Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 121522 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 4-
« Reply #1050 on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:53 AM »
PS Dan's first post was horrible. Should have vigged without a claim!

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #1051 on: January 25, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
I love the sound of my own voice!

My finely tuned alcoholic tendencies won't leave me alone. Since it's what the day is effectively coming down to, I'm going to force the issue.

The only person who came close to counterclaiming PX was Conqueror. The only person that's counterclaimed Conqueror is thin air. There are 14 of us and two power roles so far. There are 0 informational roles. A lynch going through on a claimed watcher because he didn't counterclaim the scum hard enough is bullshit logic. Either counterclaim Conqueror or he's not today's lynch.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1052 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:24 AM »
Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Stop making sense Shadoweh, how am I meant to lynch you otherwise?
Still hating everything.
##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

Shadoweh

« Reply #1053 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
It's what happens when you actually read the thread, Dormio. :V
Hey maybe you can get me tomorrow on serial murderer charges! :D

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1054 on: January 25, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
If that's L-1, gonna hammer when I see Schezo is around.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1055 on: January 25, 2012, 11:43:17 AM »
I believe it's L-2 because Affinity changed his vote. Are you agreeing with me? :ohdear:

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1056 on: January 25, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
I'd rather die than agree with you hmmph.

Jerk Shadoweh not vigging me :<

Shadoweh

« Reply #1057 on: January 25, 2012, 01:00:29 PM »
Ask Schezo to restore my durability and I'll give you axey lovings tonight~
I went to go read Zakky-chan's posts as Homuhomu and I can't even tell he sounds like scum in that one. T-T Affinity sounds like his town self over there though. Sorry for fytin! It takes drastic measures and incredibly silly cases to get people talking around these parts.

PS BT still doesn't exist yet people might wanna look into that

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1058 on: January 25, 2012, 02:00:10 PM »
Firstly, I have reiterated the point about how Conq's BT case on D2 was bad and misreppy given the way he threw it away on D3.  The most succinct conclusion I have come to regarding his D2 posting and PX/BT/rawr fuzziness is posted here, which baffles me as to why he's continuing to say mistakenly that I am merely using labels such as null and scummy to describe his play.
Responding to the linked post:
"Objectively questionable" is a term that applies to a lot of people. My decisions are hardly arbitrary. Weird, sure. I change my mind a lot when I'm playing mafia. It's the little things that add up. PX just wasn't here on D2, and he's shown this behavior before as town. It's not a scumtell for him, and I disliked the way people were jumping on him (though for other reasons). Again, it's not that BT was scum for continuing his Dormio case, but it was because he didn't seem to take into account any of the new happenings. I feel like I've said this before. You are using labels such as null and scummy; for chrissake I see them in that post.

Secondly, I was not attacking Conq for 'not voting PX to the point of a lynch', but rather, not considering PX as scum beyond his subjective town read even despite the fact that two investigative roles in the same game should at least be unlikely.  Subjective reads are merely an empty excuse for defending what became flipped scum, and scrutiny and suspicion should be given when due.
>mfw
I was one of perhaps 2 people scrutinizing PX's claim.

Lastly, there is a very large difference between my opinion on PX's claim and Conq's claim.  In the latter case, scuminess was inherent in the claim; Conq assuming the role of watcher he claims to have makes his interactions with PX even more unforgivable in he never questioned the latter's copclaim.  We did not have an already flipped scum as measure with PX.
Jesus Christ PX NEVER CLAIMED COP. I did question his claim. Are you reading?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #1059 on: January 25, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »
I was going to say something else here to Affinity but it's all been said over and over again and both of us are just repeating the same stuff. -.-

Dormio needs to put some actual effort into the game.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #1060 on: January 25, 2012, 02:23:45 PM »
Zakeri, if Affinity is scum, who are his buddies? You've only talked about the people on the biggest lynch  wagons so far.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #1061 on: January 25, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »
Voting:
Conq (2): Pesco, Affinity
Affinity (2): Conq, Zakeri
Zakeri (2): Shadoweh, Dormio

Not Voting: BT

Eceryone is at L-2
With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline for day 4 is in 11hours Watch timer here

« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
Zakeri, if Affinity is scum, who are his buddies? You've only talked about the people on the biggest lynch  wagons so far.
I think BT might actually be the most plausible partner. None of them were on the Serela wagon at the end of day one, which goes further in not being a target day two than, say the fact that they were all on another wagon that wouldn't flip until much later in the game. Then they split their targets with PX going after HW, BT going after Conqueror, and hyperbus affinity going after PX. I don't necessarily see Affinity's cheerleading of the conq wagon to mean Conqueror is his scumbuddy, since despite Affinity's meta, he does have to win the game after all. Getting another town lynch in before Conqueror would be that win.

If that's L-1, gonna hammer when I see Schezo is around.
Taking this as the L-1 vote.
I'm Ilyana, wielder of Love and Thunder. Except I don't have a Thunder Tome, so I just have Love and a Vote. Vanilla Townie.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1063 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:36 PM »
Hi!
I don't want to alarm anyone but there are THREE HOURS LEFT TO LYNCH. Also BT still doesn't exist. I had this terrible dream where we no-lynched today. Also my start menu was replaced by a big black symbol and kept loading FF 11 sites. The no-lynch was still horrible.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1064 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:05 PM »
BT I know you're there, I can see your light on. O_O There are two wonderful choices for you, and one that I will throttle you for. VOTE.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1065 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
Welp, reading ~everything~ again.

