Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135284 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »
> Do we feel like we can absorb some of the forest's ambient magic?
> "Alright, so you just have to find this book to confirm it exists or is it more involved?"
> "If it can take the form of any book how do we know we have the right one and not some random magic book?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2018, 10:02:22 PM »
> Do we feel like we can absorb some of the forest's ambient magic?
> "Alright, so you just have to find this book to confirm it exists or is it more involved?"
> "If it can take the form of any book how do we know we have the right one and not some random magic book?"

> No. The Maisma in the forest actually makes you feel woozy if you stay too long, although this takes several hours.

> "My mission is to find it. To see if it is in Gensokyo."

> "How many texts do you think exist in this realm written in Ancient Makaian Runes?"

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
> "I don't know, a bunch of random forgotten things seem to end up in Gensokyo"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2018, 10:47:20 PM »
> "I don't know, a bunch of random forgotten things seem to end up in Gensokyo"

> "This Grimoire was hardly forgotten." Mayina says angrily. "It was the strongest Grimoire in Makai. Just having it as a magical foci would make you one of the strongest in Makai. Let alone if you were able to read it's magic and had the capacity to use the spells within."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #604 on: September 21, 2018, 10:53:27 PM »
>"If it was so important, then how did the original owner manage to lose it? Or did they leave Makai and take it with them?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #605 on: September 21, 2018, 11:05:57 PM »
>"If it was so important, then how did the original owner manage to lose it? Or did they leave Makai and take it with them?"

> "If I knew that, I wouldn't be sent looking for it, now would I?" Mayina says in a clearly irritated tone. "Was it lost; was it taken from Makai? I do not know, my instructions said to search this realm."

> You feel like you are being watched. From multiple places.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #606 on: September 21, 2018, 11:55:31 PM »
>"Is anyone else getting the feeling we're being watched?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2018, 04:27:25 AM »
> Don't say that, whisper
> Also whisper "Lets keep going but be on guard"
> Examine surroundings

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2018, 08:21:08 AM »
>"Is anyone else getting the feeling we're being watched?"

> Don't say that, whisper
> Also whisper "Lets keep going but be on guard"
> Examine surroundings

> "Why should we be on guard?" Cirno asks loudly.

> "So it's not just me who gets that feeling." Wriggle says.

> You occasionally think you see something glint in the treeline, or brush; out of the corner of your eye. But when you turn to look there is nothing.

> At one point; just after you look and turn away, several small... things jump out of various trees and bushes; and start firing smaller, red, lasers. They look like wingless fairies.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #609 on: September 22, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
>"Such aggression... Are these guys from your world too?"
>Prepare to protect Donnie and Mayina, as they're unable to effectively defend themselves given their situation.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #610 on: September 22, 2018, 08:24:06 PM »
>"Such aggression... Are these guys from your world too?"
>Prepare to protect Donnie and Mayina, as they're unable to effectively defend themselves given their situation.

> "These are definitely not from our world!" Donnie responds loudly.

> Mayina dodges the lasers, which all seem to be aimed towards him, by hopping backwards a bit.

> "I wouldn't be too sure of that." Louise comments. Who; as per usual; is just floating completely still and smiling.

> "Wait a second, Rumia; I think I've seen these things before!" Mystia remarks.

> The small things are chargeing another barrage of lasers as they move around erratically. It is clear from the positions they are taking and the directions they are facing that their target is Mayina, and they are fanning out to attack from multiple angles.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:25:42 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #611 on: September 22, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
>"Care to explain, Mystia?"
>"So are these guys friends of yours, Mayina? They seem to be really interested in shooting at you."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #612 on: September 22, 2018, 08:29:23 PM »
// Will be at work for about 8-9 hours. Therefore I'll be slow to post/edit/respond for a while

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #613 on: September 22, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »
>"Care to explain, Mystia?"
>"So are these guys friends of yours, Mayina? They seem to be really interested in shooting at you."

> "It was that puppeteer with Marisa! Back on..." Mystia hesitates and shivers. "THAT night. She used something like these things!"

> "Puppeteer? From this range?" Daiyousei says skeptically.

> "She can't be far!" Wriggle says. "I'd like a bit of revenge for that night as well!"

> Wriggle makes a few quick hand motions and a few buzzing noises, even fluttering her cape a bit.

