Author Topic: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.6 released!  (Read 179536 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.4 has arrived!
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »
Might as well give you all an update on the game's progress.

Chapter 4 is 95% complete. All major bosses (barring
Spoiler:
Mima
and a couple sub-bosses) have been finished, and enemy and chest placement is well underway. I have no idea about a release date yet, but it's definitely going to be sometime next month, if not earlier (it really depends on how fast I can finish
Spoiler:
Mima
and the aforementioned sub-bosses.)

Now, I don't really have any new pictures or videos to show you at the moment, so I'll give all of you a small peek at the next version's changelog instead:

*Note, this is not the full changelog. It's just an excerpt from it.
Changes:
-A new superboss (Because why the hell not?) that is MUCH harder than Lunatic Flandre. Some level grinding may be required.
-Some typos corrected.
-You can no longer guard against Marisa's Master Spark, and its damage has been increased.
-Some bosses will now punish you for using haste.
-Cirno now learns Slow at level 8.
-All characters can now learn their "ultimate" spells.
Spoiler:
(Except Rumia.)
-Yet another new superboss. (Ha ha. Good luck with this one. It's harder than the one I mentioned earlier!)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2015, 12:48:08 AM »
Phew, after two brief periods of absence from my computer (and a minor case of procrastination :P) work on this game is speeding up again.

First of all, I'd like to say that I've finally finished
Spoiler:
Mima
, though one of her current overworld sprites has to be one of the worst-looking placeholders in the game so far. Her current battle sprite also isn't exactly as I want it to be, but I'll just have to work with it for now.
There's also this preview video for one of the sub-bosses.

As for a release date, I'd say soon. Perhaps within the next two weeks ;)

EDIT:
Just a small thing to say:
A youtuber called  レミング Lemming has generously allowed me to use one of his compositions (A remix/mashup of Himorogi, Burn in Violet and Decisive Battle) in the game. In return, I'm giving him a mention here.
He currently has a rather small youtube channel with a couple of Touhou song mashups with RPG music. (The aforementioned Himorogi remix being one of them.)
His work actually sounds quite good, so you should check it out!
His channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS56dhNIf-z_dgH9RM-9xGA

Oh, and if you're wondering what I'm going to use that Himorogi remix for, it's going to be one of the boss themes for chapter 5, so unfortunately you won't be able to hear it in-game when the next version comes out. However, there is a very good chance it will be featured in the first chapter 5 preview.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:29:34 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #302 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:49 AM »
Progress is ahead of schedule!
I finally finished enemy and chest placement for chapter 4, meaning all I really have to do now is some final playtesting and a couple last minute tweaks before I release Alpha v.5!

This means that the next version will be released sometime in the next few days!

Oh, and NEET, you know those Divine Kedama overworld sprites you made for me a while back?
Well, I edited them a bit to make it more clear about what's actually going on during the cutscene. I hope this is okay with you.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:41:12 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #303 on: July 23, 2015, 06:43:23 AM »
Oh, and NEET, you know those Divine Kedama overworld sprites you made for me a while back?
Well, I edited them a bit to make it more clear about what's actually going on during the cutscene. I hope this is okay with you.
That's fine, can I see the edited version at least?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2015, 06:45:59 AM »
That's fine, can I see the edited version at least?

Sure thing!
[attach=1]
Your sprites are the third group. Only the very top and very bottom rows are actually used in game. (You may notice that they display a lot more emotion now.)

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »
Your sprites are the third group. Only the very top and very bottom rows are actually used in game. (You may notice that they display a lot more emotion now.)
Wow, they certainly look nicer.  All I did was only adding the horn after all.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (Touhou RPG) - Alpha v.5 is here!
« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2015, 03:12:23 AM »
It's finally here:

Alpha v.5 - Chapter 4
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e31dtldfg96o544/9QuestAlpha5.exe
*NOTE: Your previous save files will be incompatible with this version! I'm sorry, but because I was forced to expand the bestiary to accommodate all the new enemies and bosses, older save files will no longer work. On the bright side, it is very unlikely this will ever happen again, because there is now more than enough unused slots in the bestiary to fill in for the future versions. Besides, I recommend you start over with this version anyway, because of the new early-game features.