4. Affinity
Uh. Posts such as #114, I read as distancing, as there is no actual motivation behind scumhunting PX. Despite this, Affinity's D1 was extremely solid. Then came the PX case, after HW and Pesco have already started the wagon. What bugs me here is not the case, but everything around it: besides his zero-motivation questions directed at PX during D1, he had absolutely no interactions with him. Add to that how he kept scumhunting people like Conq and Dormio (and myself, to an extent) while keeping his PX case untouched, and I really can picture how he'd have no let-us-lynch-the-scum motivation to lynch him from the start. He notes in a post that, while he has presented stuff against Dormio all day while talking squat about PX, PX and Dormio are scummy, and I cannot find the reason for 'PX over Dormio' anywhere. It looks like cheerleading a Dormio wagon while voteparking on a guy that, if we assume Scum!Affinity, wouldn't call you out for it anyway. And then there's his vote on Conq 30 minutes before deadline which looks terrible in hindsight because he doesn't explain why Conq is worse than PX. In fact, by voteswitching, he officially ruled PX out as a possible quicklynch. Then, in D3, iirc, there were no major scumhunting aside from the cases on Conq, which is the polar opposite of what happened with PX: when he parked on PX, he constantly scumhunted other people. When on Conq, he's just as tunnely as I was for most of the game. If we assume that this change is because of a difference in allegiance (PX: scum, Conq: town), this makes perfect sense.

5. Zakeri
As Conq noted earlier, this seems kind of odd from a theoretical scumpartner. I also note how ActionDan has been pretty reckless during his time in the game (right from the get-go, too), which is out-of-character for scum. Has ActionDan done this kind of thing before? Also, another PX post (this one) is interesting in that it seems to encourage a Zakeri/Dan vig, which, well, uh, why would scum do this exactly, implying Scum!Zakeri-partner-of-PX? Seems like a huge, unneeded risk. Although... PX DID name this as 'what HE would do', so this could easily be read as distancing, as well. And then there's this post in which Zak goes to almost no explaining regarding how PX's claim+flip will change his read on me, and in hindsight, this looks like a set-up. And, uh, yeah, he DOES defend me, but his basis of this is PX's flip, so the result would be the same either way and he'd just go "welp I did defend him but a flip is a flip and BT is kinda scum now". I read the rest of Zak's posts and I can see where some of the cases on him today are coming from. I would not mind a lynch here, but, well, there's the thing how his lynch is inferior to my 'other candidate', in regards to how much we get from their flip.

6. Dormio
Re-read of interactions with PX from the first few pages, especially posts such as this that put PX in immediate suspicion at the very beginning of the game, enforce a Town!Dormio read. PX's place on the Dormio wagon (during D1, here) was fitting of a bus, but at the same time, he started his anti-Dormio campaign here, when the Dormio wagon was just starting and there was no guarantee for it to be a main thing. In actuality, his note that Dormio might be scummy only increases the chance of a Dormio wagon because it makes people look at Dormio more. And scum would not do this for their partner. I still stand by my reasons for suspecting Dormio up to this point, but, reading the full picture a second time, it is hard for me to continue believing my Scum!Dormio read, and I would not lynch him today.

7. Shadoweh
Scummy town vig.

8. Pesco
I remember linking this PX post before, but, here. He motions Shadoweh to 'go with her gut' and vig someone, and at that moment, Shadoweh's gut was "Pesco scum Pesco scum Pesco scum". In fact, Shadoweh was far from stable and people just assumed that she would go with the Pesco vig, and yet no one opposed it. Aside from HW, but that is irrelevant for he is town. Despite this, I can find near to no non-analysis giveaways for Pesco's allegiance, and so I'll be relying on this analysis for my read... and, yeah, he's been awfully pro-town all game. :L

9. Conq
Meh. Re-reading isn't doing much for me because his early game is pretty null and everything else is still fresh in my mind. The lack of claimed PRs (looking at the playerlist, we have VigShadoweh, WatcherConq, three claimed vanillagers, me and Pesco) only serves to lessen the doubts I had about his claim. And, uh, yeah, nothing new.

12. BT
Yup.

So, I noted how I've ruled out a Affinity-Zak scumteam only earlier today, but, after re-reads, I can directly compare Affinity's vote on Zak to his D2, with PX=Zak and Dormio=Conq. Zak was a prod vote, Conq was his main lynch candidate for the day. It makes sense as a scum-push for a Zak vote just as much as it does for simple distancing, so I refute my ruling out of this scenario.

##Vote Affinity (L-1)

Like I mentioned earlier, this flip is better than Zak's. This is because of more connections to people, obviously. I feel like I had a whole lot more to say and this post turned out pretty sloppy, but it's kind of close to deadline and I don't have that much time to stay online to begin with.

