Author Topic: Immortal Quest - "Death" is a Slap on the Wrist!  (Read 62329 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Immortal Quest - "Death" is a Slap on the Wrist!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 04:16:16 AM »
((I'm going to give this 72 more hours before I declare this game dead from lack of players and remove it from my signature. So if you, you know, want to save this game, I suggest you do it in the next 72 hours.))

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »
>Attempt to get up. Prepare to dodge/defend against another attack while getting up.
>"Don't blame me if you get roasted within the next few minutes. You're asking for it!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »
>Attempt to get up. Prepare to dodge/defend against another attack while getting up.
>You rise to your feet, and hastily duck as a very pissed off Kaguya swings her fist at your head.

>"Don't blame me if you get roasted within the next few minutes. You're asking for it!"
>"Oh, so now I'm the one asking for it?! You know very well that you brought this on yourself!" Kaguya replies as she attempts to hit you in the face once more.
>_

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 12:16:15 AM »
>"Hey, hey, you broke the truce first! What the hell are you going on about!?"
>Catch her fist and turn it into roast lunarian.
>Look around for any innocent people that may be harmed during our skirmish.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 12:33:40 AM »
>Catch her fist and turn it into roast lunarian.
>You catch Kaguya's fist and promptly set it aflame. She responds by forcefully jerking her immolated fist out of your hand and staggering backward in pain while frantically trying to extinguish the fire.

>Look around for any innocent people that may be harmed during our skirmish.
>You use this opportunity to quickly glance around for innocent bystanders, there are none as far as you can tell.

>"Hey, hey, you broke the truce first! What the hell are you going on about!?"
>"Don't play dumb with me!" says Kaguya as she finally manages to put out the flames enveloping her fist, "You know very well that you broke the truce when you snuck into Eientei last night and torched my room while I was asleep!"
>Kaguya then reaches into her sleeve and draws out her Jeweled Branch, which she now begins to aim in your direction.
>_

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »
>Prepare [Forgiveness] "Honest Man's Death".
>"That's not me! It was someone else! And besides, you blew a hole in my house!"
>Get ready to dodge/defend if she continues to attack.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 01:16:55 AM »
>Prepare [Forgiveness] "Honest Man's Death".
>Your quickly grab your [Forgiveness] "Honest Man's Death" spellcard, and prepare yourself to use it in case things get out of hand.

>"That's not me! It was someone else! And besides, you blew a hole in my house!"
>Get ready to dodge/defend if she continues to attack.
>"YOU LIE!!" shouts Kaguya as she rushes at you with her Jeweled Branch.
>You sidestep out of the way right as Kaguya discharges a danmaku blast at point blank range, the attack barely misses you.
>The excess momentum from the attack causes her to stumble forward and lose balance!
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 01:33:18 AM »
>Go for the grapple!

>"I'm not lying, you put a bomb in my house!"
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 01:55:58 AM »
>Go for the grapple!
>You use this opportunity to grab Kaguya and slam her into the ground, keeping her pinned down with your arm!

>"I'm not lying, you put a bomb in my house!"
>"Yes you are! I didn't plant a bomb in your house! I was in Eientei, peacefully dreaming, until you came along and turned my room into an oven!" She says as she seizes a clump of your hair and begins pulling forcefully.
>_

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 03:35:32 AM »
>"Listen to me, you dimwit! It's not me, and if you're not lying, then there's a third party out there. Clear your head out and think about this for a moment!"
>Keep her pinned down, endure the pain of my precious hair being pulled.
>Think about any possible suspects who would've been able to locate and plant a bomb in my house, and of anyone else who was able to set mophead's house on fire.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 04:01:26 AM »
>"Listen to me, you dimwit! It's not me, and if you're not lying, then there's a third party out there. Clear your head out and think about this for a moment!"
>Keep her pinned down, endure the pain of my precious hair being pulled.
>You continue to pin Kaguya to he ground, trying your best to ignore the pain caused by Kaguya aggressively yanking on your hair.
>After a few minutes of belligerently trying to remove your hair from your scalp, Kaguya ceases struggling.
>"Fine, humor me." She says, catching her breath, "If you are telling the truth, which I seriously doubt, then who, exactly, would this so called 'third party' of yours be?"

