Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240432 times)

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
  • Ability: Harnessing the power of the BSOD
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2010, 03:35:24 PM »
Question:

How do I start the Flandre sidequest on floor 11?

An on a side note:

Where on earth do I go to change my display picture?
On your mark, aim, action!!!

Bananamatic

« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
How exactly am I supposed to handle F18? The retarded bunnies destroy anyone with Arrow Rain, everything has way too much HP, speed, or defence.

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
How exactly am I supposed to handle F18? The retarded bunnies destroy anyone with Arrow Rain, everything has way too much HP, speed, or defence.

Yeah, it usually has this large a jump in difficulty. Like how it is from easy to normal.

Some suggestions are people like Ran, who can nuke fast, then follow up with a couple more multi-target attacks.

Try taking the bunnies out before they get to Arrow Rain.

Take down the enemies specifically: things with high speed generally do not have high health/defense/mind, so counter with a tank.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2010, 04:44:22 PM »
Spoiler tags on everyone you recruit after Yuugi kthnx. Like so
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]Tewi[/spoiler]

Bananamatic

« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2010, 04:50:46 PM »
The problem is that I can't outspeed the bunnies with most characters, those who can don't have enough power to take them out and the skill points per fight seem really low.
I can't take more than 1-2 fights before I'm out of characters.

EDIT: They have over 50k HP...most fast chars do 15-20k at most.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:57:30 PM by Bananamatic »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2010, 04:59:59 PM »
This is the point where Kimontonkou with Chen in random battles becomes pretty much required when you use her. Thankfully her rape speed and high SP recovery means she regains it very quickly. But yeah, Kimontonkou>Idaten Spam, using a stronger Phoenix w/e it was to finish off if needed... it can really take out some mean stuff fast. You'll be having a lot of trouble with 18F randoms.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bananamatic

« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
Chen gets in one Phoenix before the bunnies attack.

Arrow Rain, Chen gets 1 shot.

And what the fuck is up with the Etherlites with ridiculous HP AND attack.
It would be cool if the game let me win a fight instead of barely escaping every single time.
The big guys are easy. The specters are way too easy.

The bunnies are way too fast, way too durable and overpowered, the Ethelites are just retarded, Nigguraths are too fast, have too much HP and Destroy Magic means an escape.

Is high 60s-mid 70s way too low for this floor? Do I have to waste several more days on the lower floors before I stand a chance?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
Chen gets in one Phoenix before the bunnies attack.

Arrow Rain, Chen gets 1 shot.

And what the fuck is up with the Etherlites with ridiculous HP AND attack.
It would be cool if the game let me win a fight instead of barely escaping every single time.
The big guys are easy. The specters are way too easy.

The bunnies are way too fast, way too durable and overpowered, the Ethelites are just retarded, Nigguraths are too fast, have too much HP and Destroy Magic means an escape.

Is high 60s-mid 70s way too low for this floor? Do I have to waste several more days on the lower floors before I stand a chance?
Truthfully, I found 18F too random to do any grinding on.  Those bunnies being one of the big reasons.  Fast as heck, Arrow Rain pretty much wiping most anyone with a decently powerful party attack (Or Sniping them, that happens too), that sorta stuff.

Also...the Skill Point gain on this level seems bad compared to previous floors.

I think there were one, MAYBE two enemies that I could handle safely on 18F when I touched the floor for the first time.  Ended up running from everything as I mapped the floor out, then retreated to 17F to grind for the 18F boss.

Levels...I want to say that's where I was hovering around when I first touched down on 18F.  Ended up hitting...mid-upper 90s to very low 100s for the boss via 17F spammage.

The good news is once you get past 18F, getting XPs/Skill Points becomes much much easier.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
Ah yes, I remember now. Someone said grind for 18F on 17F. The returns were much better and the game basically trolled you by giving you no obstacles on 17F so that you would skip it.

Bananamatic

« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2010, 08:41:10 PM »
What are the red fairies supposed to do - it used God Press and did 20-30k to everyone

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »
I found something rather interesting again while hacking numbers. The 3 addresses after a character's BP are their equipment slots. The value you set there will show them as having a corresponding item. This forced equipping won't give them the bonuses of the item, but you can use it to create the item. Unequipping will deduct the item's effect from your character's stats. Play it safe and just hack the item into your inventory rather.

