Author Topic: Xenomic's MUGEN series!  (Read 25554 times)

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
Xenomic's MUGEN series!
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:10 AM »
Hopefully this is the right place for this? >_>;;

MUGEN!? What is this madness! But yes, I decided I wanted to do this, and well...I felt like sharing here too, for anyone interested in it. Though since there's no Video function here like anywhere else, you'll have to do with the links instead of videos. Descriptions posted here are also what's in the Video descriptions (and yes, I already changed that horrible screenpack I've been using for 5 years tonight, so that's done and over with...still need to fix it up better though!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVepvXMiRnA

Daiyousei by Arima
Sunny Milk by Hetyo

I am the one playing as Daiyousei.

Daiyousei is really fun to play as I have to say. Sunny is too, and while originally I wanted Sunny Milk to fight someone else, like Lily White, I decided to go with this. It was originally Daiyousei vs Cirno, but the Soku Cirno I had was broken (it cloned itself massively...), so I went with this instead.

And eventually I'll replace that EVE screenpack...I just need to remember how to change screenpacks ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncjxQSaJ-JU

Koakuma by Som
Patchouli Knowledge by Kurogane

I am the one playing as Koakuma.

My god...I don't recall Kurogane's stuff being so hard to fight! I've attempted this way too many times when trying to record this, and this is the only time I got THIS far. Though I think I didn't get to show off the one super I wanted to show off...pity. Koakuma's pretty fun to play as well, though getting used to setting up her traps and such is kinda...hard? Especially when going from my normal Soku controls to MUGEN controls, which are completely different!

AnonymousPondScum

Re: Xenomic's MUGEN series!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
I take it you'll be giving a Miko Hakurei a spin at some point, given her origins?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »
I'll give her a spin at some point I suppose. Just like I'll be giving Tenma a spin...or rather, I'll be fighting Tenma later, as scary as that sounds...

EDIT - I do still need to think of matchups to do. Of note, I'm trying to keep the matchups as closely "related" as possible. Though it seems that some of these stages don't like to work with the blasted thing I'm using atm so...

Current Lineup as of right now:

Daiyousei vs Sunny Milk [DONE]
Koakuma vs Patchouli [DONE]
Mystia vs Kyouko
Shikieiki vs Komachi
Yuugi vs Suika
Nue vs Mamizou
Flandre vs Remilia
Koishi vs Satori
Yuuka vs Mima
Medicine vs Alice
Shanghai vs Marisa
Kanako vs Suwako
Mokou vs Kaguya
Akyuu vs Keine
Kasen vs Miko
Yorihime vs Reisen
Reisen II vs Tewi
Momiji vs Tenma
Rinnosuke vs Yukari
Kogasa vs Sanae
Nazrin vs Shou
Byakuren vs Shinki
Rin vs Utsuho
Chen vs Wriggle
Lily White vs Letty
Minoriko vs Shizuha
Yamame vs Kisume
Hatate vs Aya
Nitori vs Yumemi

So yeah, big list there. Oldies might be fighting more than once (i.e. Koakuma might show up again later) since it's hard to come up with ideas for matchups....

EDIT - List updated and changed a bit.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:13:10 PM by Xenomic »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:04 AM »
Yuugi vs Suika
Nue vs Mamizou
Yuuka vs Mima
Yorihime vs Reisen
Reisen II vs Tewi
Nazrin vs Shou
Byakuren vs Shinki

Awwwww yeaaaah.

* Stealthy Shooty STALKER plunks down and waits eagerly

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
There's a good chunk not listed either that I have no idea to do with. They are as follows:

In the actual games:

Yuyuko
Youmu
Iku
Tenshi
Meiling
Sakuya

MUGEN specific

Yuugenmagen
Konngara
Kikuri
Yumemi
Yuki
Gengetsu
Wriggle
Advent Cirno
Ichirin
Hina
Hatate
Rumia (probably not going to use)
Kisume
Yamame
Parsee
Minoriko
Shizuha
Nitori
Lily White/Black
Letty
EX Keine
Kedama
Namazu (if it isn't the joke one)
Murasa
Mugetsu (probably won't use)
Yoshika
Eirin

Quite a bit indeed....@_@;;

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 08:53:24 AM »
Either Advent Cirno vs Rumia or Advent Cirno vs Utsuho, to determine once and for all who will claim the title of Baka-Empress of Youkaikind. :getdown:

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »
And some screenshots, so you guys see what's going on:

Everything works fine here!

