Author Topic: Did your fave Touhou character change over time?  (Read 19891 times)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Re: Did your fave Touhou character change over time?
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2010, 02:49:12 PM »
First has always been, and probably will always be Yuyuko.  Hell, I liked her before I had even heard of the series proper.  How that happened is a story for another time, but suffice it to say it involved a certain person on a certain NI board.  Once I actually started playing the games and learned her backstory, well, that just pushed me over the edge.  I still d'awwww at Yukari interactions, and let's not even get started about the music, k?  Suffice to say, <@(?;-D~~~~ = <3.
However, currently second is someone I disliked for a while due to all the bullcrap around her.  This would be Marisa.  Once I actually looked past all the bloody Reimari/Arimari/Marichu shipping, what I found was a character I surprisingly liked.  Here you have a Gensokyan with no superpowers, and through her determination and devotion to the art of nuking things with magic (and, of course, grabbing everyone's stuff) she manages to be one of the biggest badasses in the land.  Yet while that caught my eye with its awesome, what held my attention was her personality.  The everyday Marisa in the canon supplementals and such is just so...well, Marisa.  Of course, my exposure to her actual character may have been delayed due to using Rei-B in every game without playable Yuyuko, so I suppose it's partially due to my playstyle.
Another character I disliked but now makes my top ten is Youmu.  Of course some of the dislike before may have been kind of a personal grudge against her, but to be honest, she's absolutely perfect for the role she has.  I used to think of her as just "that 11yo-looking one who works for Hakugyokurou," but ever since seeing certain depictions, I now consider her the true YN of the series.  While some don't like that kind, I think it's damn cute, and especially fitting for Yuyu-sama's best servant.  And, of course, epic wrath is epic.  Now, if only she didn't pull a Cirno so often...
As for characters that I once thought were all that and have fallen out of favor, I can't really think of that many.  Possibly the Komeiji sisters or Rikako, but for them it's more of a case of others surpassing them than it is of them losing their spark.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2010, 03:54:40 PM »
Reimu, then Marisa (she's funnier), then Kanako, then Nitori, then Yuyuko, then Parsee, then Utusho, then Nazrin, then Kogasa, then Nue, then Kogasa again, then Reisen, then Eirin, then Nazrin again, then Nue again, then Kogasa again, then Murasa.

It stayed Murasa for a few weeks.

Then Suwako, Patchouli (It's a vitrolic thing), Remilia, Sakuya, Aya, Flandre, then Murasa.

Murasa still.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:03 PM »
EDIT: Realized I misinterpreted the topic. Heh.

Yeah i misinterpreted the topic too before i started reading it haha

Well for me it was Reisen -> Mokou -> Remilia -> Suwako -> Remilia (and Flandre to a slightly lesser extent)

When I first got  into Touhou I played IaMP as my first touhou game eva.
I played Reimu and after getting somewhat okay at its gameplay system I got to Remilia. She kicked my ass. Each and every time. I developed that hatred for character bosses that kick your ass even i fyou don't hate the character itself.
Then I played game 6 and lo-and-behold that very same dam vampire was the actual final boss. At first i ws thinking "No wonder she kicked my ass in the fighter she's the final boss"
Remilia kicked my ass even harder in game 6.
Then I played game 8
I managed to get to Reisen and thought that her song was pure epic and it was my first fave touhou song. Her spells however ROYALLY fucked me over! I thought Remilia was just hard! I thought Reisen was near impossible! The bullets shifted in her spells and it became THE hardest thing I ever done. I liked Reisen though since her apperance was that of a bunnygirl in a bussiness suit and skirt. I thought it was funny. Plus those eyes that appear when she does her spells and shifted them I thought was just amazing Even though I found her near impossible to beat! I loved that bunny~

EXTRA was already unlocked so I somehow, after many many tries, finally get to Mokou. I thought she was just badass with her hands in her pockets all the time. She has that "Don't mess with me" attitude. Her song was mellow and calm but strong at the same time, she's immortal and a phoenix. Mokou was tied as my fave with Reisen. I couldn't pick one over the other.

