Author Topic: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 10/19/12  (Read 35674 times)

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
Re: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 4/30/12
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »
That could work.
But what's the requirements for getting Malice Cannon anyhow? beyond just having Marisa and Alice that is.

And on another note, where the heck are you supposed to go to get the Blue Flowers?
I've looked all over the map with the exception of the Mountain and Village areas, nothing.
You need to complete Alice's second quest.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2012, 10:50:33 PM »
AH, alright then, I'll see about working on that when I get her.
...Though I still have no clue where to get the Blue Flowers for Star's Quest.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »
I can't seem to get this game to work. Whenever I open it the window appears and then closes without even telling me what's wrong.
Unfortunately I think that is more of an issue of how rpgmakerxp works with your computer than my game in particular. The people here http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/ could probably help you better than I could.

« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »
Sorry to bother you but, now I get an error message that says "Invalid access to memory"

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2012, 12:17:20 AM »
Sorry to bother you but, now I get an error message that says "Invalid access to memory"
You might want to try deleting the rgss104e.dll file or at least moving it out of the folder. Sometime I find people need it but sometimes it is in the way.

« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2012, 01:06:03 AM »
You might want to try deleting the rgss104e.dll file or at least moving it out of the folder. Sometime I find people need it but sometimes it is in the way.

No that didn't work. Maybe I should switch out of Japanese locale huh?

« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2012, 02:54:32 AM »
So do you keep doing sidequests to get people to ask for their own houses?  If so I'm gonna probably do as many of those as I can while I level up and spend every day chopping wood or gathering food to prepare for things.

I'm gonna do a few things with my party in this run.  Gonna not recruit until I got to where I stopped last time (with the exception of people who actually join) to leave up spots open so I can try stuff with other people.  Once I get those houses built then I can replace in the people I didn't get before (unless there are still people I need to test...in that case I'll recruit a bit and not save while I goof around).

Oh, and did you get the PM I sent?  It wasn't in my Sent box but I'm not sure if that meant it was received or not (since every forum is different in regards to how their PM systems work).  Just want to make sure you got the link.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
First of all I got the link.

secondly the people that get their own house in the current version of the game are

Spoiler:
Marisa
Alice
Nitori you probably need to recruit hina to finish the second quest
Reisen
Aya
Yukari
Patchouli
[/quote]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:27:18 PM by warpshadow »

« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
Thanks for the link; now I know who's quests I should concentrate on.

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2012, 02:27:39 PM »
Strange, there's no random encounter at dungeon (or just me?)
or maybe this version not support 0.08 save?

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #130 on: May 06, 2012, 07:26:52 PM »
Did you talk to the purple haired lady who said nothing? She is there for testing purposes and I forgot to take her out of the release version of the game.

Yao-Kun

• Touhou Reimu & Miko Lovers
  • Busy doing college stuff...
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »
Yes, I talk to her.
... Wait, she trigger that bug?

~Yukkuri Shiteitte ne~
So much for Take it Easy...

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2012, 03:19:01 AM »
Don't worry...I did the same thing.  And laughed when I realized that I completely forgot about her when I found no random encounters after testing a million other things to try and fix the bug myself.

Kay, I'm back up to the Marsh Dungeon after some free time over the weekend, and here's a few things I've found.

1.  If you get Marisa's house and enter the area from the left (direction of the Garden of the Sun) the portal is back and her house is gone.  It fixes itself if you enter from the right (direction of Kourindou) or south (direction of Doll Castle and what I assume will be Alice's house).

2.  You can do Medicine's "give her a cotton dress" quest even without having one in your inventory.  Meanwhile, since Rumia's quest checks for if you have the Shadow Gohei, you can get infinite of them by just equipping your first one on Reimu and then selling after doing the quest.

Suggestions for the next build of the game.  There were some things I noticed about the character classes that I think would be best fixed before adding newer characters.

1.  Some characters don't have their own class (namely Suwako and Sanae, while Yuyuko and Byakuren have class names but they aren't working) so they're using Reimu's class on the character list.

