Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135252 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #840 on: October 26, 2018, 08:46:26 PM »
> Inventory
> Abilities
> Spellcards
> What do we think of Rumia
> Fly up slightly over the tree tops so we can get a slightly better view

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #841 on: October 26, 2018, 09:25:18 PM »
> Inventory
> Abilities
> Spellcards
> What do we think of Rumia
> Fly up slightly over the tree tops so we can get a slightly better view

[Going to do this more or less in reverse order for formatting mostly]

> You fly up above the treeline. The noon sun is somewhat irritateing [You are primarily nocturnal after all] but it's nowhere near as inconvenient for you as Rumia. You can see a large rock formation ahead, likely where the cave is.

> You find her amusing. You know you're both stronger and smarter than her, but the way she acts like a leader is fun. Besides; that lets you think up your next scheme instead of putting effort into leading your group. That and she's alright. She dosen't seem to be someone who puts themselves above everyone else like most Youkai. And she's not preachy like that load Kyouko works for.

---

> Your inventory is empty; besides Spellcards.

> You actually have quite a few spellcards, although you lack the magical capacity to make use of them all. You also change the names as you put more power into them.

- Vocal Sign: Hooting in the Night / Howl of the Horned Owl
- Moth Sign: "Hawk Moth's Wingbeats" / "Sphingid's Wingbeats"; Toxin Sign "Poisonous Moth's Scales" and Deadly Toxin "Poisonous Moth's Dance in the Dark"  are all actually the same spellcard; just amped.
- Hawk Sign "Ill-Starred Dive"
- Night-Blindness "Song of the Night Sparrow"
- Night Sparrow "Midnight Chorus Master"
- Bird Sign "Mysterious Song"

You also have a Last Word spellcard: "Blind Nightbird". This is functionally a last-resort spellcard. You can't even use it unless you've used at least three of your spellcards already, and doing so would drain all the energy you have left, both magical and stamina. A victory with the Last Word would be Phyrric. Still; it's useful for forcing a draw where a loss would have occurred.

// Abilities:

Racial:

Skyborne - Even before becoming a Youkai; you could fly without magic. As such; you don't need to use magic to fly and can instead use stamina. This frees you up for using magic in the air easier, and faster movement while using danmaku. You used that to good effect during that flower incident!

Youkai Strength - As a youkai; your physical attributes are significantly above that of an adult human male, despite the fact that you are a bird who are generally rather frail by nature. Indeed, you are more frail than most youkai, but you're still not so fragile as to be in any danger against an unarmed human.

Talons - You have very long and sharp nails. These are durable as well. They can be shortened with magic if they get in the way [Such as cooking] but you usually have them out. They extend about 10cm past the ends of your fingers and are dagger-like. You could easily kill a human with them.

Ability:

Curse-Woven Song: You are able to carry vile curses within your song, be it actual song or birdsong. The song dfominates the ears, and then attacks the other senses. Firstly it attacks sight; inflicting Night-Blindness. Then, a longer song would start attacking other senses, and impacting what sight remains. Bewilderment is a common result, and even further exposure to the hexes and curses would cause temporary insanity and delusions. The curses are most effective in a frontal cone to you; the direction sound carries best. It is a lot slower to afflict someone behind or besides you, and distance also slows things down. You also have to be careful of echos, since that can cause your own song to backfire.

Musical Talent - You're not part of  Choujuu Gigaku for nothing!

Cooking Talent - You don't serve Lamprey for nothing!

Fishing Talent - Where do you think the Lamprey come from?

Bird's Eye View - You have naturally good eyesight

Familiars - You have lesser Sparrows as familiars. You can't use anywhere near as many as Wriggle can, but they're stronger and capable of bird-shaped danmaku. They also generally fly straight and in less complex patterns than Wriggle's. Your ability isn't commanding birds after all.

[Negative Trait] - Ooh; Shiny! - You might have some Magpie in you with how much you like shiny objects. You frequently try to con humans to get their shiny things.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #842 on: October 26, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »
> Start approaching the cave slowly, stop if we hear or see anything or anyone
> Can we shoot lasers like how Rumia can?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #843 on: October 27, 2018, 07:37:42 AM »
> Start approaching the cave slowly, stop if we hear or see anything or anyone
> Can we shoot lasers like how Rumia can?

> You start approaching.