I picked up IaMP again. This time as everyone, I concluded that Remilia was my best char in the game next to Sakuya. Ironic since she kicks my ass 2 ways in both EoSD and IaMP...dam vamp. Then I played her in IN and found her to be my best too with Reimu second.
She didn't beat Mokou or Reisen really until SWR came out. I didn't really like IaMP too much cause it was rather hard to get used to but SWR felt more normal to my idea of controls and gameplay so my strongest char became stronger there. Actually my best at first in SWR was Reimu and Sakuya but they weren't really favorites.

Then the Waifu threads happened and I had to pick Suwako. Shenanigens and roleplay happened and I had a change of heart on Suwako and started to like her as my fave char on par with Remilia. The guy who claimed Remilia gave her up for Medicine and I jumped on Remilia and well....either you know what happened or you don't *coughGpopcough*  ::)

Remilia ended up my fave in the long run and even now. Moreso because of how she plays in the games rather than personality. Granted I do take personality into account. Sure she's selfish, bratty and egotistical but meh a lot of touhou chars are selfish too. Tenshi is exactly like Remilia but lacks Charisma from what her profile says from ZUN's comment on her. I lol.

Underneath Remilia now is:
Flandre, Nue, Komeiji sisters, Minoriko, Yuyuko, Suwako.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2010, 04:04:18 AM »
This will be a typical response, I suppose... I'm not very effective in short responses, and I take sooo long to finish a detailed one, but I do prefer the latter to make things clear in one post.......................................... *snap* Eh, Anyway!

*In some parts, I have felt that I am only citing the obvious, but... I guess it goes without saying that, following every explanation I made to a character is a "which lead me to liking her more <3".

Yuyuko=Patchouli
Yuyuko: I think because she seems to have a tragic past and now living a carefree-ish life. The first YuyuMyon doujin by CHRONOLOG led me to biting to art cuteness >w<. She has Youmu beside her (to tease on)... and Yukari on the far side (a friend of her past self)... then all the frills in her yukata-like outfit... On the other hand, my YoungestSis likes Youmu the most, so makes YuyuMyon as our default Touhou pairing :3.
Patchouli: being anemic but can cast oh-so powerful spells while wearing long, loose, nighttime-like outfit... I just tend to like someone who has Knowledge as a last name... or in other words, who is simply knowledgeable in...stuff because of reading. Oddly, Patchy with glasses isn't as much favorably for me.
*This is when I was only reading doujin comics and seeing a few fan art... A little tiring about favs because though I do like them, and besides the feeling that I've written this a few times (or so I thought), I'm still in the process of finding the reason why I actually liked them >.<...
*snap* Anyway! Then there was the discovery of Touhou itself...

Reimu=Marisa
I simply can't skip these two heroines.
Reimu: .................................... because she's the heroine? Because of her trusty intuition? Perhaps, but... not quite... (couldn't determine, and it's not the homing Danmaku... no, definitely not that.)
Marisa: Witch fetish |D (not of the pervy stuff, but I just like witches in general), and seeing that she's a nice uke for Reimu, despite seme-ish traits. (or maybe they're both seme... *shakes head*)
*Fanart extends my liking to them (but not "them" only as a pairing, gee o_o;)
... Though when I saw the events & the battle after I defeated Yuyuko, she went top again for making me cry so emotionally ;_;... This is also the part that I accepted that Yuyuko and other charas that my twin friend who introduced me to Touhou liked were actually foes and final bosses in the game.

