:19 AM »
What's so bad about HNowi's stat spread? Her 32 speed is only 2 less than Corrin and she has 3 more attack than her. In terms of offensive spread, she beats out pretty much every other mounted mage except for Summer Corrin and Hollow Henry. Maybe Linde and Nino beat her out, but Nowi gets to benefit from Hone Fliers, which will give her a two point boost over people using rallys and hones.

I don't think Red mages are that bad, they just don't have consistent prey.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #909 on: November 14, 2017, 01:37:49 AM »
SCorrin isn't exactly good or widely used, so being better than her isn't anything special. I'm not sure I've ever seen her used seriously, although I intend to try it myself here soon.

Nowi's stats just aren't as minmaxed as they could be. Def and Res are a bit too high, although if you're running Atk/Res Bond and Fortify Fliers (which I'm planning to) then the Resist is helpful. A Res tank isn't exactly what Flier Emblem teams need, but it's usable.

As for red mages, I'm actually a big fan of them. I use Celica, Arvis and Tharja all fairly often. They all have good matchups against every armor unit including Black Knight, and they beat a lot of potentially problematic popular units like both Ikes. Everything that they match up terribly against (Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Linde) gets pantsed by Camilla, who's on all of my teams anyway, so they fit in well for me personally.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #910 on: November 14, 2017, 02:07:37 AM »
well what fliers need is a good answer to bow units during enemy phase, which SCamilla comes the closest to with Iote's Shield (besides like a distant counter Beruka for the lols), but even she has trouble not being slaughtered by brave Lyn, either because of getting quaded by brave bows, or having bonuses denied by Mulagir. And as long as they don't provide an answer unit for this, which honestly isn't a huuuge problem (though depending on the map), they seem pretty interchangeable for the most part.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2017, 02:49:22 AM »
Yeah, I use SCamilla with Iote's Shield, and with Fortify Fliers she's pretty buff. Brave Lyn is definitely a problem, I think I can confidently say she's the hardest counter there is to Flier Emblem, but a melee flier can still chew her up.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:50 AM »
SCorrin isn't exactly good or widely used, so being better than her isn't anything special. I'm not sure I've ever seen her used seriously, although I intend to try it myself here soon.

Nowi's stats just aren't as minmaxed as they could be. Def and Res are a bit too high, although if you're running Atk/Res Bond and Fortify Fliers (which I'm planning to) then the Resist is helpful. A Res tank isn't exactly what Flier Emblem teams need, but it's usable.

As for red mages, I'm actually a big fan of them. I use Celica, Arvis and Tharja all fairly often. They all have good matchups against every armor unit including Black Knight, and they beat a lot of potentially problematic popular units like both Ikes. Everything that they match up terribly against (Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Linde) gets pantsed by Camilla, who's on all of my teams anyway, so they fit in well for me personally.

I've seen SCorrin and SCamilla both touted as great bladetomers several times. Camilla in particular surprised me. Fliers in general aren't common, and Corrin is a limited unit. She's seen as pretty good though. There are 5 mages faster than she is and they're all infantry. When you factor in hones, the only person who still beats her is Bridal Caeda. She ties with Spring Lucina and Linde. Fliers have everything they need imo. They just need to be cheaper. Hone being locked to 5*s hurts a lot.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »
Yeah, it's possible my evaluation is just way off. I've never owned Hone Fliers before and I'm not interested in Horsey Emblem so it's entirely possible I'll change my mind once I've used Hone Fliers a bit more. Previously my favorite ~Blade tech has been Ephraim with Rally Def/Res and Hone Spd, but Ephraim is otherwise kind of mediocre so this may be much better.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #914 on: November 14, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
Yeah, the Stone siblings can only get a blade user +3+13, while a single hone unit can get a blade user +6+12, and you have that buffer unit free to move and an assist slot open.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2017, 04:36:22 AM »
Yeah, the Stone siblings can only get a blade user +3+13, while a single hone unit can get a blade user +6+12, and you have that buffer unit free to move and an assist slot open.

Yeah, and then there's the part where you get both a hone and a fortify on your bladetome mount. You should try it at least once. Olwen laughs at Reinhardt damage with it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2017, 02:24:20 PM »
So notably Nowi's Grimoire teleport doesn't actually work as advertised. It says "ally within 2 spaces" but what it actually means seems to be "ally within Nowi's movement range" since it doesn't work normally when her movement is reduced. I suppose that probably means the opposite is true as well and she would become crazy mobile if her move was increased.