Changes:
-Chapters 3 and 4 complete!
-Added Bhava-agra.
-Added Sealed Abyss.
-A new superboss (Because why the hell not?) that is MUCH harder than Lunatic Flandre. Some level grinding may be required.
-An area that allows for quick level grinding has been added to help with those who wish to tackle said superboss. (I hope you all get good at killing tons of liquid metal slimes...)
-Bad Ending 1 (It's actually more of a non-standard game over than an ending...) added.
-Cirno's "Hailstorm" spell was removed and replaced with "Perfect Freeze" and is now learned at level 21.
-New combos: "Polarity Bomb", and "Arctic Gale" added.
-Kanako and Suwako's battle BGM was dummied out. They now use Night Falls Evening Star as their BGM.
-Some typos corrected.
-You can no longer guard against Marisa's Master Spark, and its damage has been increased.
-Tranquility and Purge now affect Blind and Sleep.
-Reimu's AI has been changed. She now always uses Fantasy Seal the turn before using Fantasy Heaven, and she she will counter all magic that is cast while under the effects of haste with Duplex Barrier.
-Some bosses will now punish you for using haste.
-Cirno now learns Slow at level 8, a very useful spell for catching those pesky Metal Slimes. Provided you can cast it before they run away...
-All characters can now learn their "ultimate" spells. (Except
Spoiler:
Rumia.
)
-Most of the Metal Slimes on lower Youkai mountain were removed because they were too easy to catch. However, the aformentioned level grind area serves as their replacement.
-Yet another new superboss. (Ha ha. Good luck with this one.)
-A couple early-game monsters-in-boxes added.
-Metal Slimes and their kin were changed. They have less HP, but are now immune to nearly all forms of magic, will outspeed the party, and are much more prone to fleeing. Advanced forms now have a higher than average evasion rate. The good thing though, is that you now have access to Slow.
-Began the long process of changing all of the .mp3 files used for the first half of the game into .ogg vorbis files. It may not be noticeable now, but when this process is complete the size of the music files will be greatly decreased. Which would lead to a slightly smaller file size overall. This will also cause some tracks to have proper loops now, the most noticeable one so far being the Chrono Trigger boss theme.

Known Bugs:
-Single target enemy healing spells will all target the same enemy.
-The enemy spell "Reraise" does not work.
-If a boss is killed by something it can counter, it will use its counter attack immediately after dying, potentially causing a Kaizo Trap, depending on the boss.
-Humorously, Cagnazzo can counter himself.
-Plus all the old ones that weren't fixed yet.

Tips/Secrets:
-Use all of your consumable items (Yes, this means your Elixirs and Megalixirs too.) BEFORE starting Chapter 4
Spoiler:
(Preferably during Chapter 3's final battle.)
. You'll see why.
Spoiler:
(Don't worry though, you'll get more!)
Spoiler:
-Related to the above, do not take the contents of the chest in the SDM basement unless you either A. have cleared chapter 4, or B. are confident enough that you can defeat Flandre before starting Chapter 4.
-Bring Excalipoor to a certain area of the Abyss to upgrade it.

Here's a celebratory video of Chapter 4's final battle. (MAJOR spoilers ahead. But then again, if you've been following this thread, you already know who it is.): https://youtu.be/B4XtvNRsHlE
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:19:58 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

flanchanransan

« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2015, 04:12:59 AM »
Yay!  It's finally here!  Since my birthday is tomorrow, I'll consider this an early birthday present. :p

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:34:25 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2015, 05:33:12 PM »
Naz, what is this?
"Video is private."
I can't see it. Please change it to unlisted.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2015, 02:34:44 AM »
"Video is private."
I can't see it. Please change it to unlisted.
Ooops..... Sorry about that. Fixed.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #311 on: July 25, 2015, 02:38:24 AM »
Oh, that? That's an uncommon enemy you'll encounter later the game. I thought it would make a great early-game Monster-in-a-Box

Also, what the hell is going on with your video? It's shifting around in a very trippy way.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #312 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:10 AM »
It's not fun getting killed early by some asshole.

Youtube video fixer, I guess we can't trust it for everything.

Edit: it should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:23:18 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #313 on: July 25, 2015, 03:11:03 AM »
It's not fun getting killed early by some asshole.

Youtube video fixer, I guess we can't trust it for everything.
I never use the video fixer :P

And I suppose I can change the death mask to a different enemy if enough people complain about it. (Or I can just move it to the upper floor of the mansion, so you can't fight it until you've beaten Yukari, and by that point you should be much stronger.)

« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2015, 09:10:41 AM »
I've played through the most of chapter 3 and, while it was pretty enjoyable so far, there are several things I want to address or comment about:

Where are other early-game MIABs? Changelog says there'a couple of them, yet I only found the Death Mask. (And yes, it's too powerful for the early SDM)

YuugenMagan's new counter is, well, bad. A high-level spell that's a guaranteed party wipe at this point isn't a good counter idea. Especially the spell it doesn't even normally use. And you still can enhance Cirno with Apparitions and have her and Mystia spam Freeze and Sphingid's Wingbeats, and it still overpowers YuugenMagan's heal... so what was the point?

Didn't like new Metal Slimes. It's all about luck now. Also, considering there's a Liquid Metal Slime in the pre-chapter 3 Lower Mountain, it also hurts balance, since beating that slime with low-level party gives you enough EXP to make next areas and bosses quite a bit easier.

Excalipoor is still ridiculous. Less ridiculous than before, sure, but it's enough to turn most chapter 3 bosses (Edit: apparently most chapter 4 bosses too) into chumps. Seriously, if that upgrade is going to take away the ability to throw the sword, I'm not going to get it. Oh, and you still can attack with it while disarmed.

*skipping Tenshi, Iku and those two minibosses because who cares about them if you have Excalipoor*

Namazu is pretty much just the meat shield. Maybe it's because my party tends to be overpowered, but even to Tenshi he wasn't that big of a threat. He simply doesn't have high power attacks (Thrash, Torrent and Earthquake aren't very powerful, everything else isn't even worth mentioning). He used Tsunami in the very beginning of the battle, so why doesn't he use it anymore?

Then there is chapter 3 superboss... who is undefeatable, because each time you deal him enough damage (around 16000, I think), he goes into his 2nd form and apparently fully heals himself.

Edit: Well, there went chapter 4 too. So:

Do I still need to write about Excalipoor?

Chapter 4 superboss was more long than hard.
Spoiler:
First Reimu with 7200 HP,
Spoiler:
then Zuh with 20000,
Spoiler:
then SuwakoEX with 36000,
Spoiler:
then Flandre with 49500,
Spoiler:
then a phase from chapter 3 superboss with over 60000 HP
Spoiler:
and then an original phase with around 30000 HP
. So, the whole thing has more than
Spoiler:
HP. And all phases are tiered here, with every next phase being harder (except maybe the last one).
Spoiler:
So if you are powerful enough to take on last two phases, you have to blast through more than 110000 HP worth of phases that aren't much of a threat anymore.
It's...not very fun.

You can block the paths of Tenshi and Kogasa with your teammates during examining the escape portal, freezing the game.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:00:23 PM by Searinox119 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #315 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »
Where are other early-game MIABs? Changelog says there'a couple of them, yet I only found the Death Mask. (And yes, it's too powerful for the early SDM)
Huh, I thought I added a second one somewhere down the line, but the more I think about it I think I did only add the Death Mask. Sorry for the confusion.
I'll move the Death Mask to the second floor of the SDM then, so that the party is strong enough to take the spells it can dish out.

YuugenMagan's new counter is, well, bad. A high-level spell that's a guaranteed party wipe at this point isn't a good counter idea. Especially the spell it doesn't even normally use. And you still can enhance Cirno with Apparitions and have her and Mystia spam Freeze and Sphingid's Wingbeats, and it still overpowers YuugenMagan's heal... so what was the point?
It was meant to punish players for using haste against the boss.
Anyway, I think I've come up with a better, less instantly lethal solution to the problem. You'll get to see it in the next version.

Didn't like new Metal Slimes. It's all about luck now. Also, considering there's a Liquid Metal Slime in the pre-chapter 3 Lower Mountain, it also hurts balance, since beating that slime with low-level party gives you enough EXP to make next areas and bosses quite a bit easier.
Metal slimes are supposed to be luck based. It makes them harder to exploit.

Excalipoor is still ridiculous. Less ridiculous than before, sure, but it's enough to turn most chapter 3 bosses (Edit: apparently most chapter 4 bosses too) into chumps. Seriously, if that upgrade is going to take away the ability to throw the sword, I'm not going to get it. Oh, and you still can attack with it while disarmed.
I'll fix that.