2.  Some characters have armor issues.  In addition to Yuyuko and Byakuren having no equippable armor in the classes made for them, Remilia has none and Rin can only equip body armor.  Also, Reimu, Alice and Youmu can't use the Red Ribbon and there might be other characters not able to use things from their normal equipment types.  Dunno if those were conscious choices or oversight so I'm pointing it out in case it was oversight.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
1. Thanks for pointing out the medicine, marisa and rumia bugs. They are now taken care of.
2.Byakuren, Yuyuko, Sanae and Suwako are works in progress.
3.Before anyone notices, I have realized that the two new playable characters are not available in this version of the game. The reason is once you complete the latest dungeon the new characters should have been available but I forgot to put the switches in that makes them available. I have already corrected this for the next version of the game.

« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2012, 03:11:38 AM »
Was playing earlier (half because I've been waiting to have time to do so and half because I wanted to not throw my laptop across the room in raging frustration at Touhoumon) and found a few other errors...

1.  There are two remaining chests that just say "got an item" and give a piece of wood in the Marsh Dungeon.  One is in the area you recruit Mystia in, the other in the area you recruit Nitori in.

2.  Kogasa, Mystia and Nitori's sprites stay in place if you let them join the village from the dungeon.  Sanae has no dialog if you talk to her after the battle, but her sprite is still hanging around.

3.  In the part of the dungeon by where you fight Sanae, there are two sections of bridge you cannot cross due to not having the "joint" tile you usually use when they change directions.  One is in the upper part and just leads to a dead end, the other leads to the bottom most treasure.

4.  If you use a Town Portal Scroll when in the area by where you fight Sanae, the rain remains when you return home.  A solution I can think of for that is to add changing the weather to None in the Common Event for the Town Portal Scroll.

5.  If Alice is at shop and you select "make things" then back out, you get two options (fancy and silk hakama) that don't do anything.

6.  Mystia has no quests active and I'm also not quite sure of the effect of her daily job since there is no dialog after she asks you for food to make breakfast with (I don't think my inventory changed)

7.  Nitori asks if you want her to fish twice if you ask her to do something for you.  Also, she asks to fish if you ask her to work in the shop, but it doesn't take away from her job quota.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
Thank you for the error report, it will help the next version of the game be even better.
Edit
I fixed all the mistakes listed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 01:47:08 PM by warpshadow »

« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 07:32:39 PM »
Your welcome.  When I get time again I'm gonna get some levels and then venture into another dungeon to see what else I can see.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2012, 04:00:28 AM »
Okay other than
1.Fix all the bugs you or I find
2.Add a system to more easily switch your party members
3.Add a bunch more side-quests
4.Add another level to the game
5.Add more combo techniques, still wanting to see if Malice cannon works out before adding more though.
what would you like to see in the next version of the game?

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2012, 07:38:29 PM »
Probably just touchups to the already in the party characters, whether it be balancing, new abilities for ones who don't have many or other unique things for them.  Really all I can think of at the moment.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2012, 05:29:08 AM »
So how is the game going? Has anybody run into any more bugs? Have they gotten a chance to figure out if the Malice cannon works or not?

Kumori

• BLAAAAAH.
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2012, 07:42:54 AM »
My version of the game crashed just seconds after it loaded up. I thought perhaps I could go into the project file and play it with the playtest, but it seems you're using an older version of XP.
I cannot think of a good signature, and probably never will.

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2012, 07:56:21 PM »
Some new stuff I figured out after running the first half of the desert yesterday (the cave side)...

1. Lily W doesn't vanish after recruiting her and the portrait doesn't either, the crystal returns if you leave the screen and come back,  but the scene doesn't play a second time.
2.  Orange doesn't vanish after recruiting her, you can do the scene again
3.  Orange asks for "good" instead of "food" when you ask her to do something, and the message afterwards says "Shizuha" has found wood.  She also doesn't have a quest, though if quests are a work in progress I might suggest having a placeholder for any character who doesn't have them yet (or will have more in the future) where the character says something like "No thank you, there's nothing right now."