And then this happens. You can barely see P1's character, let alone you cannot see P2 anywhere nor can you see what stages you're choosing...I don't know if this screenpack just doesn't like my MUGEN or if it's how Kurogane designed it or what. Not that I'll be seeing it much, aside from probably having to choose stages manually that won't work with MWC such as Kourindou, Chireiden, and such.

Courtesy of a friend of mine. However, the only downside is that it overlaps the life whenever it's low, and the blasted special bar is in the way of the cards (of which the EVE screenpack previously had the same problem...).  Also, for some reason, some of these stages are REALLY bloated up in size...and I don't know why. Either it's just how they're made, my screenpack, or....I don't know!

So yeah, that's that. Any suggestions on that bit would be welcomed!

Also, list has been updated as I've reworked it a bit, so see my previous post on that!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:22 PM »
Looks like Dai's a sorta-edit of Len/WLen from Melty. I recognized the vanishing tricks, and that flip-kick that had the ball following it.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
I wouldn't know mostly due to never playing Melty Blood :S

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
Here, give this a look.
Lotta moves from Dai's pool can be originally found here, like her spin move.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 04:26:50 AM »
Ah, interesting. And really, I think it's rather fitting too. Too bad I couldn't figure out how to make use of her other specials that she has...I know she has a Light Arrow type super, but I don't know how to use it :S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHWpoiAGVmk

Mystia Lorelei by Minoo
Kyouko Kasodani by Minoo

I am the one playing as Mystia.

Minoo's characters are really fun to play as! The only downside is that they lack in AI, as you can see from Kyouko here...I know there's AI patches for them, but I dread to think of how much buffed they got made...if anyone knows, care to tell me??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Unnuz0AG0U

Shikieiki Yamaxanadu by nemnin
Komachi Onozuka by Mikage

I am the one playing as Shikieiki.

Shikieiki feels...very weird. As though she's not FULLY complete, if that makes sense? Also, a lot of her moves don't seem...very Shikieiki like?? I dunno...at least her supers are her actual spellcards. Also, is it just me, or does Mikage's AI not that good as well? Maybe they have AI patches too? But again, how buffed up are they??

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 10:45:10 PM »
Truth be told, I've been looking into getting into Mugen, and I think Dai would be a great first addition once I do get it.

Mystia seems almost like she's...I dunno, missing something. She doesn't have that feel that Dai gives off.
Koa looks like she'd be fun to use though. I'll have to look into getting her too.

Fun fact: Eiki's voices? Ciel's. Also from Melty! As heard here.
Interesting, no? She also seems to play slightly like her, according to the video.

Either way it goes though, I'm definitely adding the touhou girls to the roster first off. Wonder how long it'll take for the download? :dragonforce:
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 04:12:52 AM »
Most don't take that long to download really, unless they're super huge in filesizes. Most tend to be roughly 2-20 MB, if that.

Mystia plays more like Wolverine than anything else, and the AI patch I heard for her makes her spam her Berserker Barrage type move over and over and over...I'll be talking about AIs later on (tomorrow's videos is a prime example of the kind I think are bull and shouldn't exist at all. Kurogane's is frustrating yes, but it's still doable. Nachel's? Not acceptable at all I think. I hate AI that reads inputs and counters perfectly, I really do...).

On a sidenote, uploading 2 vids right now, so will post those in a few. I did do 5 more vids today, and well...that's where the issue of AI comes into play (AI patches in particular), but again, I'll get to that when I get to that. Just note the particular fight that it's in, and well...yeah...

Koakuma and Daiyousei are both really fun IMO, and I did figure out how to use more of Daiyousei's supers too (apparently a button I wasn't using at all was what was needed for her Light Arrow type super and Kamehameha type super). Still need to see all of Koakuma's though...I didn't get to show off her 22B/C grab or 22B/C grab Super at all :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yywDLCfcp54

Yuugi Hoshiguma by Minoo
Suika Ibuki by Aotsuki

I am the one playing as Yuugi.

Yuugi is the hit hard and hit fast kind of character, which you kinda need for this kind of fight. Unfortunately, due to the lack of grazing, she can't win this fight at all. Once you hit that specific spellcard, good luck...you're not doing it. Suika's actually rather fun to fight I think, moreso than Kurogane's stuff (and moreso than Nachel's).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksKlfzZic2Y

Nue Houjuu by Suneo
Mamizou Futatsuiwa by Minoo

I am the one playing as Nue.

