Author Topic: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)  (Read 114438 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Magical Madness Mafia 2, The Horrible Finish (Mod and Scum lose)
« Reply #1350 on: October 12, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »
Rawr was fine this game and Raikaria's case on him wasn't even a case, it was 'Rawr is a goober let's lynch him also he is trying to cause my death'. That really shouldn't have happened, but it seemed like people were caught up in some whirlwind of apathy there. You should have been lynched the next day for it even if the roles turned up nothing.

When your reaction to being called out on lurking is to call someone 'fucking retarded', it's not OK.

When you're told you're being rude and your reaction is 'I'll be ruder' it's not OK.

When you suggest something that could cause a town instant loss, and when it's pointed out you DON'T CARE, and you're on town, it's not OK.

Rawr deserved his lynch.

---
So basically scum MVP = me and Town MVP = Conq

Mod MVP = P.X

Mindscrew MVP = THIS GAME

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1351 on: October 12, 2012, 06:06:59 PM »
Not guilty at all. I agreed with your general gameplay etiquette posts pretty much 100%.

Good to know at least!

I'm sitting out the next few games again. I really don't like the current game atmosphere.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1352 on: October 12, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »
I supose you have a point that Rawr shouldn't fall for scum baiting. I can understand why your case would aggravate him but negativity and anger fights only help the scum team. *looks at Bard and Serela fight*

Maybe it's a good thing I was out of it this game or I would have caught the NotV vibes that other people have. The setup was fun and it made me giggle when the scum team were all set to get Bard's info for some murdering and got 'he has no role name'. I missed Zak's :< very much.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #1353 on: October 12, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »
When your reaction to being called out on lurking is to call someone 'fucking retarded', it's not OK.
When you're told you're being rude and your reaction is 'I'll be ruder' it's not OK.
When you suggest something that could cause a town instant loss, and when it's pointed out you DON'T CARE, and you're on town, it's not OK.
Do you seriously have no idea how scummy this line of thinking was? Why didn't you suggest a lynch on Zakeri for having the vig that would kill Rawr? Why not just make sure Zakeri didn't go through with the vig that 'would have lost the game' which wouldn't have lost the game if Rawr were town, which is who you were pushing the lynch on? The answer to the first two is because you already knew what Zak was and were only thinking of ways to kill Rawr and make yourself look good. Your case was literally 'Rawr is town and he will lose us the game therefore he must be scum trying to lose the game let's lynch him'

Edit: I guess it wasn't scummy enough to stop four other people from following along but :V

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #1354 on: October 12, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
Do you seriously have no idea how scummy this line of thinking was?

Except... it isn't?

Bardiche

« Reply #1355 on: October 12, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
To iterate: It is not at all Scummy to want Rawr gone for shitty behaviour in-game.

Shadoweh

« Reply #1356 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:01 PM »
Mmm, I think there was alot of difference between the way he did it and the way you made no bones about just wanting Rawr gone though. That and I expect that kind of thing out of you. <.< I really was asleep between the time of my post that day and when he got lyncched, so I might not have read the worst of what he said and just skipped to the end.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #1357 on: October 12, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
Rawr was just really vague and rude a lot of the time due to his single-phrase posts. He's probably better at Mafia than he looks. A lot better.

All of the concerns with me have been noted. I fear I can't do much about the timezone stuff, but I shall try and do better in the next game. Which hopefully has some more vanilla townies.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1358 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:49 PM »
People can still be rude while posting a lot too.

If the game was to lynch someone for being unsociable, then yes Rawr could take the rope. But in terms of finding scum and saying what needed to be said, Rawr has been better than most at it. Remember how people don't read walls of text? Well you guys are certainly reading Rawr's one-liners.

« Reply #1359 on: October 12, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
If the game was to lynch someone for being unsociable, then yes Rawr could take the rope.
ow, that one hurt

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1360 on: October 12, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
I don't know, I mean like in Ten Desires mafia rawr did a lot of one-liners and they were certainly nice and I could easily tell he was town and helping, but in this game he didn't feel as useful? I don't really remember much about this game anymore, to be honest, though, and lots of people in general were playing off that made it not as easy to play well even before d3+ shenanigans. In any case, the game was odd, but we're moving on~
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1361 on: October 12, 2012, 08:32:32 PM »
Rawr deserved his lynch.
I would argue otherwise.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1362 on: October 12, 2012, 08:44:06 PM »
IHNN
Solid play, despite what some might say. A Cop's interest is in neither getting lynched nor getting killed at night, and he's dodged the bullet right well he has. In the end he won the game for Town, but that is more due to the role rather than the player. Playerwise I think IHNN could benefit from more clarity and involvement. I didn't actually notice his play much this game, and I'm not sure if that's due to trying to pull off a right proper Coplurk or just being generally forgettable. The latter isn't exactly good if you're scumhunting.
I was trying to make myself as useful to town as I could while making myself as unappealing a target for scum as possible.  The hated part of my role very greatly helped with that-especially since everyone (ok this was my fault) thought it would apply in LyLo  :V.  I will admit I kind of got a bit lazy LD2/ED3, but I was aware of this and tried to motivate myself for the endgame.  and honestly, I think I led town D4 onwards.  I agree with Raikaria's statement of Conq town MVP for the first half of the game, but after he died I took over that slot I think (though yes, mostly due to role.  but the role is part of the game I played that aspect very well)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1363 on: October 12, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
But in terms of finding scum and saying what needed to be said, Rawr has been better than most at it. Remember how people don't read walls of text? Well you guys are certainly reading Rawr's one-liners.

On the flip side, between this game and Ten Desires, Rawr has caught scum and not only not gotten them lynched, but actively made himself a counterwagon to that scum lynch by voting for himself and gotten himself killed instead.

At some point it has to stop being the fault of other players.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Bardiche

« Reply #1364 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:39 PM »
[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #1365 on: October 12, 2012, 09:53:54 PM »
I don't think Rawr deserved his lynch. I think Scum deserved Rawr's lynch.
We were basically using Rawr unsocialbility to fuel people's disinterest in listening to him. Using the fact that he would try to get rid of three or more townies overnight against him was a perfectly valid strategy for Raikaria to use, and the fact that he believed it was true only helped him more. Plus, Town really dropped the ball when it came to hammering him.

I think We (the scumteam) were doing reasonably well until we both fumbled our nightaction selection on Night 4. And it did occur to me that Nameless was lying about getting self-hammered during lylo, but it felt weird to me that he spent so much time acting like it was the truth.

Zakeri
Stopped playing after D2. Was okay-ish on Day 1. Not a lot to say about you. I guess it was fine.
I did much better than I thought I would. once role madness started up, I kind of devolved to my "Don't want to post without read, Don't want to Read" bit, but I still managed to at least follow along with the thread and throw in a comment every once in a while. I get the feeling that if I were town, I would have actually gone back this game to reread everything, but as Scum I guess I was just hoping to freeform follow along and nod my head until we had enough lynches to bumrush town.

I feel kind of cheated when, after all my effort to push the lynch onto Raitaki and superbus him, Shadoweh still managed to boil it down to "One scum on each wagon" and it all having absolutely no effect. I was second only to Bardiche in having the most sway over the wagon on day one :< I never even got the chance to use that against him.

And I do believe Bard that you were one of the stronger players this game. In fact that only real bad part about you is that your quick to give up when your confused.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:04:44 PM by WHMZakeri »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1366 on: October 12, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
Dormio
시작이 반이다.
왜난이것만있냐용?

Bardiche

« Reply #1367 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:40 PM »
In fact that only real bad part about you is that your quick to give up when your confused.

Thanks for putting that out there so everyone knows how to instantly take me out of the game. :<

왜난이것만있냐용?

Just shut up and get back to the kitchen.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1368 on: October 12, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
ㅠㅠ

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #1369 on: October 12, 2012, 11:38:28 PM »
I think in the Rawr case most people are ignoring the fact that if I was town, Rawr's suggestion [Lynch whoever, vigkill Rawr, Rawr targets shadoweh], would have been an automatic scum win if town was the lynch [And assuming I was town]

We didn't lynch Rawr for his attitude.
Even if we almost did D1.

He lynched him for his stupid idea that he defended even after he was told that it could result in a scum autowin.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1370 on: October 13, 2012, 12:01:58 AM »
I think in the Rawr case most people are ignoring the fact that if I was town, Rawr's suggestion [Lynch whoever, vigkill Rawr, Rawr targets shadoweh], would have been an automatic scum win if town was the lynch [And assuming I was town]

We didn't lynch Rawr for his attitude. Even if we almost did D1.

He lynched him for his stupid idea that he defended even after he was told that it could result in a scum autowin.

> Lylo is not announced, instead it is announced if Town can lose before the next day starts

Read the rules. His plan would have never resulted in town loss.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #1371 on: October 13, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
It would very likely have resulted in a much harder gamestate.

I'm just glad I went to cop the "godfather" then switched.
Funny thing though: I was debating copping you Raikaria every night I could but never decided to-all nights after the first were because of the Geass slip  :3

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1372 on: October 13, 2012, 12:10:58 AM »
>Keep Zakeri around because he claimed vig.
>Lynch Rawr for trying to kill someone.
:derp:

Besides, if there's no possible way to lose that phase, Rawr's plan was still culling the list of 3 suspicious people in the worst case scenario that all 3 were town.

« Reply #1373 on: October 13, 2012, 12:16:36 AM »
> Lylo is not announced, instead it is announced if Town can lose before the next day starts

Wow this rule pretty much confirms that Dr Rawr's plan for a triple death would include a scum death. It's actually almost sane! :V

Of course, actually going through with it would be risky (and wouldn't have happened, seeing as Zakeri would have to cooperate), but theoretically it would've been something to consider, as one of Shadoweh/Raikaria/Rawr would have to be scum.

Hero999

• Banzai!
  • Beep~
« Reply #1374 on: October 13, 2012, 12:18:24 AM »
On another note, reading the graveyard has me realize that Raikaria didn't see my role to clearly.
He doesn't realize I can only use it one after another.
:3
My order was basically
N1 - Track
N3 - Watch
N4 - Track
N5 - Watch.
Was he assuming I was going to track him when I was only allowed to Watch that day? :V

« Reply #1375 on: October 13, 2012, 12:32:07 AM »

Read the rules. His plan would have never resulted in town loss.

town vengeful neighborizor is OP.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #1376 on: October 13, 2012, 12:39:53 AM »
Ok, so I followed this topic from the very beginning knowing nothing about Mafia hoping to learn a bit... maybe it wasn't the best game for that? Was a great read though. Was refreshing the page like every minute of every day, it was strangely exciting and suspenseful.

Also:
Honest question: are all mafia games here like this? This is just such a damn mess.
Quote from: I have no name
Nope.
That's kind of a relief.

« Reply #1377 on: October 13, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
if you're here to actually learn about mafia, then adorable mafia, chelsea & the seven devils, moriya shrine revolution and gensokyo workers' union (half-dead due to forum switch) are all better reads off the top of my head

two of them use anon accounts and might be confusing though

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1378 on: October 13, 2012, 12:44:02 AM »
chelsea & the seven devils, moriya shrine revolution and gensokyo workers' union

ego++;
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1379 on: October 13, 2012, 12:53:24 AM »
The moral of the story is Kilga and I run the best games :smug: DON'T READ ANY OF MY GAMES THAT AREN'T ____ GAME OF MAFIA OKAY