Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135261 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #540 on: September 18, 2018, 10:10:38 PM »
>"Huh, interesting. You know, your world's culture is honestly intriguing, if the air wasn't lethal and you guys weren't trying to invade Gensokyo I'd totally check the place out if I could."
>"Hmm... are there loopholes in the contract that could be exploited then that would allow us to send you back and not have to worry about retaliation, or that would allow us to temporarily keep you here without having to worry about a search party?"
>"You said you were on a scouting mission, right?"

> The Daemon scoffs. "Makai isn't some wonderland. It's the Daemon realm."

> "If I get sent back; I've performed my duty to the best of my ability. I do not need worry about any severe punishment, and besides, I would be completely hapless remaining here. I expended all my magical energy. I don't even have enough left to fly."

> Louise simply says "I would advise you to decide what you want to do with him sooner rather than later. My body can only store so much magical energy."

> Donitia fires some shots up into the air. "Damnit I like seeing this guy squirm." she yells; before she floats over to the portal and helps Louise.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #541 on: September 18, 2018, 10:15:37 PM »
// I suggest we keep him with us for now since him going back injured would provoke a faster response than then wondering where he is
> "He will be staying with us for now"
> Approach portal where Louise is
> Examine portal
> Think of it being darkened

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #542 on: September 18, 2018, 10:16:57 PM »
>"Hmm... If he goes back injured like this it might provoke a faster response than simply leaving them wondering where he is... Maybe we can 'technically' help him out with his book search? That might be enough for us to keep an eye on him while also keeping his boss and Shinki satisfied while we can sort out more details about what's going on... I mean, what better way to find something than ask the locals? Besides, since we're giving Louise a tour we'll be covering a lot of ground anyway."
>"Hmm... Louise, do you think he's safe enough to unseal, considering he claims to be out of magic? Can people from Makai sense each other's magic reserves?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:20:48 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #543 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:17 PM »
//edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #544 on: September 18, 2018, 10:23:44 PM »
// Perform Evil_Nazgul0616's actions before approaching portal

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #545 on: September 18, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »
>"Hmm... If he goes back injured like this it might provoke a faster response than simply leaving them wondering where he is... Maybe we can 'technically' help him out with his book search? That might be enough for us to keep an eye on him while also keeping his boss and Shinki satisfied while we can sort out more details about what's going on... I mean, what better way to find something than ask the locals? Besides, since we're giving Louise a tour we'll be covering a lot of ground anyway."
>"Hmm... Louise, do you think he's safe enough to unseal, considering he claims to be out of magic? Can people from Makai sense each other's magic reserves?"

> Everyone looks at you confused at your proposal.

> "Well; he is out of magical energy. He used it all for the explosion. That's the nature of such an attack." Louise explains.

> "I have so little energy I can't even fly." the daemon says.

> "So we're going to take him and the fairy with us now?" Wriggle asks. "Rumia I'm a bit worried about this..."

> "If they step outta line; eye'll beat em up!" a familiar voice says.

> It seems someone *did* come to investigate the explosion... Cirno! Who is floating there in her usual hands-on-hips pose to make herself look bigger.

// I suggest we keep him with us for now since him going back injured would provoke a faster response than then wondering where he is
> "He will be staying with us for now"
> Approach portal where Louise is
> Examine portal
> Think of it being darkened

> Louise looks less happy than usual hearing this.

> You make the portal turn a darker shade of red by surrounding it with darkness.

> "So what are we doing about the portal?" Louise asks. "We can't exactly leave it open, but we can't return those two without it as it currently stands."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #546 on: September 18, 2018, 10:39:13 PM »
>"Hi Cirno. You know, I really wanted to introduce you to this Makai fairy here. She claims to be the strongest fairy in her world. Though if you two are going to fight now isn't the time. Feel free to get to know one another, though!"
>"Donnie, this is Cirno, the strong fairy I told you about earlier."

>"I'm not exactly a fan of the idea either, Wriggle, but we can't just put him back without worrying about retaliation... I was going to extend an offer to have Donnie stay anyway, because I wanted to introduce her to Cirno."

