Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 121509 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 1-
« Reply #210 on: January 11, 2012, 09:00:29 PM »
Speaking of shitflinging.

You said
Did you want him to redeem himself in some way then? Because you'd only give that chance to people you're prodding. Not so if you honestly wanted them lynched for being scum. Your scumlynching intent is spineless. And I don't think you should do natural childbirth because you clearly don't push.
Of course I want him to redeem himself. Fight and live, lose and die. Your accusations my way are more like insults made to bait me into losing my cool and raging at you until I burnout and this day ends with my lynch.

The bolded part is so wrong that it reads as 'Imma fling whatever sticks and roll with that'. Like how you try and paint Rawr scummy in the same post. He's made a vote and explained why he voted that way. He isn't doing something strange that warrants being pushed, so where would he be flailing outside of 'everyone-looks-like-scum, dunno-who-to-vote'?
I'm not trying to paint Rawr as scummy. I'm saying Rawr is being extremely scummy. One implies I am being subtle about this, while the other is me telling you frankly, because he is. The question of whether it makes him scum or not is difficult to answer. He IS doing strange things that regularily would earn him a stare from all directions instead of a pat on the head. I suspect you approve because you think know he'll listen to you.

Pre-supposition that someone is scum and voting them with the hope that it sticks. Then ignoring the better part of all the discussion that the game has garnered. I pointed it out earlier when I quoted her vote that she shows no interest in catching scum and lynching them. She just wants a lynch, any lynch will do. That's not good enough for me, I want a scum lynch.
"Pre-supposition" I.E. "I have a suspicion" and "With the hope that is sticks" I.E. "I want to see if that suspicion is true." This is like saying you're voting me for playing mafia. You assumptions about how any lynch will do don't explain why the lynch you wanted in the first place is the one I fought against happening. I've made pretty clear exactly who I won't lynch. None of the people I've voted for are on that list (sadly they're too busy voting for me because of your insulting bullshit case.)

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
Shadoweh, you seem firm on Pesco = Not Town = Scum. Care to elaborate on why? And why your vote is on Serela?
Because VOTE PESCOOOOOOO his intent feels wrong to me. If you're asking why I'm not voting for him, it's because I don't think he'll be lynched today. If I believe he is possibly scum, trying to lynch me for voting Serela makes Serela suspicious, on top of the suspicion I held in the first place. It's my rule not to change my vote until the person I'm voting gives me a reason to. Serela hasn't had a chance to post yet.

Besides, Dan looks like he's going to get vigged without a claim anyways.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
Honestly i dont like you

You leave your vote on me at the start as an excuse to get all of us posting. Then still decide to not post any form of scum hunting or any cases and then use the actiondan bandwagon. You switch over to the imaginary serala wagon once people get on how your vote was quick, even though you were so ready to lynch actiondan. Then you decide to bring up affinity looking scummy and how you could easily get me lynched. If that doesnt sound desperate idk what is then.

##Unvote
##Vote: Shadoweh
This is the kind of scummy I'm talking about. Rawr, you don't vote for who you 'don't like', you can disagree with someone and they'll still be town . That's a scum reason to vote someone emotionally instead of based on suspicion. This post isn't based on what I've been saying, it can't be, since the Affinity thing was in my first post way in the back and you listed it last. Dormio brought it up later though, where it fits into your timeline. Your reasonings are all things that other people brought up against me, in the order they did it. Meaning you're not actually reading my posts, but trying to lynch me based on everyone else's. Read ME, not THEM.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2012, 09:13:32 PM »
I think it's quite straightforward. You're voting someone and expecting them to produce instead of voting them because they did scummy things and should get lynched for it. Your vote only has a prod intent, not a scum-lynching intent. This all is scummy because you aren't finding scum. It's active lurking.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2012, 09:14:22 PM »
Voting:
Huh What (1): Bardiche
Serela (3): ActionDan, Huh What, Shadoweh
ActionDan (2): Serela, Trickysticks 
Dormio (1): Affinity
Shadoweh (4): Pesco, Conq, Dormio, nurse rawr (L-3)

Not Voting: BT, PX

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Shadoweh is at L-3

Deadline for day 1 is ~29 hours. (watch timer here)
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2012, 09:19:45 PM »
You have an interesting definition of scum-hunting. Insert whatever word you like for interesting. I use my vote to search. If you vote with no intent to listen to the person you're voting for then I have nothing left to say to you.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2012, 09:24:02 PM »
Zakeri replaces ActionDan as of now.