> You cannot use laser danmaku.

> The cave, and a stranger, come into view. The stranger is standing at the mouth of the cave.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #844 on: October 27, 2018, 08:16:16 AM »
> Find a spot where we can see them but they can't see us
> How long can we delay a familiar from shooting after it has been spawned?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #845 on: October 27, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »
> Find a spot where we can see them but they can't see us
> How long can we delay a familiar from shooting after it has been spawned?

> No such point really exists, since line of sight is reciprocal after all. Still; you just fly out of her current field of view.

> "I smell bird again." the strange youkai says.

> You can't; your familiars leave danmaku in their wake, either as a trail that follows them to restrict others; or fireing in two opposite directions from the beat of each wing. The familiars simply are not good enough at danmaku or following instructions to do so. In general familiars are only capable of very basic tasks.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #846 on: October 27, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
> Wait and see if she starts following us
> If she doesn't, move in a little closer and hide
> If she does slowly start moving out away from the cave and our party, and hope she keeps following

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #847 on: October 27, 2018, 06:38:38 PM »
> Wait and see if she starts following us
> If she doesn't, move in a little closer and hide
> If she does slowly start moving out away from the cave and our party, and hope she keeps following

> The youkai dosen't follow you.

> You move closer and hide. The youkai sniffs the air and looks towards your hiding spot.

> "Why are you hiding Miss Bird?" the youkai asks. She sounds innocent and childlike. "Miss Reimu said not any people come out back here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #848 on: October 28, 2018, 01:41:07 AM »
//TFW you don't realize this updated...

>Are we capable of throwing our voice to make it sound like we're speaking from somewhere else?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #849 on: October 28, 2018, 07:49:15 AM »
//TFW you don't realize this updated...

>Are we capable of throwing our voice to make it sound like we're speaking from somewhere else?

> No. You're unsure how useful it would be as well with the youkai sniffing you out.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #851 on: October 28, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
> Has she spotted us?

> She hasn't spotted you but she's looking close to you; sniffing the air; and has identified you are a bird.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #852 on: October 28, 2018, 09:57:41 PM »
>Can we like... turn into an actual bird? Like how cat youkai can turn into their cat forms?

>Opinion of Kogasa
>Opinions of the other team members
>Opinions of Louise, Mayina, and that other fairy.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #853 on: October 28, 2018, 10:51:25 PM »
>Can we like... turn into an actual bird? Like how cat youkai can turn into their cat forms?

>Opinion of Kogasa
>Opinions of the other team members
>Opinions of Louise, Mayina, and that other fairy.

> You can turn into a Sparrow. This is an inherent ability for animal youkai. In fact, it's easier to say you take a human form. In this form however you don't have access to your danmaku. The main advantage is you're smaller. Much smaller.

> Kogasa is... weird. She's interesting, but certainly odd. Also; you're rather envious of the fact she gets to run her Blacksmithing business in the village but you can't sell Lamprey or whatever you feel like. You don't think you could beat her in a fair fight, if only because Kogasa would probobly do something wacky.

> Cirno is Cirno. Daiyousei is alright, but she really needs to grow a spine. Wriggle you respect quite a lot, since birds naturally eat insects, yet she's not scared of you, and is strong enough to be a good sparring partner. In terms of strength compared to the animal, Wriggle's leap in power is far greater than yours.

> Mayina is dangerous. You're pretty sure you wouldn't stand a chance against him in a fair fight. If it wasn't for this Makai God you'd have probobly tried to kill him.

> Donitia is something you almost can't believe exists. Another Cirno. You think she's a little smarter, seeing as she could boss around ten fairies, but that might just be fairy culture in Makai. Especially since Makai seems to be heavily focused on a hierarchy of strength from what all three of the Makai residents you have met have told you.

> Louise is strange. The way she just... floats there... smiling during fights. And the enemy never seems to notice her. Something is unnerving about her. However, she is clearly polite and knowledgeable. And powerful. What little magic she's shown has been rather impressive... but she's not had issues with the lack of Maisma either. You don't think you'd stand a chance with her as your enemy. But Louise is hard to read.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #854 on: October 28, 2018, 11:21:22 PM »
> Turn in to animal form (if we can do this without making noise)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #855 on: October 28, 2018, 11:26:38 PM »
> Turn in to animal form (if we can do this without making noise)

> You turn into your sparrow form.