>Think about any possible suspects who would've been able to locate and plant a bomb in my house, and of anyone else who was able to set mophead's house on fire.
>Anyone who is capable of creating an improvised explosive or purchasing one from someone else could be the culprit for the bomb in your house, but very few people know the exact location of your house, those being Keine, as well as Kaguya and a few of her associates. It couldn't possibly be Keine, you couldn't imagine her doing something like that to you, one of her closest friends.
>As for Kaguya's house, anyone capable of starting a fire could be the culprit, and there are more parties that dislike Kaguya than there are parties that dislike you.
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 04:13:47 AM »
>Dr Boom

>"I dunno, maybe Tewi?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »
>"I dunno, maybe Tewi?"
>"Tewi? Ha!" Kaguya replies, "While I can see her planting a bomb in your house, I can't imagine that she would ever torch the room that I sleep in. Setting something on fire isn't Tewi's style."

>A few seconds pass before you hear the sound of a twig snapping somewhere in the forest behind you.
>"What was that?" Kaguya asks.

>_

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2015, 04:40:43 AM »
>Turn around towards the sound, but be on guard for both Kaguya and the mysterious noise. Don't want to get backstabbed here.
>Check status.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2015, 04:49:25 AM »
>Turn around towards the sound, but be on guard for both Kaguya and the mysterious noise. Don't want to get backstabbed here.
>You turn in the direction of the noise, keeping your arm on Kaguya. You don't see anything apparent, but you get a strange feeling that you're being watched.

>Check status.
>Your head feels a bit sore from Kaguya's hair-pulling. Otherwise you are fine.

>A few moments pass before a small object rapidly flies out of the forest, it's heading straight for your head!
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 04:54:47 AM »
>Catch

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 05:01:27 AM »
>Catch
>You attempt to catch the object in your free hand and are met with a sharp, stabbing pain.
>You immediately look at your hand and see what appears to be a dart embedded in your palm.

>Not even a few seconds pass before a second object flies past you.
>"Ow! What the hell!?!" You hear Kaguya exclaim.
>_

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 05:13:20 AM »
>Create a ring of fire around us to buy some time.
>Analyse the dart, then ponder who would be able to throw darts at us with such skill.
>"Be on your guard. We're being watched, and it doesn't seem like our enemies like to play fair." Whisper to Kaguya, and hope that whoever it is that's hiding doesn't hear.
>Prepare [Hourai] "Fujiyama Volcano".

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 05:47:49 AM »
>Create a ring of fire around us to buy some time.
>You attempt to create a ring of fire around the two of you, but before you manage to create a single ember you feel all the muscles in your body go limp and you collapse onto your side.

>Analyse the dart, then ponder who would be able to throw darts at us with such skill.
>Despite your current position, you still have a clear view of the dart.
>The dart is rather simple in design, it's body is a piece of wood small enough to fit in a piece of bamboo, there are a few feathers attached to the tail.
>You don't know anyone in Gensokyo who uses darts as a weapon in combat, so it could have been anyone who threw, or possibly blew, the dart.

>"Be on your guard. We're being watched, and it doesn't seem like our enemies like to play fair." Whisper to Kaguya, and hope that whoever it is that's hiding doesn't hear.
>You barely utter a few words before you find yourself unable to speak!
>"What did you-" Kaguya whispers back before her voice cuts off in a similar fashion.

>Prepare [Hourai] "Fujiyama Volcano".
>You attempt to prepare a spellcard, but you are unable to move!

>You begin to feel faint and your breathing slows, as you hear something come out of the forest.
>"It's a pity that you two didn't kill each other as quickly as I hoped," you hear an unfamiliar voice say, "it would've made things a lot easier for me."
>You feel a presence come closer, now it feels like it's standing over you.
>"Don't bother trying to fight it," you hear the voice continue, "those darts I shot you two with are laced with a concoction derived from concentrated mamushi venom. It causes a rapid, complete, and lethal paralysis, but of course, it's not going to be lethal for you... Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to test the effectiveness of a little experiment of mine!"
>As your vision fades, your breathing stops, and you begin to lapse into unconsciousness, you feel something that feels like a needle work its way into your left arm...

>When you regain consciousness, you are lying in a bed that you are all too familiar with. It's one of the beds that Eirin Yagokoro, Kaguya's pharmacist and doctor, treats her patients on, which you have commonly awakened on following a particularly brutal encounter with Kaguya.
>"Oh, you're awake!" says a voice that you recognize as belonging to Reisen Udongein Inaba, one of Kaguya's associates and Eirin's "assistant," "Shall I go fetch Eirin?"