And as for something I just found out but could have seen in town last time, Kogasa's sprite has missing pixels from the back and side views.  They're white, and if you used white as your background they probably vanished when you made it transparent.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »
Here is a list of all the recruit able characters that don't have a quest associated with them
Spoiler:
daiyosei hatate kana nazarin kotohime yoshika merlin ellen koakuma also characters with quest upgradeable weapons cirno suika rin  only have their weapon upgrade quests

Edit I just fixed the three bugs mentioned.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 02:41:47 AM by warpshadow »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »
I am just saying that it will be some more time before the update, as I have a pretty busy schedule. Other than the bugs mentioned and that Nitori doesn't produce weapons if you giver her own house (found and fixed for next version) is the game running decently?

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2012, 04:57:26 PM »
I found a few new things in the desert and involving recruits from the desert.  As well as some scenes I finally managed to get.

1.  Sunny doesn't vanish if you refuse her or let her join (and you can do the event again) nor does the picture...leave/return and the chrystal is back.  So you can't get the chest.

2.  Ask Sunny to do something and you get a blank Yes/No prompt; answering Yes gets her to hunt for food as usual.

3.  If you build Alice's house, the scene from earlier when you first found Doll Castle with Marisa plays, and Reimu ends up stuck in the trees (I had to Town Portal out of there).  You can also walk on the trees there, but it doesn't help when your character is still scripted to move downward and you need to move up.

4.  Entering Marisa's from Alice's rebuilt house also reverts back to the Forest Dungeon portal.  Like the earlier glitch, leaving and returning from the direction of Kourindo/Forest Entrance fixes this.

5.  Youmu's crystal comes back and you can re-recruit her.

6.  If you ask Youmu to work, she says she got /[v](number gained) food, probably something to do with the variable formula being shown.

7.  Asking Nitori or Kogasa to work at the item shop without someone else there makes them double up and leaves a dummy in the second shop place.

8. Yoshika, Merlin and Rin also stay behind when you finish their talk in the pyramid, and you can do the event again.

9. The skeletons in the tomb's bottom floor don't vanish after killing them.

10.  I can't find Rin or Merlin on the map since I didn't have room for them in my village.

Characters you can't evict for any reason
Option doesn't do anything:  Lily White, Kogasa, Orange, Mystia and Sunny

Option doesn't work:  Nitori, Yoshika.  In the former's case, she is still in the house and reappears where you would have normally found her if not recruited, while the latter gets a prompt to evict Star Sapphire instead and she stays in the house

Characters not equipping what they should
Wool Hakama: Reimu

Wool Dress:  Marisa, Alice

Not sure if the above is supposed to be like that or they're just not implemented yet so I'm mentioning it just in case.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
I just wanted to say I fixed all of the problems listed. I also checked the ice cave characters for the same problem that the desert characters had.

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
Nice.  I'm tapped out at the moment since all my characters can't be evicted and thus I can't recruit new people (can't even get Nitori's house since I didn't pick up Hina this time around...then again I'd want to wait on that anyway since next version will fix the glitch of her not working in her house).  Might try to brave (i.e. run from enemies) in that portal that appeared in town to allow for more building, but I don't know if I can make it.

If I can't do anything else this version, I'll be sure to get right back at it next version of the game.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
Re: New Rpg Gensoblazer version 0.09 out 6/24/12
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
Well then how about a new version of the game. It has not only all the bugs mentioned so far fixed It also has 3 new playable characters
Spoiler:
Meiling, Remilia and Kogasa
A new dungeon the dimensional cave
Twenty one new side quests including
Spoiler:
The upgradeable New Scarlet mansion
and
Spoiler:
combo techniques for Nitori, Patchouli, Aya and Suika

You can download it here http://www.mediafire.com/?f4zlipqug34nztb

« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
Nice.  Just in time!  I'll probably plan out my recruitment to people who'll help either A) get items or B) help others remake their houses until I get back to where I was.  Thankfully, I have short work days in the summer so I should be able to get on it quickly.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2012, 03:54:16 AM »
I have a simple question for the game, so how far have to you made it through the game? Where do you usually quit and why?