Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240159 times)

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #930 on: July 27, 2010, 01:30:33 AM »
Eh, the problem was that no one played 2.06, because the English patch didn't work with it. When 3.01 came out, she was one of the first characters I selected for Team Unappreciated, simply because no one used her for 2.04, and I wanted to see her boosted formula for myself. As it turns out, she really is a top tier damage dealer now.

Really, I think I've re-evaluated my opinion of a lot of formerly forgotten characters recently. Nitori is just one of many characters I now have a lot of respect for. Iku is probably the next biggest character that I'm seriously advocating. Yes, doing 200k Megawatt Linear Guns at level 138 is pretty good, but doing 300k+ with the same attack is even better. And with all the free PAR resistance that comes attached to lots of good physical attacker gear throughout the game, the "drawback" is anything but. I mean, with Iku on my team, Orin's buffed Blazing Wheel does comparable damage to unbuffed Megawatt Linear Gun, except with much lower delay!

« Reply #931 on: July 27, 2010, 01:32:50 AM »
Yeah I guess a level 60 something Marisa isn't enough to kill Mokou with post Resurection. And yes I was using buffs.
I used a combination of Megawatt Linear Gun and Silent Selene to take her down post-resurrection.  You're at a high enough level for the fight so grinding shouldn't be necessary, but I would definitely recommend a backup attacker to add another hit alongside Master Spark.

Bananamatic

« Reply #932 on: July 27, 2010, 01:34:02 AM »
So...anyone has any advice regarding Winner? Or has nobody except Trance bothered to grind?

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #933 on: July 27, 2010, 01:59:07 AM »
I used a combination of Megawatt Linear Gun and Silent Selene to take her down post-resurrection.  You're at a high enough level for the fight so grinding shouldn't be necessary, but I would definitely recommend a backup attacker to add another hit alongside Master Spark.

I can't get a back up attacker in quick enough to finish her after eruption.

Also I started a run with a team chosen from Touhou sort using the NG+ file. Is there any glitches with that still?

Also the team in spoiler tags because I don't know if we need this still or not.
Spoiler:
1. Utsuho
2. Tenshi
3. Yukari
4. Mokou
5. Yuugi
6. Renko
7. Suika
8. Youmu
9. Sanae
10. Keine
11. Mystia
12. Eirin

At least I has a healer in my top 12 playable favorites :V

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #934 on: July 27, 2010, 02:02:23 AM »
Best bet is to grind. If you don't mind it, refight SoC for those Machine God Lucifer's  :V

Anyone got the link to the English Special Disk with instructions on how to install from 2.06? Kinda wanna try it out now since other games have bored me lately. Plus I wanna level up Nitori, and I'll only do it on 2.06+

Bananamatic

« Reply #935 on: July 27, 2010, 02:10:10 AM »
Best bet is to grind. If you don't mind it, refight SoC for those Machine God Lucifer's  :V
doesn't SoC respawn only AFTER beating Winner?

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #936 on: July 27, 2010, 02:11:43 AM »
doesn't SoC respawn only AFTER beating Winner?

Does he really? Too lazy to go through the entire thing again.

Parallaxal

« Reply #937 on: July 27, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »
Not the most flattering fight ever...but here it is. Team Unappreciated vs. the last Bloody Seal boss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEql3TNExWw

This just isn't a good party for this fight, I'm sorry to say. Low defenses, no DEF/MND group buff (without drawbacks, at least), no World-shaking Military Rule for berserk mode, no Kaguya for hitting both Hibachi at once, or Yukari to double up on key attacks. Oh well.

« Reply #938 on: July 27, 2010, 04:58:26 AM »
Not the most flattering fight ever...but here it is. Team Unappreciated vs. the last Bloody Seal boss.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEql3TNExWw

This just isn't a good party for this fight, I'm sorry to say. Low defenses, no DEF/MND group buff (without drawbacks, at least), no World-shaking Military Rule for berserk mode, no Kaguya for hitting both Hibachi at once, or Yukari to double up on key attacks. Oh well.
I'm a bit more tempted to use Wriggle every time you post.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #939 on: July 27, 2010, 05:59:23 AM »
:<

It's not my problem if you need a De-moon-runing patch :<

Does he really? Too lazy to go through the entire thing again.

Well you have to if you want to fight SoC again.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #940 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05:21 AM »
Fun fact: Early bosses don't have DTH resistance :derp:

I believe I mentioned this about a thread or two ago. It is epic when you beat Youmu and her Ghost-Hlaf just by using Komachi's Narrow Confines of Avici. Just that one move, and I won. Cookie to whoever correctly guesses how long i was laughing for :V

Parallaxal

« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »
Quick question: What's the recommended level for Final Boss V2?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »
CharaGraph pack with images from Touhou Mahjong. I haven't tried them out because I did the editing on campus. I'll change the upload to an external one when I get home, or if someone can do that for me.