> The things release their lasers from multiple directions, but they are all aimed shots, so Mayina just flies upwards, albeit slowly and using his wings.

> "I don't know why they're aiming at me, everyone else in this forsaken world seem to be a female; maybe they just hate men!" the daemon says angrily, as the puppets take aim again. This time; some of them are clearly not aiming directly at the daemon.

> Cirno freezes one of the dolls with a blast of ice into a cube. It falls to the ground haplessly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 08:36:16 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »
// on break, so I can do a quick post

>"Maybe it's the suit? Everyone that's part of the attacking force from your world is wearing suits, so maybe they see you as a threat? It would explain why they're not shooting at Donnie."

>"Do you think this puppeteer might be nearby then?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #615 on: September 23, 2018, 07:39:41 AM »
// We don't want to get on Alice's bad side by destroying her puppets, especially if one of them is Shaghai or Hourai
> Does danmaku destroy puppets? (Other than minor clothing damage?)
> Keep watching for stray bullets heading our way
> Check the shot type the puppets are using, danmaku or magical

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #616 on: September 23, 2018, 08:57:15 AM »
// on break, so I can do a quick post

>"Maybe it's the suit? Everyone that's part of the attacking force from your world is wearing suits, so maybe they see you as a threat? It would explain why they're not shooting at Donnie."

>"Do you think this puppeteer might be nearby then?"

> "If everyone from Makai who's attacking is wearing a suit why isn't Donita?" Mystia points out.

> "She must be!" Wriggle says. "She was never far from her puppets back then. I told the insects to look for her."

// We don't want to get on Alice's bad side by destroying her puppets, especially if one of them is Shaghai or Hourai
> Does danmaku destroy puppets? (Other than minor clothing damage?)
> Keep watching for stray bullets heading our way
> Check the shot type the puppets are using, danmaku or magical

> You are unsure; you have never fought puppets. It's probobly best to ask Mystia or Wriggle. Cirno's freeze didn't seem to damage the doll however.

> The puppets are attacking using precise lasers, all aimed at or around Mayina, so there are not stray shots. Honestly; the danmaku they are using is below Fairy level.

> These lasers are the real deal.

> After Mayina dodges a third salvo, some more dolls appear. These ones are wielding little spears and two-handed axes, and start flying towards the daemon in a group.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #617 on: September 23, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
>"HEY! MISS PUPPETEER LADY! WE BEAT THE DEMON ALREADY, HE'S LOW ON MAGIC AND NO LONGER A THREAT. WE'RE KEEPING AN EYE ON HIM SO WE'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM. PLEASE CALL OFF THE DOLLS AND LET'S TALK THIS OUT."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:05:35 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #618 on: September 23, 2018, 05:56:46 PM »
> Will casting Demarcation on him block some of the lasers or offer some form of protection to him?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #619 on: September 23, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »
>"HEY! MISS PUPPETEER LADY! WE BEAT THE DEMON ALREADY, HE'S LOW ON MAGIC AND NO LONGER A THREAT. WE'RE KEEPING AN EYE ON HIM SO WE'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DIDN'T KILL HIM. PLEASE CALL OFF THE DOLLS AND LET'S TALK THIS OUT."

> There is no response. The dolls continue to prepare their next barrage; while the melee ones are closing in.

> Will casting Demarcation on him block some of the lasers or offer some form of protection to him?

> Lasers are light-based attacks, and you specifically effect the border of Light and Darkness [After all; you are the Darkness Youkai; what other barrier would you specialize in?]. It could be effective against the lasers... you've never actually tried it against lasers however...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #620 on: September 23, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
> Cast Demarcation around Mayina

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #621 on: September 23, 2018, 07:36:44 PM »
>"Cirno! Freeze the melee dolls, don't kill them if you can. We don't want to get on the puppeteer's bad side right now."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #622 on: September 23, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »
> Cast Demarcation around Mayina

> You use your Demarcation around the devil. Everything in a sphere around him goes black.

> The dolls release their next barrage, and it hits the barrier and just washes around it.

// Skill Discovered: Demarcation - Laser Barrier: With your basic barrier spell that separates Darkness and Light; you've discovered it is rather effective against light-based laser attacks!

> Cirno releases a blast of cold air, and it catches a large amount of the melee dolls, but not all of them. However; Mystia simply manages to grab one of the remaining dolls to restrain it.

