Author Topic: Danmakufu Contest 2 - Dead Simple! (RESULTS!)  (Read 65377 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Danmakufu Contest 2 - Dead Simple! (RESULTS!)
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »
I am not going to congratulate the winners 1,2 and 3 but more like thank everybody for making the Dnh community on MotK a more lively place than before. I remember few months ago we had like maybe 1 or 2 replies a day or 48 hours and the IRC channel was empty like hell.

We grew into a fairly large community and I hope everybody enjoys their scripting. It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or expert. I think all the help can be offered here to achieve new skills.

Allright, not to be rude. Congratulations to the winners as well. I demand movies though.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Danmakufu Contest 2 - Dead Simple!
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »
Naut, would you mind recording all the entries and putting them together on Youtube? Bonus points if you capture everything.
That would be so awesome.
Pleeeaaase...  :P

Iryan
Normal version was easy easy stuff, glad you included higher difficulties. The polygon orbit shots on Wind Tunnel were neat, it would've been nice if they rotated closer together and with more density so the effect was more visible. Mirror Universe is a rather straightforward rebound pattern, unfortunately the shots were a bit too sparse and often aimed at funny angles so you didn't get much visual effect out of it; also the bullets didn't bounce off the left wall, I trust this was a bug. Ripples in Reality is what makes this set worth playing IMO, the shot circle distortion was pretty interesting, but unfortunately the pattern didn't seem polished since it doesn't seem to normalize again, only becomes more and more random. However, I must credit you by saying I played this without remembering that you aren't able to playtest your own scripts, so big thumbs up there. I look forward to seeing what you can produce when you can actually, y'know, see your patterns :V
Success!  ;D

Also, conglaturation to Kayorei, Blargel and 'Crack!

I've got a few ideas for the next contest in mind, but I'll keep them to myself for now. Expect the next contest sometime in December.
Excellent, I should have an alternate danmakufu-capable WinXP hard drive ready by then.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »
Congratulations to the winners!

Naut, would you mind recording all the entries and putting them together on Youtube? Bonus points if you capture everything.

Only because it's you asking, sir Stuff.

<3

I don't get home for eight hours though, so that's the earliest I can start on this. To give you some indication of when you can expect this to be completed, I haven't even played half of the entries yet. Bad Naut.

Including Suikama's.

The things you people ask of me...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:50:53 AM by Naut »

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2009, 06:29:20 PM »
rdj522
Even if it is random spam I must say I appreciated Light Snow. Making jokes about dodging snow like it's danmaku is one thing, actually doing it is another. I had fun with that. Spiral Flurry is a good variation on a typical double spiral, with the way it gathers before dispersing. The curve as they fall towards the player feels unpredictable though, and it killed me once since I was expecting them to travel straight, I wish the curve was telegraphed a bit before so they wouldn't turn on top of me. Snowball Fight is alright, but more could've been done with the concept, like snowballs impacting the walls and such. As it stands it plays like a fairly simple shotgun card. Decent presentation overall.

That's all I was going for; a decent presentation to make up for the Halloween contest.

Your statement about Snowball Fight made me look back at the script, and I think I may have tried too hard to avoid copying ZUN's patterns. For example, when coding Spiral Flurry, I kept thinking back to Stage 3 of Perfect Cherry Blossom and trying to make it a bit different from that. In addition, when you mentioned letting snowballs bounce off the walls, I thought of a watered-down version of Flandre's Catadioptric.

Still, I'm glad you had fun with at least one of the scripts.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2009, 06:40:34 PM »
Arg, I didn't even enter, hahaha.

Anyways, good job for the winners.

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2009, 06:50:09 PM »
Suikama
DISQUALIFIED

Daww :V

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2009, 06:56:01 PM »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
Daww :V
hhmmmmm why are you disqualified? used brofists again?

« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2009, 03:20:23 AM »
hhmmmmm why are you disqualified? used brofists again?
Maaaaaaaaybe

:V :V :V

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2009, 03:28:57 AM »
Demonbman
Augh fuck this background, the high contrast makes it hard to track the bullets...maybe I should give points for that since that's PC-98-esque. :V The first attack is really difficult, it's hard to track the fast bullets coming at you from above when you're trying to get through the narrow openings in the spiral. The second attack is just mean when it comes from all four sides, and since it's just random spam I can't give you any points here. Third attack is AUUUUGH. The first spiral salvo is literally impossible to escape for some characters. You had something going with the missile streamers, but you can't put bullets that suddenly home in on you and look identical to the other ones in when the attack is already fairly dense. It looks like you're doing fine on the coding aspect of Danmakufu, but you need to work on the playability of your scripts. Did you playtest it thoroughly? Were you able to beat it yourself?

Aahh....well   :-\ on my part, To answer you questions yes, i tested it with RemiuA and MarisaB and i was able to go through the spiral, and yes i have beaten it. Gratz to the winners. and Thanks for judging! :D

« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »
this took too long
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 02:37:11 AM by Naut »

« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2009, 02:41:44 AM »
this took too long
How many parts are there? I see three, but there's still many missing scripts (mine:V)

« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2009, 02:48:33 AM »
Videos:

Part 1: Winning Entry!

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Click on a name to go directly to their portion of the video.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 04:40:52 AM by Naut »

Formless God

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2009, 02:51:12 AM »
Jawdropped at Nuclear Cheese's SCs and Shattering Glass. Nice job everyone *sulks in a corner*

Oh yeah, where did you get all those remixes for A Drunkard's Lemuria ? ;_;

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2009, 02:53:20 AM »
I wonder if my
Spoiler:
(only)
card is in the 4th one.

« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2009, 03:25:07 AM »
Not entering, but what the hey, I was bored.

What exactly was I supposed to get from this statement

"I'm not entering, here's an entry, include it in the contest as if I entered?"

??

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2009, 04:29:52 AM »
What exactly was I supposed to get from this statement

"I'm not entering, here's an entry, include it in the contest as if I entered?"

??

Oh, ok.
Stuff already rated it (but I never wanted it to be, oh well :V ).
Never mind, then.

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2009, 04:40:04 AM »
Well I would've included it no problem if you didnt say you weren't entering :S

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
Nicely done Naut. Now go necromance the Halloween Contest and do it again!

Actually, I've been thinking we should probably keep some sort of record of the contests in a sticky or something but I want to avoid sticky clutter, I was thinking I might add it to the FAQ thread. Suggestions?

Nimble

• Broken English Fox
  • Rushing toward the bullet!
    • Viewmix
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »
How about create event/contest index page at dmf.shrinemaiden wiki and add record there?

To see my entry in youtube ..... wow :-[

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2009, 02:23:39 PM »
VideoGameCrack
Shattering Glass is liquid awesome, nothing more to say.

Iryan
Fffff, half the stuff isn't working as imagined at all. Oh well...

Blargel
I love this.

Drake
This too.

Suikama
...Wat
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2009, 02:37:50 PM »
Nicely done Naut. Now go necromance the Halloween Contest and do it again!

/heartattack

Actually, I've been thinking we should probably keep some sort of record of the contests in a sticky or something but I want to avoid sticky clutter, I was thinking I might add it to the FAQ thread. Suggestions?

I like Nimble's suggestion. Maybe we should just combine all the stickies into one big one or something...

"EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DANMAKUFU"

To see my entry in youtube ..... wow :-[
:-[

HnnnnnwhathaveIdonennnghhh