Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135231 times)

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2018, 10:43:58 PM »
>"So, Mayina. Care to tell me more about this Lumina person? Louise said my name was similar to a legend in your world, and she told me heard the tale about that legend, though most of her name was rubbed out of the book with age. Is Lumina the one from that tale? If she is I'm curious if you know anything else about her, she seems interesting."

>"So... What do you think of Cirno so far, Donnie?"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:01:45 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #571 on: September 20, 2018, 05:01:57 AM »
//edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2018, 06:17:05 AM »
> "However in the book the the person's faded name ended with "mia" and not "ina""

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #573 on: September 20, 2018, 07:34:47 AM »
>"So, Mayina. Care to tell me more about this Lumina person? Louise said my name was similar to a legend in your world, and she told me heard the tale about that legend, though most of her name was rubbed out of the book with age. Is Lumina the one from that tale? If she is I'm curious if you know anything else about her, she seems interesting."

>"So... What do you think of Cirno so far, Donnie?"

> "She was an exceptionally powerful daemon. Like no other seen in Makai. Her light threatened even Shinki. Unfortunelty; her powers became too much for her to control. She killed many, and even threatened to plunge Makai into eternal darkness. Of course, instead of helping her, Shinki let her rampage until she was threatened, and even then, she didn't help, she just banished her. An excuse to get rid of someone who was a threat to her."

> "However in the book the the person's faded name ended with "mia" and not "ina""

> "Makai does have several dialects. And it is an ancient myth. It's entirely possible that there is more than one spelling." Louise points out. "Especially given that this daemon is recalling it by memory."

> "Or perhaps we're talking about different beings." Mayina says. "Or perhaps it is your book of propaganda that is wrong."

> The Makai fairy looks at you.

> "Dumb as a sack of BLEEP. I guess in Gensokyo you can't be strong and smart, eh?"

> Cirno dosen't seem to react to the insult, if anything, she puffs her chest out proudly at the word strong.

> "I don't think Cirno understands her bad words..." Dai says.

> "It's probobly best that way~" Kogasa remarks as she keeps spinning around; flying circles around your group. "Not that I understand them either."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #574 on: September 20, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »
>"What about you Cirno, what do you think of our new fairy friend?"

>"So, banished, Huh? Yikes, imagine what happened to the place she was sent to... do you think she's still around somewhere out there?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #575 on: September 20, 2018, 03:26:01 PM »
> "I wonder what must have happened to that being to make it attack everyone like that, in the story all of Shinki's other initial creations were peaceful"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #576 on: September 20, 2018, 03:31:18 PM »
> "I wonder what must have happened to that being to make it attack everyone like that, in the story all of Shinki's other initial creations were peaceful"
>Well he did say that she lost control of her powers... Perhaps they drove her to madness?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #577 on: September 20, 2018, 04:25:52 PM »
>"What about you Cirno, what do you think of our new fairy friend?"

>"So, banished, Huh? Yikes, imagine what happened to the place she was sent to... do you think she's still around somewhere out there?"

> "I don't see what's so special 'bout her." Cirno says.

> "I don't know how the banishment worked. None really know the specifics of Shinki's magic." the male explains. "Did she get sent to another world? To nothingness? To a special area of Makai? To another time? Another Dimension? Who knows."

> "People change." Mayina says simply. "Daemons change. Wizards change. Youkai must change. Even Gods must too change."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #578 on: September 20, 2018, 04:59:27 PM »
>"Well you said she lost control of her powers, right? Maybe they drove her to madness or something?"

>"Well, Cirno, she did claim to be the strongest fairy in her world. To be honest it reminded me of you a bit."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #579 on: September 20, 2018, 05:36:20 PM »
// I have a feeling there's something else other than her powers that caused it
> "How many other worlds do you think there are?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #580 on: September 20, 2018, 05:58:03 PM »
>"Well you said she lost control of her powers, right? Maybe they drove her to madness or something?"

>"Well, Cirno, she did claim to be the strongest fairy in her world. To be honest it reminded me of you a bit."

> "It was well before my time. This whole myth is set in Makai's ancient history. Daemons live a long time, but we're not immortals." Mayina says flatly. "Whatever was the reason... is unknown."

> "If she's the strongest in her world then the fairies of Makai must be really weak!" Cirno says loudly.

