Author Topic: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet  (Read 238825 times)

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
Re: MarisaStory: A Certain Magical Internet
« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2015, 01:24:33 AM »
>Welp. Sounds like time to intervene.
>To Monny, "Go to the village. It's not safe here. Hurry."
>If we can easily tell where he is in the next room, treat the kitten Rika to a dollsplosion to the face as a distraction. For now we just want to confuse 'em to get time to send off a doll to Marisa without Eirin getting shot.
>How dangerous are guns to a youkai like us? Or Eirin?
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2015, 08:12:21 AM »
>To Monny, "Go to the village. It's not safe here. Hurry."
> You tell Monarda that a fight's about to break out, and he escapes. You pray they'll be safe...But for now...

>How dangerous are guns to a youkai like us? Or Eirin?
> You're a demon by nature, so any "divine" weapons will deal the most damage (silver, for instance). But since you're a magician as well, anything that's considered anti-magic (like Reimu's borders) will also hurt you. However, since you're not a human, your durability and resilience to damage is wayyyyy higher than usual, and if you are injured, you can recover from a lot of injuries with time.

>If we can easily tell where he is in the next room, treat the kitten Rika to a dollsplosion to the face as a distraction. For now we just want to confuse 'em to get time to send off a doll to Marisa without Eirin getting shot.
> There's a window facing the Western hallway here. However, it's closed. This does give you an idea, though...

> "...You know what, this isn't worth it."
> You peek up just enough to see into the clinic as Eirin speaks. You can see Eirin lower her bow, and the woman known as Rika accosting her. Rika has purple hair and a pristine white lab coat, as well as spectacles of some kind. She also seems to be holding some kind of high-tech blaster gun, straight out of an 80's sci-fi movie. Rika does not lower her weapon, but you can see her tilt her head in bemusement. You can also make out Kaguya, fast asleep on the operating table.
> "Whatever do you mean?"
> "This violence. Kaguya-hime's still ill, and if a fight were to break out here..."
> "Ah, I see what you mean...That won't dissuade me from carrying out my work, though. We're going to gather Medicine and--"
> POINK. You teleport once of your dolls onto Rika's head.
> "Nani?" Rika pats her head and feels the doll sitting there. Rika takes it off and examines it; it's a seemingly normal doll at first glance, but... "Why is this doll's hair on fire?"
> KA-BEWM!
> There's a thud, and sounds of objects clattering everywhere. You peek in and see Rika laying in the corner, dazed. Eirin is in the opposite corner, protecting herself with her arms crossed. Kaguya-hime is unharmed, and the blaster gun lays on the floor under the desk facing the window.
> "...What just happened?" Eirin says as she looks out the window, and sees you peeking in. She smiles. "What an unexpected surprise."

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
>"Didn't ya see the bloody bombs?~"
>Contain Rika with a guard of dolls. Strap a few detonate-on-command ones around her neck, given the chance.
>Have one grab the gun or knock it as far away from Rika as possible. Or just break it, whichever works.
>To Eirin, "Less of a surprise after what Medicine's done, I assure you."
>"Though perhaps you've forgotten that there's more than Kirisame herself to be concerned about, Rika. Explain yourself."
>Get a messenger doll ready, just in case.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2015, 10:48:27 PM »
>"Didn't ya see the bloody bombs?~"
> "I failed my spot check...The dice stared at me with the gaze of a thousand angry nerds."

>Contain Rika with a guard of dolls. Strap a few detonate-on-command ones around her neck, given the chance.
>Have one grab the gun or knock it as far away from Rika as possible. Or just break it, whichever works.
> Sadly, seeing as these dolls are technically danmaku, it'd take a lot more of them to cause any serious damage to her...Regardless, you smother Rika with a cluster of dolls, then confiscate the gun for yourself. Hey, you never know when a gun like this will come in handy!
> OBTAINED SPACY LASER GUN.

