Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135214 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #360 on: September 11, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »
>Shrug
>"Suit yourself. Let us know if you ever change your mind, then."

>Say to our friends: "We really should have Cirno meet her."

>  "I won't~"

> "Can we just make sure we're at a safe distance first?" Daiyousei says.

> "And preferably that there's a bigger incident going on before we do it so we don't get beat up by Reimu?" Wriggle jokes.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #361 on: September 11, 2018, 10:12:01 PM »
//I think you missed Tom's post

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »
// Ehh it's fine, we can ask again later
> Joke "Or somehow be on Reimu's good side ... if she even has one haha"
> "How much farther is the place, Donitia"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
> "Hey Mystia, isn't there some kind of Miasma in the Forest?  We were heading there anyway, maybe it could help her"

//I feel that your question is important.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2018, 10:41:55 PM »
// Ehh it's fine, we can ask again later
> Joke "Or somehow be on Reimu's good side ... if she even has one haha"
> "How much farther is the place, Donitia"

/ Apologies

> "I'm sure Reimu has a good side." Mystia remarks. "As long as you're not in her way. Or making her do something."

> The fairy largely ignores you; and descends below the treeline.

> "Hey Mystia, isn't there some kind of Miasma in the Forest?  We were heading there anyway, maybe it could help her"

//I feel that your question is important.

> "Yes; there's some sort of magical miasma in the Forest of Magic. I'm not sure if it's the same type as Makai."

> "That's actually what I wanted to investigate there." Louise remarks. "It's composition seemed similar, but not identical."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »
>"Hey Donnie! You know we're heading to this forest that's supposed to have some kind of miasma in it. Maybe we can see if you can draw power from it?"
>Would be able to make a round trip there and back in under half an hour?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:56:21 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #366 on: September 11, 2018, 10:54:10 PM »
[You're not at the Forest of Magic yet; you're still at the forest at the foot of Youkai Mountain: Aka: Where MoF Stage 2 happens]

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #367 on: September 11, 2018, 10:56:30 PM »
//edit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2018, 11:10:01 PM »
>"Hey Donnie! You know we're heading to this forest that's supposed to have some kind of miasma in it. Maybe we can see if you can draw power from it?"
>Would be able to make a round trip there and back in under half an hour?

> "Hey BLEEP; who gave you permission to nickname me!" the fairy yells back. "And hell no; I'm not taking in any Gensokyian magic. It might kill me for good for all I know."

> Unlikely; especially given the speed that this fairy is showing. She really isn't fast.

> Donitia stops descending; floating just above the ground. There is a scorched patch on the ground.

> "Oi, Mayina; open up!" Donitia says. "I can't even get out of this forest."

> Red and black energy begins to gather above the scorch mark; before what is clearly a portal opens, and a new being exits it.

> The most striking thing about this being is that it looks to be a male. He is wearing a black suit with a white shirt, and black trousers. His hair is orange and bowl-cut, with two small bat-like wings coming out from the sides of his head; above his pointed ears. His back has a larger pair of similar wings, and a long; thin tail with a triangular point swishes behind him.

> This being has an emotionless expression as he looks at you and Donitia.

> "So; you even led them back here. Useless." the being says, before he smacks Donitia; causing her to fall to the ground.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2018, 11:23:36 PM »
>"Hey, don't hit Donnie, it's not her fault she ran out of energy here."
>Assist Donnie to her fe- err... stubs.
>"Anyway, we really didn't expect to see anyone else from her world so soon, so while you're here perhaps you would like to answer a question or two for us?"
>Be on guard for surprise attacks

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2018, 04:38:22 AM »
> Maintain distance as any shots will most likely be magical type

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2018, 08:28:12 AM »
>"Hey, don't hit Donnie, it's not her fault she ran out of energy here."
>Assist Donnie to her fe- err... stubs.
>"Anyway, we really didn't expect to see anyone else from her world so soon, so while you're here perhaps you would like to answer a question or two for us?"
>Be on guard for surprise attacks

> The stranger responds to your protest with a scoff. "Then who's fault is it?"