Rinnosuke=Renko=Luna Child (of the Three Mischievous Fairies) > Reimu > Marisa
 This is when I started reading CoLA and SaBND. ZUN's Touhou literature packs a punch of knowledge and food for thought, and it's where I get to know several more canon personalities and stuff, I say.
Rinnosuke: probably influenced by my YoungestSis. He brings a very Gensokyo-ish perspective to the outside-world stuff, and he's the only male able to encounter the rest of the cast in a daily-life setting. I wonder if pairing him to Patchy is a nice idea...
Renko: Astronomy & Physics, a live GPS who is tardy, short black hair, her plain fluffy-skirt black-white uniform, an outside-worlder (in Gensokyo's perspective, that is), Mary's uke... Sana influence added later on.
Luna Child: ... "Waaaah, cute fluffy fairies! >w< I wonder whom I'll like the most among the three." So genuinely, I thought I had to like one of them, which turns out to be Luna Child (I'd like calling her Lunako sometimes, referencing to the Famitsu name of Persona 3 Portable's heroine). I thought she's a nice sidetrack to my usual/apparent "knowledgeable person" liking when I read that Luna was "not the brightest among the three." Her usual gloomy-like face among the two who is usually seen smiling, her fluffy nightgown-ish outfit... Second, the Three Mischievous Fairies as a whole, they linger around the nature of Gensokyo, experiencing the incidents somehow indirectly, and dealing with it in their own little natural ways as fairies.
Reimu getting over my Reimu=Marisa equation: Reading the official novel & comic, this is where I got to know more about Reimu's selfish-y but <something to counter that selfish side of her...caring?>-y personality. Marisa's as well, but I gave way to Reimu, shamefully because she's the main heroine in Touhou (for me).

Then there were the various points during the past year that lead me to the following characters:
Moriya Shrine Family, Kanako>Sanae>Suwako: the thought having two Goddesses as her "parents", influenced by Moriya Shrine Family doujins especially [Personal Color] ones. Just seeing the trio together calms me. Yey Shrinemaiden Sanae for a blue counterpart of Shrinemaiden Reimu! xD "2nd Player Miko", like Letty-sama recorded, minus two words.
Aya: influenced by my YoungestSis. That single "-desu" suffix she said in Touhou fan anime made YoungestSis' Aya hate turn 180?... not that I hated Aya before. That maple leaf she's holding (that somehow represents Fall season, or the fall of dried leaves), her flight with her black crow wings (though everone is able to fly, I found myself liking Aya soaring through the skies...at least in my imagination and a few arts & videos)... She also has Momiji as assistant or subordinate. Tengukami influence added later on.
Mokou Keine as a pair: I grew up on Mokou as I played IN's Extra... What does that have to do with Keine?......... Weird, fluffy |D *shakes head* The thought that she's protecting a human, even thought she knows Mokou is an eternal being. What I'd like to point out too is that, my liking level for Mokou & Keine, with Wriggle & Mystia, is veeery far from the rest of the Eientei cast.
Marisa attains a position higher than Reimu: ...probably because of the several Marisa doujins, discovering that Marisa appeared in the 2nd PC-98 Touhou as a boss (regardless if that was the same Marisa of Windows or not), or just my witch fetish at work, ... or maybe because she's actually human, despite being all magician-related or something... I'm not sure myself, but eh, it's Marisa だぜ(da ze)! (...no, it's not of the "da ze" either...)

Lastly, there's these recent and quick changes of my favorites... not necessarily on top of my fav list but has temporarily occupied the "favorite of the season" slot and has influenced me to raise her in my fav list, if such list exists in me anyway:
Re:Sanae: [GP-KIDS]' and [Personal Color]'s Sanae doujin, & several fanarts... Contrast to GP-KIDS' doujin, I find Sanae as Reimu's younger sister sometimes. Her looks consisting of the colors blue-white (miko outfit) and green (long hair)... Also, Solais influence.
Momiji: Momiji's part on the Bad Apple PV, [Happy Flame Time]'s Cold Wind but Warm Winter, [ciaociao]'s Momiji, the 8-bit SDM in the Early Afternoon video, & a few fanarts)
Sakuya=Remilia >Patchouli >the rest of SDM: my ElderSis Saki's losing inspiration in drawing females, so she asked me for Sakuya stuff (because Sakuya had so far the nearest candidate to having her favorite back-wavy or Nobu-like hairstyle).
*The quick change is mostly because of what I read (doujin comics) or see (fan art) as usual.