>To Louise.
>"I mean, if we close it we can always find a way to safely return them at the end of the incident. Or maybe they can come with you once you're ready to go home, depending on how long you plan to stay in Gensokyo."
>"Do you think that Cirno might be able to block it off with ice? Or is fire or hammer magic common in your world?"
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:40:50 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #547 on: September 18, 2018, 10:41:06 PM »
//edited for clarity

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #548 on: September 18, 2018, 10:43:15 PM »
> "I can also cast a barrier spell in addition to the ice"
> "Also I don't think we have to worry too much about them since were helping him find that book he wanted anyways"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #549 on: September 18, 2018, 10:56:40 PM »
> "Also I don't think we have to worry too much about them since were helping him find that book he wanted anyways"
>"Well, 'technically' helping him in a covering ground sort of way... Your touring takes priority, so we'll only do a quick glance around for it in the places we take you. It's probably a needle in a haystack job anyway, so the search will likely be inconclusive no matter what."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #550 on: September 18, 2018, 11:25:29 PM »
> "Though if the book is indeed a powerful magical artifact we might have some luck tracking it"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #551 on: September 19, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
>"Hi Cirno. You know, I really wanted to introduce you to this Makai fairy here. She claims to be the strongest fairy in her world. Though if you two are going to fight now isn't the time. Feel free to get to know one another, though!"
>"Donnie, this is Cirno, the strong fairy I told you about earlier."

> Cirno looks inquisitively at the Makai fairy. She's unusually quiet.

> Donitia is also quiet, the two seem to be sizing each other up.

>"I'm not exactly a fan of the idea either, Wriggle, but we can't just put him back without worrying about retaliation... I was going to extend an offer to have Donnie stay anyway, because I wanted to introduce her to Cirno."

> "Fine, but I'm going to be watching him. If he so much as harms a single leg of another insect..." Wriggle grumbles.

>To Louise.
>"I mean, if we close it we can always find a way to safely return them at the end of the incident. Or maybe they can come with you once you're ready to go home, depending on how long you plan to stay in Gensokyo."
>"Do you think that Cirno might be able to block it off with ice? Or is fire or hammer magic common in your world?"

> "My magic isn't suitable for carrying other people over. I slip through the barrier, not tear open a portal. There's... specific reasons why I can't take others with me like that." Louise explains.

> "Fire Magic is the second most common form of magic in Makai; after raw magic." Louise begins.

> "I won't lose to Fire!" Cirno says, before she flies near the portal, and closes her eyes, hands out.

> Cirno's magical sigil forms between her hands, and bits of frost start forming in the air around the portal. Cirno's skin starts turning blue as well; something that happens when she's seriously using her abilities.

> This all points to Cirno planning to use a Perfect Freeze around the Portal.

> "I can also cast a barrier spell in addition to the ice"

> "Wouldn't that also split the Ice?" Mystia asks.

> Mayina grumbles "I'm fairly sure being dragged around by you fools is more punishment than I'd receive in Makai..."

> "Though if the book is indeed a powerful magical artifact we might have some luck tracking it"

> You do not have the ability to track magical artifacts. They're actually notoriously difficult to track and find. You do, however, recall an interview with a Mouse Youkai in the Bunbunmaru before, and the mouse was touted as a 'Treasure Hunter'.

> Come to think of it that's probobly why that Tiger youkai seemed to have lost that jewel thing that shot lasers.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #552 on: September 19, 2018, 02:20:43 PM »
> Does the portal look secure?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2018, 03:08:55 PM »
>Would perfect freeze on the portal be a bad thing? Should we step back or something?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2018, 04:05:18 PM »
> Does the portal look secure?

> Yes

>Would perfect freeze on the portal be a bad thing? Should we step back or something?

> You don't want to be in the immediate area,l else you'll get frozen into the ice block with the portal.

> Louise is still in front of the portal however, and dosen't seem aware of what Cirno is about to do.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #555 on: September 19, 2018, 04:13:32 PM »
>"Uh, Louise, unless you want to be accidentally frozen, we should probably step away from Cirno. Cirno, can you please wait for us to get back before you do that?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #556 on: September 19, 2018, 04:51:41 PM »
> We should also step back a bit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
>"Uh, Louise, unless you want to be accidentally frozen, we should probably step away from Cirno. Cirno, can you please wait for us to get back before you do that?"