>To Eirin, "Less of a surprise after what Medicine's done, I assure you."
> Eirin sighs. "I didn't expect her to go this far, but...Can you blame her? I'm sure we can work something out once this is all over."
> You said you'll consider it once you squeeze some info out of Little Miss Bill Nye here.

>Get a messenger doll ready, just in case.
> Actually...You came up with a slightly better idea. You produce a spell card simply named "DOLL POSSESSION," which allows you to directly control one of your dolls for a short time. The only drawback is that at this distance, you can only record a few minutes of conversation, so you'll have to pick your questions carefully.
> In player terms, you'd have about two, maybe three replies to get info out of Rika. Use them well!

>"Though perhaps you've forgotten that there's more than Kirisame herself to be concerned about, Rika. Explain yourself."
> Rika comes out of her daze with an annoyed grumble. "Bloody hell...You're just as annoying as she is! Do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?!"
> You say no, that's why you're asking. You activate the card and explain that this conversation is being recorded, so you'd best answer truthfully.
> "Grrrr...Fine, I'll play along, not that it'll change anything," Rika says in a semi resigned tone. "Ask away."

Code: [Select]
> SPELL CARD "DOLL POSSESSION" IS ACTIVE.
> TIME REMAINING: 99+ SECONDS
> PLEASE SELECT EITHER SHANGHAI OR HOURAI TO DELIVER YOUR MESSAGE.
> DATELLE MAY RECEIVE LIMITED COMMANDS DURING THIS INVESTIGATION.
> READY? GO!

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #814 on: March 17, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
>Inventory. Hah.
>"Who is responsible for this attack?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #815 on: March 18, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
>Inventory. Hah.
> Quite, I mean it's not like anyone's going to suddenly inherit this stuff right?

>"Who is responsible for this attack?"
> "Attack? Heh, you must be mistaken...I just did a few experiments on the inaba here. Of course, the princess herself got involved, so that was a nice bonus for my research."

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #816 on: March 18, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
>Give Eirin a look to see if she agrees with that explanation.
>We wouldn't have a way to track/locate Marisa's body, would we?
>"Who is your boss?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #817 on: March 18, 2015, 11:42:56 PM »
>Give Eirin a look to see if she agrees with that explanation.
> Eirin nods and says "She did come by before and ask if we wished to be part of an experiment...But Kaguya-hime refused. She didn't want her subjects to become lab rats, and I agreed with her decision."

>We wouldn't have a way to track/locate Marisa's body, would we?
> You can use a Beacon Spellcard to track down Mari's body, though you'll have to wait for the current one to break or run out first. The parser would joke about ironic this situation is, but time is of the essence.

>"Who is your boss?"
> "A powerful diety beyond your comprehension. You may know her, you might not..." You politely ask Rika to cut the crap and stop wasting your time. "Bah, so much for plan A...But I only speak the truth, this being is someone you do not know personally and it is not exactly native to Gensokyo. And if you must insist on a name..."
> You await her next word, but it doesn't come. Instead, Rika's next word is a garbled mess of noise, like someone taking a dial-up modem and running it through a Protoss' voice synthesizer. Rika is a bit flabbergasted at this revelation, but she just coyly smiles.
> "Well, at least you have that recorded, right?" Eirin comments. "It sounds like your deal with the so-called devil is more than what you bargained for, Rika."
> "All worth it in the name of science!" Rika says confidently. "Okazaki-san would have done the same!"

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #818 on: March 19, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
>Mental note: We've been with demons. We may have a way to review that noise and figure out more than she thought we could. Not something Shinki mentioned that comes to mind offhand? We can consider it more later.
>"What's the goal of this 'experiment?'"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #819 on: March 20, 2015, 12:39:01 AM »
>Mental note: We've been with demons. We may have a way to review that noise and figure out more than she thought we could. Not something Shinki mentioned that comes to mind offhand? We can consider it more later.
> Hmmm, you don't know the noise offhand, but your mother has warned you about the so called "Old Ones" that use incomprehensible gobbldygook to drive others mad. Could this be it? You'll have to investigate this later.