> "And if you're Gensokyo's strongest fairy, the fey of Gensokyo must be even weaker!" Donitia responds.

> "What about that strange Hell Fairy that the Light Trio have been hanging out with recently?" Daiyousei asks.

> "She dosen't count she's from Hell not Gensokyo!" Cirno remarks; suddenly sounding very defensive.

// I have a feeling there's something else other than her powers that caused it
> "How many other worlds do you think there are?"

> "I'm unsure. It's probobly impossible to know." Mayina answers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:59:34 PM by Raikaria »

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #581 on: September 20, 2018, 06:18:06 PM »
>"Is it possible that something other than becoming too powerful made her go mad?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #582 on: September 20, 2018, 06:42:23 PM »
>"Is it possible that something other than becoming too powerful made her go mad?"

> "Entirely possible. Although it would have to have been something rather powerful to cause such insanity in a being so powerful."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #583 on: September 20, 2018, 06:56:08 PM »
>Be amused at the interactions between Strongest 1 and Strongest 2

>"Do you think it may have been interference from a rival god if that was the case? Does Shinki even have rival deities?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »
> "Cause think of like Shinki, Kanako or Reimu they are powerful too and they haven't gone mad, which makes you wonder about what really happened..."
> Add this to Evil_Nazgul0616's comment about rival dieties "in her or in other worlds?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2018, 08:16:08 PM »
>Be amused at the interactions between Strongest 1 and Strongest 2

>"Do you think it may have been interference from a rival god if that was the case? Does Shinki even have rival deities?"

> "There is only one deity in Makai." Louise interjects. "Shinki is absolute, there is no rival."

> "As much as the idea that Shinki is unrivaled irks me, if there was someone to rival her, thy would not have needed to use a creation of Shinki; that could not possibly match her, as their instrument." Mayina says.

> "Cause think of like Shinki, Kanako or Reimu they are powerful too and they haven't gone mad, which makes you wonder about what really happened..."

> "Shinki and Kanako are already Goddesses. As for this Reimu... I don't know who you're talking about." Louise remarks.

> "Isn't Reimu already mad?" Cirno asks. "All the time?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
>"By mad I mean insane, not angry."

>How much do we know about Reimu?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #587 on: September 20, 2018, 08:43:41 PM »
>"By mad I mean insane, not angry."

>How much do we know about Reimu?

> "That's the same thing; right?" Cirno responds.

> "It can be sometimes; but not always Cirno." Daiyousei explains.

> Donitia is laughing.

> You know Reimu is the premier incident resolver in Gensokyo. She's notoriously lazy and as such is usually in a foul mood whenever there's an incident she needs to resolve. She's exceptionally good at danmaku, but if it wasn't for the Spellcard Rules; she'd probobly be unbeatable as she could simply force ties with 'Fantasy Heaven' and the fact that if she, as the last heir of Hakurei, dies, the Hakurei Barrier would fail.

> Indeed, the latter fact is the main reason everyone accepted the Spellcard rules so quickly, even the strong Youkai who were clearly disadvantaged by a system that let the weak challenge the strong. No-one wanted to accidentally kill Reimu in a duel and doom Gensokyo.

> When she's not resolving an incident Reimu is generally found aimlessly lounging about at her shrine.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:45:17 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #588 on: September 20, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
> "Yeah Reimu has beaten everyone in Gensokyo... but thanks to the spell card rules there were no casualties"
> "They might have used a creation of Shinki to attack her as it would minimize the risks, she wouldn't hurt her creation but she might hurt someone else"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #589 on: September 20, 2018, 09:25:14 PM »
> "Yeah Reimu has beaten everyone in Gensokyo... but thanks to the spell card rules there were no casualties"
> "They might have used a creation of Shinki to attack her as it would minimize the risks, she wouldn't hurt her creation but she might hurt someone else"

> "That sounds incredibly boring." Mayina remarks.

> "Who knows, it's probobly lost to time." Louise says. "Perhaps only Lady Shinki herself knows."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #590 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »
> "A battle with Reimu is anything but boring..."
> How close are we to the forest?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #591 on: September 20, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
> "A battle with Reimu is anything but boring..."
> How close are we to the forest?

> "I meant the lack of casualties." the daemon replies.

