Author Topic: Post Your Artwork Thread V5  (Read 255371 times)

Dark Kitsune

• Code Fox
Re: Post Your Artwork Thread V5
« Reply #810 on: April 09, 2013, 04:36:27 AM »
Very moe! I just want to hug her.
Yay for moe! Maybe I'll draw Chen next :3

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #811 on: April 09, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »
I don't draw too often, but here's something new.
This is so cool
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #812 on: April 09, 2013, 04:39:39 AM »
Inigo please draw more often

I will give you cookies and milk and love if you do

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #813 on: April 09, 2013, 04:41:11 AM »
It's seriously very original, the change of pace is great
                                                                                   .

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #814 on: April 09, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
Sixten, it was nice meeting you at the con, and thanks again for the perspective tips. I don't think I have it down quite yet, but at least I'm trying!

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

Arkeden

• That Guy
  • Live great, you need it.
« Reply #815 on: April 09, 2013, 05:35:58 PM »
Sixten, it was nice meeting you at the con, and thanks again for the perspective tips. I don't think I have it down quite yet, but at least I'm trying!

This... is so beautiful T_T It's so beautiful...

I-I-I-IT'S BEAUTIFUL!
Just started drawing! Visit my deviantart
-> http://arkeden.deviantart.com/

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #816 on: April 11, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Holy balls, Maullar. You've improved.
                                                                                   .

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #817 on: April 12, 2013, 03:59:15 AM »
@Maullar: Great job - this is much better than your classroom picture. As you can see from the convergence, you managed to guess well enough for it to be believable.

The most visible mistake is that the arm rests of the seats in the protagonist row don't line up with the arm rests of the seats in the behind row, but you have to search to find that error.

The second most visible mistake is the inconsistent spacing between the headrests of the chairs. The spacing appears to be wider in the protagonist row than in the row in front of them.

Another mistake is that the spacing between the rows of seats is too big. Remember that there are going to be tray tables that fold down from the backs of the seats, and the people behind those seats have to be able to reach those tray tables from where they are sitting. But that too is forgivable because of artistic license - if the seats were realistically spaced, they would cover up too much of the characters. In comics, realism is subordinate to storytelling, and I would probably have changed the spacing myself.

Keep up the good work.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #818 on: April 13, 2013, 04:52:29 AM »
I drew this on Colors 3D the other day. Used Hero Wan Wan as a reference.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ptp7xx.jpg

Looked much better in 3D, in my opinion.
Hero Wanwan \o\

And it's been a while since I posted something here, in the next pic do Futo's eyes looks okay? Maybe I should rotated her head a bit to the left instead of just moving the eyes :P

Image with long name
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #819 on: April 21, 2013, 02:55:59 PM »
I'm never drawing again. (click if you want your eyes to burn)

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #820 on: April 21, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
I'm never drawing again. (click if you want your eyes to burn)
My youkai eyes are still fine.
You must draw more. :<

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

Arkeden

• That Guy
  • Live great, you need it.
« Reply #821 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:55 PM »
Just started drawing! Visit my deviantart
-> http://arkeden.deviantart.com/

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #822 on: April 21, 2013, 04:03:50 PM »
My youkai eyes are still fine.
You must draw more. :<

draw more, you must.
I know but whenever I finish a drawing and look at other art I feel crushed and an embarrassment to the scared drawing community :fail:

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #823 on: April 21, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »
I know but whenever I finish a drawing and look at other art I feel crushed and an embarrassment to the scared drawing community :fail:
This feeling is normal in anything that you are beginning, like starting to do some martial arts or starting to learning how to play an instrument, anyway you should try to transform this feeling in motivation to become better.

About your drawing I think that you should try to study the anatomy basics, take a look at this link . And draw more, practice leads to the perfection :V
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #824 on: April 21, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »
link
:wikipedia:  Thanks anyways. I probably won't read every single word of it though. :getdown: One of the things I'm desperate to work on though is hands...

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #825 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:05 PM »
:wikipedia:  Thanks anyways. I probably won't read every single word of it though. :getdown: One of the things I'm desperate to work on though is hands...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHZLop6fd3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB7ab61Xu3Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yabign_KCUg

Google YouTube is your friend.

