Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135433 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #450 on: September 15, 2018, 03:28:06 AM »
// Edited for Daiyousei too
// It was stated in Post #412 that it would likely take 20 seconds to charge up a full power one, if he detonates it early because the thinks were going to break his spell we win cause it will be a reduced power blast and we will most likely survive, though I think we can fly together and join our energies in much less than 20 seconds.  You can get a lot done in 20 seconds when under pressure
// Also I don't think we will get a no-risk option in this part of the story, we have pretty much explored everything

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2018, 03:41:18 AM »
//I have my doubts that we'll be able to accomplish it in 20 seconds or less...
//Also he might totally hear the plan, I just realized...

//If we end up having to go through with it, then hopefully Louise will help too, considering it would be an utter shame if any of her non-fairy guides perished...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2018, 03:43:28 AM »
// It was stated that Louise is at some distance from the battle due to not wanting to get involved, the 20 seconds might not be enough if we wait for her, unless we start and she joins in later
// Even better if he hears the plan and detonates early or changes attacks
// We could also bluff about annihilating him and say we will use lethal bullets hopefully he shoots at us and breaks the attack

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #453 on: September 15, 2018, 03:45:13 AM »
unless we start and she joins in later
//That's what I meant by "hopefully Louise will help too"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2018, 03:45:59 AM »
// Other than this what do you suggest?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #455 on: September 15, 2018, 03:52:50 AM »
//We can try your way, but if it kills us or any party members then don't say I didn't warn you.

>Plan Tom
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 03:55:26 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #456 on: September 15, 2018, 04:29:27 AM »
> Hold it
// After doing some math I've had an idea about this
// Most humans can sprint at like 3-5 meters a second, we are Youkai and we can fly so our speed is certainly higher than that, like 15 meters a second, if we were at his position and started to run away in 20 seconds we could run between 200 and 300 meters, though we at a distance from him so likely we could get further away.  The AoE blast would have to have a radius of 300 meters to even hit us, which is a diameter of 600 meters and 600 meters is quite a range, think like an entire city block.  I seriously doubt his range in 20 seconds will be that high.  Also since this is a 3D world the blast would be in a sphere shape.  Our distance is increasing linearly due to us flying at 10-15 m/s he would need to increase the radius (r) of his sphere by an equal amount to reach us, however the volume of his sphere increases by 4/3πr3 meaning the energy required for him increases exponentially.  So flying away could also work

Here is how he would have to increase his power levels to reach us at 21 seconds:
Time (sec): 1236912151821
Distance (m): 15304590135180225270315
Volume (m3): ~4.1 ~113,097 ~381,703 ~3,053,628 ~10,305,994 ~24,429,024 ~47,712,938 ~82,447,957 ~130,924,303

// Also if the damage from his attack is reduced linearly (which is very generous, as most things get divided by distance squared, like radio signal strength) as we move further away from him we will take less damage and our survival chance will increase if we do end up getting hit, but we should ask about this

> Do AoE attacks have the same power everywhere in their area of effect or is the effect reduced the further out you are

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #457 on: September 15, 2018, 06:52:18 AM »
//Oh wow... I honestly didn't expect anyone to bring actual math into this :P

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2018, 07:12:20 AM »
> Hold it
// After doing some math I've had an idea about this
// Most humans can sprint at like 3-5 meters a second, we are Youkai and we can fly so our speed is certainly higher than that, like 15 meters a second, if we were at his position and started to run away in 20 seconds we could run between 200 and 300 meters, though we at a distance from him so likely we could get further away.  The AoE blast would have to have a radius of 300 meters to even hit us, which is a diameter of 600 meters and 600 meters is quite a range, think like an entire city block.  I seriously doubt his range in 20 seconds will be that high.  Also since this is a 3D world the blast would be in a sphere shape.  Our distance is increasing linearly due to us flying at 10-15 m/s he would need to increase the radius (r) of his sphere by an equal amount to reach us, however the volume of his sphere increases by 4/3πr3 meaning the energy required for him increases exponentially.  So flying away could also work

Here is how he would have to increase his power levels to reach us at 21 seconds:
Time (sec): 1236912151821
Distance (m): 15304590135180225270315
Volume (m3): ~4.1 ~113,097 ~381,703 ~3,053,628 ~10,305,994 ~24,429,024 ~47,712,938 ~82,447,957 ~130,924,303

// Also if the damage from his attack is reduced linearly (which is very generous, as most things get divided by distance squared, like radio signal strength) as we move further away from him we will take less damage and our survival chance will increase if we do end up getting hit, but we should ask about this

> Do AoE attacks have the same power everywhere in their area of effect or is the effect reduced the further out you are

> Like any explosion, it would get weaker with distance. It dosen't just arbitrarily stop; after all.

> This dosen't mean it experiences falloff in the exact same manner as a non-magical explosion; magic and all that.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #459 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:26 AM »
// So we could shoot at him while also flying away from him?
// What if we attack from multiple directions?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #460 on: September 15, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »
// Thats a good idea, we can also shoot while flying away, unless it slows us down in any way
// So here are the revised actions, wait for confirmation by other players, feel free to add/change the actions
> "Everyone! Fly away from him, get as far as you can and don't stop!"
> "If you can, shoot at him while flying but don't let it slow you down"
> Put all our energy in to flying as fast as we can and fly outwards, away from him, make sure to fly above the treeline and with our darkness spread out so we can see
> If it doesn't slow us down, spam arcs of fast bullets behind us,

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #461 on: September 15, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »
>"That means you too, Donnie! You don't want to be caught in this!"