Not likely to come up, but for what it's worth.

Edit: Ha ha what the fuck, Hone Fliers is so bullshit. Unfortunately my Flier Emblem team has a pretty low stat total, so I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it's fun and powerful.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:58:29 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2017, 06:45:25 PM »
So notably Nowi's Grimoire teleport doesn't actually work as advertised. It says "ally within 2 spaces" but what it actually means seems to be "ally within Nowi's movement range" since it doesn't work normally when her movement is reduced. I suppose that probably means the opposite is true as well and she would become crazy mobile if her move was increased.
So I tried to test this out because it's different from what I've experienced. I used the first map of chain challenge 2 and stuck Nowi in front of Leo so she would get hit by gravity and her movement got reduced to 1. However, the warp still seems to work like before.

Can you elaborate on what happened in your case so I can try to replicate your situation?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2017, 06:55:00 PM »
I should've screencapped it but it didn't occur to me. Based on how it seemed to work for me you wouldn't be able to move to that one square in the lower left there. But it's entirely possible I'm overlooking some other factor or just wrong, since that picture definitely isn't consistent with what I thought I was seeing.

If I see anything that indicates otherwise I'll make sure to actually get a picture.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #919 on: November 14, 2017, 07:48:57 PM »
I should've screencapped it but it didn't occur to me. Based on how it seemed to work for me you wouldn't be able to move to that one square in the lower left there. But it's entirely possible I'm overlooking some other factor or just wrong, since that picture definitely isn't consistent with what I thought I was seeing.

If I see anything that indicates otherwise I'll make sure to actually get a picture.

Is it possible it was blocked by an enemy unit with Obstruct? I forget that skill exists 95+% of the time, so I so I don't realize what's happening when it's in effect.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #920 on: November 14, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »
Conceivably, although aren't squares you can't move into because of Obstruct highlighted?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #921 on: November 15, 2017, 03:08:36 AM »
Conceivably, although aren't squares you can't move into because of Obstruct highlighted?

Don't think so, otherwise, I'd wonder why they were highlighted rather than why I couldn't move there.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #922 on: November 15, 2017, 03:31:17 AM »
No, obstruct squares have that same light blue highlight, which may have been a cause of confusion maybe

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #923 on: November 15, 2017, 03:34:54 AM »
No Joshua blocked Mia. Feelsgood.

HEALER BUFFS PogChamp

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #924 on: November 15, 2017, 03:48:08 AM »
Healer buffs!~ <3

Weapon upgrades... WHO WANTS BROKEN BS!!!!

8% starting for legendary hero event on the 27th!

Mystery new protag with ice powers and we get her after chapter 2 of the new book, yay!
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #925 on: November 15, 2017, 03:59:52 AM »
It's about time healer got a buff

Weapon refinement is a really nice mechanic to implement, since they now have a system in place to adjust weapon balance as the game evolves and power creeps old ones. It might also be IS's way of addressing disappointing IVs without actually turning the current way they're handled into something else entirely, which I think is a pretty creative solution.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #926 on: November 15, 2017, 04:12:35 AM »
What a cute owl.  :V

I've been wondering for a while if there would ever be a rebalance wave for all of the crappy early heroes, and weapon refinement seems like a potentially great way of handling that since a surprisingly large number of them have personal weapons. And added customizability is always good, even if it's inevitably mostly going to tend toward MORE ATTACK!

So does this mean they'll actually be resolving the main plot and introducing a new plot with new characters? That's great given how badly the story has been dragging. Hopefully that means the major villains will become playable relatively soon too.

Conqueror

« Reply #927 on: November 15, 2017, 05:23:41 AM »
That was pretty hype. Do we actually have a timeline for when all the updates are going to hit? It wasn't clear in the video.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #928 on: November 15, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »
...when you try to get Lute and instead pull a different blue 5-star every second draw.
Hi Roderick, Nephenee and Dupe-Azura. Not complaining, just slightly baffled.

Can't wait for all these changes to take place. Some of this stuff sounds like it could be really interesting.
Wonder if more Specials will be used, now that their cooldown has been reduced.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2017, 01:23:01 PM »
I think I missed that part. Specials are getting their cooldowns reduced? Which ones?

On one hand neat, they're pretty imbalanced, but on the other hand that seems like it pushes things even *further* into the valley of hyper-aggro one-shot. Reinhardt is hard enough to tank as it is without 1-CD Moonbow or something...