Delfigamer

« Reply #826 on: April 21, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
Being newbie sucks.
Don't be a baka and either come up with better reason or draw more. :<

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #827 on: April 21, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
Since I've already committed the sin of posting in a "Post Your Art" thread, I'll say that I've found the motivation to draw something a few times this past week only to immediately lose it when I start drawing. Gee I wonder why that happens. :V

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #828 on: April 21, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »
We're not scared :U We're also not particularly sacred, if that's what you mean either! Not everyone here is one of the Four Queens.

We've all been at your point before, or are in the middle of it right now. Nobody is really going to laugh at you or judge you. Don't worry so much and just put something out here! Embarrassment is a given (not just for drawing, either!), and yes, criticism hurts, but it can only get better - And the more guidance you get from better artists, the faster you can get over it.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #829 on: April 21, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »
We're not scared :U We're also not particularly sacred, if that's what you mean either! Not everyone here is one of the Four Queens.

We've all been at your point before, or are in the middle of it right now. Nobody is really going to laugh at you or judge you. Don't worry so much and just put something out here! Embarrassment is a given (not just for drawing, either!), and yes, criticism hurts, but it can only get better - And the more guidance you get from better artists, the faster you can get over it.
Sacred* :V :V :V

And y'know, I don't think I'm very good at taking critisism well. I want to but sometimes it hurts a lot.
Thank you all for everything~ (kind of derailed the thread though lol)
Another thing I've noticed is that I tend to draw with almost no planning beforehand. :V Maybe that's the reason why I have troubled drawing anatomy and such...
Anywaysssss, I think I've derailed the thread enough???
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:04:58 PM by ☯The Embodiment of fondue☯ »

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #830 on: April 21, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
Hey Fondue

Right click image icon > rotate image 90? clockwise
                                                                                   .

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #831 on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
And y'know, I don't think I'm very good at taking critisism well. I want to but sometimes it hurts a lot.
Improvement doesn't come without constant practice and feedback. It should hurt a bit - use that towards progression in your next creation.

Another thing I've noticed is that I tend to draw with almost no planning beforehand. :V Maybe that's the reason why I have troubled drawing anatomy and such...
Outlining and understanding basics on shapes, shading, perspective, etc. help. A good understanding will help things look more correct.

As for ideas, yeah, they often are spontaneous.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #832 on: April 23, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

Delfigamer

Quad City QBs

• tumblr, tumblr, in the attic,
  • who is the most problematic?
    • maullarmaullar @ Tumblr
« Reply #834 on: April 23, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »

That's just life. If you don't want the public to judge you and your product, go be an anonymous paper-pusher somewhere. Which you won't do, because as an artist, you thrive on the affirmation and praise of others. You crave it. There might be artists who can draw solely for their own enjoyment. If there are, we don't know about them because they don't post their work around on the internet.

You're still young, younger than I was when I started. Give it time. You'll stop caring so much about things, and you'll learn not to let criticism--constructive or otherwise--get to you so much. The worst thing you can do is write off criticism you don't like as "abuse", like Dominic Deegan's Mookie does--and utterly fail to improve after drawing every day for 10 years. Mookie's mistake is drawing this artificial distinction between "criticism" and "abuse." All criticism is useful, whether it's phrased nicely or not. Take it from me. I faced down the worst Pooshlmer and SA had to offer. And while I still have much to learn, I'm stronger for the experience.

Nothing in this post should be construed as legal advice, nor as creating an attorney-client relationship, nor as an advertisement for legal or law-related services.
Art Thread | Writing Thread | Tumblr NSFWAsk.fm

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #835 on: April 23, 2013, 10:05:01 PM »
I honestly don't think you can be bad at taking criticism unless you start getting super defensive and talking back to people. If criticism hurts your self-esteem, that's not really much of an issue. If that were the case I'd argue almost everyone is bad at taking criticism, because basically that's what it's supposed to do :U
Just accept it as a humbling moment. Humility is good.

Vyrien

• Your maiden walls
  • ...heheheheh
« Reply #836 on: April 23, 2013, 10:32:03 PM »
Nothing is more healthy for your art than a reality check. That is, if you have the willpower to not give up.
Congregation of Impertinent Drama Queens.

Art threadLivestream | Pixiv

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #837 on: April 23, 2013, 10:59:18 PM »
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2013, 01:29:53 AM »
Damn kaze those are very nice hands! her sleeves are a little weird, and her torso is quite small but otherwise, great improvement so far!

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #839 on: April 25, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »
Damn kaze those are very nice hands!
Holy crap, they really are

You improve fast for a BR, sir
                                                                                   .