> We should also step back a bit

> Louise floats away from the portal. You back off a little bit as well.

> "Perfect Freeze!" Cirno says happily; before a pillar of ice forms encasing the portal. Cirno's skin very quickly goes back to normal as she breathes out.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #558 on: September 19, 2018, 05:57:40 PM »
>"So... hopefully that'll hold long enough for Reimu, Marisa, or Sanae to find it... Considering how common you said fire magic was. I could probably cast a demarcation spell on top of it, but I don't know if it'll weaken the ice at all if I do."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #559 on: September 19, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
>"So... hopefully that'll hold long enough for Reimu, Marisa, or Sanae to find it... Considering how common you said fire magic was. I could probably cast a demarcation spell on top of it, but I don't know if it'll weaken the ice at all if I do."

> Cirno takers her hands on hip post again.

> "My freeze is perfect! No stinking fire is going to melt it!" Cirno insists. "Perfect Freeze can even freeze fire!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #560 on: September 19, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »
>Is Cirno merely boasting, or have we seen it freeze fire before?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #561 on: September 19, 2018, 07:13:19 PM »
>Is Cirno merely boasting, or have we seen it freeze fire before?

> You've not seen it but Daiyousei, on the rare occasion she talks about the Fairy War, confirms Cirno can freeze fireball shots that the fairies designed specifically to beat Cirno with.

> Albeit; it takes quite a bit of effort and charge-up to manage it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2018, 07:21:18 PM »
>"Oh yeah, I think I remember Daiyousei saying something like that... But will it freeze fire after it's already been cast? By that, I mean, will the ice that stays behind after you cast Perfect Freeze still be immune to fire, or only when you first cast the spell?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #563 on: September 19, 2018, 07:31:39 PM »
>"Oh yeah, I think I remember Daiyousei saying something like that... But will it freeze fire after it's already been cast? By that, I mean, will the ice that stays behind after you cast Perfect Freeze still be immune to fire, or only when you first cast the spell?"

> Cirno looks confused, than looks like she's trying to think.

> "I'm the strongest, so my Ice is the strongest too!" she ultimately says. She sounds a little bit less sure.

> "For what it is worth... that ice dosen't seem to be melting." Mystia points out.

> Louise forms a small blue flame on her finger, and throws it at the ice pillar.

> The flame hits the pillar and goes out. There is no sign of melting.

> "I can't say if it would hold up against the stronger esidents of Makai, but those ones would just open another portal anyway if they wanted to come through." Louise remarks. "It'll keep the riff-raff out."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #564 on: September 19, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
>"Well, I guess that answers that then. Let's continue with the tour then. You can probably unseal Mayina."
>Recall where we were going to go.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #565 on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
>"Well, I guess that answers that then. Let's continue with the tour then. You can probably unseal Mayina."
>Recall where we were going to go.

> Louise slowly releases the seal. The orange-haired male very slowly gets up, grunting with pain as he does so.

> "Seriously, where does an insect learn to kick like that?" he grumbles, rubbing the back of his neck.

> Mystia and Wriggle are keeping a close eye on the daemon. Cirno and Daiyousei are either side of Donitia... who is surprisingly not swearing like a sailor at Cirno.

> You were headed to the Forest of Magic.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #566 on: September 19, 2018, 09:15:21 PM »
> "We were on our way to the Forest of Magic, so let's head on"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #567 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:12 PM »
>"I'm not entirely sure myself. I just know that Wriggle's the best kicker out of all of us."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #568 on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »
> "and Letty is the best goalkeeper"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #569 on: September 19, 2018, 10:36:21 PM »
>"I'm not entirely sure myself. I just know that Wriggle's the best kicker out of all of us."

> "Well; insects don't naturally have arms." Wriggle remarks. "And we usually have six legs; not two."

> "So you're saying that a kick with one leg is like kicking with three?" Mystia asks.

> "Basically." Wriggle replies.

> "We were on our way to the Forest of Magic, so let's head on"

> You start to head to the Forest of Magic

> It is now Dawn.