> Maintain distance as any shots will most likely be magical type
> You would help her up but she's right next to this stranger. And you decide it's probobly best to keep distance for the moment.

> "Why would I answer the questions of inferior beings such as yourselves? Especially since you've seen me and the portal. Honestly; this was just supposed to be a scouting mission, and now because of this useless fairy I have to perform clean-up..."

> Donitia struggles up using her arms and wings, only to be kicked back down. Causing a tirade of bleeps.

> The stranger; likely called Mayina judging from what Donitia said before; put out both hands and quickly forms two magical circles; that float away from him slowly, before they start spewing out kunai-like bullets erratically, with the only constant being they are not headed for himself.

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2018, 10:36:03 AM »
>Avoid the bullets while also shooting our own.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #373 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:04 PM »
>Avoid the bullets while also shooting our own.

> Any specific attack patterns? Nonspells? Spellcards?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »
> He is stationary so fire aimed arcs of blue and green bullets, additionally fire two aimed delayed-spawn lasers right when the bullets start reaching him
> Sense the bullets coming at us, magical or danmaku?

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #375 on: September 12, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »
>Try to avoid hitting Donnie
>"Someone grab Donnie!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #376 on: September 12, 2018, 01:55:39 PM »
// We should have Dai go cause she is a fairy but she will probably be too scared

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #377 on: September 12, 2018, 03:03:36 PM »
//Dai (as well as Lily) can short-range teleport in canon so she would be the best choice probably.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #378 on: September 12, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
> "Someone grab Donnie!" Change to Daiyousei

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #379 on: September 12, 2018, 03:34:29 PM »
> "Someone grab Donnie!" Change to Daiyousei
//Is this even a quest that allows for character switching?

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #380 on: September 12, 2018, 03:45:25 PM »
// I mean change the word "Someone" to "Daiyousei"
// Daiyousei is just a party member currently, we can't issue commands directly

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #381 on: September 12, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
> He is stationary so fire aimed arcs of blue and green bullets, additionally fire two aimed delayed-spawn lasers right when the bullets start reaching him
> Sense the bullets coming at us, magical or danmaku?

> You fire various danmaku at the male; but with his hands free, he lifts one and forms a magical barrier; similar to Donitia.

> These are definitely the 'Trying to kill you' type of bullets.

>Try to avoid hitting Donnie
>"Someone Daiyousei grab Donnie!"

> It seems she's covered by the barrier. On the other hand, she has the enemy's foot on her.

> Daiyousei attempts to teleport in to grab the Makai fairy, but her teleport stops short; right in front of the barrier. It almost looks like she bounced off. Mayina raises the hand not projecting the barrier in a fist and punches Daiyousei in a downwards movement, causing her to fall as well.

> "Fairies, nothing better than flies in whatever dimension they are in."

> The two magical circles are still moving away from the caster, while fireing. This is having the effect of making the barrage more spread out due to distance.

> Red mist is flowing slowly from the portal open behind the stranger. Some of this mist is being absorbed by both the attacker and Donitia.

[NB: You may be given control of a character temporarily in some situations if I feel it is suitable. For example; if you split up you may play both Rumia's side and someone on the other team's. Or if someone else's abilities are critical to a battle. You may also request it; but it may be denied simply because your group of youkai aren't exactly co-ordinated fighters so being able to easily co-ordinate multiple character attacks would be out of character. Perhaps if this was Primsriver Quest. That would also probobly be hell to GM with THREE player characters. Maybe you get 3 players and give 1 sister to each of them?

Also note that it's entirely possible for you and other characters to become better at fighting together to allow them to be directly issued combat commands instead of Rumia asking/telling them to do things. This generally happens by... well... fighting alongside them.

Currently the character closest to this status is Wriggle. Daiyousei is actually 2nd as opposed to Mystia. Mostly because you've had to calm Cirno down quite a few times and Daiyousei's 'Battle Command' skill unlocks at a lower XP because of her higher INT stat.]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:04:00 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #382 on: September 12, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »
>How close would we have to be to cover his barrier in a darkness orb?
>Does it seem like an absolute barrier, or something that could be broken with enough firepower?
>Wonder if he's immune to night blindness. Are we immune to Mystia's singing?

