Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 122055 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 5 LYLO-
« Reply #1110 on: January 27, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
What happened to believing the mod?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1111 on: January 27, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
I'm believing a definite scum result on you over a possible false positive on Affinity.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1112 on: January 27, 2012, 09:27:03 AM »
Whatever, scumskies.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1113 on: January 27, 2012, 09:28:07 AM »
Dormyon, you have a confirmed Pesco, who is his partner and where is the scum action. Stop being defensive and work towards not getting mislynched. Your tone is very caught.

I'm trying to figure out if you're both scum at this point. <_<

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1114 on: January 27, 2012, 09:29:52 AM »
If we were both scum we would be working on winning instead of turtling.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1115 on: January 27, 2012, 09:31:10 AM »
@Shadoweh: I'm reading. Again, everything I know about this game is wrong, since I thought Pesco looked town.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1116 on: January 27, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
Okay okay. Less panic, more calm. Pesco who is your character and what do they do to cop?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1117 on: January 27, 2012, 09:51:27 AM »
Tormod. Fukn shota mage.

My Celerity skill lets me riffle through people's belongings before they know I'm there. Command is ##Cop

Shadoweh

« Reply #1118 on: January 27, 2012, 10:05:15 AM »
;_; I'm going to sleep on this. Maybe by the time I wake up BT will have posted haha probably not and Dormio will say something besides hating everything haha probably not.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1119 on: January 27, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
Affinity x Pesco x PX scumteam 4 lyfe.

One fun thing to note is how PX goes about defending various people on D1.

For most people, including BT, he makes the arbitrary statement "I think that X is town."
When Pesco was attacked, however, PX performed a chainsaw defence of Pesco by questioning how valid Shadoweh's accusations against Pesco were.
PX doesn't mention Affinity, though I guess you can see some soft defending here.

I believe that Pesco and Affinity fully intended to bus PX. I mean, just look at PX's BT town claim. On top of that, both Pesco and Affinity put a case on PX during D1 and D2, but they didn't do much with it. I mean, Pesco would just complain about wanting out of the game, and Affinity just kind of dropped the case in favor of others. They didn't really bother to update their cases, instead just poking PX about whatever and leaving it at that.

They also really wanted Conq dead. I mean, if you look at Affinity's case on Conq on D3, I don't see why it was only applied to Conq.
And Pesco votes Conq for waiting for PX's clear to be clarified. You know, Pesco's been using a lot of role-based logic this game, the fact that PX was lying about his investigative role and that nobody was counterclaiming Conq's should have meant something to him, shouldn't it? Also, Pesco kind of just sits on this vote for the day.

Pesco's read on Affinity, and Affinity's questions to Pesco today also seem really fishy to me. Like it's been rehearsed, or something.
On top of this, Pesco expresses his concerns that Affinity may be immune to investigations and is therefore suspicious.
Feels like distancing or something, in case Pesco is lynched today. Also makes more sense to me since I know that Pesco is lying.

Sleep now. :/

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #1120 on: January 27, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
Shadoweh, that's insulting. Well yeah not really.

I was going to post about an Affinity X Pesco scumteam. Pesco mostly as a result of elimination, and how he acted alike Conq in that he was actively scumhunting during D2 (when his vote was on PX for the entire day) and was stubborn about not contributing anything at all during D3/D4 but "Hele or Conq flips please".

I don't need to do that now, though.

##Vote Pesco

I am Calil, Town Doctor.

N1: Shadoweh. I wanted the vig to go off and found her claim believable in general.
N2: Affinity. It was either that or Bard since I had town reads on both of them, and Bard was bulletproof/vanilla (if it was a one-timer).
N3: Pesco. Was debating between this and HW, but the latter went against the Conq lynch and I was under the Scum!Conq impression.
N4: Shadoweh. Anyone else (Dormio/Conq) would mean one person less to pursue a lynch against. I was certainly not expecting Conq to get NKd, though, as scum & scummy were after him for oh so long.

Q&A time.

Q: Why did PX claim to track you, only to get no result?
A: Good question. Well, for one, the question should be 'why PX claimed to track me in the first place', which is still tough to answer. I GUESS he was trying to make my lynch easier once he flips? Either way, I can now say with confidence that the PX bus on D2 was planned from the beginning - whether the scumteam copped me or not, PX was not meant to put an effort into surviving: if they copped me, PX would be intentionally giving info that can cause his lynch. If not, he was taking the risk that I DID have an action. Of course, had they really copped me, I doubt they wouldn't have NKed me by now. Which leads me to think that they wanted PX to take the risk anyway. If I countered his claim - they had just caused a PR to out himself. If not - it's rolefishing anyway since they know I'm vanilla and they added more reason to vote for me as an added bonus.

Q: Why did you not counter PX's claim?
A: This should be a given after the first answer. I was lucky that PX revealed the full extent of his 'claim' only after I had logged off, and even more luckier (and thankful as all fuck) when Shadoweh vigged him; this meant that I did no longer have to counter PX's claim in order for people to lynch him. So, I subtly concurred with his claim in that I did not respond to it: making scum think that I am indeed vanilla, thus making me survive until today. Kinda nice, eh?

