Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F  (Read 199111 times)

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 6F
« Reply #660 on: March 01, 2011, 06:45:13 AM »
I Run both Reimu and Yukari for this reason, Although I've been having problems maintaining buffs with all the ray damage my characters seem to take from all the postgame bosses.Meiling's affinites rage from 145-186. Is that too low? Also, she's got 31k hp, 13k def, and 8.7k mind at level 177 with equips.He seemed to take it well before the post-game. Is the damage output of the plus disc bosses substantially higher on average?

I'm wondering if my raw stats are subpar. At most, my skill levels hit 70, but most skill levels are below 60 for my characters (although I have lots of them). I'm at Reimu 184 and trying to explore 23F now.

Her HP, mind and defense seem fine, but her affinities are way low.  A good goal would be to get 200-250 minimum on your primary tanks at this point, including any gear you can get.  I think my Meiling on the 28F has about 400-500, while still maintaining high defense, health, and mind.  It'll get easier when once you start getting multiple Power Dragon Scalemales, Ultimate ZUN Hats, etc. 

I built Kourin with stats jammed in random places, and he really pales in comparison to my main defenders as a tank.  He's not squishy, but he's definitely not Meiling.  You'll begin to notice this more and more as you progress.  He'll still be a very durable attacker, being able to stay in the 3rd/2nd slot against most things, though.  Remi, too, although in some battles, you might want Meiling + Tenshi/Meiling + Komachi/Tenshi + Komachi just for the extra safety.

« Reply #661 on: March 01, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »
NG+ save file

A completely new one. All the exp values should be zero and stats in order. Let me know if there's any problems.

A bit delayed (I didn't notice since I don't have time to play LoT often and I don't use the characters in question often either), but Renko/Maribel still have broken ailment resistances and affinities in this file (they mimic Reimu's).

Everything else is perfect though, including the EXP values and such.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #662 on: March 01, 2011, 03:23:07 PM »
Her HP, mind and defense seem fine, but her affinities are way low.

Guess I know what I should do with my skillpoints then :V
Thanks.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #663 on: March 01, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
A bit delayed (I didn't notice since I don't have time to play LoT often and I don't use the characters in question often either), but Renko/Maribel still have broken ailment resistances and affinities in this file (they mimic Reimu's).

Everything else is perfect though, including the EXP values and such.

Fixed save file attached in my post.

« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
Fixed save file attached in my post.

Awesome, thanks~

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #665 on: March 02, 2011, 06:51:46 AM »
Got the rest of 23F mapped out today, and a good portion of 24F. After getting sick of being outsped by Evil Jewels and Hell Lanterns I buffed Mystia and Orin's speeds over 750 (as well as Suwako's over 475 for added safety) :V

I think I'll grind here for a while and enjoy the battle music.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #666 on: March 02, 2011, 08:46:27 PM »
Got the rest of 23F mapped out today, and a good portion of 24F. After getting sick of being outsped by Evil Jewels and Hell Lanterns I buffed Mystia and Orin's speeds over 750 (as well as Suwako's over 475 for added safety) :V

I wouldn't if I were you. you're pretty close to 27 which is THE grind spot in the entire game, and it has the same battle music anyway.

edit:
derp.. wait.. are you playing special disk? I thought +disk had the 3rd battle track at floor 24+, but the special disk made it the battle music for 20f as well right?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #667 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:55 PM »
I wouldn't if I were you. you're pretty close to 27 which is THE grind spot in the entire game, and it has the same battle music anyway.

edit:
derp.. wait.. are you playing special disk? I thought +disk had the 3rd battle track at floor 24+, but the special disk made it the battle music for 20f as well right?