//other than that I approve.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #462 on: September 15, 2018, 04:54:24 PM »
>Actually, wait.

//actually, nevermind, sorry, just thought of one last thing:
//How much power should we put into our shots as we fly away?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #463 on: September 15, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »
// So we could shoot at him while also flying away from him?
// What if we attack from multiple directions?

// Yes, that's what unfocused fire is for!

// It's unlikely to penetrate the magical buildup; but it may weaken the ultimate result.

Not going through with the commands just yet as Nazgul asked a few more questions and the unfocused fire at top speed might change things.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #464 on: September 15, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
// We shouldn't sacrifice speed for shots so not that much
// So if everyone agrees lets proceed

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #465 on: September 15, 2018, 05:24:19 PM »
// We shouldn't sacrifice speed for shots so not that much
//Since when was there a relation between shot power and flight speed?

>Will the power of shots affect flight speed at all, or are they completely unrelated?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #466 on: September 15, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
// If there is no correlation then spam maximum firepower, Yuyuko style!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #467 on: September 15, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
//Since when was there a relation between shot power and flight speed?

>Will the power of shots affect flight speed at all, or are they completely unrelated?

//Focus v Non-Focus. For example; when I said Rumia cannot fly fast while setting up her delayed lasers.

> Unrelated; it's more shot-type than raw power.

> Specifically at maximum speed you're basically limited to forward-focus such as your red shots.

> Just want confirmation this is fine before proceeding.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #468 on: September 15, 2018, 08:20:11 PM »
forward-focus

>So at max speed would we be able to shoot at him at all or only in the direction we're travelling?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #469 on: September 15, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »
>So at max speed would we be able to shoot at him at all or only in the direction we're travelling?

> The direction you are facing, not traveling. You can fly in reverse, just make sure you don't hit any trees.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #470 on: September 15, 2018, 08:51:17 PM »
//So Tom, do you think we should attack with the lethal stuff or Danmaku. The goal isn't to kill him, but it would be troublesome if he remained conscious due to insufficent damage... Should we tell the others to use Danmaku or lethal stuff as well?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #471 on: September 15, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
// We are not flying in reverse, we're Rumia and the trees are out to get us!
// Lets do danmaku cause if were not looking and spamming magical shots we might hit his vital parts or random people not involved in the battle (like the local nameless Youkai or people far away we can't see)
// He will be drained anyways cause of his attack, so we can just come back and finish him

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #472 on: September 15, 2018, 10:10:13 PM »
// He will be drained anyways cause of his attack, so we can just come back and finish him
//That's assuming he won't flee into the portal before we can come back.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #473 on: September 16, 2018, 03:54:50 AM »
// Oh well I'm sure we will meet him again if he flees
// Lets proceed?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #474 on: September 16, 2018, 04:02:48 AM »
//Should we repost all the commands we want parsed for Raikaria's convenience?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2018, 04:48:44 AM »
// I will do so, we don't want any critical (for our survival) actions missed

> "That means you too, Donnie! You don't want to be caught in this!"
> Fly outwards and away from him as fast as we can, make sure to fly above the treeline and with our darkness spread out so we can see
> If we can do this without flying backwards, shoot semi circles or arcs of danmaku backwards, don't bother aiming just spam
> Start counting seconds in our mind

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2018, 04:55:24 AM »
don't bother aiming just spam
>Do try to aim in his general direction (off of memory if we're not flying backwards) though, if we can.

//Also, just to be sure to the parser that it's final:
>Approved.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2018, 05:18:30 AM »
// Awesome!  Now lets hope we don't encounter Yuyuko early...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
// I will do so, we don't want any critical (for our survival) actions missed

> "That means you too, Donnie! You don't want to be caught in this!"
> Fly outwards and away from him as fast as we can, make sure to fly above the treeline and with our darkness spread out so we can see
> If we can do this without flying backwards, shoot semi circles or arcs of danmaku backwards, don't bother aiming just spam
> Start counting seconds in our mind

> Everyone starts flying away at top speed. Because of the trees; you decide to look where you are going and thus can't fire back until you break the treeline, at which point you turn back around and fly backwards [There's nothing to crash into] and start spamming out streams of red, yellow and green shots in more or less lines [At top speed this is about all you can do]

>  You take a moment to take note of who else is above the treeline. Mystia and Kogasa escaped further than you; Wriggle is about equal and Daiyousei gets the least distance. You don't see Louise or Donitia.

>Do try to aim in his general direction (off of memory if we're not flying backwards) though, if we can.

//Also, just to be sure to the parser that it's final:
>Approved.

> After about ten seconds, a red dome suddenly extends, coming a bit above the treeline. You have no way of telling if this was due to the barrage of danmaku from everyone weakening the buildup; or if that was as powerful as the blast was.

> The red dome remains for a few seconds, and you can see the trees within it wither before turning to dust.

> The red dome fades, and you can see the orange-haired male on his hands and knees in a crater. The portal is still open. Donitia is nowhere to be seen, but there is a cloud of red mist by the portal. The mists rolling from the portal are joining this cloud of mist.

> Louise is floating exactly where she was before. She seems unharmed despite having been in the explosion, although you do see some wisps of blue flame dancing around her for a moment. The ten small red clouds are still around her.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2018, 11:10:47 PM »
>If wriggle is in earshot:
>>"Wriggle! Operation: Boot to the head!"

>Fly back to him at top speed (with caution), prepare for incoming assaults.
>If Wriggle doesn't kick him unconscious: "Well, you failed to kill us and you're tired. Why don't you just surrender and we'll call it a day, Mr. Suit?"