Bananamatic

« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2010, 10:11:32 PM »
Got the 15F optional.
One shotting has never felt better. And running out of SP in one attack has never felt worse :V

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
I found something rather interesting again while hacking numbers. The 3 addresses after a character's BP are their equipment slots. The value you set there will show them as having a corresponding item. This forced equipping won't give them the bonuses of the item, but you can use it to create the item. Unequipping will deduct the item's effect from your character's stats. Play it safe and just hack the item into your inventory rather.

Alternatively, giving them an item and then hacking the slot to empty would allow you to permanently increase their stats by that much, no?

...though that does make me wonder just what would happen if you reduced someone's SP recovery to negative. :ohdear:

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2010, 12:09:12 PM »
What are the red fairies supposed to do - it used God Press and did 20-30k to everyone
Basically, if they get a turn and there are still enemies on the field, it can use a buff that boosts all enemies MND and DEF I believe, but more importantly, it fills up their bar instantly so they can do an attack.  Can be very deadly when used alongside some of the enemies on that floor.

If they're alone...well, you've seen what they can do the hard way.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #344 on: June 21, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
On 18F, the only option you should be picking is "Escape" while using a map to get to the end ASAP. The floor is BS to the extreme.

Please note the reccomended level for the 18F boss is something around 85+(low end levels) or so.

Bananamatic

« Reply #345 on: June 21, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
No problem now with 15F. 1 shots almost anything except for the slow guys.

And how to set the encounter rate in cheat engine?

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #346 on: June 21, 2010, 08:07:21 PM »
On 17F, the only option you should be picking is "Escape" while using a map to get to the end ASAP. The floor is BS to the extreme.
Fixed that for you.

I still found 18F to be way less bullcrap than 17F.  Yes, there's a couple things you want to avoid (Gold Sorceresses and the Knights I still didn't even want to pick a fight with when I was strong enough to take down the boss), but a lot of the stuff on that floor is significantly vulneurable to something.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #347 on: June 21, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
Special disk has been out for 36 hours now, why hasn't it teleported into my hands yet. arrrgh.

Bananamatic

« Reply #348 on: June 21, 2010, 08:17:34 PM »
Anyone got a 2.06 address for encounter rate?

EDIT: Found it myself: 00121AC0
Now turn off the battle animations and  :getdown:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:29:06 PM by Bananamatic »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #349 on: June 21, 2010, 10:16:24 PM »
Fixed that for you.

I still found 18F to be way less bullcrap than 17F.  Yes, there's a couple things you want to avoid (Gold Sorceresses and the Knights I still didn't even want to pick a fight with when I was strong enough to take down the boss), but a lot of the stuff on that floor is significantly vulneurable to something.

I think I meant 18F. Didn't it have some weird tentacle beast-thingie that was WTF hard to hurt with SPI and MYS attacks, and had Destroy Magic?
Spoiler:
The floor with the tons of 1-way paths, wasn't that 18F? If so, I meant 18F, stupid enemies and a stupid floor design, I think 17F was just annoying enemies.

« Reply #350 on: June 22, 2010, 02:17:43 AM »
I think I meant 18F. Didn't it have some weird tentacle beast-thingie that was WTF hard to hurt with SPI and MYS attacks, and had Destroy Magic?
Spoiler:
The floor with the tons of 1-way paths, wasn't that 18F? If so, I meant 18F, stupid enemies and a stupid floor design, I think 17F was just annoying enemies.
Yeah, you're right.

Kind of odd that the wiki says 18F's good for grinding because the exp's apparently way higher compared to 17F. :V

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #351 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:47 AM »
> I think it's true, but then the problem of the trash being more annoying(for me) kicks in. Once I can handle the trash, it is definately good for exp, but until then, I would reccomend 16F or 17F, mainly cause i forget if 17Fs trash was BS or not.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #352 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:55 AM »
17F had the enemy who could buff its allies and restore their activate gauges instantly.
Also it was the giant teleporter maze (Read as: Even more annoying than F18's floor layout).

Soyeah.