Yeah, it does make the third battle music play on the latter parts of 20F. No Celluloid :(

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #668 on: March 02, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »

Have fun with Yuuka.  If you haven't been using Flan, I'd grind her up literally just for this battle. 
The other boss is inconsequential unless you choose not to abuse paralysis and Kanako.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #669 on: March 03, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »
While exploring 18F, I accidentally ran into Rinnosuke.... with Marisa only.
All I have to say is that....
1. Awesome music (out of the <10 seconds that I heard)
2. He is strong...
3. Fucking hot, too.

:ohdear:
Gotta levelgrind moar.....

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #670 on: March 03, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »
Have fun with Yuuka.  If you haven't been using Flan, I'd grind her up literally just for this battle. 
The other boss is inconsequential unless you choose not to abuse paralysis and Kanako.
Reimu's only level 202 for me, so Yuuka's a while away for me still. As for Flame Tyrant I easy-modo'd him and got the drop on the second run. Currently getting thrashed by the other sigil guardians :V EDIT: decided to grind sum moar.
While exploring 18F, I accidentally ran into Rinnosuke.... with Marisa only.
All I have to say is that....
1. Awesome music (out of the <10 seconds that I heard)
2. He is strong...
3. Fucking hot, too.

:ohdear:
Gotta levelgrind moar.....
Well, his first form is one of the toughest parts of the battle because of Rasetsu Fist, which can gimp 3rd or 4th slot character if you're unlucky. He is also fast, and can't be hit with any ailments or debuffs. Keeping your defenses buffed should nullify most of the damage he can do in his elemental forms, but his wind form can inflict paralysis, and his water and spirit forms can inflict silence and the spirit form also can inflict death, his nature form can inflict a high level poison and finally, his mystic form can inflict debuffs. The elemental forms are weak to their opposite elements, so take advantage of that to plow through the forms. If you take too long to kill an elemental form, he'll switch to another form, and the damaged form will recover hp as the battle progresses. This can be used to your advantage to leave his easiest form for last (fire form usually), which you can set up on to prepare for his final form. His final form is much like his first form except he can use a powerful self-buff which makes his attacks much more dangerous, but he only has 200k hp in this form, which can be blown away with one or two nukes (although he does have 150 affinity in all elements in this form)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:48:11 AM by Rukoto »

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #671 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:37 AM »
(although he does have 150 affinity in all elements in this form)

On the other hand, 2.06+ Nitori can hit for 100k with pure offensive setup + buffs. 
You just gotta pull another 100k, and considering there's awesome non-elemental attackers like Youmu and Remi (and Yukari if you have Ran and Chen on the front line), and I'm pretty sure Marisa can break through it too.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #672 on: March 04, 2011, 12:50:26 AM »
Finally took out the Celestial Bright Demon, and I wish I could say the same about Baal Avatar. I'm having problems surviving most of its attacks once it starts speeding up. Tips and suggestions are always welcome.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #673 on: March 04, 2011, 01:07:07 AM »
On the other hand, 2.06+ Nitori can hit for 100k with pure offensive setup + buffs. 
You just gotta pull another 100k, and considering there's awesome non-elemental attackers like Youmu and Remi (and Yukari if you have Ran and Chen on the front line), and I'm pretty sure Marisa can break through it too.

How about Youmu, Remilia, and Nitori + Yukari's Spiriting Away?
I'm almost done fully mapping 18F. What level should I be?  :ohdear:

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #674 on: March 04, 2011, 01:42:05 AM »
How about Youmu, Remilia, and Nitori + Yukari's Spiriting Away?
I'm almost done fully mapping 18F. What level should I be?  :ohdear:

Wiki recommends 90+ for that battle. But if you're strong enough to reach his final form, you should be strong enough, especially when buffed, to knock out the last 200k of his hp. And being prepared for his final form is easy if you set up right before you finish off his last elemental form. Also, he only uses his self-buff in that form every 4th turn, which happen to be the same turn he'd use a powerful nuke in his elemental forms. So you could kill off his last form after just before he uses Flowing Hellfire / Wild Dance of Freezing Mist / Enma's Lightning / The Word for World is Forest / Shining Stars of Traumerei / Shooting Star, and he wouldn't use his buff for another 3 turns because he'd waste that turn using Form Destruction instead.