Cut: Shadoweh of course I'm here, these things take time and I already feel fuzzy from how I've had to ~reversal~ in contrast to my play the entire game so far. At least I'm pretty whole with my decision now.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1066 on: January 25, 2012, 10:19:17 PM »
Yes, but your vote isn't on Zak who in contrast to yesterday doesn't care that I'm trying to murder him. Also Affinity is now <3's. So vote Zak please so Pesco can hammer him. That would make my day.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1067 on: January 25, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »
I can parse the request but not the reason behind it.

Why Zak over Affinity?

Shadoweh

« Reply #1068 on: January 25, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
The post that you linked about Affinity is him telling you that PX's case on huh what, his most likely counter-wagon, is bad. If Affinity were scum and he was on his partner, he wouldn't do this. I am remembering as Chitose he was kind of like 'oh that Kyon case is really good and here are some pointers for it! But I am totally on Mai yeah.' I didn't get the impression that he wanted someone else lynched.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1069 on: January 25, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
He didn't give the impression of "I want someone lynched over PX", but the impression of "I want someone lynched, as well as PX". And why would ScumPartnerAffinity not do that? He was already accepting SimpleGoonPX's possible death by simply bussing him, why is a possibility of discouraging one of the counterwagons (and, imo, the weakest of the bunch) so unlikely?

Shadoweh

« Reply #1070 on: January 25, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
Also calling me unstable is mean. I'm perfectly stable now that the hangover has settled in.
I hate better lynches for connections. Affinity wasn't being interacted with by anyone very much other then today, so I don't see how there are more connections to him from people. It seems like a silly reason to favor a vote on him.

Because he was only favoring the weakest of the counterwagons when we know the other counterwagons were town as well. (You do know you're town right? O_O ) He was outright disagreeing with people who wanted to vote either you or huh what.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1071 on: January 25, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
Yes, he was. What's your point?

He had his vote on PX all day, and refused to vote for the other wagons. When PX's lynch was no longer the most likely to happen, he switches to... Conq. One would understand that this was his pick out of the wagons, mainly because he disagreed with the rest. What, then, happened to the PX vote? PX's wagon had a higher chance of happening than Conq's. If he indeed voted Conq due to him being his best choice out of the existing wagons, it proves that his PX vote held no importance for him from the beginning.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1072 on: January 25, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »
Let me put it another way, someone who had no attention before I pointed at him and who has had a really good track record was at L-1 within a few posts. Zak's vote on Affinity was already washing responsibility for it by blaming it on Serela. Zak's posting style is always adorable to me, but..

On PX's vote on Dan: It was ED1, there was already a three vote wagon on huh what, and PX picked a new target quickly. Every other person who jumped on Dan was town (trust me). Dan's only response was 'I don't remember why PX is voting me'. PX pretty much ignores him afterwards saying his post didn't do anything for him. Dan in turn ignores him when he replaces out, deciding Serela/Shadoweh ftw.

PS PX's choices to vig were troll. "Shoot Dormio, Serela, or shoot yourself. I'm helping!"

Shadoweh

« Reply #1073 on: January 25, 2012, 10:49:05 PM »
PX's wagon had a higher chance of happening than Conq's. I
What, no it didn't. This was the point where people were flying off the PX wagon and looking for other options. There was decidedly not going to be a PX lynch by the time Affinity voted Conqueror.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1074 on: January 25, 2012, 10:52:39 PM »
Bleh, the whole "votes stacked on him quickly" is a nice point. Also, I kind of forgot about this and I do not know how to parse this right now.

And, looking at the votecount, it IS going to be harder getting majority on Affinity and I do quite want a flip today!

##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri
(L-1)

Leaving soon. If anything is to happen before I leave, it should happen right now.

Cut:
I'm not so sure about that. I don't recall a general acceptance that a PX lynch wasn't happening: people were piling up on Rawr just for  "welp we DO want a lynch" reasons, and they could have done the same with PX.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1075 on: January 25, 2012, 10:53:53 PM »
Fixing post:

"Also, I kind of forgot about this"...

Shadoweh

« Reply #1076 on: January 25, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »
If you can prove me wrong with actual post links that would be cool. You weren't there when it happened so an outsider perspective would be good. (Or scum perspective cause you might be scum, yeh)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1077 on: January 25, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
Going to sleep. Switching to Zak. I hate you people for dragging the deadlines.

##Unvote
##Vote Zak

Cut: Hammer then.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1078 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:55 PM »
Tomorrow there bettah be a massclaim by the way. I think there's only three people left to claim Vanilla Town. Don't you dare lynch Conq if no one claims another power role. If there is one then have fun with the balance issues!

And Dormio needs to post something other then he hates everything cause he said that alot as scum too. Productivity Dormio, or you'll go flying out the door!

Shadoweh

« Reply #1079 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:45 PM »
If Zak is scum his partner is.. probably not BT. Probably let's say.. I really don't know.
If he's town then there's a bunch of problems. Pesco has done about as much as Dormio today on that front. Everyone (except Conq!) needs to be a suspect again. I.. don't know who I would vote. But I bet I would speed-vote when the day started! ^_^b