Author Topic: Cosmic Break  (Read 211767 times)

Re: Cosmic Break
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2011, 06:51:13 AM »
I would assume it has a set damage threshold, once it's exceeded, you gotta wait before bringing it back online.

Look at it in star trek terms.
Deflector Shields only can take a set level of damage before they fail.
The baltheon shield is likely the same.
Correct.  Baltheon shields take 500~600 damage before faltering.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #631 on: March 06, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
I figured as much.
Which would indicate that either those were some hella strong missiles, or he'd already been pushed to the limit, or reasonably close to it.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #632 on: March 06, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
I figured as much.
Which would indicate that either those were some hella strong missiles, or he'd already been pushed to the limit, or reasonably close to it.
Considering the shield doesn't have tgh, it drops a lot faster than you'd think.  My Thoarla can break one in 1.6 seconds flat with a single custom shotgun.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #633 on: March 06, 2011, 05:33:53 PM »
Considering the shield doesn't have tgh, it drops a lot faster than you'd think.  My Thoarla can break one in 1.6 seconds flat with a single custom shotgun.

After using Baltheon, I never realized how many AIRss used slayer bits. Frau legs have become even more annoying.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #634 on: March 06, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
After using Baltheon, I never realized how many AIRss used slayer bits. Frau legs have become even more annoying.
Not much reason to use anything else, aside from propeller bits.  Dual laser bits are good, but unreliable and don't last as long.   Plus, Slayers let you take arts on head-to-head.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #635 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:35 PM »
I think Baltheon is most useful when there's a lot of Arts on the enemy side.

EDIT: Hooray, my first crown
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:02:10 PM by Admiral Skye »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #636 on: March 07, 2011, 05:35:00 AM »
Not much reason to use anything else, aside from propeller bits.  Dual laser bits are good, but unreliable and don't last as long.   Plus, Slayers let you take arts on head-to-head.

I thought Airs could already take ARTs head-to-head, and that it was a major complaint among ART users. I certainly have no problem doing it with dual beam bits(my preferred bit,) though idk how good the ARTs were. The main problem when facing ARTs as an air is that they're in packs, and I don't see how a slayer would help with that.

Also, is there a reason they took dual blaster bits out of the shop? I don't remember too many complaints about them. I liked to use them in my Berz runs.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
  • I've got better things to do tonight than die.
« Reply #637 on: March 07, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »
I wouldn't say head to head, you still need a lot of altitude to be able to pull it off comfortably, even then, them fat arts tend to have a lot of HP so it's by no means easy to chew through all that HP before you start getting shot at from every direction (unless it's an Art that's caught out of position of course). The advantage Air has over Arts is simply the ability to circle strafe the bastard without worrying about retaliation from that unit, nothing more, nothing less, there's really nothing an art can do to air circle strafe aside from taking cover. Even with that, an Air unit will still have to find a safe spot to land to regen its boost, and since you are likely behind enemy line for taking on an Art, to comfortably regen your boost is also quite the task. This is why Seraph is one of the most headache-inducing Air unit around, with the aid of their wings, they are able to stay in air for a long period of time without needing to worry about being hit by missiles thanks to the wing's anti-homing feature.

Now with Slayer Bit, you won't need to abuse altitude as much as usual, as your Slayer bit will guarantee to hitstun the Art, making it even more difficult for them to retaliate whilst dealing impressive damage.

And odd, I don't ever recall seeing Dual-Blaster bits in shop :V

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
Not quite gameplay-related, but...
Hey, found it while browsing Portal vids of all things.

Huh, I always knew cosmic break fans and touhou fans were essentially one and the same.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
Not quite gameplay-related, but...
Hey, found it while browsing Portal vids of all things.

Huh, I always knew cosmic break fans and touhou fans were essentially one and the same.
I think videos of this theme were posted some time ago back in the beta thread. Might as well repost one very notable one: Communication Breaker Dancer
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #640 on: March 08, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
test video

no audio

it is a test video so i would like you guys to tell me what you think about the quality

Fraps 3.2.2 - VirtualDub - xvid codec
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #641 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
Quality-wise it's not far off from the japanese vids I've seen drifting around.
Needs audio, but that's to be expected when you weren't going specifically for that eh?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #642 on: March 09, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »
Crim AM2 is starting to grow on me.

Also, I don't recommend fighting 3* frac with a laz using a rifle and buckler.  It doesn't work very well.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #643 on: March 09, 2011, 02:10:26 AM »
Crim AM2 is starting to grow on me.