EDIT: Forgot about Form Destruction; edited my post to reflect that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:05:00 AM by Rukoto »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #675 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:49 AM »
Wiki recommends 90+ for that battle. But if you're strong enough to reach his final form, you should be strong enough, especially when buffed, to knock out the last 200k of his hp. And being prepared for his final form is easy if you set up right before you finish off his last elemental form. Also, he only uses his self-buff in that form every 4th turn, which happen to be the same turn he'd use a powerful nuke in his elemental forms. So you could kill off his last form after he uses Flowing Hellfire / Wild Dance of Freezing Mist / Enma's Lightning / The Word for World is Forest / Shining Stars of Traumerei / Shooting Star, and he wouldn't use his buff for another 3 turns.

If you really want to time it, it's best to kill his elemental forms three turns after he used his last nuke, because he needs to spend the next turn using Form Destruction.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #676 on: March 04, 2011, 03:40:09 AM »
OH GOD. I was fully prepared yet he still owned my team completely. On his first form.
I'll see what I can do against Rinnosuke once I'm appropriately leveled. Meanwhile, let me Laveatein-spam level-grind a little more....  :derp:

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #677 on: March 04, 2011, 04:43:57 AM »
OH GOD. I was fully prepared yet he still owned my team completely. On his first form.
I'll see what I can do against Rinnosuke once I'm appropriately leveled. Meanwhile, let me Laveatein-spam level-grind a little more....  :derp:

His first form also has the most HP (320k) of all his forms, and that form gave me more trouble than any of his other forms for me (elemental forms are made trivial, more or less,  with appropriate equipment and party members) thanks to the raw power of Rasetsu Fist (DEF-ignoring and can inflict PAR). Aside from Rasetsu Fist, his other two (signature) moves are both composite attacks and are easily negated with boosted defenses (watch out for the TP reduction they inflict though, and Start of Heavenly Demise can deal notable damage  if your defenses aren't buffed, especially when he opens with this move). Although, truth to be told, I was at Reimu 105 when I got around to beating him  :derp:

Also, I'm still stuck at Baal Avatar. My physical tanks seem a little lacking against its raw power :ohdear:

EDIT: Forgot about Iai Slash. I need to really start checking the accuracy of my posts before I post. Arrgh
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:29:40 AM by Rukoto »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #678 on: March 04, 2011, 06:11:09 AM »
Tai slash isn't composite, and it's actually more of an issue than the fist with certain party setups.

Reimu 90 should be fine. I imagine a poorly selected party should do fine at Reimu 100.

« Reply #679 on: March 05, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »
sup guys,new here.

i recently finished the main game in 2.04 and decided to update to the 3.01 special disk version and got slapped with this nasty bug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EdAoBtuDwU

tried the cheat engine but it looks like its only used to hax items and skill points,does it even work for 3.01?

anyone ever found a fix for it?

the most obvious solutions i can think of is:

a)go back to 2.04 and use an old save file taken BEFORE i cleared 20F wasting many hours of my life,rush to the relay point in 22F and THEN finally update to the buggy special disk 3.01 english version.

i only have 2 stars though,so i have a theory that if i get the 3rd star requierement and beat the F20 boss again then maybe the stairs will finally open when the new star gets updated (will need lots of hours of playing)

i was really enjoying the special disk with its new music,graphics,level up system and spamming the M key for fast exp,but then i went "oh crap" when i wanted to test my overleveled charas in 21F and noticed im blocked. =(

i dont want to quit such a great game,already invested 80 hours in it only for it to go to waste due to not being able to access the stairs -,-

