Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135246 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2018, 05:44:28 PM »
>"Mystia! Maybe we could use something to boost morale, perhaps you'll get a new fan and customer out of it too if he likes it enough!"
>Wink at Mystia, hope she gets the hint, and hover out of her range if we're in her path..

>Will we be at risk of being hit by teammate's spellcards if we're on the same side, or do the spellcard rules have safeguards in the event of team fights?
>Are the rest of our teammates even attacking?

> Mystia starts looking for a safe spot to actually sing.

> You are immune to allied danmaku. However, in battles where it is one against many, you either have to declare a team spellcard or only one of you can use one at once. That said; this guy isn't following the Rules.

> Daiyousei is almost completely focused on dodgeing. Wriggle's shots haven't really been making it through the barrage of enemy shots. Mystia is currently looking for a safe location to sing from, and Kogasa isn't around...

> You think you see something blue flying above the treeline, through the branches. That's probobly Kogasa. Knowing her, she's up to something.

>  Back off from the familiars a bit to give us more time to dodge the faster lasers
> Lets destroy his familiars
> Enter focus mode once we are sure theres nothing directly coming for us
> Fire 6 delayed-spawn lasers, 3 from each hand aim them all at the closest of the two familiars
> Stay in focus mode so we can see our hitbox dodge the spread out lasers by moving small amounts and get graze score

> You back off; making it easier to avoid the high-speed lasers.

> You aim at the left-hand magical circle with your laser nonspells. They pass right through and nothing happens. [They're like the ones Koakuma or Sakuya uses in her first nonspell in EosD]

> You focus on dodgeing the lasers.

//I have an idea...
//His barrier looks like a rectangle, meaning it probably won't block attacks from behind.
//I say we could send Kogasa behind him for a surprise point blank spellcard attack while the rest of us keep his attention, though it'll be hard to relay those tactics to our teammates without him hearing.

// We can just drain him, he is out of his natural habitat and we can keep taking out his familiars and hitting his barrier, Kogasa is quite bad at surprises without our help and we don't want her getting hit with magical bullets

// He has a Makai portal open behind him. He's not going to run out of energy he's absorbing the Maiasma eminateing from it.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2018, 05:48:54 PM »
//1. He is siphoning miasma from the still open portal (ninja'd by Raikaria)
//2. We would be helping her by keeping his attention on the rest of us.

//Another option would be to have Wriggle sneak up on him and knock him out with a wriggle kick to the head. Would probably be better to knock him unconscious anyway, as I doubt we have any rope or bindings...

//But since Kogasa actually saw the opportunity.

>Out of all of us, who has a dense, attention-grabbing spellcard?
>If none of us do, contemplate how effective Moonlit Ray would be to achieve that effect.
>Continue firing stacked shots at his hand as we dodge.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #392 on: September 12, 2018, 05:51:16 PM »
> When we use darkness sphere does it feel like we "emit" darkness or "absorb" the light around us?
> Well Kogasa is up to something better keep him distracted
> Do lasers reflect off of reflective surfaces?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #393 on: September 12, 2018, 06:40:55 PM »
//1. He is siphoning miasma from the still open portal (ninja'd by Raikaria)
//2. We would be helping her by keeping his attention on the rest of us.

//Another option would be to have Wriggle sneak up on him and knock him out with a wriggle kick to the head. Would probably be better to knock him unconscious anyway, as I doubt we have any rope or bindings...

//But since Kogasa actually saw the opportunity.

>Out of all of us, who has a dense, attention-grabbing spellcard?
>If none of us do, contemplate how effective Moonlit Ray would be to achieve that effect.
>Continue firing stacked shots at his hand as we dodge.

> You would say it's Mystia in terms of density, but to set that one up she needs to inflict Night-Blindness anyway. After that it's Wriggle. Especially in terms of attention-grabbing with the firefly familiars.

> When we use darkness sphere does it feel like we "emit" darkness or "absorb" the light around us?
> Well Kogasa is up to something better keep him distracted
> Do lasers reflect off of reflective surfaces?

> You... don't know. You just think of an area being dark and your darkness moves there.