I do not hate anyone among the vast number of Touhou cast, by the way.

F... four hours~ @.@ *faints*
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2010, 05:59:10 AM »
Reisen.

I've drawn a majority of the Touhou cast if..
?they were wearing suits (I think I've developed a kink for this.)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »
Well~
I think, that at first, when all I had was IN, I liked Youmu best. Mainly because of her devotion and ability to endure all of Yuyuko's ditziness, and that she flies around like a maniac and can actually kill things unfocused. But then I tried to beat the Extra stage because all the extra cards were already unlocked in spell practice... So I spent 146 tries just learning Fujiyama Volcano, and Mokou quickly rose to my favorite because of her... kickassness in every aspect. She was the most powerful person that I would be able to fight at the time, her theme was epic, but I was also inspired to do it because of this video.

And then I fell in love with Yuyuko because of her backstory, her eyegasmic patterns, and the way that her theme will always match up with whatever pattern you're on unless you're grazewhoring... And, well, the moment I managed to find out everything about her and play through her stage, I almost had an emotional breakdown.

And then I watched this, And suddenly Yukari rose to my rank 2 spot.

Then UFO was released, and Murasa rose up because she was the highest boss I could get to. And the CAPTAIN MINAMITSU MOTHERFU - right.
When I finally got to Byakuren and read over the scripts, I thought, "Oh, wow, she seems like a really good person. And she has gradient hair. Maybe I can deal with continuing on stage 6 ten thousand times to beat her especially when her theme is pretty epic, too."

Byakuren also got bonus points for Cosmic Mind being the first Touhou song I could play on the piano.

So... Youmu > Mokou > Yuyuko > Murasa > Byakuren.

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 02:05:55 PM »
My favorite characters went from something like Alice -> Reisen -> Medicine -> Yuka -> Medicine -> Sanae -> Alice -> Ichirin

Alice I think I liked because of her name and her personality (canon Alice, not retarded fanon Alice). Then I discovered Reisen and she was pretty cool! I played PoFV and found Medicine and thought she was the coolest thing ever; I've always liked the "creepy toys" idea and a genocidal psycopathic poison doll is just amazing, I think. Yuka I thought was just badass, and I love her cool and collected personality (not a huge fan of the "she's really psycho underneath it all!" idea). Sanae was just cute and her theme is my favorite song in the series. And ICHIRIN <333 I loved from the moment I saw her in the UFO demo; I love her theme, her danmaku, her design, just everything about her is fantastic.

On the flipside, my most hated characters have always been Mystia, Tei, and Kaguya :V

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2010, 03:02:44 PM »
To be honest, I only got into Touhou early this year so I'm fairly new. However my top 3 have stayed consistent for that time.

I got into it through the fanart so my small pool of inital memorable characters included Remilia, Flandre, Marisa, Sakuya, Patchy, Yukari and Komachi.

I liked both Remilia and Flandre but Komachi got me into looking at Touhou more seriously. Not that I was that impressed her, but she looked a hell of a lot like Ushiromiya Ange from Umineko so I was interested in finding out more. Her design grew on me from there on, and after reading her personality she has since stayed as my top favourite.

Yuuka has since been my second favourite, which is surprising because I liked her design, but I was originally put-off by her flower associations. I dismissed her as being a predictable character  :3 Later after reading her profile that changed of course. I also started liking her a whole lot more after realising she was one of the few returning characters from PC-98. I've always like characters that have a long history.

And Shikieiki is still my third. I probably started liking her because I just got use to seeing her with Komachi. But she has an amazing design and somehow she makes being a strict lecturer kinda cool  :V I'm not very keen on some of her fanon interpretations though (midget with bust envy issues ) The characters I'm listing here are based upon canon interpretation.

So my top three favourites haven't actually changed since I considered them as such. I didn't instantly like any of them though.