> There is still one doll with a spear rushing towards the deamon, who, thanks to your barrier, also can't see. The doll is glowing a faint red.

> You hear something approaching.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #623 on: September 23, 2018, 08:26:26 PM »
(Do not advance time)
> Is the doll inside the barrier

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #624 on: September 23, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
(Do not advance time)

>I'm pretty sure it isn't

>"Cirno, freeze that one! Try not to kill it."
>"Mayina, get up/down!" (Whichever direction the doll isn't heading for if Cirno fails to stop it.)
>Turn to the approaching sound, keep our guard up.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #625 on: September 23, 2018, 08:28:42 PM »
//edit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #626 on: September 23, 2018, 09:00:01 PM »
(Do not advance time)

> No; it is; however; headed for it.

>I'm pretty sure it isn't

>"Cirno, freeze that one! Try not to kill it."
>"Mayina, get up/down!" (Whichever direction the doll isn't heading for if Cirno fails to stop it.)
>Turn to the approaching sound, keep our guard up.

> Cirno fires a beam of ice at the small doll; and it falls to the ground in an ice-cube; before it explodes, sending bits of doll and ice flying a short distance.

> "I didn't do that!" Cirno says. "She can make them blow up!"

> "Wait; you've fought her before too?" Daiyousei asks.

> "Yeah, she used loads of different doll things, and then Daidarabotchi showed up!"

> There is a loud stomping noise.

> "It sounded like that!" Cirno says happily.

> Daiyousei looks at Cirno in horror for a moment.

> "So it showed up while fighting the puppeteer... and it sounded like that stomping?" Daiyousei asks.

> "Yep."

> As Cirno happily says 'Yep' two trees fall down, and a tree-sized humanoid shows up. No; it's larger than a tree.

> It overall looks like a larger version of the other dolls; and in it's hands are two giant blades which almost reach the ground.

Daidarabotchi [Goliath Doll v2]
The Puppeteer's Trump Card

> The giant doll's mouth opens, and a sound comes out.

> "Get out of the way Youkai, I have no qualms with you, but this daemon is not welcome here."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #627 on: September 23, 2018, 09:22:50 PM »
>"Miss Puppeteer lady, with all due respect, the demon is no longer a threat. We already defeated him, and he's used up almost all of his magic. We're keeping an eye on him because we didn't trust him enough to throw him back through the portal, and we felt that killing him would cause his boss to send even more people... well that and he doesn't really deserve to die if he was merely acting under orders, to be fair."
>"May I ask at least why he, in particular, isn't welcome in the forest? Perhaps we could come to a peaceful agreement."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:52:32 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #628 on: September 23, 2018, 09:52:39 PM »
>"Miss Puppeteer lady, the demon is no longer a threat. We already defeated him, and he's used up almost all of his magic. We're keeping an eye on him because we didn't trust him enough to throw him back through the portal, and we felt that killing him would cause his boss to send even more people... well that and he doesn't really deserve to die if he was merely acting under orders, to be fair."
>"May I ask at least why he, in particular, isn't welcome in the forest? Perhaps we could come to a peaceful agreement."

> "It's not him that is a threat!" the voice says. "They cannot know that I am here, and the only way to ensure that is to eliminate him."

> Louise floats in the exact same spot; unmoving. She looks a little amused.

> "If I have to I'll beat you all in danmaku so you have to get out of my way!" the doll says. "I've beaten three of you before; after all."

> "Nuh-uh; I won!" Cirno insists.

> "You didn't take down Golaith; it timed out!" the voice insists.

> Another voice comes from the puppet.

> "A timeout is still a loss right? I've lost by timeout before."

> You hear the puppeteer make a sound of surprise.

> Wriggle looks amazed. "Looks like Kogasa found her before my insects did..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
>"Oh wow! You're getting better at surprising, Kogasa!"
>"They? Oh, so you know him, then? Or better yet, his boss? Does that mean you're from Makai or have travelled there in the past then? If you know anything about who he works for it'll help a ton. Perhaps we could exchange information?"

//Will be at work for the next 4-5 hours or so. I will therefore be slow to post a response to the next update and slow to respond to potential countermands until then.
//my break is in approximately 2 hours and it will be my first opportunity to do something other than read.