> It's been a while since you've done this. You're rather vulnerable like this after all.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #856 on: October 28, 2018, 11:28:51 PM »
>We'll be fine as long as there aren't any cats around...
>We keep our hat in sparrow form?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #857 on: October 28, 2018, 11:37:22 PM »
>We'll be fine as long as there aren't any cats around...
>We keep our hat in sparrow form?

> Or Falcons

> Yes, of course. You die without your hat after all Otherwise you'd be indistingishable from other sparrows; and it's kinda hard to wear other clothing in bird form [It just magically merges into your plumage]. There's not a lot of plumage on top of your head to merge your hat with anyway.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #858 on: October 29, 2018, 08:39:58 AM »
> Can we talk while in animal form?
> Move in a little closer, stick to high branches with coverage of course

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #859 on: October 29, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
> Can we talk while in animal form?
> Move in a little closer, stick to high branches with coverage of course

> No; you lack the vocal chords to speak Japanese as a Sparrow. You can speak bird however!

> You flutter between branches, getting closer to the youkai. She keeps looking in your general area as she sniffs.

> "Why are you hiding Miss Bird? Why'd the others run away?" the youkai says, using her hand against her cheek similar to how a mammal might scratch itself. Between this trait and her strong sense of smell, you think she might be some kind of canine youkai. But that dosen't explain her horn...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #860 on: October 29, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
> Alright we got her attention, let's see if she follows us if we move away
> Move slowly away from the cave

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #861 on: October 29, 2018, 03:14:15 PM »
> Alright we got her attention, let's see if she follows us if we move away
> Move slowly away from the cave

> You slowly start to move away>

> The youkai dosen't follow; and looks a little upset.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #862 on: October 29, 2018, 04:47:43 PM »
> Fly back to our group and change back to Youkai form
> "The person up ahead doesn't look too threatening, I guess we could go talk to her"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #863 on: October 29, 2018, 06:08:08 PM »
> Fly back to our group and change back to Youkai form
> "The person up ahead doesn't look too threatening, I guess we could go talk to her"

> You fly back to the rest of the group. Only Wriggle seems to recognize you in bird form, although Louise certainly seems to have her attention on you before you transform back. She's really hard to read after all.

> You deliver your report.

// You have lost control of Mystia

// You have regained control of Rumia.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #864 on: October 29, 2018, 06:14:39 PM »
> "Alright so let's go on and meet them"
> "Sunny and Luna, feeling better?"
> Ready Moonlight Ray

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #865 on: October 29, 2018, 06:39:19 PM »
> "Alright so let's go on and meet them"
> "Sunny and Luna, feeling better?"
> Ready Moonlight Ray

> "I think those two should stay back." Louise says; indicating Donitia and Mayina.

> "It's not like we can cause trouble; we're powerless right now." Mayina grumbles.

> Sunny is sitting up now. "I'm fiiiine..." she says. She dosen't sound as peppy as she did earlier still.

> "I'd like a coffee." Luna responds.

> You and the others start moving to the cave, as you ready your spellcard.

> "Oh, did Miss Bird bring her friends back?" you hear a voice ahead say.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #866 on: October 29, 2018, 06:53:03 PM »
>hold it.
>Who's staying behind to watch the troublemakers???

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #867 on: October 29, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »
EDIT: Ahh didn't see the reply
> "Whats coffee?"
> "Kogasa and Cirno can you keep an eye on Mayina and Donita while we check up ahead?  Cirno, if they try and run for it trap them with ice"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #868 on: October 29, 2018, 07:09:46 PM »
//Re-reading it has compounded my confusion, so...

EDIT: Ahh didn't see the reply
> "Whats coffee?"
> "Kogasa and Cirno can you keep an eye on Mayina and Donita while we check up ahead?  Cirno, if they try and run for it trap them with ice"
>Don't do this just yet. Nix my previous post as well.
>Did the troublemakers stay behind with no supervision, or did they come with us? (do not advance time.)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #869 on: October 29, 2018, 07:31:31 PM »
> They haven't really moved yet, because you aren't all rushing at the youkai at once in case you startle her. You're sort of coming one-by-one in a line.

> Basically; you're front of the line. You're not far enough to see the youkai yet, but she apparently can smell you from where you've advanced to.