As for some of the other characters. I never liked Tenshi, Alice, Sakuya, Reimu or Yuyuko until I played more of the games; slowly they became some of my favourites. And because I couldn't afford to buy a lot of games, I started to play the PC-98 ones. Thus making some of those old characters in my top favourites (namely Kurumi, Kana, Elly). They don't get a whole lot of development, but maybe that’s why they can be rather likeable. Renko and Maribel joined the list after watching Kinema Kan's music videos, for once I keep changing whether I prefer Renko or Maribel more- currently Maribel (and possibly because of a certain topic on this forum haha ).

Recently Alice and Kogasa have ascended the list the most, but I don't think my top 3 will be changing any time soon. I'm pretty stubborn  :3

Vanikoro

• A series of interesting decisions.
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2010, 03:38:59 AM »
My favorites change over time, and I really don't have an exact list or anything like that but I can say that the first character I liked was Suwako. To this day I can't really remember why she was my favorite, maybe it's because I was introduced to Touhou via Kero 9 Destiny. Nowadays, though, I like all of the characters to a certain degree each, but here are a few that stay at the top of the list.

Momiji: She has stayed at the top of list and will probably stay there forever. I just really seem to like the "Loyal Servant" character. The fact that Double spoiler added more to her personality than the usual "moe puppy" fanon interpretation, made me like her as a character even more. (Plus she looks awesome when genderbent, most of time.)

Mystia: I seemed to enjoy that while Mystia came off as a weak little bird when she is first seen, she turns out to be a scheming chef who uses her powers mostly just for the purpose of getting money. I like to see when characters use their powers outside of danmaku, and I like to think that Mystia is one of the best examples of this.

Nitori: Once again, why I like this character, I can't exactly pinpoint. I think I must have a thing for mechanics or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:47:59 AM by Vanikoro »

IBakaChan

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »
Marisa > Cirno > Flandre > Reisen > Yukari > Aya > Eirin > Utsuho > Yuugi > Yuka > Eirin/Kaguya/Utsuho

Top three is probably Eirin, Kaguya and Utsuho, with Mokou as a close four, and Aya as 5.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »
My favorites change over time, and I really don't have an exact list or anything like that but I can say that the first character I liked was Suwako. To this day I can't really remember why she was my favorite, maybe it's because I was introduced to Touhou via Kero 9 Destiny. Nowadays, though, I like all of the characters to a certain degree each, but here are a few that stay at the top of the list.

Momiji: She has stayed at the top of list and will probably stay there forever. I just really seem to like the "Loyal Servant" character. The fact that Double spoiler added more to her personality than the usual "moe puppy" fanon interpretation, made me like her as a character even more. (Plus she looks awesome when genderbent, most of time.)

Mystia: I seemed to enjoy that while Mystia came off as a weak little bird when she is first seen, she turns out to be a scheming chef who uses her powers mostly just for the purpose of getting money. I like to see when characters use their powers outside of danmaku, and I like to think that Mystia is one of the best examples of this.

Nitori: Once again, why I like this character, I can't exactly pinpoint. I think I must have a thing for mechanics or something along those lines.
Are you a clone of me or something like that?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
I had the silliest reason for having an aversion to Momiji at first. Didn't really care for a character that was 95% fanmade, completely based off her sprite. Though I got over it eventually.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Megayanma

• Full of Small Bones
  • Totalitarian KFC
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »

Ditto there.  Mystia is my favorite, at least for a while.  Aside from her being a scheming genius, her theme is friggin' awesome for a stage 2 boss.

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 08:58:10 PM »
To answer the question: Yes, Alice has changed over time. ;)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 09:01:46 PM »
I almost thought I was the only person who read the thread title this way.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Toasty

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 09:58:02 PM »
I don't have a favorite touhou character anymore. Even with ZUN's official manga to flesh the cast out, I still find a good deal of them pretty boring. The only ones I even remotely like, I like because of a single well known trait (Such as SCIENCE!). And even then, I don't like them that much. Going back to fleshing out characters, the ones that havn't been fleshed out by ZUN are boring regardless. For those ones, it's like picking a favorite vocaloid without hearing how they sound. You're going off of looks and some sketchy personality info.