Q: Doctor + Bulletproof? What???
A: Schezo DID say that we should expect the bizarre. :V

Of course, scum thinking I am vanilla had one more result: Pesco's claim today. With Vanilla!BT, this makes the layout Bulletproof-Tracker-Vig-(Cop). Without it... Bulletproof-Tracker-Vig-Doctor-(Cop). A bit too many PRs in one game, no?

And with Pesco's input regrading his claim, there are literally two routes left for me to choose from (if we pretend that I did not make the choice already):

Town!BT
Town!Pesco
Town!Affinity
Scum!Dormio
Scum!Shadoweh

and

Town!BT
Scum!Pesco
???!Affinity (the town cop result MAY be a double-fake, I guess)
Town!Dormio (Scum pushing for Town)
???!Shadoweh

Let's pretend that I am undecided and MAY think that Scum!Shadoweh/Town!Affinity is an option. What is this, then?
It's one of those times where the facts say one thing and gut says another. PX wasn't in any danger at the start of Day2. If myself or Affinity were scum, then our votes on PX would be overbussing since that put him as the forerunner wagon. The cred from such a move doesn't last and maintaining numbers would be far more beneficial to scum than making themselves need to survive 2 extra days. Up till there his play has been reasonable enough to me to not consider him a prime lynch target. He's an outside shot that should be policy lynched at LyLo as I would do to bofh or Kitten for surviving that long.
This was Pesco when questioned about his Affinity read. During D4.
N3 - Affinity - Town
This was Pesco today.

So, yes, ##Vote Pesco, for good measure no reason at all.

Affinity's up next. Unless he would like to present perfect reasons as to why Shadoweh is Pesco's partner. Yeah, right.

Good night Dormio ;/

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1121 on: January 27, 2012, 01:41:52 PM »
N3 I check Affinity and on Day4 I have a town result to work with. What's wrong with that?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1122 on: January 27, 2012, 01:56:32 PM »
Seems out-of-character to support a policy lynch on a guy you know is town, even if you do end up claiming before/during LYLO. That's not a thing though - I pointed that out with Scum!Pesco in mind, because, you know, you're scum, and it was under the specific scenario in which you are lying and Affinity isn't obvtown.

Seems very character for scum to be distancing w/ Affinity in this way, since it also makes people drop the subject when you still have a rather unclear read of him. Not to mention, naming him as a town cop result today is even more reason to not elaborate on your Affinity read.

And, again, I was never assuming Town!Pesco here.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1123 on: January 27, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »
If Dormio is scum and Affinity is town, it's either me or Shadoweh. If I am town, you would want to convince me of Scum!Shadoweh. Seems you're not even going that route, though. Am I scum or not?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1124 on: January 27, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
Also, if I am scum with Dormio, you're gonna have to explain our kneejerking during most of the game. :V

Shadoweh

« Reply #1125 on: January 27, 2012, 02:31:48 PM »
Uh. Affinity, you feel like hammering? It'd be cool if you come in and be all I r here.
It would also save me sleep. SUDDENLY POWERROLES EVERYWHERE. At least it's a fun lylo!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1126 on: January 27, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
There's no in-character or out-of character play that you can use to read me because I'm more aware of what I do than you would be. Using meta to figure me out is just inflicting WIFOM on everyone else.

PX flipped a goon. He had no abilities. What does it matter for him to not have a result when he's lying anyway? You simply weren't here at the time to counterclaim PX, there's no need to say anything more. Why are you a doc? Because outguessing the mod at LyLo is a good idea?

But that's all irrelevant here. Your claim is a lot of unnecessary words to try and sound more believable. Your targets are all people that weren't necessarily in danger of eating the kill. None of those points indicate why my role doesn't exist. Your claim as doc gives you an out for surviving N5 after we lynch scumDormio, self protect and forgoing the kill or even just claiming blocked. There are too many things that make convenient fitting in your story.

At worst Shadoweh can only be SK by holding back on her kills. This comes back to trying to outguess the mod if I'm going to consider her being third party. I would consider that being Schezo's first game, he wouldn't try anything crazy. It's not his method to make a whole new setup, but rather take an established one. He did this for Diplomacy and he did it for Monopoly. In the current game state, Shadoweh can only be town because she was under Lynch all Liars scrutiny from Day2. She's claimed her lone shot on flipped scum and that was the end of it. I don't need to overthink things and chase a narrow possibility, the simplest explanation of all her actions is that she's a town vig with one shot.

You answered your own question about Dormio. It's bussing. The two of you could tunnel each other all game and nobody would have given a second thought. Your lynches weren't going anywhere, it passes off as activity and you don't tie yourself too strongly to any of the major wagons. We'll just get to see your 'kneejerking' rationale in the QT after the game.