I dunno...there's something weird about how fast Nue's 214 attack hits. Everything else seemed fine to me though with her! And once again, we get to see the lack of AI in Minoo's characters, but from what I've been told, the AI patches for his characters are a bit...retarded. As in, you get no chance to do anything at all. You'll hear me talk about AIs in the next video description a bit, but you'll really hear more about AI patches in a later video description.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 04:14:42 AM by Xenomic »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »
So, for the bit that's got all the touhous you have, how big a filesize are we talking?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 09:45:28 PM »
Well, considering I have like....a lot of different versions of various Touhous and whatnot because there's quite a few...let's see...my character folder is 5.63 GB. Again though, this is because I have a lot of different characters and whatnot, so keep that in mind. The largest one I've seen so far I think is Pikapon's Tewi, and that's because he puts a lot of stuff in that. Unzipped that thing is 86.6 MB...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:57:20 PM »
Okay, large enough to be hefty, but small enough on a newer rig to not be a problem, eh?
Well, seems like things are gonna be looking up for me once I get my new laptop sometime by the year's end.
(Because like hell I'm upgrading to 8 so soon after release, when 7's still a perfectly viable OS.)

I am going to have so much stuff to kill time with once that rolls around. :dragonforce:
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
Aye. For someone like me, that 5 GB is a killer (I only have like 140 GB space on this computer, and 50% of that is taken up by other things), so I'm forced to keep all of my MUGEN stuff on my external (yay for 1 TB external!), since I do have more than just Touhou characters and stages and whatnot.

On a sidenote, tonight's fights is where you'll probably be hearing me griping about AIs hardcore. And well, once you see the vids, you'll understand why. The Flandre vs Remilia fight literally took me 1-2 hours to do, because I kept redoing it. Again, I don't mind tough AI, but mind-reading AI is a no-no, and getting a good video out of THAT is really hard. It was hard enough to get a decent video against Suika and Patchouli, and those aren't even mind-reading AIs...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:50 PM »
Makes sense. I have an external myself because of a little incident with my old laptop where I needed to save stuff, and it was gonna be too expensive to have the repair folks do it for me.
(Turns out the OS broke kinda. I didn't find this out until after all was said and done. Oh well, learn from your mistakes and all that jazz!)

Wow, so they were borderline MK Walker+SNK Boss, eh?
Fun. /sarcasm

But then again, I do enjoy a big challenge, and I think most of the difficulty against those two was due to the characters you had.
Koa - Setup Type, requires a little work to go 100%. And against a spammy type, will have trouble.
Yuugi - Rushdown Type with no Graze ability, against a similar rusher with numerous grazable attacks.

On another note, how difficult is it to actually make a character? Because I've got a few concepts in mind from watching some of these vids.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 10:19:19 PM »
Well, all of Kurogane's characters (Patchouli, Yuyuko, Reimu, Youmu, Yukari, etc.) by default are on Lunatic difficulty (you can adjust it to Normal, Lunatic, or Phantasm in the Options file), so there's also that. Though I can accept Kurogane's stuff being difficult, if it's like that in IaMP. I never played IaMP so no idea how tough those AIs really are. And Aotsuki's I'd assume are the same way (though I see no AI adjuster on his stuff). Just yeah, SNK boss syndrome (or SNK Boss Syndrome+ in this case, because those AIs tend to spam things moreso than read you I think).

Yeah, I didn't really set up with Koakuma at all with her books, which seemed to be one of her biggest offense. I probably should've at least tried to use those more often, but then again, that'd assume I wasn't being bombarded by attacks. And the fact that all of these lifebars I'm using seem to hide the cards, that doesn't help matters at all either...

Yuugi's only problem is the lack of grazing aye, but luckily that wasn't TOO big of an issue until that one spellcard at the end (and even if I did beat that, I'd still have Pandemonium to go through, and I don't think Yuugi would've been able to do it).

The Yuuka I was using had a similar problem to Yuugi, though she plays a lot differently, and I was using a year old version instead of the latest (oops!), so she didn't even have a dash or graze. Felt a bit spammy in her fight against Mima, but I had no choice in THAT fight....Mima was hellava aggressive like you wouldn't believe @_@;;

As for making a character? You'd have to know the inner workings of MUGEN, and that requires time to learn. It's like teaching yourself how to learn coding a game and whatnot...so basically, it all comes down to how well you understand and can make complicated coding and whatnot.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
Ugh, that's gonna take a while then. Well, good thing there's the internet to help with that!
You probably should've updated your Yuuka though, if there's a new version out. Probably woulda made the fight a lot easier.

But ah well, some characters just don't do too well against others. That's a fact of life, the universe, and everything. (Not to be confused with the ANSWER to all that, which is 42.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »
Actually, I think the dash made the fight against Mima HARDER, simply because Yuuka has nothing to attack with out of her grazing. Especially considering that Mima is full-on Soku/SWR style, and plays like it too (think of a Marisa, but a BETTER Marisa. That's how her gameplay is...and she's not afraid to just punch away your guard, mind you!).