> It depends how durable the surface is. If it's too weak it'll just break it. Otherwise it'll usually reflect.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #394 on: September 12, 2018, 06:44:27 PM »
>Would either us or Wriggle declaring a spellcard right now interfere with Mystia or our teammates?
>Which spellcards of Wriggle have the firefly familiars again? Firefly Phenomenon? Nightbug Storm/Tornado?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #395 on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:36 PM »
>Would either us or Wriggle declaring a spellcard right now interfere with Mystia or our teammates?
>Which spellcards of Wriggle have the firefly familiars again? Firefly Phenomenon? Nightbug Storm/Tornado?

> No, it wouldn't interfere with Mystia using her ability.

> All of Wriggles spellcards utilize her familiars in some form or another It was IN's whole gimmick after all; and Aya's commentary makes it pretty clear Wriggle's using insects in StB too . Wriggle's familiars are weaker than Mystia's, but Wriggle's pretty good at launching large amounts of weak danmaku.

> In terms of sheer usage of Familiars; it's probobly Firefly Sign: Comet on Earth; the danmaku from that spellcard is almost entirely created in trails from Wriggle's familiars. This also makes it rather low-effort for Wriggle, but the spell is rather predictable and easy to evade too if one keeps an eye on the fireflies.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #396 on: September 12, 2018, 09:02:37 PM »
>"Wriggle! Do you think you can use a spellcard right now?"

>How strong are Wriggle's kicks, anyway? Could they knock someone unconscious with little effort?

>Look at our opponent, continue to dodge his barrage.
>"So, pretty boy, I have to ask... Do you wear a suit because it makes you feel fancy, or are you like some kind of rich guy over there? Or are you a butler? Those have suits, right?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #397 on: September 12, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
> How far away can we darken stuff if we think of it being darkened?  Does our sphere just grow to enclose the area or does it create another sphere or move ours?
> If we fly upwards do we have a clear shot at the portal or is the barrier blocking the way?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #398 on: September 12, 2018, 10:06:25 PM »
>"Wriggle! Do you think you can use a spellcard right now?"

>How strong are Wriggle's kicks, anyway? Could they knock someone unconscious with little effort?

>Look at our opponent, continue to dodge his barrage.
>"So, pretty boy, I have to ask... Do you wear a suit because it makes you feel fancy, or are you like some kind of rich guy over there? Or are you a butler? Those have suits, right?"

> "Yeah, which one?" asks Wriggle. "Or do you mean any one?"

> Depends who 'someone' is. Wriggle could probobly kill a human with a kick [After all; she has youkai strength], and if she was serious and hit your head could probobly knock you clean out easily. A stronger youkai however? Probably not.

> The enemy ignores your taunts.

> How far away can we darken stuff if we think of it being darkened?  Does our sphere just grow to enclose the area or does it create another sphere or move ours?
> If we fly upwards do we have a clear shot at the portal or is the barrier blocking the way?

> The further away; and larger the area; the weaker your power. You can either move or extend your sphere, although extending will result in the darkness being less absolute. You can't darken two different areas at once.

> You could probobly shoot the portal from above, but at the same time he could just move; or cast another barrier. That said you have no idea on the exact workings of his barriers, except they are rectangular and emit from his hands.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #399 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »
> Aha a weakness, he only has 2 hands but we can spawn many lasers and bullets
> Unfocus if we are focused
> Fire a thick cluster of slow moving red bullets to his one hand
> Fly quickly in a circle around him to an spot where we can shoot bullets at his other hand directly
> Fire some normal speed bullets, ideally so the slow and normal speed bullets hit him at the same time
> Fly above him enter focus and fire 3 delayed spawn lasers at him from one hand and another 3 delayed spawn lasers at the portal behind him, try and time them so all the bullets and lasers hit at the same time
> If at any point we come close to being hit cancel out the attack and resume dodging

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2018, 10:21:11 PM »
> Aha a weakness, he only has 2 hands but we can spawn many lasers and bullets
> Unfocus if we are focused
> Fire a thick cluster of slow moving red bullets to his one hand
> Fly quickly in a circle around him to an spot where we can shoot bullets at his other hand directly
> Fire some normal speed bullets, ideally so the slow and normal speed bullets hit him at the same time
> Fly above him enter focus and fire 3 delayed spawn lasers at him from one hand and another 3 delayed spawn lasers at the portal behind him, try and time them so all the bullets and lasers hit at the same time
> If at any point we come close to being hit cancel out the attack and resume dodging