As for me, I'm not concerned about scum quickhammering seeing as both of you are already voting me. The optimal play for scum when caught out by a cop is to throw in a counterclaim. It forces town to polarize between the information and it turs their sure-loss into a 50/50.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1127 on: January 27, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
What rationale did I have behind bussing Dormio on D1? Assuming BT-Dormio-PX scumteam, what reason did we have to massbus Dormio while mostly parroting? That Dormio lynch was certainly going somewhere, and I was trying to get him lynched ever since.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1128 on: January 27, 2012, 02:55:36 PM »
Where is my claim 'unnecessary words'? I find it all essential to understand my play with it. Care to explain how your own claim fits with how you've played during the entire game, and how mine doesn't?

Shadoweh

« Reply #1129 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »
Is it really that hard to believe I'm town? :/ Like Super-High School Level Townie Confirmed 5000?

BT, why did you protect me Night 1? Your stated reason is you wanted the vig to go off (No you didn't I was going to shoot you or Conq) but my Vig would have in theory gone off during the night whether I lived or died. Why didn't you keep protecting me N2?
Q: Why did you not counter PX's claim?
A: This should be a given after the first answer. I was lucky that PX revealed the full extent of his 'claim' only after I had logged off, and even more luckier (and thankful as all fuck) when Shadoweh vigged him; this meant that I did no longer have to counter PX's claim in order for people to lynch him. So, I subtly concurred with his claim in that I did not respond to it: making scum think that I am indeed vanilla, thus making me survive until today. Kinda nice, eh?
His original claim was just that you were confirmed town. You had no reason not to agree with him about that part, regardless of role. ?_?

I have forgot-ten, why were you voting Conqueror on Day 3?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1130 on: January 27, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
You said you wanted to vig me or Conq only after N1 ended. I thought you were going to vig Pesco.

Judging from your play during D2, I was positive that you were going to vig HW and that a Dormio/Conq scumteam would not try to foil that, so I wasn't even considering the possibility of your NK.

The Conq lynch was mostly due to how I read him as scummy from the few non-null posts of his. Also due to the fact that he claimed Watcher, which, as HW (I think?) stated somewhere, is highly unlikely with Bulletproof if another protective role exists (guess who that was?).

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1131 on: January 27, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
His claim was originally that I was confirmed town.

That changed to "BT is vanilla".

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1132 on: January 27, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »
Oh, and I didn't think your kill would go off if you were killed yourself.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1133 on: January 27, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »
What rationale did I have behind bussing Dormio on D1? Assuming BT-Dormio-PX scumteam, what reason did we have to massbus Dormio while mostly parroting? That Dormio lynch was certainly going somewhere, and I was trying to get him lynched ever since.

By your 'mostly parroting', you aren't the driving force behind getting him lynched. There were sufficient numbers against his lynch that it would be averted. For you to continue tunneling him, it would give us the impression that you were being consistent with your suspicions. When your Dormio case got so heavily discredited you had to switch. Since the flow of the game seemed to be following my reads at the time, you came along for the ride and kept Dormio on second in case you had to resume bussing. And as I said, whatever reasons scum have for doing the things they did this game, we can confirm it in their QT postgame.

Where is my claim 'unnecessary words'? I find it all essential to understand my play with it. Care to explain how your own claim fits with how you've played during the entire game, and how mine doesn't?

Shadoweh answered you with the cut. Your first 2 questions could be answered simply with that you were asleep and not there. There's nothing anyone can argue for otherwise. Your third question is asking us to outguess the mod. Townies don't do that in LyLo. They use provable facts such as Shadoweh's vig and my scum result on PX.

I think I've already explained why I chose my targets for each of the nights. Only PX's one perhaps needs a bit more showing.
Sooooo.... Care for a nice chat? Unfortunately, we couldn't have Vi/Umu join us. Meh, oh well.

##Vote: Bardiche
Unconfirmed scum jerk

FirstPostMindHax

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1134 on: January 27, 2012, 03:12:25 PM »
Judging from your play during D2, I was positive that you were going to vig HW and that a Dormio/Conq scumteam would not try to foil that, so I wasn't even considering the possibility of your NK.

Why would you be making decisions based on possible scumteams when no scum had flipped?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1135 on: January 27, 2012, 03:16:29 PM »
Because I was being stubborn with my reads? And was ~super positive~ that I had found the scumteam?

Honestly, was this not showing during most of the game?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #1136 on: January 27, 2012, 03:18:11 PM »
And you were one of the people that called Hele scummy for being super stubborn with his reads. Quite some hipocrasy coming from caught scum.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1137 on: January 27, 2012, 03:19:13 PM »
...Oh my god. There's no way that was an accident. PXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Why did you not bring that up, seriously? >_>

I hate both of you. It's like a contest to see who can claim something scummier. No matter who wins, Shadoweh loses her mind.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1138 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
That is actually a very good question.

Why did you not bring that up?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #1139 on: January 27, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
Hi, Pesco, remember that thing how I never actually supported Hele's lynch?

You know, the scummy =/= scum thing.

Quit throwing everything you can find on me.