As you were.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »
The wincon tells me remove all threats to town. And town does it by voting. Voting scum to lynch them is scumhunting. Pressing suspicious people with questions to make them talk is scumhunting. Bringing out analysis that people can interpret is scumhunting. You haven't done those things, therefore you are not scumhunting, people who don't scumhunt are scum.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
Wut da fuq is going on.

Oh and HI ZAKERI :D You're always cute. And someone to help rope this mess up.

I have things I'm typing up but due to my notoriously bad short term memory anything particular anyone wants to ask me might want to get asked/repeated while I'm doing that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2012, 09:31:35 PM »
Obvious Scum is Scum
##Unvote: Serela
##Vote: Action Dan

Be back in an hour or two.

Shadoweh

« Reply #220 on: January 11, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »
Hi Serela! Can you tell me who your scum partners are? who you think the scum team is?

Looking back at what I dislike about you, I want more. Your 'Gee you don't look like town' sounded fake. I want to see opinions that aren't just the person voting for you.

...Zak why are you doing this ;_;

« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Huh What, are you more convinced of Shadoweh scum or Serela scum?
The one I'm voting. I'm still waiting to hear something from him that isn't recycled.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2012, 09:59:21 PM »
Dan. Okay so he asked stuff and said things but the reason he was bad (Other then the horribly obvious like "I think huhwhat is bad! ##Vote Serela" and etc) is because none of that stuff WENT ANYWHERE. He drew absolutely no conclusions on who was scum. The closest he came to this was "mixed feelings" on Shadoweh, in a way that did not really say he thought her to actually be scum.

The fact that he's replacing out because he kept being restricted from trying to play mafia or whatever makes his slot redeemable because if he wasn't-able/didn't-try to properly play mafia then it's not too surprising if his posts were bad. Example:Zakeri last game (No offense D:)

But his slot is still really bad. We'll see how Zak does in it, though.
##Unvote

I want to see opinions that aren't just the person voting for you.
Oh hey it's a showerdeh thing! K. It wasn't really due to him voting me (I mean he didn't even PRETEND to have an actual case on me or think I was actually scummy) it's just that he was still doing what was essentially a jokevote after so far into the game, in addition to stuff I said earlier.

In other news I feel like I should be trying harder to get a read on Shadoweh but my "By the end of D2 I should have her down right!" senses are tingling. This isn't a good reason to stop her from being a lynch D1 though so I guess I'll do that at some point (Maybe even this post! We'll see)

...although, simply rereading stuff that happened after yesterday is making me frown a little. My "THIS IS SCUM BUT I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY" senses aren't tingling or anything but I wouldn't try and hold up a Shadoweh lynch today.

Serious response: I don't think he's actually "fluffing content" here. If you want to get meta, then town!Serela does go out of his way to find original points when possible, from my experience.
I need to, to make up for the fact that most of my content is just me voicing opinions without giving reasoning, babbling blather, or just crunching numbers :V

Okay after hitting Dormio's 193 I'm going back and rereading Dormio before continuing my reread of recent developments. The result is null maybe somewhat good eh lets see what happens later.

My read on Conq is about the same as my read on Shadoweh, except more of a sense of I want to let it simmer and see what I think about him on D2.

I forgot Bard exists. Hoping for a post from him soon!

People not voting anyone (BT and PX) need to fix this issue.

But what am I doing again? I think I need to like, summarize my thoughts or something. Who do I think is scum again? Uhh... other then that slot that got replaced and is pending input due to new player and the other stuff I said at the beginning of this post.  I think I'm starting to get into that D1 spot I'm usually in where it's like "Geez I can't reach any conclusions here", because :D1: and etc.

I think I'm going to reread Shadoweh and Conq again.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2012, 10:01:28 PM »
Because VOTE PESCOOOOOOO his intent feels wrong to me. If you're asking why I'm not voting for him, it's because I don't think he'll be lynched today. If I believe he is possibly scum, trying to lynch me for voting Serela makes Serela suspicious, on top of the suspicion I held in the first place. It's my rule not to change my vote until the person I'm voting gives me a reason to. Serela hasn't had a chance to post yet.
This is interesting because you said the same thing about him in Vanilla II where he was pushing you for similiar reasons and both of you flipped town. If you're town, then what in particular makes you think this case is different? AFAIK you're one of the more meta players so I'm not sure why you'd discount this.