>"What's the goal of this 'experiment?'"
> "The goal? Well, if you want the short version..." Rika's oversized glasses glint inexplicably. "My boss needs a vessel."
> Of what kind, you ask, just as you hear the sound of a pin being pulled. You turn just in time to see a small, grenade-type object get chucked in through the broken window, and a split second later...There is a loud bang and a flash of light. You wince and yell as a wave of anti-magic courses over you and your dolls, destroying them and dispelling your spell card. While it's not an attack spell card, its destruction only serves to shake you up further...So you feel the full force of a jolt of electricity run through your body when Rika zaps you in the back with a hidden taser she has on hand.

> ...Suddenly, you're now Tewi, watching this all play out.
> "Down she goes," remarks Tewi as she watches Datelle replay this scene. She then perks up when she notices the player(s) staring flabbergasted at the sudden scene change. "Flashbacks are quite a thing, aren't they?" Tewi says with a smile.

> Alice collapses in front of Eirin, though the nurse has lost some of her sight and hearing as well. She struggles to keep herself upright as Rika gets to her feet, seemingly unfazed by the blast. The door bursts open, and Eirin can see black figures carrying guns approaching her quickly. Eirin is ordered to stand down, despite not being armed, but in her deafened and weakened state she does not comply. So, Eirin's pinned to a wall and cuffed, not unlike so many criminals on COPS.
> "N-No, please..." Eirin begs. "The princess needs me! She'll die if I leave her alone for even a second!"
> "We can worry about her later," Rika remarks. "You on the other hand, are a threat." She then speaks to the soldiers in the room. "Cage this lunatic in here, we may need her later." She then departs, as the soldiers secure the lab and take Alice's limp body away.

> "This is hard to watch, but..." Tewi sighs. "As callous as it is, I can't feel the pain anymore."

> Alice is weakened, but not out cold. She does not take kindly to being treated like this. Her demon blood activates and gives her strength. Once she's out of the room, she lashes out, throwing her captors aside.

> "There's enough pain in this world already..."

> The soldiers fire on Alice, despite Rika's orders not to hurt her. But Alice gives no fucks, she simply sprouts a pair of wings akin to Shinki's and protects herself from the incoming fire.

> "So many other people have their own problems to worry about..."

> Alice, wings curled around her, dive-bombs the soldiers, then unfurls herself to attack the soldiers directly. They are helpless against her newfound strength. Rika unleashes a barrage of metal gears (no, not THOSE gears) at Alice, but she smacks them away like flies.

> "You still have your problems too..."

> Rika is forced to flee, but Alice quickly pursues and eventually corners the scientist. In an act of irony, Alice takes out the SPACY LASER GUN from before and cackles, preparing to fire. Thankfully for Rika, the shot doesn't come. Another figure, dressed in samurai armor with a demonic-looking mask, strikes Alice down with a sword slash to the back. The demon falls limp, motionless.
> Rika's emotions cycle quickly from shock to fear to rage. "You...YOU IDIOT! We needed her alive for--"
> "Oh, relax," the figure says in a distorted, yet feminine voice. "I just knocked her out. She'll be fine...But I suggest you put her on lockdown before you play with her again."
> "I know that!" Rika shouts. "Where the hell were you anyways?"
> "Looking for the last piece, duh. It's gotta be around here somewhere..."
> Rika hmphs. "Well, make yourself useful and carry Alice down to the holding cells."
> "Yes, professor," the samurai says in a sarcastic tone. She lifts up Alice with but one hand and leaves.

> "Isn't that right..." Tewi looks directly at the camera. "Marisa?"

> ...
> ... ... ...
> ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
> "MARISA, WAKE THE HELL UP!"