Edit: Removed because none of my stuff has transparent BGs and the Mystia_Stand isn't mine.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:36:59 AM by Pesco »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2010, 09:20:19 AM »
CharaGraph pack with images from Touhou Mahjong. I haven't tried them out because I did the editing on campus. I'll change the upload to an external one when I get home, or if someone can do that for me.

*takes a look*
Not quite my style, but thanks for the upload! we need more charagraph packs >=). They are all from Touhou Mahjong? (I don't even know how to play Mahjong, I wonder if I'd like it). Some of them really look unrelated (not that I mind actually). Like Patchy's for example, looks like something from a final fantasy FMV, with shadows, specular lighting, etc. While mokou looks like she was pencil-crayoned in 1 minute >=P

Rumia looks like she's trying to put her mouth in her mouth.. must be really hungry.

Not that they're bad overall >=).

Renko is super cute, and Marisa's hair-do is probably better than any other version of Marisa I've seen.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »
Touhou Mahjong's art come from a whole bunch of different Doujin artists. Yeah I opted to use scary Patchy instead of mediocre Patchy.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #945 on: July 27, 2010, 02:11:10 PM »
So I managed to somehow do 80K damage with Nitori and beat Mokou because I actually switched them in just as she used Ressurrection.

I still have no clue how a 80% buffed Master spark only does 50K...

Bananamatic

« Reply #946 on: July 27, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
Reimu lv598.
Made Winner use his 25% HP heal.

I CAN DO THIS SHIT

The main problem was Ran dying wayyyyyy too early, so I had practically no buffs.

Bananamatic

« Reply #947 on: July 27, 2010, 03:03:30 PM »
And now I should say...

A WINNER IS ME
 :smug:

« Reply #948 on: July 27, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
Soo..
my party consists of:
Meiling
18F
Ran
Reimu
16F
Flan
Eiki
Yuugi
Youmu
Nitori
Kaguya
Remilia

honestly, I'm confused; who to add, who to drop.
any comments/suggestions/whatever?

And now I should say...

A WINNER IS ME
 :smug:
A Winrar is you.
congrats.  :V

« Reply #949 on: July 27, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »
Soo..
my party consists of:
Meiling
18F
Ran
Reimu
16F
Flan
Eiki
Yuugi
Youmu
Nitori
Kaguya
Remilia

honestly, I'm confused; who to add, who to drop.
any comments/suggestions/whatever?
Looks like a pretty solid team to me.

« Reply #950 on: July 27, 2010, 03:22:47 PM »
I'm thinking to drop someone, maybe Remi/Youmu in favor of Marisa for her Spark, but the two of them are non elemental attackers..
and I think, I've spending too much Skill Points on too much Characters..
hmm.  :ohdear:

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #951 on: July 27, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
You seem to have an abundance of physical attackers. You could switch Youmu and Remilia out for some more magically inclined characters. Mokou is good as a generic mage, Minoriko or Sanae could add a level of support/haling to the team, or you could take Iku to soften up enemies for your physical powerhouses.

« Reply #952 on: July 27, 2010, 03:35:33 PM »
I'm thinking to drop someone, maybe Remi/Youmu in favor of Marisa for her Spark, but the two of them are non elemental attackers..
and I think, I've spending too much Skill Points on too much Characters..
hmm.  :ohdear:
Drop Remi for Okuu.

Bananamatic

« Reply #953 on: July 27, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Same team I used except for Remi and Yuugi, I used Chen and Marisa. Barely ever used them though.
It's a good team. Use it :V

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #954 on: July 27, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
So I grinded to fight
Spoiler:
Kaguya's Foe
I got massacred 3 times in a row.

Guess i need to farm more SKP to raise my Fire Affin on my Tanks.

Bananamatic

« Reply #955 on: July 27, 2010, 05:35:28 PM »
winner part 1
winner part 2

not touching this game again

« Reply #956 on: July 27, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
Drop Remi for Okuu.
What I'm seeing is, Okuu is somehow limited to her MAG.
Her current MAG, around 60k, doesn't seem convincing. Giga Flare will only deal ~220k unresisted. Even with 80% MAG buff, it's only around ~400k. Nitori or Flan could do better, but I think the defense ignoring attack deals smaller damage is for the lol game balance.
Anyway, will think about this over, because I've spent quite a lot of skill points on Remi, and so small on Okuu.
this is my first playthrough, btw  :ohdear:

Same team I used except for Remi and Yuugi, I used Chen and Marisa. Barely ever used them though.
It's a good team. Use it :V
thanks, will consider Chen  :3

Bananamatic

« Reply #957 on: July 27, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »
Chen is good even if you are using her just for switching around your high delay attackers.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #958 on: July 27, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
Somebody teach me how to record, encode and upload this stuff. Mystia solo deserves the effort to try put up videos.

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #959 on: July 27, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
Get a video recording program like Fraps or Camtasia  :V Then just use a video editing program like Camtasia Studio or Movie Maker