Cut by Serela posting something with a fucked up words/content ratio.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
Cut by Serela posting something with a fucked up words/content ratio.
This is really true. In D1 usually I come up with even less content then my normal rock-bottom amounts and after the easiness of Dan went away I got stuck with that again. Maybe I'll magically see a case on Conq or Shadoweh while I reread them and the Shadoweh wagon, but :C

« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
So its bad to use other peoples logic? Even if it does make sense?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2012, 10:15:19 PM »
This is really true. In D1 usually I come up with even less content then my normal rock-bottom amounts and after the easiness of Dan went away I got stuck with that again. Maybe I'll magically see a case on Conq or Shadoweh while I reread them and the Shadoweh wagon, but :C

##Vote: Serela

Serela being useless :V

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
Post 224 also looks like a lack of incentive to find scum

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »
3) Dormio, why is Shadoweh suddenly scummier than the Conq case you have been pushing for so long?  How are things like 'huhwhat being town' indicative of Shadoweh being scum?
I still don't particularly like Conq for ignoring me, however, nobody shares these sentiments with me. On top of that, it's getting somewhat close to the end of the day, which means that we should consolidate on a lynch. And I would prefer Shadoweh over the others.

Anyway, another post soonish because stuff to do etc. etc.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
This also applies to you Serela :\
...oh shit it does?

I completely forgot I unvoted without voting anyone.

...but my reread makes me think Conq is a Good Person.

But it also makes me think maybe Huhwhat isn't so Shouldn't Lynch as I thought? Will have to rereview this later. But I'm still not voting urggg. Shadoweh's lynch I'm currently okay with but I don't actually have a reason to vote her beyond "I don't really find anyone ELSE bad at the moment, even if I'm not thinking her to be super scum 5000", unless I think more about HW and change my mind again but.

Shadoweh

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2012, 11:43:05 PM »
So its bad to use other peoples logic? Even if it does make sense?
No, it's bad to use other people's logic to fabricate a series of events that never happened. What you are voting me for never actually happened.

HW: I've been trying to put my finger on that. It helps that I didn't like his case on you either.  It comes down to pushing people for being people instead of pushing them for being scum. There was also something extremely rolefishy in one of his posts to me that has no purpose but to draw out a power role response. If you acknowledge we were both town when we were acting like this last time though, I question why you phrase this in a way that sounds suspicious of me.

Dormio: Why?

This is the part where I should be pushing Serela harder for my own survival. Cautiously I'm deciding I am in fact still suspicious of you. Your suspicion on Dan is wrapped around his early vote on you because oh noes he didn't have an early case on you. It wasn't really that far into the game. I don't remember what stuff you said earlier, can you perhaps update them with thoughts on posts he's made after that?

There are three people not voting. Vote now so I can tell if I actually have a counter-wagon or if you people are just waiting to pile on at the end of the day.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #231 on: January 11, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
In unrelated news when Bardiche gets here I want to know how on earth he can manage attacking huhwhat for having a bad vote on me and having that as a justification for a vote and then, in the same exact post, attacking me because he doesn't know why I'm calling huhwhat's vote contrived. Do I really need to highlight something it looks like you can see for yourself ???

Of course. Are our reasons one-in-the-same, or do you have other cause to find his vote contrived? I wouldn't ask for that if I found it plainly obvious.

I glimpsed Affinity complaining I lived in the past or something, but I like sticking to someone until I feel satisfied they're no longer worth my undivided attention. Sadly, HW hadn't done so up until my last post, but he might've done so in the last few. Gimme time to read this nonsense game.

Shadoweh

« Reply #232 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:52 PM »
Just to remember where my own thoughts are:

Town: Affinity, Dormio, huh what, Bardiche
Nullish Town: PX, Conq
Would lynch: Serela, Rawr, Action Zakeri
Gonna vig without a claim: Pesco
Still can't remember who this guy is: Tricksy

« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
Then why is your vote still on serela?

Shadoweh

« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2012, 11:54:47 PM »
Because no one is interested in making my dreams come true but me.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2012, 11:58:31 PM »
I forgot Bard exists. Hoping for a post from him soon!
...oh nevermind he's been posting. Uhm.

Shadoweh:All his posts are p.useless basically, except maybe the one where he replaces out but uhm he was replacing out too soooo. Are you insinuating that any of his posts DO involve him seeming to have gotten anywhere? I don't remember that being a thing that happened. Well, to put it in a less Serela-you-don't-remember-anything problematic way, I remember it being a thing that DIDN'T happen.

