Author Topic: Yin-Yang Orb Quest  (Read 41803 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Yin-Yang Orb Quest
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 11:36:15 PM »
>Are we capable of moving now?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:15 AM »
lol, the only finnish I know comes from that comic
>"I can try, or maybe you can carry me?"
>Don't fairies have a compulsion to attack Reimu?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »
>Give it a try.
>If it's too hard or we're too slow, ask the fairy if she'd be willing to help.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 03:52:20 AM »
>Are we capable of moving now?
>You're not sure, the pain hasn't begun subsiding yet..

>"I can try, or maybe you can carry me?"
>The fairy nods to you again. "It's fine, I can carry you if you can't do it... I think."

>Give it a try.
>You struggle, but in vain. You can't take off in your current condition.
>The fairy observes your attempt and frowns. "Guess that means I'm gonna carry you."
>She walks down to the bottom of your crater to pick you up, revealing her battle damaged poofy white dress. Nothing special about it in comparison to other fairies' clothes, apart from the small yellow bowtie on the collar of her dress. You estimate she's about 3/4 the height of Reimu, which is definitely in the upper spectrum of normal fairy height. Transparent white butterfly-like wings spread behind her back.

>She picks you up with only her right arm, since her left one seems to be injured beyond the ability to function.
>She presses you against her flat chest in order to maintain a firm grip on you with only her right arm. She barely manages to climb out of the crater and starts to limp towards the nearby forest. Poor thing, she's had her share of grievous bodily harm today. Also, there's many wounded fairies suffering on the field who Reimu just couldn't finish off on the spot, so your carrier has to avoid stepping on them.

>After limping to the edge of the forest, she crawls under a large bush and places you on her right side.
>"We made it. Let's see if red-white's up to anything." You've no idea why she's whispering to you, since Reimu definitely can't hear you from this far away. Especially not while up in the air.

>Don't fairies have a compulsion to attack Reimu?

>Most fairies do seem to be hostile against her and other prime youkai exterminators, but of course, there are exceptions. Best one you can think of are the Three Fairies who apparently live near Hakurei Shrine.
>You're unsure why this fairy has shown care for you instead of typical fairy behaviour, and why she wants to avoid Reimu right now. Whatever her motives might be, she seems plenty serious about this current situation.

>_

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 06:06:57 AM by Tapsa »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2014, 01:01:37 AM »
>Alas, we are but one orb, and cannot fulfill her dreams of oppai
>Quietly in return, if we can 'whisper' with our methods of speaking: "How will you do that?"
>If there's a lull, also ask why she's being quiet. She probably knows something we don't...

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »
>"Do you have a name, dear fairy friend?"

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »
>Alas, we are but one orb, and cannot fulfill her dreams of oppai
>Quietly in return, if we can 'whisper' with our methods of speaking: "How will you do that?"
>Not so! Your spherical form would make great pads for her if you were to split in to two halves in some freak accident.

>It's kind of hard to whisper because you don't know how to think quietly.
>"How will I do what? Just gonna watch what that shrine maiden's up to.", responds the fairy.

>She pushes you forward so that you're slightly jutting out of the bush. With a slight delay, her head pops out from the concealment of the bush as well.
>You see Reimu is still hovering in the sky. However, she doesn't begin descending down on the field, but instead starts flying toward her original heading. Soon, she cannot be seen from your position anymore.

>"Heh, you really thought she'd come down here? Silly orb. " The fairy giggles at you. "Why'd she care about a field fulla moaning fairies? Come on."

>"Do you have a name, dear fairy friend?"
>"I'm Hima! Or Himawari, if you wanna be formal."
>She pauses to think for a moment. "I guess you orbs don't have any names, right?"

>If there's a lull, also ask why she's being quiet. She probably knows something we don't...
>You suspect the fairy knows something you don't.
>"Haven't you noticed what odd's been happening recently?", the fairy asks you.

>_
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 10:13:36 PM by Tapsa »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 10:44:16 PM »
>HAVE we noticed what odd things have been happening recently?

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2014, 02:48:59 AM »
>Aside from fairies randomly being able to hear us, that is.
>"Reimu may have wanted to finish the job if she was worried about any recovering to come after her. But I suppose I'm being paranoid."

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2014, 09:34:14 AM »
>"Reimu may have wanted to finish the job if she was worried about any recovering to come after her. But I suppose I'm being paranoid."

>Himawari crawls out of the bush where you both were hiding and picks herself up. It would've probably took more labor from her if she didn't have fairy wings to boost her motions with, since she's only got one working arm right now.
>"I don't think anybody out there on the field is fit for goin' after 'er anymore. Just look what she did to me.." Himawari grimaces and grabs her disabled left arm. "By gods, if you knew how much this really hurts..."

>HAVE we noticed what odd things have been happening recently?

>Aside from a fairy being able to hear you, you've only noticed one other thing that strikes you as odd.

>The weather has been scorching for well over a week now. You haven't seen fluffy clouds in the skies or a drop of rain since this began.
>While heat waves do occur in Gensokyo occassionally, this summer is going to break records at this rate. Even when the sun's down the same dry heat reigns. When you passed by the outskirts of Human Village earlier today, you saw signs of a minor drought developing around those parts.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
>Try moving around.
>"Its been pretty hot lately, hasn't it?"

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
>Try moving around.
>"Its been pretty hot lately, hasn't it?"

>You feel like you're slowly starting to recover from that divekick, perhaps you can now move around a little?
>By concentrating hard enough, you manage to roll out from the edge of the bush by your own means.
>Himawari is amused by your few failed attempts to take off the ground, since it looked like you were desperately trying to put out an imaginary fire by rolling around. However, your embarrassing attempts pay out, as you're now levitating on the level of Himawari's face.
>"Good! I didn't wanna carry you around too much, you're heavy!"

>"Yup. It's been too hot for far too long!" She wipes off some sweat from her forehead hidden under her dark red bangs. "There's gotta be something weird going on."
>"It's so hot I'd love to go to Misty Lake and hug Cirno right about now."

>_
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:14:52 PM by Tapsa »

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
>Come to think of it, did our parents name us?
>How proficient are we at spinning?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2014, 02:43:55 PM »
>"Huh...And she did shoot down pretty much everyone pretty viciously. Even blasted me into the ground when all I was trying to do was greet her."
>Insert Beat panel Here
>"...Incident! I bet that's what's going on! Reimu must be just as bugged by the abnormal heat as everyone else. And when Reimu gets annoyed..."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »
>Was Armpits headed in the direction of Misty Lake?
>We don't need to eat, do we?
>If the drought's that bad, the human village may have some trouble... guess it's understandable she's mad.

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00:24 PM »
>Come to think of it, did our parents name us?
>How proficient are we at spinning?
>You don't recall ever having a name. Your parents called you their child, and respectfully, you called them your mom and dad.

>You can spin as much as you like, since you do not have a sense of balance that can get disrupted. However, spinning too fast will cause your world to become a blur making seeing anything impossible, since your vision has its limitations.

>"Huh...And she did shoot down pretty much everyone pretty viciously. Even blasted me into the ground when all I was trying to do was greet her."
>Insert Beat panel Here
>"...Incident! I bet that's what's going on! Reimu must be just as bugged by the abnormal heat as everyone else. And when Reimu gets annoyed..."

>"Yeah, I saw what you were doing. Think we pretty much all saw that. She didn't seem to be in the mood for greetings back there!"

>"You betcha! This has to be an Incident. Something doesn't feel natural about this heat, you know."
>Himawari brushes off some dirt from her damaged white dress. "Oh, and don't dwell on Reimu too much, okay? You won't get your face wrecked if you don't act like a chump around her. She's not the scariest shrine maiden out there if you don't count her power."

>Was Armpits headed in the direction of Misty Lake?
>We don't need to eat, do we?
>If the drought's that bad, the human village may have some trouble... guess it's understandable she's mad.

>She could've been heading towards Misty Lake. However, her bearing could also be set on Human Village or Forest of Magic, since these three areas are within similar distance from each other and in the same direction from this field.

>You don't need to eat. Kind of hard when you don't have a mouth, isn't it?

>The drought seemed minor as of now on the outskirts of Human Village, but if this weather and temperature continues, it may indeed become quite troublesome for the humans on the long term.

>_
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 07:13:20 PM by Tapsa »

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
>"Should we avoid getting involved? It seems I've already been rejected."
>What do we know about the healing prowess of fairies? Will our new friend be in need of help for a while?

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
>"Should we avoid getting involved? It seems I've already been rejected."
>What do we know about the healing prowess of fairies? Will our new friend be in need of help for a while?

>Himawari furrows her eyebrows as she hears your question. "Why do you think you've been rejected?"

>An oft forgotten trait of fairies is their ability to regenerate over time. The reason this is forgotten may be due to the fact that most fairies tend to perish easily, so they don't get a chance to heal their wounds.
>Himawari's wounds are going to heal, unless if Reimu inflicted injuries that cannot be healed by her body alone.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2014, 09:48:39 PM »
>"Well, getting a talisman smacked on what passes for a face among us Orbs, then kicked into the ground so hard you make a decent crater on impact good enough?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2014, 12:38:36 AM »
>Do we know anything about the special power of some Yin-Yang orbs to communicate over long distances? Could our newfound communication ability be somehow related?

« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 05:43:50 AM »
>"Well, getting a talisman smacked on what passes for a face among us Orbs, then kicked into the ground so hard you make a decent crater on impact good enough?"

>"It's not like you need a permission from her to investigate.. but intervening would be so cool."

>Do we know anything about the special power of some Yin-Yang orbs to communicate over long distances? Could our newfound communication ability be somehow related?

>You've no idea. This form of communication is about as limited in certain aspects as speech is. The farther you are from an orb, the farther their voice is. You can't hear someone miles away, no matter how hard they concentrate on getting their message to you.

>_

« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »
> Walk the Orbwalk (ability check)

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »
> Walk the Orbwalk (ability check)

>Orbwalk? Surely, the existence of that technique is only a wild rumor.

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »
>"Reimu's already fought with us once. I would be willing to expect her to strike first if we encounter her during the investigations again, and trying to figure things out would make that more likely."
>"Then again, I do want to understand why you can hear me when most fairies can't... if you're set on looking into it, I guess I could tag along until we get some clues about that. I don't see how they'd be related, but..."

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 04:57:31 PM »
>Do we have any magical abilities aside from flying, danmaku, talking to fairies?

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »
>Do we have any magical abilities aside from flying, danmaku, talking to fairies?

>That's about all the magical abilities you have. You're not a magician or a sorcerer, for sure!
>However, like other orbs, you can activate an adaptive camouflage that will allow you to blend in well with your surroundings. You used this when you gave a surprise hug to Reimu. One that backfired horribly.
>Humans and lesser beings in general seem to have a very hard time noticing you while you're camouflaged.

>"Reimu's already fought with us once. I would be willing to expect her to strike first if we encounter her during the investigations again, and trying to figure things out would make that more likely."

>"You really think she'd recall us if we wandered close to her again? C'mon, we're just a fairy and an orb."
>She glances at the field with wounded fairies lying in it before returning her gaze back to you. "Can't say that being in her way isn't a quick way to get wrecked, tho."

>"Then again, I do want to understand why you can hear me when most fairies can't... if you're set on looking into it, I guess I could tag along until we get some clues about that. I don't see how they'd be related, but..."

>"Yeah!" Himawari fistpumps. "Knew you'd be up for this!"
>"I gotta grab some gear first from my stash near the Lake, okay? Might even run into my pal there!"

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2014, 03:45:53 AM »
>"Alright. What's your pal like, then? Do you think they'd be able to hear me?"

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 11:53:04 AM »
>"Alright. What's your pal like, then? Do you think they'd be able to hear me?"

>"She's a fairy. Frilly light blue dress, long narrow wings, short black hair. She's got a real weird hair style, hard to miss her in a crowd."
>"She's a bit timid, though. Doubt she wants to join us." Himawari shrugs to your second question. "Dunno. You even sure you can talk to others? Never met a talking orb 'til now."

>_

E-Nazrin

• fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »
>Explain the way orb talking usually works to her on the way.

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
>Explain the way orb talking usually works to her on the way.

>You decide it would be best to explain to Himawari how orb talking works while en route to your destination, so that you both can finally embark on the journey towards Misty Lake.

>You still haven't fully recovered from Reimu's manhandling, but neither has your fairy companion from the looks of it. You both agree to stick as close to ground as possible while on the way to the Lake, since if Himawari suddenly becomes too tired to fly due to her wounds while high up in the skies, the results won't be pretty if she falls.

>You head west with Himawari levitating with the power of her wings by your side, through the sparse coniferous forest.
>While levitating towards west in the forest, you quickly explain to Himawari how your "talking" works and how you've only been able to "talk" to other orbs, until Reimu beat you up.
>"Huh, weird little things, aren't you?" she says.

>That forest wasn't very expansive at that part, really. It only took you ten minutes tops to reach the western edge of the forest while levitating forwards at a walking pace.

>After exiting the forest, you find yourself in the middle of an another grassy field with your fairy companion. There's an another forest to the west that you'll have to go through in order to get closer to Misty Lake. There's a large field of sunflowers close to you, and it expands towards north. Its flowers gently sway from the occasional breeze.

>You spot someone exit the field of sunflowers from its west side.
>It's a green-haired lady with a folded parasol in her hand. The sunflowers here are slightly more taller than she is, so you couldn't have noticed her moving in the field even if you had been paying close attention.
>You hear her yawn loud and clear despite the fact that she's not very close to you. She appears to be groggy, although you were suspecting that already since she kind of shambled out of the sunflower field.

>_
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:31:51 PM by Tapsa »