Also, I don't recommend fighting 3* frac with a laz using a rifle and buckler.  It doesn't work very well.

May I ask who tried that and why? Also, do you find Jupitizer useful during the first part? I would also like to find out what damage it does to a ps.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #644 on: March 09, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
May I ask who tried that and why? Also, do you find Jupitizer useful during the first part? I would also like to find out what damage it does to a ps.
Me, because the room leader started the quest for lulz when I was showing Vyo something with Laz BS in the ground area :c

For the first part, imo, Jupitizer < Blasters < Stardust Cannons < Stardust Missiles < Jupitizer Io

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #645 on: March 10, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
Me, because the room leader started the quest for lulz when I was showing Vyo something with Laz BS in the ground area :c

For the first part, imo, Jupitizer < Blasters < Stardust Cannons < Stardust Missiles < Jupitizer Io

Really? I would think that Jupitizer would love it. I guess if nothing else it conserves ammo. Also, Stardust Missiles?(Assuming Io is fraiza)

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #646 on: March 10, 2011, 02:09:13 AM »
Also, Stardust Missiles?
Stardust shotgun that Cetusion and Gwyain have.  Really rapes crowds.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #647 on: March 10, 2011, 03:16:36 AM »
Stardust shotgun that Cetusion and Gwyain have.  Really rapes crowds.

I see. Btw, where did you get your custom shotgun? It sounds great from the way you describe it, but I can't find out where to get it.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #648 on: March 10, 2011, 03:25:12 AM »
I see. Btw, where did you get your custom shotgun? It sounds great from the way you describe it, but I can't find out where to get it.
Fractulus.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #649 on: March 10, 2011, 03:33:13 AM »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #650 on: March 10, 2011, 04:18:12 AM »
Any specific star?
Nope.  Allegedly you've got a better chance of it dropping on higher difficulties, but I've gotten one on each difficulty, and the one I got from 1* was the only slotted one I got.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #651 on: March 10, 2011, 09:31:55 AM »
Huh...I may have to try a frac run or three, I do need a better shotgun than the generic/sweepers I have..
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #652 on: March 10, 2011, 11:55:25 AM »
nice login loot today, many cubes
I got,

volcano grenade
Christmas Mecha Jetter Girl
Jack Gadget 2

Player name is Ayrix btw.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #653 on: March 10, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
I got Lily Rain Majalis(White Hair)
Lily Rain(Black Hair) >:|
and Zero Fighter(what is he? Zero Sabers unsuccessful brother or something, his stats don't seem great to me)

Other things I got were Pink Seraph Promotion and the Doom Slayer. It's like a Metal Slayer but bigger, it also lunges pretty far in an attack.

Also, what's the difference between Lily and Majalis? Their internal weapons are pretty much the same except that Majalis' Psyslicer is weaker while every other stat on that weapon remains the same. I'm guessing she can shoot more blades.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #654 on: March 10, 2011, 01:30:40 PM »
Okay...let's see what the cubes gave me....
Pawnger huh? Not impressed.
Jikun Long eh? Shouldn't I get another one later via rankup?
And cube 3....... Was a Thoarla Nimbus.

HELL YEAH
Now to test out my new air!
....Wonder when I'll get one of those super-rifles for large airs everyone was going on about earlier on in this thread?
What was it again, Stardust Cannon?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #655 on: March 10, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
Amaetus Nova... just right after leveling my normal one to 10 and giving it 40 TEC. What's new with this nova version?
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #656 on: March 10, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
[06:02] <Choja> HEY VERAFICE
[06:03] <Choja> SHOULD I RECORD [RO] CUBE OPENING WITH FRAPS
[06:03] <B2Seeker> YES
[06:03] <B2Seeker> YES
[06:03] <Verafice> LOG YOUR IDSAPOINTMENT
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #657 on: March 10, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I got Lily Rain Majalis(White Hair)

First Patty, now this, you lucky fuck. *drop kicks, follows up with a german suplex then a DDT*

Majalis's slicers can be launched whenever without your movement being interrupted, it comes at it cost of less damage and no bouncing feature (which isn't always a bad thing).

1-2 hours before I can get home and get my triple froglanders from the cubes, can't wait.

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
« Reply #658 on: March 10, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
Horie dorie~

reVelske

• Epitome of Justice
« Reply #659 on: March 10, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
@Choja: Hound Dog + Cross Raptor + Core Breaker, come on, that ain't bad at all.