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #680 on: March 05, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »
Gotta hack the characters yourself. It's been that way for every version.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #681 on: March 06, 2011, 05:10:17 AM »
His first form also has the most HP (320k) of all his forms, and that form gave me more trouble than any of his other forms for me (elemental forms are made trivial, more or less,  with appropriate equipment and party members) thanks to the raw power of Rasetsu Fist (DEF-ignoring and can inflict PAR). Aside from Rasetsu Fist, his other two (signature) moves are both composite attacks and are easily negated with boosted defenses (watch out for the TP reduction they inflict though, and Start of Heavenly Demise can deal notable damage  if your defenses aren't buffed, especially when he opens with this move). Although, truth to be told, I was at Reimu 105 when I got around to beating him  :derp:

Also, I'm still stuck at Baal Avatar. My physical tanks seem a little lacking against its raw power :ohdear:

EDIT: Forgot about Iai Slash. I need to really start checking the accuracy of my posts before I post. Arrgh

I couldn't neutralize Baal Avatar's attacks, so I shoved two tanks and made sure Reimu could quickly recharge 72SP in order to keep everyone healed.  I also buffed her to get more out of her heals because you will be doing that.  A lot. 

Oh, and Reisen is awesome, if you've been using her.  Once she's buffed up, discarder spam can massacre his stats.  Works even better if you got Renko alongside her.

With the exceptions of Nitori, Yuugi and Suika, I'd probably stick to magic nukers as well because Baal Avatar has higher defense than he does mind. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:42:35 PM by NEETori »

« Reply #682 on: March 10, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
Hokay folks, looking for random games and found LoT about three months ago. It became a torrential love/hate thing,  playing the game for 5 to 9 hours in a row then swearing off of it when I became phallus blocked by certain floors/bosses. And finally I find two things completely blocking my way, one in the most literal sense. 20F V2... with everyone between 180 to 210, I can make it to when she has all three summons out, then things just go to Makai from there (Y MUST U SPAM RAIKAIN head thingy!?) So I figured might as well go to the upper floors and see if I can level faster there.... and that leads to my other problem. Stairs.. why won't you appear?  The wiki suggests that I use a memory edit to bypass it and see if that would fix it, but due to my ineptitude of such things I am scared to death about banishing my save to the bad place.

TL:DR, 20F V2, 21F stair, wat do.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #683 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Looks like you'll need to beat 20fV2 to see the ending again and then the stairs should appear. Otherwise, do you have enough stars?

« Reply #684 on: March 10, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »
That is the thing. Currently sitting on 5 stars, just getting my arse handed to her,  though my last attempt just went horrid (lol Hyperspace Slash DTHing three out of four people who have over 30 DTH resist) But the stair problem is my biggest concern.. I know it is a bug, just have to figure out how to fix it if possible.

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #685 on: March 10, 2011, 10:57:03 AM »
Try resealing v2 and beating v1?

« Reply #686 on: March 10, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
Ran through V1, still no stairs. After finally getting the Flower Blade for the 5th star and finding that I could not beat V2 not quite yet, I am stuck. Might try repatching special disk to see if that'll make em appear.   I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON THIS GAME DAMMIT.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:12:24 AM by Inaba Tewi »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #687 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
Mind what you post.

« Reply #688 on: March 10, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
Sorry bout that. Just highly annoyed that a bug is keeping me from progressing. Just hope that by downloading and repatching would fix it, if not I am at a loss.

« Reply #689 on: March 10, 2011, 11:48:39 AM »
I've never encountered that problem before, so I won't be much help. Worse comes to worse, you could always start over on 3.01. It shouldn't take too long to blast through the first 20 floors if you use Pesco's NG+ file.

I'm sure you don't really want to have to start over at this point. Plus disc content is worth it, honestly.

Edit: Wait. Are the 21F stairs visible, but walled off? Or have they not shown up? Learn to read better, Doc.

Anyway, you could
Try resealing v2 and beating v1?
If that doesn't work, consider a Special disc restart. No problems there.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:55:48 AM by Dr.Strafe »