Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest: Unexpected Master Mind (RaNGE Contest 16)  (Read 61847 times)

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Danmakufu Contest: Unexpected Master Mind (RaNGE Contest 16)
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 07:08:06 PM »
Just a question, could we have a cameo of another boss in a spell?

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »
If it's just an apparition in one spell you can. But don't do that for more than one, even with several characters ^^.

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:50 AM »
Thanks Lef, I needed an excuse to insert more memes!

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 02:00:36 AM »
Hey, I just meet you, and this is craazy.
But here's my entry, so download it maybe?

In all seriousness though, Hello, this is my first time on this forum and want to enter the contest with this Wriggle script I got here.
Boop.

« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
Remains 10 days before the contest's end. If you have something already done, it's better to post it to get feedback rather than waiting until the end. Keep some days to correct bugs and do some fixing.

« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 10:51:51 AM »
Reminder :
This contest is called "Unexpected Master Mind".
If there isn't any plot in your script, even a little one, it will be quite disappointing...

I'm looking forward to judge your works.  :3

« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
I'd like to enter the contest too. My script featuring Sara can be obtained right here.
It's the first script I've finished, but I think it's good enough to be worth submitting(?)

edit: If anyone's wondering, the post below was made before this one was approved.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:21:26 PM by Badz »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2016, 09:30:59 PM »
http://www.bulletforge.org/u/badz/p/gatekeeper-of-makai-range-16-entry

Just a heads up. There's this guy who entered but I'm not sure if they're on MotK. His name is Badz.

Now that I think about it these contests are really great for attracting new people.

And people who claim to be new but secretly have experience because people are "helping" them. Misaki, are you watching?!

« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2016, 11:44:17 PM »
It's a very cool script. I'm happy to see a PC-98 character. But it's me or there is no real difference between normal and hard mode? And also, on the last spell, the second step is easier than the first and the last step is easier than the second. And maybe the whole spell is easier in hard. But I like how you respect the PC-98 style and animations. It's very nice.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2016, 12:35:25 AM »
To be honest, I wouldn't put it against anyone to not give any backstory to the script, 'cause I see quite a few newcomers.

This is to counter Neshima's "no plot" complaint.

Even if you think you'd be bad at writing or something just put a readme or paste something in the description if you can't make dialogue events or something like that. It's a lot easier than trying to find a way to make something that may or may not be more complicated than you could handle. While you might not be a Talos Mistake, you might as well be a you, and work with what knowledge you do have, right? Nothing against anyone who wants to actually try and make their own dialogue script, but since it's a week before the deadline, it's kind of a bit late to try figuring something as complex as a dialogue system, but coming up with a story shouldn't take that long either, so...

Well, that's just my suggestions.

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 05:48:52 AM »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 10:30:09 AM »
To be honest, I wouldn't put it against anyone to not give any backstory to the script, 'cause I see quite a few newcomers.

This is to counter Neshima's "no plot" complaint.

Even if you think you'd be bad at writing or something just put a readme or paste something in the description if you can't make dialogue events or something like that. It's a lot easier than trying to find a way to make something that may or may not be more complicated than you could handle. While you might not be a Talos Mistake, you might as well be a you, and work with what knowledge you do have, right? Nothing against anyone who wants to actually try and make their own dialogue script, but since it's a week before the deadline, it's kind of a bit late to try figuring something as complex as a dialogue system, but coming up with a story shouldn't take that long either, so...

Well, that's just my suggestions.
Ah, it wasn't a complaint, just an advice for the contestants.  :3
Even if it's a readme (or anything in a .txt format), I'm totally fine with that ; this is the first contest for a few people, and I can understand that they can't perfectly control danmakufu. I was trying to say that with this theme's contest, a little plot was almost necessary, no matter if there's a dialogue or not (did I mentioned this word in my last post ? x3).
Well, it's just a tip anyway, but I'll personally give points depending on whether you have respected the theme or not. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡?)

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 11:21:53 AM »
TresserT> Your player lacks a bit of power and nonspells and spells took too many time. But with a little power-up this script is amazing. I just LOVE IT.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2016, 07:35:49 PM »
Damn these scripts are good. I wish i could make something like these  :(
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2016, 08:58:13 AM »
Mine feels bland compared to other peoples.  :wat:
I only have to do ending dialog and some touch-ups.

I'll try to have it out ASAP since I'm not using danmakufu. I want to know judges can run it before the deadline.

Python

• Plains of Chi-u have no end.
  • They are boundless and last forever.
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »
I slightly updated my entry.
Due to a lot of people requesting this, I provided an easier version of this script. That's the major new thing in this version. Aside from that, I made a few patterns in the hard version slightly easier and halved the volume of all sound effects.
Have a look at my truly scrumptious scripts!.

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »
I adden entry on the fisrt message. If your entry is not in the list, please tell me. If you notice someone missing, tell me also.
Thanks.
And remember, it remains just a little week ;).

