Author Topic: Things that make you different from most Touhou players  (Read 134169 times)

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
Re: Things that make you different from most Touhou players
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2009, 03:12:38 AM »
The red and blue orb bullets that GLOW MYSTICALLY.... and apparently rapes some peoples eyes.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2009, 03:30:22 AM »
oh

i thought there was some unknown bullet that i wasn't seeing.

yeah, those glowing bullets aren't bad at all. but i always think of them as water and fire balls on account of how they look.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2009, 04:05:32 AM »
yeah, those glowing bullets aren't bad at all. but i always think of them as water and fire balls on account of how they look.
Generally, that's pretty much what they are.  Blue ones in places like Hydro Camouflage, red ones on Old Lady Ohgane's Fire (damnit Old Lady Ohgane's Fire).

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2009, 05:00:37 AM »
EoSD is my favorite outta the series, I like almost everything about it.

I do practice run on EoSD lunatic... but other game I pretty much suck at.

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2009, 05:07:51 AM »
7. most fandom doesn't bother me. things like Cirno being dumb are fine
pointing out factual error, I can take this the easy way or the hard way
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2009, 05:26:15 AM »
7. most fandom doesn't bother me. things like Cirno being dumb are fine
pointing out factual error, I can take this the easy way or the hard way

???

i'm lost

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2009, 05:39:10 AM »
1. I play all the games on a Linux machine (except for SWR and PoFV, which are buggy as hell).
2. I like PoDD and StB.
3. I won't watch Normal mode replays out of a paranoid fear I'm somehow cheating by not figuring things out myself. No qualms about watching Lunatic runs, though, because I'm never playing Lunatic.
4. Sanae disgusts me.
5. I use Marisa B in UFO.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:40 AM »
4. Sanae disgusts me.

elaborate on 4

wowza at 5.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2009, 05:56:36 AM »
4. Sanae disgusts me.

elaborate on 4

wowza at 5.

Well, after reading the game dialogue of UFO, it became clear to me that Sanae is pretty much just this brainless automaton who behaves in utter accordance with whoever is commanding her. She doesn't seem to have a personality of her own. I said this in another thread, but she reminds me of "that kid" in high school who'd be totally cool around you when it was just you and him, but the moment his jock friend shows up it's like he took asshole pills.

Marisa B grew on me. Her bomb is weak but she has a strong shotgun so long as you're on full power, and being able to shoot both upwards and downwards simultaneously is great if you're flying around the screen. Plus her game dialogue makes her out to be the closest to cool in the game.

As you can see, game dialogue actually influences who I choose to use in the game. Maybe you can add that to the list.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2009, 06:27:40 AM »
I play with my feet.

« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2009, 07:26:45 AM »
I play with my feet.
Universal Serial Bus Dance Dance Revolution pad for the win.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2009, 07:30:19 AM »

« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2009, 07:33:15 AM »
for the win.
Don't do that.
Considering I unacronymed everything else I thought I might as well unacronym that.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2009, 07:37:27 AM »
for the win.
Don't do that.
Considering I unacronymed everything else I thought I might as well unacronym that.
What an awkward sentence! @_@ My entire world is spinning like a top!

Alice Fact

• Kingdom Hearts
  • let's play shintopuncher
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:05 AM »
???

i'm lost
Cirno being dumb is pretty much canon

this is the entire joke behind the circle nine meme
Regarding score threads: For the time being, I'm not going to be online much; I would suggest that you simply do as you normally do, because I will come back and I will want those threads when I do.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:11 AM »
Oh Sanae... how my image of you shattered.

(I read that Alice Sanae doujin yes...)

I guess I am different that I do progress in stages, I always start with easy mode no matter what they say, slowly if I am interested I move to normal, and then even to hard. At current, it comes as no surprise in fact I am capable of lasting past stage 4 Lunatic of PCB.

I know what you are gonna say, but some people are just not that good.
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 11:02:32 AM »
I think I'm the only player in recorded history who actually ENJOYS Shou's curved laser attacks.

« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »
Well, after reading the game dialogue of UFO, it became clear to me that Sanae is pretty much just this brainless automaton who behaves in utter accordance with whoever is commanding her. She doesn't seem to have a personality of her own. I said this in another thread, but she reminds me of "that kid" in high school who'd be totally cool around you when it was just you and him, but the moment his jock friend shows up it's like he took asshole pills.

Marisa B grew on me. Her bomb is weak but she has a strong shotgun so long as you're on full power, and being able to shoot both upwards and downwards simultaneously is great if you're flying around the screen. Plus her game dialogue makes her out to be the closest to cool in the game.

As you can see, game dialogue actually influences who I choose to use in the game. Maybe you can add that to the list.

That makes her awesome. She gets shit done while everyone else is dicking around and fighting each other for laughs and kicks.

That's also what I like about the UFO cast, they actually have a coherent, sensible goal.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2009, 03:36:46 PM »

oh, shoulda figured.

but i still like all the characters, if anything the UFO dialogue is comical for me. makes for great fanart.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2009, 03:50:58 PM »
Oh yes, forgot something.

I DON'T LIKE LOLIS

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2009, 03:55:10 PM »
Oh yes, forgot something.

I DON'T LIKE LOLIS

sexual attraction, i agree.

but Touhou lolis like Flandre and Cirno are cool though.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »
Okay, let's see...

1. I realise when I make a huge mistake, such as trying to auto-collect while faeries are still spawning.
2. I fail at bombing, and rarely get it right.
3. I approve of Brohou.
4. I'm not insanely in love with the new UFO characters. Nue's alright, though.

There's probably something I'm forgetting, but eh.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
Cirno being dumb is pretty much canon

this is the entire joke behind the circle nine meme

oh, right. let me find a replacement.

Yuyuko eating a lot i guess

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
1.) Always forget to bomb
2.) Die against Icicle Fall ~ Easy
3.)Can't get past stage 3 in most cases

FIGHT!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »
I think UFO stage 5 has the best music in the game in terms of both stage and boss themes graded together
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
I think UFO stage 5 has the best music in the game in terms of both stage and boss themes graded together
Off-topic, etc.

Although to me, it ties with Stage 6, but whatever.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2009, 07:02:31 PM »
Off-topic, etc.

Although to me, it ties with Stage 6, but whatever.

No more off-topic than anyone else. Plus I've noticed that a lot of people don't seem to really appreciate the stage 5 theme, so yeah.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Slowpoke

• Media Analyst
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »
I just remembered one: Although I found out about Touhou by people posting the main characters, I first saw most of the characters in the games themselves. From all the games before MoF, I think the only characters I first encountered through fanart were Reimu, Marisa, Cirno, Wriggle, Kaguya, Eirin, Mokou, Keine, Remilia, and Flandre.

« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:31 PM »
#3: I don't have problems with animated bullets (example: Dodonpachi's stage 2 boss, DDP's stage 1's large tanks)
#4: I'm very bad at grazing intentionally (non-Touhou examples: Armed Police Batrider and PsyVariar 2 Ultimate Final)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
1. I like Charming Domination and ZUN's remix of it.
2. I hate the new continue system (I'm only able to get to stage 4 in UFO because of it)