>DEATH COUNTER: 2
>_
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:51:23 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 05:51:09 AM »
>Attempt to speak. "Yeah, immediately if possible."
>Look around. Is Kaguya nearby? Anything unfamiliar or suspicious hiding around me?
>Check status. How am I feeling?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 06:07:27 AM »
>Attempt to speak. "Yeah, immediately if possible."
>"Alright, I'll be back with her shortly." You hear Reisen say before hearing the sound of her footsteps leaving the room.

>Look around. Is Kaguya nearby? Anything unfamiliar or suspicious hiding around me?
>You look around. It's the same old room you've seen several times, a few rows of beds, several cabinets filled with medications and potions, the occasional piece of medical equipment here or there...
>Kaguya isn't here, you suspect that she's in the other room, since Eirin has made a habit of keeping the two of you separate, for a good reason, when treating your injuries.
>Nothing seems out of the ordinary here.

>Check status. How am I feeling?
>You feel a bit woozy, there is also a dull ache in your left arm.
>There's also a rather... odd... unsettling feeling that you're having. It feels almost as if a part of you is... slowly decaying...

>After a few moments you hear several sets of footsteps approaching.
>"Thank you, Udongein," you hear the familiar voice of Eirin Yagokoro say, followed by the sound of someone leaving the room, "Hello Mokou, I see that you've finally awakened. Now, can you please tell me exactly what happened out there?"
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 06:14:29 AM »
>"Someone shot poison darts at us.  Probably the same person who blew up my house and set Kaguya on fire."

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 06:17:12 AM »
>"Also, she said she was going to test some sort of experiment on us."
>"Has there been anything strange happening around you, Eirin?" Eirin could be a possible victim as she is also immortal.
>Check inventory to see if I still have my spell cards.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 04:24:55 PM »
>"Someone shot poison darts at us.  Probably the same person who blew up my house and set Kaguya on fire."
>"Well, that mostly confirms what Kaguya told me, except that she still thinks it was you who set her on fire." says Eirin, "Personally, I don't believe that you were responsible for that event."

>"Also, she said she was going to test some sort of experiment on us."
>"Kaguya told me about that too." she began, growing a concerned look on her face, "That part is rather concerning, considering the two of you took slightly longer to revive despite the nature of your 'death'. Kaguya also told me that she feels... strange. What about you? How are you feeling?"

>"Has there been anything strange happening around you, Eirin?" Eirin could be a possible victim as she is also immortal.
>"No, I've noticed nothing out of the ordinary." she replies.

>Check inventory to see if I still have my spell cards.

>INVENTORY:
  >Fireproof Clothes
  >>Your signature outfit, consisting of dark red overalls over a light brown shirt. They're fireproof.

>SPELLCARDS:
   >[Immortal] "Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-"
   >>Sends a storm of fire danmaku at the opponent.

>[Forgiveness] "Honest Man's Death"
   >>Traps the opponent in a field of danmaku while you rain wide spread shots upon them.

>[Everlasting] "Phoenix's Tail"
   >>Fires a chaotic burst of fire danmaku at the opponent.

>[Hourai] "Fujiyama Volcano"
   >>Fires a small, directed shot that erupts into an explosion of fire danmaku.

>"Imperishable Shooting"
   >>Your strongest spellcard. Fires rings of danmaku that warp into vaguely flower-shaped patterns, followed by a chaotic storm of shots. Using this card will leave you exhausted.

>Everything is still here.
>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »
>"I feel weaker, spiritually. What's happening?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 11:01:11 PM »
>"I feel weaker, spiritually. What's happening?"
>"Hmm... Kaguya said she felt something similar." she replies, her expression becoming more troubled, "I'm not entirely sure what's happening to the two of you, but I'm sure this has to do with this 'experiment' that was mentioned. Did you happen to pick up any details about it before you, well, died?"
>_

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
> Try to recall what the voice sounded like. Was it male or female?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »
> Try to recall what the voice sounded like. Was it male or female?
>You try to recall the voice of your unknown assailant. It was a woman's voice.

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2015, 12:42:18 AM »
>"Judging by the voice, it looks like it was a female that attacked the two of us. It looks like our attacker knows about our relationship as well, as she mentioned something about how it was too bad for her that we didn't kill each other fast enough."
>Think about who the culprit could be. Are there any people in Gensokyo who can conduct experiments and create poison darts besides Eirin?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2015, 01:26:25 AM »
>Are we aware of people from the PC98 era?