> You can feel a hand slap you in the back of your plastic head. You open your eyes, and see yourself inside the first floor of Eientei. It's a mess. Armed soldiers are all over the place, as are blast marks and remnants of rocks and plants scattered all over the place.
> "What's gotten into you, woman?" You turn to see a disgruntled Mokou. "Don't tell me you got summa that PTSD goin' on now..."
> "Mokou-sama!" Maple flies up to her. "Give. It. A. Rest. Marisa-chan's obviously tired and stressed out."
> Eh? You asked what happened. Mokou just rolls her eyes, while Maple's look of concern intensified.
> Maple takes a deep breath before speaking. "You...You just lost it. Once you asked that one soldier where Alice-chan was, you..."
> "You just blew up like Mt Fuji," Mokou said, lighting up another cigarette. "And he sure blew up real good, heh."
> Maple shoots Mokou a stern look. You, on the other hand...Yeah, you remember now. You interrogated one of the soldiers about Alice's and Medicine's whereabouts, he said something along the lines of "I doubt they're even here now, they might even be..." Then he started laughing.
> And then you started shooting him up with poison. And using him as a literal dirty bomb against his comrades. Blew up good indeed.
> You were running out of time and patience. If anything so much as happened to your body, or Alice...Dammit, this isn't the time for that! Who the hell do you think you are, anyways?! A weakass doll who can't hold her own in a fight...
> Or the best goddamn magician in all of Gensokyo?

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #820 on: March 22, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
>Growl a bit.
>"... guess the situation's gettin' to me a bit, ze. Looks like fightin' won't be a problem, though."
>Check the location spell for Alice, if it's safe enough to get away with. Otherwise, we have a lot of splinter cells to clear out.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #821 on: March 23, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
>Growl a bit.
>"... guess the situation's gettin' to me a bit, ze. Looks like fightin' won't be a problem, though."
> "...Just...Be careful, ok?" Maple says in a quivering voice.
> "She'll be fine, she's got us to back her up," Mokou says before puffing her cigarette. "So now what?"

>Check the location spell for Alice, if it's safe enough to get away with. Otherwise, we have a lot of splinter cells to clear out.
> We go down, you say to Mokou as you check the Beacon spell card. Alice is somewhere below you, approximately two stories if Eientei's basement is to be trusted. Problem is, you don't know where the stairs leading down are located.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #822 on: March 24, 2015, 08:00:21 PM »
>... and we don't have the mini-hakkero to make our own stairs. Damnit.
>Speaking of which, has that moved any, either?
>"Mokou, how far downstairs have you gone here, ze?"

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #823 on: March 25, 2015, 01:39:19 AM »
>... and we don't have the mini-hakkero to make our own stairs. Damnit.
>Speaking of which, has that moved any, either?
> The Parser is fairly sure you didn't establish a tracker for that item...However, since you're so in tune with it, you can sense it's presence. You can't discern the exact location, but you're pretty sure the Mini-Hakkero is somewhere underground and in close proximity to Alice.

>"Mokou, how far downstairs have you gone here, ze?"
> Mokou grins. "You honestly think the rabbits would let me into such a sensitive area? I may be cool with them but they're not that trustworthy of me, kiddo."

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #824 on: March 26, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
Porcelain Powercaster:

>"Then where haven't they let you go, ze? I don't think we have time to search blindly right now..."
>No way to contact Tewi from here, right?
>Point out the direction we're trying to go for the others in case they have any bright ideas.

Bullockornis Burner:

>Is it enough of an emergency to warrant blasting a straight path, at least partway? Would doing so cause enough structural damage to be a danger?

Marbleous Maple:

>Earth... would we be able to dig/move aside dirt fairly easily? Though that's probably not what's separating floors here, is it?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »
Porcelain Powercaster:
>"Then where haven't they let you go, ze? I don't think we have time to search blindly right now..."
> "Downstairs, up to the Kaguya's floor...So yeah, the first floor is pretty much the only place I can go. That's not to say I don't know where things are..." You ask Mokou why this is. "Let's just say a dissatisfied employee gave me the skinny on Eientei's inner workings. The second floor is where all the higher ups sleep, the first basement is the sleeping quarters for the rabbits, and the second one after that is their workshop and weapon storage for all their crazy Lunarian tech. If I'm not mistaken, that's also where they crafted the spell for the fake moon all those years ago...But that's old history, am I right?"

