Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135203 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #420 on: September 13, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
// I want to try what we used to use pre spell card rules, with physical strikes, and making it pitch black around us

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #421 on: September 13, 2018, 08:19:54 PM »
// I want to try what we used to use pre spell card rules, with physical strikes, and making it pitch black around us
//Was what we used pre-spellcard rules even mentioned at all?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #422 on: September 13, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »
// Yeah I asked earlier when we saw a shadow figure, also we know he needs his vision to perform this attack like he said, so making it pitch black will make it even harder for him

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #423 on: September 13, 2018, 08:39:21 PM »
// Yeah I asked earlier when we saw a shadow figure, also we know he needs his vision to perform this attack like he said, so making it pitch black will make it even harder for him
//1. Citation please?
//2. he said "I don't need my eyesight" to use this attack... Making things pitch black is an unnecessary risk.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #424 on: September 13, 2018, 08:40:30 PM »
//1. Citation please?
//2. he said "I don't need my eyesight" to use this attack... Making things pitch black is an unnecessary risk.

// Post #100

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »
//FEI: going to be at work for the next 4-5 hours or so. As such I'll be slow to post/respond/countermand for a bit.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #426 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:26 PM »
// I have a feeling as to what we have to do here
// We can run away (Risk is not getting out of range)
// We can run to the portal (Risk is what is on the other side, for all we know there could be 10 of these guys there)
// We can try and break his spell (If we fail we'll be playing Ace Attorney with Shikieiki)
(Do not advance in game time)
> While charging up his attack he seems pretty immobile doesn't he?  Like if we ran he wouldn't be able to follow us
> Would flying in to the Makai portal take less time than flying away from his AoE attack range?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #427 on: September 13, 2018, 10:17:15 PM »
// I have a feeling as to what we have to do here
// We can run away (Risk is not getting out of range)
// We can run to the portal (Risk is what is on the other side, for all we know there could be 10 of these guys there)
// We can try and break his spell (If we fail we'll be playing Ace Attorney with Shikieiki)
(Do not advance in game time)
> While charging up his attack he seems pretty immobile doesn't he?  Like if we ran he wouldn't be able to follow us
> Would flying in to the Makai portal take less time than flying away from his AoE attack range?

> He is clearly immobile judging by his stance.

> In all likelihood the explosion's area would extend beyond the portal. It is an option.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2018, 10:23:53 PM »
// Thinking about going for the portal, what do you think Evil_Nazgul0616?  Just going to check one thing
> Can we use our spellcards as a "bomb" by declaring them right when he uses his attack to clear out his attack or be temporarily invincible?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2018, 10:27:46 PM »
// Thinking about going for the portal, what do you think Evil_Nazgul0616?  Just going to check one thing
> Can we use our spellcards as a "bomb" by declaring them right when he uses his attack to clear out his attack or be temporarily invincible?

> That only works with the spellcard rules.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #430 on: September 13, 2018, 10:35:28 PM »
> Uhh where has Louise been this entire time, she's been awfully quiet (from memory, don't advance time to check)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2018, 10:41:26 PM »
> Uhh where has Louise been this entire time, she's been awfully quiet (from memory, don't advance time to check)

> Louise is in the area, floating near, but not in the battle. As usual; it's kinda hard to read her emotions as she's just smiling slightly with her eyes closed. She's also looking after the mist from the ten fairies who poofed earlier.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #432 on: September 13, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »
> If we all were to fly straight up would we make it out of range
> Does shooting bullets or lasers backwards propel us forward in any way?
> Also can we launch physical items by hitting them with danmaku or putting them inside danmaku?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2018, 11:13:45 PM »
> If we all were to fly straight up would we make it out of range
> Does shooting bullets or lasers backwards propel us forward in any way?
> Also can we launch physical items by hitting them with danmaku or putting them inside danmaku?

> You don't know how much time you have or the size of the attack.

> No

> Danmaku can't do this; except maybe to something rather small and light; but actual magical shots can. You can't put things inside danmaku or magic shots.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #434 on: September 14, 2018, 12:14:10 AM »
//I'd say no on the portal. There's miasma on the other side that will basically poison anyone not named Donnie or Louise.

//Plus If the explosion takes out said portal we will be marooned in said lethal miasma...