Namazu is pretty much just the meat shield. Maybe it's because my party tends to be overpowered, but even to Tenshi he wasn't that big of a threat. He simply doesn't have high power attacks (Thrash, Torrent and Earthquake aren't very powerful, everything else isn't even worth mentioning). He used Tsunami in the very beginning of the battle, so why doesn't he use it anymore?
Namazu has a ton of health because he was designed in a way that a typical player is supposed to rely on Tenshi's Keystone attack to shave off massive chunks of his HP, but a overleveled or patient player can also defeat it conventionally if they wanted to.
As for Tsunami, it was meant as a preemptive attempt to KO some party members. I didn't want to use it multiple times during the battle because it has a rare chance of causing a Total Party Kill every time it's cast. If it happened halfway through the battle, it would be quite infuriating to players.

(With Cagnazzo, it's a different story, because you can actually prevent his Tsunami attack.)

Then there is chapter 3 superboss... who is undefeatable, because each time you deal him enough damage (around 16000, I think), he goes into his 2nd form and apparently fully heals himself.
He actually has 6 phases, and the most amount of HP of any boss in the game. His phase changes at 95% (the one you witnessed), 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% HP. 

Chapter 4 superboss was more long than hard.
Spoiler:
First Reimu with 7200 HP,
Spoiler:
then Zuh with 20000,
Spoiler:
then SuwakoEX with 36000,
Spoiler:
then Flandre with 49500,
Spoiler:
then a phase from chapter 3 superboss with over 60000 HP
Spoiler:
and then an original phase with around 30000 HP
. So, the whole thing has more than
Spoiler:
HP. And all phases are tiered here, with every next phase being harder (except maybe the last one).
Spoiler:
So if you are powerful enough to take on last two phases, you have to blast through more than 110000 HP worth of phases that aren't much of a threat anymore.
It's...not very fun.
It was like that with the original version, too. (The reason it goes so fast is because the video shows an overleveled party and the original used relatively weaker bosses for the first few phases.)

You can block the paths of Tenshi and Kogasa with your teammates during examining the escape portal, freezing the game.
I already addressed this on the bug list on the OP.
It will be fixed in the next version. (Or bugfix, if it comes to that.)

« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2015, 08:06:23 PM »
He actually has 6 phases, and the most amount of HP of any boss in the game. His phase changes at 95% (the one you witnessed), 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% HP. 

...I'm not sure if you understood what I was talking about, so I'll try to explain again.
The problem is that he always goes into 2nd phase upon reaching 95% HP. Always. Repeatedly. Each time his HP reaches 95%, he goes into 2nd phase. It doesn't matter if he is already in 2nd phase, he will still go into 2nd phase and heal himself.
Just in case, here is a 10-minute fight record with him.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2015, 08:14:04 PM »
...I'm not sure if you understood what I was talking about, so I'll try to explain again.
The problem is that he always goes into 2nd phase upon reaching 95% HP. Always. Repeatedly. Each time his HP reaches 95%, he goes into 2nd phase. It doesn't matter if he is already in 2nd phase, he will still go into 2nd phase and heal himself.
Just in case, here is a 10-minute fight record with him.
Okay, I see the problem now. It's an easy fix.
Once the next version or bugfix comes out, you'll have the full
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
experience.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, here's a first look at chapter 5.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:19:30 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »

Blame me for that. I tried provoking some of the bosses with haste and whoa, it's like a disproportionate retribution to the extreme.

You can't reliably kill Liquid Metal Snake Slime with low level. It just shrugged anyone with ATK less than 60 (unless you managed to insert Mooned Insect and that still take a lot of luck)

« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
You can't reliably kill Liquid Metal Snake Slime with low level. It just shrugged anyone with ATK less than 60 (unless you managed to insert Mooned Insect and that still take a lot of luck)
Moonlit Ray can be used, which always deals some damage. Throw in Paradox Knife and Haste, and it becomes pretty easy to cash in on that slime with a pre-Makai party. And post-Makai there is Wondershot, which really simplifies Metal Slime and Liquid Metal Slime grinding.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:29:21 PM by Searinox119 »

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2015, 02:17:37 AM »
Sometimes I feel like this game updates too fast for me to play it, probably because I suck at RPG games.
Keep getting rekt by all the super b0sses.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2015, 04:07:10 AM »
Sometimes I feel like this game updates too fast for me to play it, probably because I suck at RPG games.
Keep getting rekt by all the super b0sses.
Some of the superbosses are not that hard just  time consuming and irritating.

I beat Flandre at lvl 17 once. I just used haste + Ill Starred Dive (she won't counter it). Just prepare for a long battle, watch out for Laevateiin and manage your elixir carefully.