The point isn't he voted me. The point is he pointed suspicion at someone and then voted someone else for because SURE! And then continued not having any real people he was pursuing as being scum. (Like I am right now, but that's less relevant, maybe D:)

Bardiche

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
Alright, reading and responding as I read.

Affinity, I did not consider Dormio worthy of attention at the time I posted. I reread him since you find him important enough, clearly, and I find myself annoyed with his repeated promises of posting more about HW, and ultimately deciding he likes HW with a single post. I don't get why he's voting Shadoweh.

Dan I found to be useless, and I preferred to talk about the scummy rather than the useless.

Bardiche: Would you prefer I spend hours on a post and not tell you how I feel?

I'd rather not hear how you feel, it'd break my heart. I also want you to stay on point, which you generally do well. It was moreso aimed at the ones posting a wall of neutral reads, which assists us nothing in scum hunting much.

Bardiche, what do you think of huhwhat in light of his new vote on ActionDan?

Well, Conq, I don't-- Oh, right, there it is. Sorry, I actually inattentively missed that during the back-and-forth and rapid-fire posts. His vote on ActionDan seems sound enough. I do wonder about some parts of his posts, but I can construe those in town/scum light alike, so it'd be weird to press him for that. Consider my eyes opened, he is not so scummy as he dropped his entire case on you and recognised how silly it was; and the way it all happened, it doesn't seem like the kind of revelation that came from scumchat.

Shadoweh I feel tempted to vote you. Alright, so I can take the votepark with the idea that, indeed, it's not entirely crazy you look at MOTK Town and you see either Town or Derps. I see Scum or Derps, but this ain't about me. Anyway, while I was initially fine taking that stance, I don't like the business about how "cases are for the transient", and "let's confuse HW by sheeping to him": this doesn't sound like scumhunting, this sounds like playing around in a fantasy land. Openly admitting you didn't read the game overmuch but still voted just for the heck of it shows further lack of care! I don't put credit in Pesco VS Shadoweh because those two have a long-standing history as far as I care, but I would care Shadoweh if you could answer me this: oh you posted a convenient list how convenient: why do you consider Rawr, Serela and Pesco to be most scummy? I don't need "a case", but if you can somehow show me how you reach the idea they are scum, I'd like to see it produced.

When I read Dormio I see textbook opportunism: there's a wagon on Shadoweh, now I can get on her, don't worry my vote is legit, since I said ages ago I didn't dislike her any less. I also don't entirely get his case on Shadoweh, as some of the quotations in his vote post seem to just be picked out without his opinion shared on them or made explicit, with the exception of the comment re: rawr. "Interesting" does not equal "Scummy": we're not lynching people we're interested in. We date those. The scummy ones we lynch.

Reading the last posts and I literally sighed at Serela's posts. You... seriously spent all that time just to unvote? Of course, I'm more upset with PX's opportunism in jumping on Serela, decrying "Serela is useless" and quoting the part about people without a vote down needing to fix it. As far as I care, PX, you haven't fixed your voteless stage: why is Serela scum? Being useless is not intrinsically connected to being scum, why is Serela's particularly exasperating brand of useless scummy?

##VOTE: PX

Bardiche

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2012, 12:21:36 AM »
Also, I realise while I vote PX, I dislike Dormio more.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

I want PX to answer my question, and I want Dormio to be held accountable for the hop on Shadoweh for a nonsense reason as "I was suspicious of her all along!". Being suspicious of someone and yet not making a case on them or voting them means you are not pursuing your highest scum read or you are opportunistically switching to a 'lesser' read instead of arguing your highest. I consider both sentiments to be scummy; if there's a third possibility, I'd love to hear it.

Bardiche

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2012, 12:23:20 AM »
EBWOP: Of course, it could mean Shadoweh is not his highest scum read, but the entire "I was suspicious all along, :bandwagons:" seems to imply his suspicion from back then was strong enough to support a lynch on her now. I retract the suggestion that she was his highest scum read, but still want him to account why he did not put in the effort against Shadoweh so much back then if he really feels she's so scummy he can jump on her with what I find to be squalid reasons.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »
Voting:
Serela (3): Huh What, Shadoweh, PX
Zakeri (2): Trickysticks, Zakeri
Dormio (2): Affinity, Bardiche
Shadoweh (4): Pesco, Conq, Dormio, nurse rawr (L-3)

Not Voting: BT, Serela

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Shadoweh is at L-3

Deadline for day 1 is ~27 hours. (watch timer here)