//Anyway break is over. I'll be back again in 2-3 hrs

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2018, 05:16:12 AM »
// There's likely more than one way to solve this, we have about 10-20 seconds of in game time once we decide on something
// Daiyousei could "test" the miasma as she would respawn if it was fatal, for all we know it could just give us all "full power mode" since its ambient magical energy but we will have wasted too much time if it ends up being poisonous.  My thought on why it might not hurt us but actually benefit us is because in Post #4 it is stated that we require magical energy to sustain ourselves and there is not enough ambient energy but maybe in Makai there is.
// Though flying close to him and point blank hitting him with all the lethal shots and lasers we can generate also sounds like a good plan
// But we have to decide on something, or a combination of things like blasting him and running for the portal if we see nothing happens

> Did we have any kind of cheat ways of dealing with situations like this in the past, pre Spell Card Rules, I mean we're pretty old and I doubt we survived on our charisma alone?
> Can we charge up a lethal AoE attack and detonate it faster than him?  It doesn't have to have as big a range as his since were right next to him, instead we want maximum density/damage in a small area
> Can we channel our energies together with Wriggle and Daiyousei to create a single blast that is stronger than what we can do individually?
> Also ugh! Why is Louise over there smiling while were doing all the hard work here!?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #436 on: September 14, 2018, 05:26:40 AM »
Post #4
//dead link.

(Do not advance time)
>Is lethal danmaku instantly lethal? Does it leave nasty damage? Does it kill over time?
>Is there any kind of "first aid" procedure for a lethal danmaku victim to keep them alive until help arrives?
>How close was the nearest settlement again? How confident are we in dragging a near death demon to them and getting help in time if we must mortally wound him?

//Note, I will very much like to take him alive as a prisoner (and possibly attempt to make him our servant afterwards). But if we have no choice but to purposefully kill him to get out of this unscathed (or an accidental death by danmaku is unavoidable), I'll accept it.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #437 on: September 14, 2018, 05:38:18 AM »
// Link fixed ty
// While rechecking what has happened up to this point the fact that he is male might not be insignificant, and Rumia remembering something about their vital parts, maybe Wriggle could try to land a kick there?
// And yeah taking him alive would be the best outcome as he would have information, but getting hit will put us in a difficult situation

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #438 on: September 14, 2018, 05:46:53 AM »
// While rechecking what has happened up to this point the fact that he is male might not be insignificant, and Rumia remembering something about their vital parts, maybe Wriggle could try to land a kick there?
//As hilarious and excruciatingly painful as that sounds, would that be enough to interrupt his spell and incapacitate him? Besides, if it fails we're effectively sending Wriggle to her death...

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #439 on: September 14, 2018, 05:52:55 AM »
// Were all within range, so I doubt it would make a difference on who survived if she were to fail
// Maybe we can get a sense if the Makai energy will power us up or poison us by going near the portal, he is getting energy from it, we might be able to sense what kind of energy it is

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2018, 05:55:30 AM »
// Were all within range, so I doubt it would make a difference on who survived if she were to fail
// Maybe we can get a sense if the Makai energy will power us up or poison us by going near the portal, he is getting energy from it, we might be able to sense what kind of energy it is
//The difference is that Wriggle will be at ground zero if we send her in and she fails. We might have a chance to walk out with severe injuries, but Wriggle is far more likely to be completely obliterated.
//Well Makai energy is equal parts magical energy and poison. It will likely power us up, yes, but it'll probably poison us at the same time.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2018, 06:53:50 AM »
> Did we have any kind of cheat ways of dealing with situations like this in the past, pre Spell Card Rules, I mean we're pretty old and I doubt we survived on our charisma alone?
> Can we charge up a lethal AoE attack and detonate it faster than him?  It doesn't have to have as big a range as his since were right next to him, instead we want maximum density/damage in a small area
> Can we channel our energies together with Wriggle and Daiyousei to create a single blast that is stronger than what we can do individually?
> Also ugh! Why is Louise over there smiling while were doing all the hard work here!?

> You don't really know how old you are. As for the past, this sort of situation wasn't very common and was most often used by fairies throwing a tantrum... who were neither hard to stop or produced large explosions. And usually killed themselves doing it [Because Fairies are Fairies and a lot of them are happy to abuse their immortality.]

> Unlikly; if he's gathering more power, his own gathered power would protect him. Plus he has a headstart.

> Entirely possible.

> You'd need to ask her that.

>Is lethal danmaku instantly lethal? Does it leave nasty damage? Does it kill over time?
>Is there any kind of "first aid" procedure for a lethal danmaku victim to keep them alive until help arrives?
>How close was the nearest settlement again? How confident are we in dragging a near death demon to them and getting help in time if we must mortally wound him?

//Note, I will very much like to take him alive as a prisoner (and possibly attempt to make him our servant afterwards). But if we have no choice but to purposefully kill him to get out of this unscathed (or an accidental death by danmaku is unavoidable), I'll accept it.