>"Tch. A barrier, really? What? Are you coward, or are you just afraid of getting scorch marks on your suit?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #383 on: September 12, 2018, 05:07:08 PM »
// Yesss! I love skill progression in quests
> In a clear spot fire red bullets but stack them as in spawn as many as we can inside of each other, use both hands to spawn more and aim for the source of the barrier (He should only see one bullet but in fact it's many inside of eachother)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #384 on: September 12, 2018, 05:16:09 PM »
>How close would we have to be to cover his barrier in a darkness orb?
>Does it seem like an absolute barrier, or something that could be broken with enough firepower?
>Wonder if he's immune to night blindness. Are we immune to Mystia's singing?

>"Tch. A barrier, really? What? Are you coward, or are you just afraid of getting scorch marks on your suit?"

> You don't know the full size and area of the barrier. However, you could probobly do it quite easily at this range.

> You're unsure. You assume however since Donitia hasn't shown any signs of a barrier while being abused and she's out of magical power, that there is a limit. Be it stamina or durability.

> He does have rather large ears. You're not immune to the Night Blindness, but Mystia's Curse of Night Blindness is a magical curse that is merely delivered via sound; effectively a cone attack.. Mystia simply doesn't direct the magic in her voice in your direction. This is also why she tends to sing looking upwards or downwards at her concerts, so she doesn't accidentally Night-Blind people.

> "We don't take chances in Makai. I don't know how powerful your magic is. So I'm not going to risk it."

> The male from Makai snaps his fingers; and the two magical circles stop fireing; rotate two points of their star design clockwise, and change from white to blue. They then start firing short; random lasers at high speeds. The blasts are faster than the Kunai; but cover a smaller area.

// Yesss! I love skill progression in quests
> In a clear spot fire red bullets but stack them as in spawn as many as we can inside of each other, use both hands to spawn more and aim for the source of the barrier (He should only see one bullet but in fact it's many inside of eachother)

> Just as Mayina is changing his spell; you fire a stream of close up red bullets. You can't stack them within each other, as you can't make stationary danmaku, but you instead stagger the speed, so the first fired one is slower.

> The deamon quickly raises his left hand again in a palm after snapping his fingers to change his shot type, and the barrier forms again. However, this time you actually see it shimmering as it emits from his hand and impacts with your danmaku, a rectangular sheet like glass, that expands outwards, getting larger as it goes further from his palm.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #385 on: September 12, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »
>"Mystia! Maybe we could use something to boost morale, perhaps you'll get a new fan and customer out of it too if he likes it enough!"
>Wink at Mystia, hope she gets the hint, and hover out of her range if we're in her path..

>Will we be at risk of being hit by teammate's spellcards if we're on the same side, or do the spellcard rules have safeguards in the event of team fights?
>Are the rest of our teammates even attacking?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:27:19 PM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #386 on: September 12, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
//edit

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #387 on: September 12, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »
>  Back off from the familiars a bit to give us more time to dodge the faster lasers
> Lets destroy his familiars
> Enter focus mode once we are sure theres nothing directly coming for us
> Fire 6 delayed-spawn lasers, 3 from each hand aim them all at the closest of the two familiars
> Stay in focus mode so we can see our hitbox dodge the spread out lasers by moving small amounts and get graze score

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #388 on: September 12, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »
//I have an idea...
//His barrier looks like a rectangle, meaning it probably won't block attacks from behind.
//I say we could send Kogasa behind him for a surprise point blank spellcard attack while the rest of us keep his attention, though it'll be hard to relay those tactics to our teammates without him hearing.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #389 on: September 12, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
// We can just drain him, he is out of his natural habitat and we can keep taking out his familiars and hitting his barrier, Kogasa is quite bad at surprises without our help and we don't want her getting hit with magical bullets