> You're not capable of moving fast enough to perform an attack that is designed to hit from multiple directions at once like this. Especially while dodging erratic lasers. And especially when some of the danmaku involved are your delayed lasers, which you can only move slowly during and can't delay long.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #401 on: September 12, 2018, 10:24:29 PM »
> "Wriggle! Target his one hand and keep it under constant fire"
> "Daiyousei fire a constant stream of shots at his other hand"
> After both his hands are occupied fly above him, enter focus and fire 3 delayed-spawn lasers at him and 3 at the portal

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #402 on: September 12, 2018, 10:46:19 PM »
>Don't fly into a position that will either put us in Mystia's voice cone or cause our opponent to notice Kogasa.

>To Wriggle: "Something dense. By the way, once you get an opportunity, want to introduce his head to your foot? I don't think we have any ropes or seals, and we don't have Cirno to freeze him, so we'll probably have to knock him out."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #403 on: September 12, 2018, 10:56:55 PM »
> "Wriggle! Target his one hand and keep it under constant fire"
> "Daiyousei fire a constant stream of shots at his other hand"
> After both his hands are occupied fly above him, enter focus and fire 3 delayed-spawn lasers at him and 3 at the portal

>Don't fly into a position that will either put us in Mystia's voice cone or cause our opponent to notice Kogasa.

>To Wriggle: "Something dense. By the way, once you get an opportunity, want to introduce his head to your foot? I don't think we have any ropes or seals, and we don't have Cirno to freeze him, so we'll probably have to knock him out."

> Wriggle flies to the left; while Daiyousei flies to the right. Daiyousei just releases a stream of danmaku, while Wriggle activates her Lamp Sign: Firefly Firefly Phenomenon spellcard and starts releaseing an impressive storm of small bullets and having a ring of familiars fire some targeted shots.

> The daemon raised both hands and forms a barrier to each side; while you fly above.

> Unfortunately; he seems to notice this and dashes forward, away from the portal. This causes the two magical circles to vanish. Donitia quickly rolls out of the way of the danmaku; freed from the foot of your enemy.

> The lasers which hit the portal do nothing.

> You can see Kogasa in the treelines now that you are at a different vantage point. She is pretty clearly looking for a chance to surprise the male.

> Wriggle's spellcard is continuing, with the daemon electing to not rely on his barriers against it and instead dodge. This seems to be something he's not used to, as he's not retaliating while evadeing, a key part of a danmaku fight.

> This gives Mystia a clear chance; and she faces in the direction that the enemy is in; after positioning herself so that Wriggle; in a spell trance and thus not very capable of moving; wouldn't be in the cone of effect.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »
// Can we suffix spell card declarations with E/N/H/L to specify difficulty/power level to conserve energy if needed?
> Declare Night Sign -Midnight Bird-

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2018, 11:11:53 PM »
// Can we suffix spell card declarations with E/N/H/L to specify difficulty/power level to conserve energy if needed?
>Don't. We could interfere with Wriggle's card.

>Do, however, fire lasers at him while he's distracted by Wriggle. Stay out of Mystia's range.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2018, 11:13:01 PM »
//edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #407 on: September 13, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »
> "Mystia now is our chance!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2018, 12:16:42 PM »

// In an in-character sense it works kinda like StB where it's energy/effort used [It ramps up the more pictures Aya takes]. So Rumia wouldn't actually say the same difficulty name.

>Don't. We could interfere with Wriggle's card.

>Do, however, fire lasers at him while he's distracted by Wriggle. Stay out of Mystia's range.

> "Mystia now is our chance!"

> You fire some lasers to help try and catch him, but he's actually rather good at evasion.

> Then you hear Mystia's birdsong, and suddenly the enemy is almost completely incapable of evasion; and gets absolutely hammered by Wriggle's spellcard.

> Despite this; he releases a wave of magical energy; which cancels out all of the danmaku and even breaks Wriggle's spellcard.

> "A lowly trick, but I do not need by eyesight to eliminate you pests; bear witness to the unbridled magical power of Makai!"

> The daemon starts to gather a massive amount of magical energy around himself, pulling all of the mists coming from the portal in.