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 04:15:39 PM »
if i have time i will make one too. i love Touhou 15 so: CSeiran i choose you^^

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 05:14:53 PM »
Reminder :
This contest is called "Unexpected Master Mind".
If there isn't any plot in your script, even a little one, it will be quite disappointing...

I'm looking forward to judge your works.  :3

What if the plot is unexpected? (wink w0nk)

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »
What if the plot is unexpected? (wink w0nk)
Then maybe there'll be an unexpected victory. ◔‿◔

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2016, 04:57:01 AM »
Deleted for now, fixed one coming.

I hope people don't have any trouble running this, it's not Danmakufu.  :ohdear: Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Anyway, I hope it's fun to someone! Don't expect much of a plot though, sorry Neshima!  :V
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 06:37:57 AM by tyrz_939 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2016, 05:28:31 AM »
I feel like I should probably finish that last spell.

@tyrz: There are some minor bugs in your script that I noticed, but it was overall fine imo.
-- When Marisa bombs, you can see the squares around nearly every object
-- The word ''test'' appears when changing window from fullscreen to windowed (or other way around)

Also:
-- Particle effects when enemies spawn on-screen seem to be similar to the ones when Marisa's shots hit the enemy? It was confusing - if they *are* the same, this is something you will want to fix
-- Last spell feels really weird at the end - the number of bullets skyrockets and the FPS immediately dies
-- Bad Ending feels... out of place. Besides, Marisa has Master Spark and there seem to be infinite continues?
-- I suggest setting the default to windowed rather than fullscreen

Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 05:41:45 AM by Sparen »

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2016, 06:36:44 AM »
I feel like I should probably finish that last spell.

@tyrz: There are some minor bugs in your script that I noticed, but it was overall fine imo.
-- When Marisa bombs, you can see the squares around nearly every object
-- The word ''test'' appears when changing window from fullscreen to windowed (or other way around)

Also:
-- Particle effects when enemies spawn on-screen seem to be similar to the ones when Marisa's shots hit the enemy? It was confusing - if they *are* the same, this is something you will want to fix
-- Last spell feels really weird at the end - the number of bullets skyrockets and the FPS immediately dies
-- Bad Ending feels... out of place. Besides, Marisa has Master Spark and there seem to be infinite continues?
-- I suggest setting the default to windowed rather than fullscreen

Just some thoughts.

About bugs:
--I know about master spark showing the squares, I don't know how to properly fix it but I'll turn off the trailing effect as it's coming from that, so, fixed.
--I'll look see if I can find out why it says "test" for you, it's an instant change for me. That's a word I always use to see if code is executing though so it's probably something I've left in and forgot.
          Yup, what do you know. When it recreates the surface to draw it flickers it for a frame. http://i.imgur.com/yYS3I8k.png

--Particle effects are different but they do look similar, I'll try to make it look more fitting.
--I might re-do the last spell, it is important after all.
--Bad ending can go, I put it in just showing someone how to code this morning, it's thrown together in 5 minutes. I'll just knock it out.
--Windowed 640x480 default it is!

I don't know anyone who plays Touhou so any feedback I can get from here is valuable to me, thanks Sparen!
I'll delete the other download link and re-post tonight. I rather have people play the main entry.

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:17 AM »
http://bit.ly/range_16

Alrighty, here is a fixed up one. Hoping for the best.

14k lines of GML code all up. Don't ask how, projects gone outside it's initial scope somewhat...
I enjoy coding the 'engine' pieces (replay system, laser system etc) but game content I'm not so good at.   :(

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »

C:\Users\Adams Family\Saved Games\Tyrz\memory(125,4): error X5608: Compiled shader code uses too many arithmetic instruction slots (76). Max. allowed by the target (ps_2_0) is 64.

############################################################################################

Tyrz, this is what I get when trying to play your game...
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »
tyrz_939> Nice script but I think it lack a bit of lives. And also, graphics are pixelated in full screen. It's not very pretty and ruins the visual side. But nice ideas otherwise.

Miplouf> I just hate you for the end of the script XD. And your musics don't loop. I finish the stage without music and same thing for the boss. If you can fix that it will be better. Please. Fix...

Miplouf Saigyouki

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »
Miplouf> I just hate you for the end of the script XD. And your musics don't loop. I finish the stage without music and same thing for the boss. If you can fix that it will be better. Please. Fix...

Tried to, but couldn't, for some reason.
Furthermore, doesn't the silence of the last spell of the boss plunges you in darkness, in a sense....Until the glorious and dank return of unexpected plot twistiness? I'm sure it does, don't cry now. Sounds are but a detail of such a magnificently crafted visual composition, my friend!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2016, 02:20:30 AM »
My submission

There is more poetry in the spell card descriptions than initially anticipated.

EDIT: A new version (v1.01) is out now. It has a number of critical and major and minor and meh bug fixes.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:27:58 AM by Sparen »

Conarnar

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa