Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135184 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #900 on: November 01, 2018, 09:30:48 AM »
// There's always the Touhou way getting past obstacles ... with danmaku
// But we should in all means exhaust all other options before that
> "So she said her species protects sacred places..."
> Mischievous smile
> "We could play a prank on her and tell her that a ghost is attacking the Hakurei Shrine.  Sunny you could be invisible and move objects around and make her think it's haunted"
> "Then while she is distracted performing purification rituals we could be exploring the cave"

> "I could do that." Sunny says. "But not alone; if she can sniff me out I'm not fighting her on my own." the fairy insists.

> "We'll come with you." Star says. "It'll be more convincing if we're moving more things at once anyway."

> "Maybe we can lift the donation box together; that one's sure to work." Luna adds.

> "It's empty anyway Luna; it's not hard to lift!" Sunny jokes.

> "I'll tell you guys what's in the cave." Clownpiece says.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #901 on: November 01, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »
> "Great, I'll run up to her and give her the news then"
> "The look on her face when she sees the donation box move will be priceless..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #902 on: November 01, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
> "Great, I'll run up to her and give her the news then"
> "The look on her face when she sees the donation box move will be priceless..."

> You start heading over to Auun, who appears to have been laying down and sulking, but sits up again as you arrive.

> "Oh, it's just you this time?" Auun asks.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #903 on: November 01, 2018, 07:10:16 PM »
>Blink
>"You okay? It looked like you were sulking for a moment there, is there something on your mind?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #904 on: November 01, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
>Blink
>"You okay? It looked like you were sulking for a moment there, is there something on your mind?"

> "You guys keep leaving me." Auun says. "I liked the company."

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #905 on: November 01, 2018, 07:37:31 PM »
>Do we also enjoy company?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #906 on: November 01, 2018, 07:45:43 PM »
>Do we also enjoy company?

> You don't particularly mind either way, you're in your own little bubble of darkness most of the time after all.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #907 on: November 01, 2018, 07:51:46 PM »
>"I guess company is nice sometimes. Anyway you should check out the shrine. It looks like it's haunted."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #908 on: November 01, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »
>"I guess company is nice sometimes. Anyway you should check out the shrine. It looks like it's haunted."

> Auun looks a little confused.

> "The shrine is haunted? By what? Ghosts can't enter sacred ground that easily; even if Reimu's away."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #909 on: November 01, 2018, 08:41:56 PM »
> "It must be a powerful ghost then, it's able to move objects too!  Don't weak ghosts just go through solid objects?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #910 on: November 01, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »
> "It must be a powerful ghost then, it's able to move objects too!  Don't weak ghosts just go through solid objects?"

> Auun looks a little bit concerned.

> "It's moving objects? What was it doing when you saw it? Are the others you were with trying to stop it?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #911 on: November 01, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »
> "Well that's the problem, we *can't* see it"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #912 on: November 01, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
> "Well that's the problem, we *can't* see it"

> Aunn looks skeptical for a moment.

> "Hmm, but you can usually see Ghosts..."

> She suddenly looks like she has an idea.

> "It must have the power to go invisible! No wonder you came to get me. Your group must have come here to get me to help at the Shrine, I said I was busy, you went back but couldn't do anything so came back to get me against because I can sniff the ghost out, right?"

> "Hmm, but I can't leave the cave unguarded. Miss Reimu asked me to guard the cave..." she says; with her eyes closed and head tilted a bit; pawing her hair.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 09:27:40 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #913 on: November 01, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »
> "Yeah with a good sense of smell you might have better luck than we did"
> "We could guard the cave while you try and chase away the ghost, as long as there's nothing dangerous in there that might attack us?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #914 on: November 01, 2018, 09:32:42 PM »
> "Yeah with a good sense of smell you might have better luck than we did"
> "We could guard the cave while you try and chase away the ghost, as long as there's nothing dangerous in there that might attack us?

> Aunn looks elated.

> "That way Miss Reimu shouldn't yell at me and I get to guard the Shrine! Yay!"

> She gets on all fours; her hair for some reason curling up like a tail at the end.

> "I don't know what's inside. Miss Reimu said no-one goes in or out. That includes me." Aunn says, before she leaps from her four-legged position into the air and flies towards the Shrine.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #915 on: November 01, 2018, 09:40:24 PM »
// I guess we're on the clock
> Do not advance in game time
> Where is the rest of our party

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #916 on: November 01, 2018, 10:04:07 PM »
// I guess we're on the clock
> Do not advance in game time
> Where is the rest of our party

// It all depends on how much time the fairies can buy.

> A short distance away; where you left them.

> Assumeing no-one went walkabout, of course. Which is entirely possible with Cirno, Kogasa or even Clownpiece you imagine.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #917 on: November 01, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »
> When Auun is well out of sight fly over to them quickly and tell them to come over

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #918 on: November 01, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »
> When Auun is well out of sight fly over to them quickly and tell them to come over

> You wait a few moments after Aunn is out of sight, and return to the group.

> Everyone is there except Kogasa; who pops out of a tree and tries to surprise you in an incredibly predictable fashion.

> "Good work..." Louise says as she floats past. "If my hunch is correct and the energies, faint as they around that cave are what I think they are, it might solve our problems with those two."