> "Uh, Rumia... you know he's not playing by the rules?" Daiyousei says. "I think he's going to do one of those things the rules specifically ban..."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #409 on: September 13, 2018, 12:57:47 PM »
>Do we know what that is? ( Do not advance in-game time as this is merely a simple inquiry)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #410 on: September 13, 2018, 03:16:06 PM »
>Do we know what that is? ( Do not advance in-game time as this is merely a simple inquiry)

> You can only assume it's a magical explosion. An AoE style of attack that cannot be evaded, and thus isn't allowed in the Spellcard rules. It'a also completely against the spirit of a danmaku battle as it's nothing about beauty as well, it's just an expression of raw power. Even moreso than something like Marisa's Master Spark.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #411 on: September 13, 2018, 03:39:58 PM »
(Do not advance time for the following inquiries):
>Would it be lethal or incapacitating to the caster?
>Is it interruptible? Such as by knocking the user unconscious?
>What would be the effective range, on average, for such explosions, could everyone get away in time with our current positions?
>How long would it take to set up, rough estimate?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
(Do not advance time for the following inquiries):
>Would it be lethal or incapacitating to the caster?
>Is it interruptible? Such as by knocking the user unconscious?
>What would be the effective range, on average, for such explosions, could everyone get away in time with our current positions?
>How long would it take to set up, rough estimate?

> No; but it uses a large amount of magical energy.  It's usually a desperation attack.

> Yes; but doing so is risky in the event you can't manage this; not to mention the magical build-up is like a magical barrier in itself; any magic would have to be strong enough to pierce the built-up magic around the user to impact them.

> The answers to the other two entirely depend on how much energy the user is putting into it relative to their maximum capacity and their capabilities. Someone strong using 100% of their magic energy could produce a far larger  and stronger explosion than someone like Cirno could. A small 'protective' explosion could be ready in a moment or two. A full power one might take about twenty seconds to charge all the user's magical energy.

> But this is all assuming the rules are the same for being of Makai. And when they're drawing on external energy. It's pretty safe to say from what he said before he started this however that it's going to be a fairly strong and large explosion. After all; his intent is to kill you.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2018, 03:51:01 PM »
(Do not advance in game time)
> Do we think our lethal magical shots are powerful enough to pierce the magical buildup?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #414 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:13 PM »
>How well do we know of Daiyousei's teleportation powers? Can she teleport groups? Can she teleport far and fast?
>Would lethal magic be capable of rendering him unconscious if it can pierce the buildup? Us alone? All of us together?
>Would a kick from wriggle be enough to knock him into the portal and have him go off "harmlessly" on the other side?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #415 on: September 13, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
> Do we think our lethal magical shots are powerful enough to pierce the magical buildup?

> You have no idea. You are hardly an expert at magical analysis.

>How well do we know of Daiyousei's teleportation powers? Can she teleport groups? Can she teleport far and fast?
>Would lethal magic be capable of rendering him unconscious if it can pierce the buildup? Us alone? All of us together?
>Would a kick from wriggle be enough to knock him into the portal and have him go off "harmlessly" on the other side?

> She cannot teleport others. She can only do short-distance self-teleports.

> If you can pierce the magical buildup and overpower it; yes, it is likely you could stop his attack. The state of him afterwards however is another issue.

> You are unsure. It's not like the rest of you *lack* physical strength. Moving him physically is a possibility.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #416 on: September 13, 2018, 05:31:05 PM »
> Would touching him be an issue with the energy around him?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #417 on: September 13, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »
> Would touching him be an issue with the energy around him?

> You can probobly protect yourself with your own energy. Like gloves.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #418 on: September 13, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
(Do not advance time)
>If we all aimed at non-vital areas with lethal magic, would it be enough to incapacitate or render him unconscious rather than kill?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2018, 06:54:58 PM »
(Do not advance time)
>If we all aimed at non-vital areas with lethal magic, would it be enough to incapacitate or render him unconscious rather than kill?

> It's impossible to tell. You don't know how strong his magic; or the magic he is absorbing is. You don't know how durable his species is; and you don't even know if his vital points are the same as yours.

> I mean; he's a male. You heard something about males hearts being in their stomachs before after all.

[Rumia is not an anatomy major]