Lunatic Flandre on the other hand.....

I still haven't found a way to fight Divine Mirror EX and I don't want to kill it.

For Zuh, you just have to be fast at dealing him. Sic him with supercharged Ill Starred Dive and don't attack at 3rd turn, also watch out for his powerful wind magic and Doom Dance.

Suwako EX is just plain Marathon Boss. It took me about 20 minutes to beat her at lvl 21. Her attack is powerful but as long as you have Group Heal you should be fine. Don't let her regenerate as it is a percentage based healing and be careful of Smite and Frog Squash. Sic her with Supercharged Perfect Freeze.

The 3rd chapter superboss is just impossible to beat.

I haven't reached the Abyss so maybe Searinox119 could give you a hint.

"Supercharged" refers to my combination of Haste + Apparition Stalks the Night to achieve Massive Damage.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:19:22 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2015, 05:14:27 AM »
So, as you all know, I'm working on Chapter 5 right now.

Chapter 5 is probably the most important chapter in terms of side-quests, because what you do here will affect whether or not you get the game's good ending. I'll be giving players a choice of either doing four long sidequests centered around one of the party members, or just proceeding directly to chapter 6.

Anyway, speaking of these sidequests, I decided to do a bit of preliminary sprite editing for the sidequest I've put the most thought into so far, and I thought I'd give you guys a bit of a preview.

Here's the sprites. (It's SPOILERTASTIC!) Enjoy. (I'm also sorry if they all look horrible.)
Anyway, if you don't mind spoilers, I'd also like to ask you for your opinion. Which of the three variants looks the best to you? I'm trying to decide which one I want to use. I'm currently leaning towards the one on the far right (The "winged" one.)

Also, please note that you will probably not see any of the four sidequests in the next version, because I'm working on the Bad Ending route for the last two chapters first. Consider this more like "Planning ahead."

« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2015, 07:51:10 AM »
I'll be giving players a choice of either doing four long sidequests centered around one of the party members, or just proceeding directly to chapter 6.
Wait, so all sidequests would center around one single party member? Or I'm misreading something and each party member would have her own sidequest?

Anyway, if you don't mind spoilers, I'd also like to ask you for your opinion. Which of the three variants looks the best to you? I'm trying to decide which one I want to use. I'm currently leaning towards the one on the far right (The "winged" one.)
Well, drawing aside, I prefer the third variant (with wings).
Though there is one design question. Why is True Rumia using a flame sword? She is an embodiment or darkness, so her wielding a sword that radiates light is... weird, to say the least.

Also, please note that you will probably not see any of the four sidequests in the next version, because I'm working on the Bad Ending route for the last two chapters first. Consider this more like "Planning ahead."
So the next version is not going to have a complete chapter 5?

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2015, 11:39:11 AM »
I'm a sucker at finding secrets, when it comes to finding Bad End though....

Edit: Finally at chapter 4. Now I understand why this version takes so long to complete. The Abyss is a very dangerous place. I usually steam-rolled most of the bosses with haste + buff, that's why now some bosses between chapter 1-2 harshly counter haste. In chapter 4, Even when I used haste, the bosses will still keep me on the edge (probably due to the lack of item). Also, some of the bosses now have unique characteristic and gimmick so you never know what comes up next.

Strangely, chapter 4 looks more like a Final Fantasy rather than Mystic Quest. Usually, enemies in an area can be classified as Fairy, Greater Fairy, and a unique enemy so you can expect what comes next. In chapter 4, there's actually a variation in between area, each with their own characteristic (and also it's difficult to run from them). The enemies combined with lack of resources will keep you on the edge at all time. This is a good game design.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:17:38 PM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2015, 06:14:21 PM »
Wait, so all sidequests would center around one single party member? Or I'm misreading something and each party member would have her own sidequest?
Well, all the sidequests are going to start off rather normal, but at some point during the quest the focus shifts around one of the party members.

For example, Rumia's sidequest (The one I've fleshed out the most so far) starts off with
Spoiler:
heading to Eientei to see if they need any help, and the party is tasked with searching for Reisen, who has gone missing. Eventually the search leads to them finding Reisen underground, of all places, which eventually leads to a battle with Utsuho. Rumia's amulet gets damaged in the fight and she becomes comatose as her old personality tries to take over. The rest of the quest focuses on reviving Rumia. Completing it allows Rumia to learn her ultimate spell, gives her her strongest weapon, and allows the player to equip accessories on her.