On a side note, I might throw Satori on the now empty fav-list if ZUN fleshes her character out a bit more, and the same goes for Koishi. With their unique circumstances, they could make for interesting characters.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2010, 06:45:17 AM »
I'm starting to lose interest in Reisen as a favorite character. I liked her for her awesome abilities and level-headedness, but now I'm starting to see her more as a... Stereotypical teenager girl.

In CilR, Toyohime tells us "Reisen was exceptionally talented... However, she was also somewhat cowardly and self-centered. Obviously, these were probably fatal traits for a soldier, but we couldn't correct them. As a result, she was fairly uncooperative, and before the time for battle came, she abandoned her duties and fled to Earth." This shows Reisen as someone cowardly and not very mentally prepared for obstacles.
In PoFV, she is largely involved in the plot because she needs to find Tewi. This possibly older-sister relationship just adds a touch of parallelism to the stereotypical teen.
Her SWR profile says "She can change her personality completely to match her circumstances. She is not really very kind..." This kind of change-to-the-circumstances personality could be paralleled with the concept of a teenager's desire to fit in or find the easy path, and her bitterness could be similar to the kind of cold front many might put up in front of their parents or people they dislike.

I know she still has that great sort of sane personality, especially in print works, but I find it increasingly hard to ignore these points. D;

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:24 AM »
I'm starting to lose interest in Reisen as a favorite character. I liked her for her awesome abilities and level-headedness, but now I'm starting to see her more as a... Stereotypical teenager girl.

In CilR, Toyohime tells us "Reisen was exceptionally talented... However, she was also somewhat cowardly and self-centered. Obviously, these were probably fatal traits for a soldier, but we couldn't correct them. As a result, she was fairly uncooperative, and before the time for battle came, she abandoned her duties and fled to Earth." This shows Reisen as someone cowardly and not very mentally prepared for obstacles.
In PoFV, she is largely involved in the plot because she needs to find Tewi. This possibly older-sister relationship just adds a touch of parallelism to the stereotypical teen.
Her SWR profile says "She can change her personality completely to match her circumstances. She is not really very kind..." This kind of change-to-the-circumstances personality could be paralleled with the concept of a teenager's desire to fit in or find the easy path, and her bitterness could be similar to the kind of cold front many might put up in front of their parents or people they dislike.

I know she still has that great sort of sane personality, especially in print works, but I find it increasingly hard to ignore these points. D;

Say, what about your little neighbor? Has her favorite Touhou character changed too or is Reisen still her imaginary friend?

NLTM

• Fuck You Marisa
  • I mean, Fuck.
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
Started at marisa and went to Alice for a long time afterwards. It went to Aya for a bit while I was playing StB, and right now I'd say my favorite right now is Marisa.

All three are my current top 3 however.

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
Say, what about your little neighbor? Has her favorite Touhou character changed too or is Reisen still her imaginary friend?
I told her than Reisen ran away from the moon, but I don't think she understands its importance. Anyway,  Reisen is undoubtedly gonna be her favorite for a long time.
Although I don't think she has an imaginary Reisen anymore.

The only favorite characters that change are the secondary ones. She switches between Suwako, Cirno, Iku, Aya, Sanae, and Tenshi.
She used to have an imaginary Suwako and Iku, but they went away long before her Reisen did.

OkashiiKisei

• Still working on the Grimoire
  • It's all about devotion
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2010, 06:19:15 PM »
I told her than Reisen ran away from the moon, but I don't think she understands its importance. Anyway,  Reisen is undoubtedly gonna be her favorite for a long time.
Although I don't think she has an imaginary Reisen anymore.

The only favorite characters that change are the secondary ones. She switches between Suwako, Cirno, Iku, Aya, Sanae, and Tenshi.
She used to have an imaginary Suwako and Iku, but they went away long before her Reisen did.