> It is coming into sight; you are currently over the Plains.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #592 on: September 20, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »
> "Why do you say that, we could have ended you back there but that's not how we do things in Gensokyo"
> "And apparently Shinki thinks the same way too, as she did not end Lumina, even after what she did.  So Louise if you really do strive to be like Shinki maybe you should start using the Spell Card Rules too"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #593 on: September 21, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »
> "Why do you say that, we could have ended you back there but that's not how we do things in Gensokyo"
> "And apparently Shinki thinks the same way too, as she did not end Lumina, even after what she did.  So Louise if you really do strive to be like Shinki maybe you should start using the Spell Card Rules too"

> "The weak die; the strong survive." Mayina replies. "That is the way of nature."

> "Shinki dosen't interfere in the natural cycle of life in Makai." Louise explains. "Perhaps if the denizins of Makai agree to use such a system, but Lady Shinki would never force it upon them."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #594 on: September 21, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »
> "Here the weak need to come to a compromise with the strong, the loser has to do what the winner says (within reason), and if the loser at some point disagrees again they can request a rematch"
> "Cirno did you hear that, he pretty much just agreed that we are stronger"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #595 on: September 21, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
> "Here the weak need to come to a compromise with the strong, the loser has to do what the winner says (within reason), and if the loser at some point disagrees again they can request a rematch"
> "Cirno did you hear that, he pretty much just agreed that we are stronger"

> "So the weak can just keep throwing themselves at the strong until they win by luck? What point is there to gaining strength in such a world?" Mayina says cynically. "The weak seek the strong for protection in Makai; or become strong themselves. The strong protect the weak; and the weak serve in gratitude."

> "En masse, the weak can topple the strong. That is why the strong must lead well and look after the weak; or the weak will rise up." the daemon explains. "Even the strong in Makai cannot abuse their power, else those who look to them for protection will seek the aid of someone else who is strong, or revolt themselves. The systems of Makai have stood for thousands of years."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #596 on: September 21, 2018, 04:52:36 PM »
>"It was something about keeping things balanced I think. You can take your criticisms to Reimu, but you'd probably annoy her. Trust me when I say you don't want to annoy Reimu without a good reason..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #597 on: September 21, 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
>"It was something about keeping things balanced I think. You can take your criticisms to Reimu, but you'd probably annoy her. Trust me when I say you don't want to annoy Reimu without a good reason..."

> "I already have my objectives for being here; Youkai." the daemon dismisses. "Lingering for longer would be foolish."

> You have now reached the outskirts of the Forest of Magic.

> "Interesting..." Louise says, with a hint of a smile.

> Mayina waves a hand through the Maisma that fills the Forest of Magic.

> "It is of a similar composition to the Maisma of Makai; but significantly weaker. As if it is watered down." the daemon says. "It is possible that someone who originates from Makai could live in this area. It's impressive that there is a place in this dimension with such a high concentration of magic to actually produce a Maisma at all."

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #598 on: September 21, 2018, 06:17:41 PM »
>"We don't call it the Forest of Magic for nothing after all."
>"So do you have any idea what this Grimoire you've been sent here to look for looks like or who might have it?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #599 on: September 21, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
>"We don't call it the Forest of Magic for nothing after all."
>"So do you have any idea what this Grimoire you've been sent here to look for looks like or who might have it?"

> "Well; we don't call places like the Misty Lake that for nuffin' either!" Cirno says happily.

> "Or that mountain inhabited with Youkai... being called Youkai Mountain." Louise adds.

> "We... aren't very imaginative with out naming in Gensokyo." Mystia admits.

> "You guys should hear the names of places in Makai! We have the Wonderland; The Ruins of Vina; Pandemonium; the Fields of Ice; Hokkai..." Donita says happily. "You should totally visit Blue Fairy. And we can fight there as much as we like!"

> "You're just trying to get Cirno on your own turf so you win." Daiyousei says in an annoyed tone.

> "The Grimoire is a magical artifact of great power. It can take the form of any book. And it's power is great enough that whoever has it; if anyone; would be able to change their appearance." Mayina explains. "And that sort of powerful illusion is merely a single page of it's power."

> "In the event we find that Grimoire; you realize I will not let it be used by an enemy of Lady Shinki." Louise says.

> "Enemy? She merely seeks to give her advice." Mayina replies. "To change her mind."

> "Then what do you need that Grimoire for?"

> "I only seek to locate it. Confirm it exists in this world. My job is to scout; remember?"

> Louise looks suspiciously at the daemon.