> It's potentially lethal. It does more than scrapes and bruises. The actual damage done entirely depends on what sort of thing you're hit by; where you are hit and the power difference. Getting hit by a *real* Master Spark for example could vaporize you. Getting hit by a *real* needle shot from Reimu would likly penetrate whatever it hit, not being fatal but being highly inconvenient. Unless she managed to hit your heart or something.

> The nearest settlement is the Kappa Village, which isn't too far away. You imagine the Kappa have decent first-aid.

// Link fixed ty
// And yeah taking him alive would be the best outcome as he would have information, but getting hit will put us in a difficult situation

// Reminder that the parser is himself a male so is unlikely to have designed an encounter in such a manner.

// This doesn't mean it's not a viable solution.

// On the topic of Makai Maisma, you do not know what it would do to you. Most denizens you have met have said it would kill you however, with likelihoods ranging from 'Probably' to 'Certainly'.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:57:51 AM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2018, 07:02:52 AM »
//Question: If we die, would that be the end of the quest, or would we be given an opportunity to redo the fatal action?

(Do not advance time)
>If, hypothetically, all of us fired a single shot or laser at full power at areas that are unlikely to be his heart and lungs, do we think it would it be able to overwhelm and incapacitate him, or would such a stunt kill him outright?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2018, 07:38:35 AM »
//Question: If we die, would that be the end of the quest, or would we be given an opportunity to redo the fatal action?

(Do not advance time)
>If, hypothetically, all of us fired a single shot or laser at full power at areas that are unlikely to be his heart and lungs, do we think it would it be able to overwhelm and incapacitate him, or would such a stunt kill him outright?

// Likely the latter.

> Again; this entirely depends on how strong he is and how durable he is. It dosen't matter if you avoid vital areas if you turn him into swiss cheese.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2018, 01:26:05 PM »
> Could we do a powerful 3 person AoE non lethal danmaku attack?  As in to inflict the maximum amount of magical pain possible but without physical harm?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2018, 04:46:22 PM »
> Could we do a powerful 3 person AoE non lethal danmaku attack?  As in to inflict the maximum amount of magical pain possible but without physical harm?

> Theoretically; although it's questionable how much point there would be in an AoE attack on a stationary target.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »
> Can we channel our energies in to a non lethal danmaku laser then or is it AoE only? 
> Also can we focus all our energy in to creating magical pain instead of damage?  Like use the energy we would have used to make a lethal shot into inflicting even more pain (even beyond what is allowed by the rules)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »
> Can we channel our energies in to a non lethal danmaku laser then or is it AoE only? 
> Also can we focus all our energy in to creating magical pain instead of damage?  Like use the energy we would have used to make a lethal shot into inflicting even more pain (even beyond what is allowed by the rules)

> You can probobly combine your attacks in a fashion like that, although Wriggle; Mystia and Daiyousei don't use laser-based danmaku. You don't know about Kogasa.

> Danmaku is already that. Otherwise a lot of people would never admit defeat.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #448 on: September 14, 2018, 11:24:21 PM »
// I think its about time we do something, if we see no results we can switch to magical shots
// Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616 on these actions
> Okay then lets do bullets instead of lasers
> "Hey Mystia, Wriggle, Daiyousei and Kogasa!  Lets combine our energies and blast him with a powerful danmaku stream!"
> "Lets all aim for his head, it may break his focus and his spell"
> If Kogasa is not near do not wait for her, she can join in once she gets here, only wait for Mystia and Wriggle
> Go to a spot in front of him, close to Mystia and Wriggle and once our energies are combined fire an endless stream of fast powerful shots
> Keep our eyes focused on what effect our shots are having on him, if it gets too bright to see him due to the magic manipulate darkness to dim the area so we can see better

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #449 on: September 14, 2018, 11:33:08 PM »
// I think its about time we do something, if we see no results we can switch to magical shots
// Wait for Evil_Nazgul0616 on these actions
> Okay then lets do bullets instead of lasers
> "Hey Mystia, Wriggle and Kogasa!  Lets combine our energies and blast him with a powerful danmaku stream!"
> "Lets all aim for his head, it may break his focus and his spell"
> If Kogasa is not near do not wait for her, she can join in once she gets here, only wait for Mystia and Wriggle
> Go to a spot in front of him, close to Mystia and Wriggle and once our energies are combined fire an endless stream of fast powerful shots
> Keep our eyes focused on what effect our shots are having on him, if it gets too bright to see him due to the magic manipulate darkness to dim the area so we can see better
>Hold.

//One problem: How can you be sure he won't detonate before we get into position?
//Also don't forget Dai.