And yes, F18 has the Shub-Niggurath and their Destroy Magic, which is a bit of a pain; but they're somewhat vulneurable to PAR and once you get a few levelups you can
Spoiler:
Levaeteinn
them instantly.  The same move also takes care of the archers and the wisp enemies.  The blue gigas enemies are actually great for recovering SP because you can keep them in PAR and SPD Down lock (they have 0 resistance), and the black ones are a bit more of a pain but are far easier to actually kill (You just won't be able to lock them from moving, although I believe SPD debuffs still worked)

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
« Reply #353 on: June 22, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Question:

In the fight against Eientei, who do you take out first?

Bananamatic

« Reply #354 on: June 22, 2010, 04:32:34 PM »
spoilers :V

I just went in with Royal Flare. And destroyed them all :V

Also, F18 beaten.
Spoiler:
Most of the forms were practically served to the characters on the field or destroyed by Patchouli and the final one got off 2 turns.
Suwako dying slowed it down a lot(she does 130k a shot when buffed) and even though I lost Yukari, I pulled through without any huge problems. lol donut
Reimu lv100, everyone else 84-97

The Patchy/Sanae combo is awesome if you keep them alive :V

« Reply #355 on: June 22, 2010, 06:02:08 PM »
Anyone got a 2.06 address for encounter rate?

EDIT: Found it myself: 00121AC0
Now turn off the battle animations and  :getdown:
I'm eternally grateful  :V
I've searched for it for around an hour which didn't give anything, just because my Scan range is default.

Anyway, for healing, which one is the best?
Spoiler:
Sanae
or
Spoiler:
Minoriko
?
And, how is an optimal team composed?
x healer, y attacker, z supporter or such?

« Reply #356 on: June 22, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »
Question:

In the fight against Eientei, who do you take out first?
I've heard equal support for all three for various reasons, but like Banana said nuking them all at once works fine. :V  Specifically, you want
Spoiler:
Kaguya and Eirin
to go down around the same time, because they'll easily wipe the party with the OMFGDANGER spells they get when the other dies.  The third you can take down whenever; I personally just spammed PAR and debuffs on her and saved her for last.

I'm eternally grateful  :V
I've searched for it for around an hour which didn't give anything, just because my Scan range is default.

Anyway, for healing, which one is the best?
Spoiler:
Sanae
or
Spoiler:
Minoriko
?
And, how is an optimal team composed?
x healer, y attacker, z supporter or such?
Minoriko's got better heals that delay her less, but her affinities are terrible and she gets floored by melee. 
Spoiler:
Sanae
is more durable, can remove ailments, has an amazing buff, and can actually fight.  That all comes at the cost of her being considerably slower, having a slightly weaker heal, and burning through more SP.

In general, my lineup usually looks something like tank-support-healer/nuker-nuker.  Some people like putting "secondary tanks" in the second slot too.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:05:46 PM by Esoterica »

« Reply #357 on: June 22, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »
Minoriko's got better heals that delay her less, but her affinities are terrible and she gets floored by melee. 
Spoiler:
Sanae
is more durable, can remove ailments, has an amazing buff, and can actually fight.  That all comes at the cost of her being considerably slower, having a slightly weaker heal, and burning through more SP.
Won't Minoriko's MND ignoring skills will do better on a boss fight? Never tried this, tough.

In general, my lineup usually looks something like tank-support-healer/nuker-nuker.  Some people like putting "secondary tanks" in the second slot too.

Sorry to make myself unclear, what I meant is, how should we pick the 12 characters?

« Reply #358 on: June 22, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »
Won't Minoriko's MND ignoring skills will do better on a boss fight? Never tried this, tough.

Sorry to make myself unclear, what I meant is, how should we pick the 12 characters?
Her damage output is really pitiful.  If you want MND-ignoring spells, there are better choices, such as
Spoiler:
Kaguya

...that's even less clear to me. :V  If you're asking what I think you are, I just make every one of the three rows out of the same lineup style as I described, minus one tank.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #359 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
You'd think that, but her MAG is so low and the formula is so bad that... well, yeah, even if you're doing consistent damage, it's consistently low damage.

That's up to you.  Really, it all depends on picking characters who will be useful for whatever you plan on doing - and yes, the farther you get in the game, the more your standard levelling team will usually be different from your boss team - and your boss team will probably change somewhat for each boss you face if you really want to take them on underlevelled.  Heck even your levelling/exploring team should be changing a bit based on the floor you're exploring.