Yeah, that's true. Much like how the aforementioned Koakuma and Yuugi didn't fare too well against who they fought (well, Yuugi did a lot better than Koakuma...), Yuuka was at a disadvantage. And I dread to think of how the Rinnosuke vs Yukari fight is going to go, since Yukari is also by Kurogane...@_@;;

On top of that, there's still Tenma and Hakurei Miko both to go through, as well as Gengetsu at some point. Those 3 alone are terrifying to even think about. ;__;

I do plan on some point to actually SHOW off the characters, as in what they're capable of doing (like I only showed 2 of Yuuka's 5-6 supers for instance, and I think I showed off maybe 1-2 of Koakuma's spellcards and 1 alt skill? I don't know...I didn't get a chance to show off that much...). That's IF the demand is high enough for that though, since I AM using FRAPs to record (and FRAPs filesizes are terrible even at half-size...takes 1 hour for a 8 minute video to convert....;_;)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 10:44:32 PM »
Well, if you gotta, downgrade the difficulty for Yukari so you at least have a chance at winning. (Because that's how Spellcard Duels work yo, they give both parties an equal shot at winning. But you probably already knew that.)

But still, that Mima sounds like it might be right up my alley, given my decent-ness with Marisa in Soku.
Just more stuff to add to the eventual roster, eh?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:02 PM »
Hoho....I myself haven't played Soku in months, but I've been feeling the urge to play it a bit. Just nobody to play with (yeah yeah, I could go to IRC and whatnot, but don't feel like playing people on there).

I guess I'm just used to fighting hard AIs and whatnot, since that's what I do in every fighting game ever, and do fine against those (Soul Calibur II Ultra Hard AI is just silly. Guard Impacts all day long from both sides, and a single fight takes like 10-20 minutes just to finish...). But if I must, I will since I know she'll have her IaMP spellcards (and I have no idea if Rinnosuke, or any of KON's characters for that matter, have graze or dash at all. :S  )

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2012, 11:20:02 PM »
Despite being okayish with Marisa, I actually play best with Remilia. That kinda character with a mix of agressiveness and confusing is the kinda character I play best.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »
Mayhaps we should play sometime, if you have direct IP connection or something~ I tend to play best with Reimu/Suika/Komachi~

In any case, I haven't recorded anything today. Felt like taking a break, and since today involves one of Pre-To's characters, and like 2-3 Kurogane's, I felt it'd be a good idea to do so, since ya know, last couple days have been utterly frustrating with a few fights ^^;

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »
Eh, I used to use hamachi. Or more recently, Soku Lobby.

But yeah, if you gotta take a break, you gotta take a break. That's just how it goes man.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 11:38:20 PM »
I have Soku Lobby luckily, so I could always use that. Hamachi I used to use but then Hamachi got lame...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 11:45:33 PM »
Yeah, only 5 to a room for unregistered users? Screw that.
Anyhow, we'll have to give it a go sometime. Maybe tomorrow.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »
Perhaps tomorrow~ Assuming that we can connect and that it doesn't lag too terribly bad~ I'm probably going to be super rusty though, just a forewarning lol...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 11:59:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeSqDNQJLhk

Flandre Scarlet by Kurogane
Remilia Scarlet by Nachel
Stage: Garden of Sorrow
Music: Septette For the Dead Princess by Takashi

Ho boy...this is an example of a no-no AI. Nachel's AI practically button reads your inputs and counters perfectly, like...every time. Go to attack at any time? Get hit by Demon Lord Cradle or Red the Nightless Castle/Scarlet Devil. Go to use a projectile? Get hit by Demon Lord Walk. And then there's other things that are just what. I don't MIND hard AI, like Kurogane's, but this is just no. I COULD have easily just gimped the entire fight by abusing Lavaeteinn in the corner every time I knocked Remilia down, but I wanted this to be somewhat interesting!

Also, that Starbow Break may or may not have been lucky. Since again, I can't see what cards I have...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJqRbk0KyK8

Koishi Komeiji by Chiguma
Satori Koemiji by Hetyo
Stage: Chireiden by Luneth
Music: Satori Maiden ~ 3rd Eye by t=Node

Again, Hetyo's characters don't have much AI, but Satori there was trying her hardest darnit! I'm not sure if I have the right version of Koishi either, since it says there's other moves she can do, but I couldn't do them (or I was doing them dumb...). In any case, Koishi does have one other super, which is a close-range attack, but I decided to stick with Release of the Id since as you can see, it's kinda insanely good.