>No way to contact Tewi from here, right?
> Not at the moment. You don't have a communicator, and your computers are still shut off as far as you know. You'll have to use a magic spell to contact Mrs. Bugs Bunny, and that takes a bit of time to set up and send a message.

>Point out the direction we're trying to go for the others in case they have any bright ideas.
> Based on Mokou's intel, Alice should be in B2F. Of course your objective(s) would be on the lowest floor. Not that you mind, it'll just take slightly more effort to get there!

Bullockornis Burner:
>Is it enough of an emergency to warrant blasting a straight path, at least partway? Would doing so cause enough structural damage to be a danger?
> Considering time may or may not be of the essence, yes. Mokou tells you she can reach B1F easily by blasting through the floor with minimal casualty, but the floor between the two basements is almost impenetrable. Thankfully, Mokou knows where the stairs are, so she can lead you to B2F from there.

Marbleous Maple:
>Earth... would we be able to dig/move aside dirt fairly easily? Though that's probably not what's separating floors here, is it?
> Maple asks Mokou about the floor between B1F and B2F. It's an add-on to the mansion, as you'd expect, and said floor is made up of concrete and steel under the original basement's wood flooring.
> "C-C-Concrete?! How would anyone in Gensokyo make that?" Maple asks out of curiosity.
> "The Lunar Kingdom counts as the outside world too, you know. The egghead and Kaguya probably brought their own special blend of it from the Moon...Of course, how they'd make something so hard from something so soft as moon rocks is a mystery to me, but there ya go."
> Maple thinks for a moment. "If that's the case, I might be able to break it, but I'll need Marisa-chan's help.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #826 on: March 31, 2015, 12:59:45 AM »
>Are we near the F1->B1 stairs? If we blasted straight down, how close would we be to the B1->B2 stairs? How long is the distance from the two staircases on B1?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #827 on: April 01, 2015, 07:16:42 PM »
>Are we near the F1->B1 stairs? If we blasted straight down, how close would we be to the B1->B2 stairs? How long is the distance from the two staircases on B1?
>Dear gods this is starting to turn into a trigonometry question
> Mokou says that if you burrowed down right from the main entrance (that is, where you are now), you'd be within walking distance to the stairs leading down to B2.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #828 on: April 01, 2015, 08:38:11 PM »
>Let's get our blast on, then. Shortcut to B1!

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #829 on: April 03, 2015, 10:36:36 PM »
>Let's get our blast on, then. Shortcut to B1!
> You tell Maple you're ready for her little plan, and the little fairy nods nervously. "It's time I lent you my power..." Maple starts painting up the design for a spell card, all the while you can feel a magical force tingling in the air. When Maple finishes the final stroke on the card, it glows brightly as Maple shouts "SPIRIT UNLEASH!" before exploding in a bright flash of light. When it's finished, Maple's visibly fatigued, but she is able to present to you the spell card. However, you can tell the design of the card's marking is much different than what you're used to.

> "That...Is a Spirit Card. A regular spell card won't work for this...Put it in your Radiant Palette and see what you can do with it."
> OBTAINED "UNMOVING EARTH" SPIRIT CARD.
> Of course, in order to do that, you'll have to replace one of your existing cards first.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #830 on: April 04, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »
>... we can do that? When did THAT feature come up?
>And couldn't Mokou get us through the first layer on her own?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #831 on: April 06, 2015, 12:44:45 AM »
>... we can do that? When did THAT feature come up?
> You ask Maple how the heck you're supposed to change spell cards on your staff. "I, I don't know...Think about it and it just happens?"

>And couldn't Mokou get us through the first layer on her own?
> "Worry about your inventory management later, and stand back!" You and Maple do that, as Mokou powers up, and delivers an explosive punch right through the floor...With Mokou still in the middle.
> "A-Are you ok?!" Maple says, peeking downwards.
> "Yeah, no biggie," Mokou says, standing back up from the rubble. "Come on in, the water's fine!"