Now I have the mental image of Reisen, Suwako and Iku appearing in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. :3

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2010, 07:51:12 PM »
Now I have the mental image of Reisen, Suwako and Iku appearing in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. :3
Someone fund this. I loved this show, mang.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

TheMasterSpark

• Lunatic lemurialist
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
My favourite characters haven't changed at all during my time as a fan of Touhou. On the protagonist side of things it has always been Marisa for me, while Shikieiki takes the cake for me in general. They both share powerful and flashy danmaku, cool appearances and dialogue, and they both boast some melodious themes. To broaden the horizons* somewhat I'll also include Amakasu B. Tenji (the guy in my signature) from the ZUN-related mini-game Uwabami Breakers in my list - his theme is the best there ever has been and ever will be. Srsly.  :derp:

*following the formula where (Touhou == ZUN's work || ZUN's work == Touhou) means that Uwabami Breakers is indeed Touhou as well, being a project which includes ZUN's work.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:25:52 PM by MasterSpark »

日巫子

• It's a cheer up charm!
  • ふそそそそそ
    • Hydrangeamaiden
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
My favorites have changed from when I first became interested in Touhou, but they've been pretty stable for the past few months.  My current favorites are Suika, Okuu, and Parsee.  The Former Hell and everything else underground interest me in general, so I naturally became interested in everyone and everything there.  That's how Okuu and Parsee became my favorites.  I always kind of thought Suika was awesome.  I have specific reasons for liking them; it's not just because of their location (although that helps).

Generally, what I look for when searching for favorites are intriguing personalities and cool character designs (and, to a lesser extent, theme songs).  I actually had this nice big post types out explaining why my favorites were my favorites, but then it got lost and I was sad :<

☆ Check my profile for links to my sites! ☆
[21:12] <OneLoveOnePurvis> *Black as hell and bitter as love. That is coffee.*
[17:42] <Amra> Himiko's one of the people that's really cute but sometimes art shifts into like hard jojo-style
[17:42] <Amra> as she does something out of character

Flandres Agent

• The Lazy Agent
  • That's what she said!
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »
Flandre at first for me, I mention it in a meme I've done on dA too. But anyway, Flandre managed to come joint second with Remilia, with Sakuya on top (Like every night. Ohoho) and Yukari and Yuyuko came third and fourth respectively. Cirno is fifth.

I can make a few dirty jokes outta my post, I should be shot down for even thinking about it.

Dasher-Crash

• Baka Master
  • Ability: Harnessing the power of the BSOD
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
At first it was Flan. Then Murasa came along...
On your mark, aim, action!!!

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
Oh boy, took me two forum visits to finally get that o_o;;

Sanae... or rather, the Moriya Family/ trio is currently my fave now... *sob*...... Is Iyokan's Though the Wind Cries enough of an explanation? ;_;
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
Marisa quickly became my favorite character the first time I hit the X button and everything kind of exploded.  They were all like, "I'm shooting at you,"  And she was like, "Nuh-huh, Master Spark!"  And then they were like, "What is this ominous light that threatens to engulf us!"  And then Alice showed up.

From that first Master Spark until the end of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody Marisa was my favorite character.  Then Iku drilled my ass; literally, with her drill attack and Marisa's one where she back's into them hard.  Then she did her pose and it was awesome.  Coupled with her theme she and Marisa was duking it out for my favorite character.

Until I read Inaba of the Moon.  Tewi became my favorite character after that and she's stayed there so far.  Komachi has been inching her way up slowly though.  For a slacker she moved up the third place pretty quickly.  She may make it pass Marisa and Tewi to be my favorite.

Neo Aemilius

• Born with Divine Grace...
  • To love a person, one doesn't need a heart ...
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2010, 01:57:04 AM »
Remi->Tenshi->Okuu->Yuka->Gengetu->Yumemi->Yuka

It changed overtime but today, I stick with yuka

... but maybe It would change... , maybe  :/

Sleeping Terror

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2010, 06:12:31 AM »
My user name has changed along with my fav. I joined as MystearicaFlandre, later became MystearicaUtsuho and I am now MysteariousYukari. So yes, my favourite girl has changed over time :*