Well, drawing aside, I prefer the third variant (with wings).
Though there is one design question. Why is True Rumia using a flame sword? She is an embodiment or darkness, so her wielding a sword that radiates light is... weird, to say the least.
It's not fire. It's supposed to be a red aura.

So the next version is not going to have a complete chapter 5?
Probably not. However it will have Chapter 6, in addition to the "Main" section of Chapter 5.

Usually, enemies in an area can be classified as Fairy, Greater Fairy, and a unique enemy so you can expect what comes next. In chapter 4, there's actually a variation in between area, each with their own characteristic (and also it's difficult to run from them). The enemies combined with lack of resources will keep you on the edge at all time. This is a good game design.
Yeah, and this was also the place where I decided to experiment with Demonic Spiders. (I think the rather uncommon Chaotic Wisp has to be the most notable.)

Oh, and I thought of another idea to make Haste less of a Game Breaker/Disc One Nuke and more of Awesome, But Impractical. But I won't implement it if you guys are against it.

Anyway, it's as simple as making the Pocketwatch no longer a guaranteed drop from Sakuya. However, the trade-off is that that players can now re-fight Sakuya as many times as they want until she drops it, minus the XP gain (So no using her to grind levels.). Alternatively, if the player does not feel like fighting her many times, they can just wait until the endgame and find it in a chest.
How does this sound?

« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
It's not fire. It's supposed to be a red aura.
Even so, the point was that a sword that radiates light, red or otherwise, isn't a logical match for a being of darkness. A simple black sword without any auras would be more fitting, I think.
Oh, and I thought of another idea to make Haste less of a Game Breaker/Disc One Nuke and more of Awesome, But Impractical. But I won't implement it if you guys are against it.

Anyway, it's as simple as making the Pocketwatch no longer a guaranteed drop from Sakuya. However, the trade-off is that that players can now re-fight Sakuya as many times as they want until she drops it, minus the XP gain (So no using her to grind levels.). Alternatively, if the player does not feel like fighting her many times, they can just wait until the endgame and find it in a chest.
How does this sound?
Making Haste more tedious to obtain wouldn't make it any more impractical, so there's no point. I vote for not doing that.

Your Everyday NEET

« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:11 AM »

How does this sound?
As a main user of Haste, I'm also against that.
I suggest you follow The Abyss footsteps by making the bosses challenging even with Haste.

Edit: If you for whatever reason decided to replace Excalipoor with Excalibur, then you are the silliest person on Gensokyo. You see, Excalibur's stats are inferior to Excalipoor. The only advantage it had is that it's attack is functional and light based. But its still lost to Excalipoor due to it's ridiculous skills.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:05:36 AM by Your Everyday NEET »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #328 on: July 29, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »
Well, I ended a up completing the bad ending route way sooner than I expected. Meaning that the last two chapters in the next version will be pathetically short if I were to release it right now.
So I thought, "Meh, why don't I throw in the good ending as well?"

Therefore, the next version will include both endings.
My current thoughts for the good ending requirement's are as follows:
Spoiler:
1. At a minimum, Cirno's sidequest must be completed in Chapter 5.
2. Rumia must be in the party. (Proceeding far enough into Rumia's sidequest will remove her from the party. Finishing it will add her back, but if you choose to enter chapter 6 without her, it is impossible to earn the good ending, as all of Team ⑨ must be present.)
3. If the above conditions are met, the penultimate boss must be defeated in under 15 turns in order to get the True Final Boss and Good Ending.
4. (Optional) For every character-centered sidequest completed (besides Cirno's), a chunk of HP is shaved off the penultimate boss. (Increasing the odds of defeating it under the turn limit.)

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:20:28 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

« Reply #329 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:23 PM »
The
Spoiler:
Kaiser Dragon
fight is bugged, it keeps going in an infinite loop. When enemies in the abyss ambush you or do not let you flee, they don't attack (it happened to me in the fire area and the ice area). Whenever I load the bestiary or open a save file, there is about a second of lag. Finally, there's some OOC dialogue in the picture below:

I would suggest "kind of impressive" instead of "kinda impressive".

How does this sound?

I think that haste is fine just the way it is.

Also, after battling the Yukkuri, I always take the Reaver. First, is there any incentive to
Spoiler:
transform it at the altar at the Makai?
It doesn't seem as effective after being transformed. Second, does anybody take the shield (Aegis)?