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #832 on: April 09, 2015, 08:23:35 PM »
>Head for the stairs and save a bit of strength for the main fight. Keep an eye out for an ambush; surprising them still might be worthwhile, but not just yet...

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #833 on: April 10, 2015, 11:14:00 PM »
>Head for the stairs and save a bit of strength for the main fight. Keep an eye out for an ambush; surprising them still might be worthwhile, but not just yet...
> You drop down and follow Mokou down the nearby stairs. It's eerily quiet as you descend into the mansion's depths; you've never been down here before. The place feels almost like a base straight out of Metal Gear, with cold walls of stone and steel embracing you as you enter. Medicine and Alice around here someplace...You can feel it.
> Your Beacon spell shows that Alice is to the northeast from where you are standing (for the record, you're in the southwest corner of this floor). Ahead of you is a two-way intersection, one way goes NORTH, the other EAST. Which way will you go?

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #834 on: April 12, 2015, 01:11:29 AM »
>Preumably the two options look nearly identical and the others have no idea which goes where?
>If Alice isn't perfectly directly northeast, go with whichever direction she's slightly toward from our current location. If there's no real way to tell, uh, go with east I guess.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #835 on: April 16, 2015, 09:47:51 PM »
>Preumably the two options look nearly identical and the others have no idea which goes where?
>If Alice isn't perfectly directly northeast, go with whichever direction she's slightly toward from our current location. If there's no real way to tell, uh, go with east I guess.
> Alice seems to be N by NE, instead of strictly NE, so you go NORTH.
> As you do so, you hear footsteps, and a warped voice that seems to be...Humming? Yes, humming, somewhere around the next corner.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #836 on: April 16, 2015, 09:52:54 PM »
>Person-throat humming, mechanical, or animal?
>We don't have a way to use a mirror or something to peek around and see what's there without exposing ourselves, do we?

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #837 on: April 17, 2015, 04:07:38 PM »
>Person-throat humming, mechanical, or animal?
> Throat humming. You can vaguely make out the notes to "Alouette" as the figure approaches.

>We don't have a way to use a mirror or something to peek around and see what's there without exposing ourselves, do we?
> You could have Maple quickly conjure something up if you can tell her without giving yourself away.

> _

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #838 on: April 17, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
>It's not Marisa's voice, is it? Or Alice's?
>If they're coming towards us, motion to fan out and be ready to attack if they're hostile. If they aren't, sneak over to Maple and make a quiet request for a little diamond mirror or whatever so we can peek. Best not assume too much.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #839 on: April 17, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »
>It's not Marisa's voice, is it? Or Alice's?
> You can't determine if the voice is male or female yet.

>If they're coming towards us, motion to fan out and be ready to attack if they're hostile. If they aren't, sneak over to Maple and make a quiet request for a little diamond mirror or whatever so we can peek. Best not assume too much.
> You can, however, hear the footsteps getting closer...Then there's a slight pause as you hear them going away from you. Said footsteps seem to be going EAST from your position (you're at another NORTH/EAST/SOUTH fork again). You take this time to somehow tell Maple to summon up a mirror so you can peek at whom is around the corner.

> Maple summons said mirror, angles it towards the EAST, and almost drops it when you and she find out whom the footsteps belong to. A figure, clad in black samurai armor with red trim, boasting a rather intimidating helmet and sword, is walking away from your position at the most leisurely of paces. You haven't seen their face yet, but if you did, it'd probably be hidden by one of those traditional "oni" looks that most samurai wear to intimidate their opponents. You get the feeling you shouldn't mess with this person if you can help it.

> That being said, when you look at the sword they were carrying, you have to stifle a gasp...You've seen that sword before. You used to own it. How the hell did this Samurai...Person get their hands on the Blade of Kusunagi?
> Just looking at the blade, however, starts to trigger that "out of body" feeling you've been getting every time you start to have a flashback. You could go after this samurai and try to take the sword back, or continue on your way whilst risking detection. The choice is yours, and yours alone.

> _