> Louise is moving with more haste than you've seen her so far. She's actually not just casually floating upright but is slightly angled as she flies forwards.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #919 on: November 01, 2018, 10:24:20 PM »
> Alright let's explore this cave!
> Once inside make our darkness sphere as big and thin as possible, so everyone can see better, also use weak lasers to light up the way if needed
> Try making "delay lasers" but cancel them out before they appear and recreate them.  That should create a thin but harmless laser

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #920 on: November 01, 2018, 10:37:42 PM »
> Alright let's explore this cave!
> Once inside make our darkness sphere as big and thin as possible, so everyone can see better, also use weak lasers to light up the way if needed
> Try making "delay lasers" but cancel them out before they appear and recreate them.  That should create a thin but harmless laser

> You enter the cave.

> After a short; downwards tunnel, you enter a large chamber. Easily large enough for everyone to fit in and move around comfortably.

> It's also not dark. There is some sort of massive magical barrier lighting up the chamber from the far end. The walls are plastered with talismans as well. It's enough to make you feel uncomfortable just being around all these Shinto seals.

> Mayina; Donita and Louise all seem to be even more uncomfortable, perhaps even in some pain.

> The seal appears to be multi-layered, four to be precise. Between the 2nd and third layers, appears to be fragments of something broken. Bits of wood and metal of silver color.

> "This has to be it..." Louise says. Her voice is... a strange mixture of glee and pain.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #921 on: November 01, 2018, 10:39:58 PM »
> "So what are we supoosed to do with this, all these seals make me feel uncomfortable"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #922 on: November 01, 2018, 10:45:02 PM »
> "So what are we supoosed to do with this, all these seals make me feel uncomfortable"

> Louise floats over to the seal, and moves to a talisman right on the edge.

> She tears it off the wall, then yelps as her hand is scalded, streaming on contact with the talisman. Unlike the barrier at the Myouren Temple; this talisman seems to have actually done some serious harm to Louise's hand.

> "The seal must be broken, it's the only way to get him back to Makai on our terms, so he dosen't report to his Master." Louise states.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #923 on: November 02, 2018, 01:08:34 AM »
> Do we already know of any ways to destroy seals?

> Perform the following actions in order and check what kind of damage they do to the seals
> Fire a lethal laser directly on to the seals, however do so at an angle so that if it reflects it doesn't hit anyone.  Paper *should* burn or get cut by lasers right?
> Cast Demarcation around the seals then try and "shatter" the Demarcation barrier we created
> Cast Demarcation around the seals then collapse the barrier in to itself
> Focus and put all our energy in to a single thin dense lethal laser and fire continuously at the top of where the seals end, our target should be just outside edge of the last seal.  If it starts cutting in to the wall start moving it slowly around the area where the seals are, our goal should be to cut around the wall where the seals are so that "piece" falls out.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #924 on: November 02, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
> Do we already know of any ways to destroy seals?

> Perform the following actions in order and check what kind of damage they do to the seals
> Fire a lethal laser directly on to the seals, however do so at an angle so that if it reflects it doesn't hit anyone.  Paper *should* burn or get cut by lasers right?
> Cast Demarcation around the seals then try and "shatter" the Demarcation barrier we created
> Cast Demarcation around the seals then collapse the barrier in to itself
> Focus and put all our energy in to a single thin dense lethal laser and fire continuously at the top of where the seals end, our target should be just outside edge of the last seal.  If it starts cutting in to the wall start moving it slowly around the area where the seals are, our goal should be to cut around the wall where the seals are so that "piece" falls out.

[Assuming since you specify paper you mean the Talismans around the seals]

> Brute force?

> You fire a laser on one of the talismans. Nothing happens.

> You try to form a Demarkation field around the seal; but it is repelled by the stronger barrier magic. This also makes your other similar attempt fail.

> You then start to fire a laser into the rock around the talismans.

> Clownpiece flies over and looks curiously at what you're doing.

> "Move over; it'll take forever that way." she says. "I'll show you a light show!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #925 on: November 02, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
> "Give it a try, the barrier magic is pretty strong"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #926 on: November 02, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
> "Give it a try, the barrier magic is pretty strong"

> The Hell Fairy floats in front of the barrier; and you can feel her gathering magic.

> A moment later; multiple small red orbs appear around her; before red lasers spew from them. Even as each orb is fireing, she sends out another batch around her, effectively barraging the wall around the talismans.

> While doing this the fairy is laughing manically.

> The stone around the talismans is clearly getting damaged and starting to crack and splinter. A chunk of rock falls off, talisman included, and the two layers of the barrier closest to you flicker for a moment.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:20:29 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #927 on: November 02, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »
> Can we do something to assist with the lasers and speed up the process, perhaps something with the border of light and dark?  We are the Darkness Youkai after all.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #928 on: November 02, 2018, 06:07:24 PM »
> Can we do something to assist with the lasers and speed up the process, perhaps something with the border of light and dark?  We are the Darkness Youkai after all.

> You don't think so, if anything you'd weaken Clownpeice's lasers by using your powers.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #929 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
> "Awesome, it's coming apart!"
> "Lets help Clownpiece, whoever knows how to use lasers fire just outside the edge of the talismans, Louise you can help too"
> Take our usual arms stretched pose and fire lasers from each hand on talismans that Clownpiece has not reached yet or missed, be careful not to hit anyone