Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135229 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #270 on: September 08, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »
> "We can help too, should we assist Sanae or search a different area for possible clues?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #271 on: September 08, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
>"Speaking of a different area, is there any place you'd like to go next, Louise?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2018, 05:31:17 PM »
> "We can help too, should we assist Sanae or search a different area for possible clues?"

> "Well; if we're going to help; it would probobly make sense for us to look somewhere Sanae isn't going." Kogasa suggests; actually speaking up loud enough to be heard clearly.

> "Shouldn't we stay together for safety?" Daiyousei comments.

> "If the problem's that large; we should definitely look somewhere else." Wriggle says. "Besides; we may not be that strong alone, but together we should be alright."

>"Speaking of a different area, is there any place you'd like to go next, Louise?"

> "Well; we never looked from the mountain. Perhaps we can even see something from there. Or I can. I'm pretty good at telling where magic is. Comes with living in a world of magic."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2018, 05:37:17 PM »
>Give Kogasa a concerned look.
>Mouth: "what did she do to you?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2018, 07:01:38 PM »
>Give Kogasa a concerned look.
>Mouth: "what did she do to you?"

> Kogasa shakes her head. Sanae is still in the room; after all.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »
>Frown
>Turn back to the others.
>"I think we should look elsewhere as well. She's a shrine maiden, so she can probably handle herself. Besides, I doubt Louise would want to be dragged to a place she isn't interested in seeing."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2018, 07:46:08 PM »
>Frown
>Turn back to the others.
>"I think we should look elsewhere as well. She's a shrine maiden, so she can probably handle herself. Besides, I doubt Louise would want to be dragged to a place she isn't interested in seeing."

> The others agree; except for Daiyousei; who just sighs.

> "Can I just ask one question before we all roll out?" Louise says.

> "Of course." Kanako replies.

> "What is a cat?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »
> Recall if humans commonly have cats as pets
> "A small furry animal that walks on four legs.  In the human village some have them as pets or familiars, so we might see one if we are near it"

> "So let's go find a nice view from the mountain!"
> Head on out

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »
> Recall if humans commonly have cats as pets
> "A small furry animal that walks on four legs.  In the human village some have them as pets or familiars, so we might see one if we are near it"

> "So let's go find a nice view from the mountain!"
> Head on out

> "Horrible things." Mystia says.

> Wriggle makes a cat-pawing motion and goes "Meow."

> "Stop that..." Mystia complains.

> Kogasa wastes no time leaving the shrine. Everyone else follows at their own speed, to find Kogasa a fair amount down the mountain path.

> "So; are we going higher up the mountain; or finding somewhere lower down?" Louise asks. "You are my guides; after all."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
> Were leaving anyway so let's find a nice spot like a cliff a little bit lower than where we are now
> Loud enough for Koga to hear: "Kogasa were going to have a look at the view!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
> Were leaving anyway so let's find a nice spot like a cliff a little bit lower than where we are now
> Loud enough for Koga to hear: "Kogasa were going to have a look at the view!"

> Kogasa notices; and follows you down the mountain.

> You find an outlook towards the majority of Gensokyo. You can even see the Tengu villiage from this location, and the river. Although the Kappa village isn't visible from this angle.

> Louise walks over to the edge of the cliff; and takes out the spectacles again; looking out around Gensokyo.

> "I see a few areas I would like to check out." Louise says after a few moments, turning back around the removing them.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2018, 11:21:21 PM »
turning back around the removing them.
>Clarification requested.

>pull Kogasa aside.
>"So... now that she's not with us... what did that Sanae girl do to you?"
>Concerned look

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2018, 05:37:43 AM »
> "You probably don't know the names of everything, so just point out places you want to see"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2018, 07:32:40 AM »
>Clarification requested.

>pull Kogasa aside.
>"So... now that she's not with us... what did that Sanae girl do to you?"
>Concerned look

> The spectacles.

> While Louise is looking out, you pull Kogasa to the side.

> "I told you; she beat me up. But she just kept smiling during it... like she was there. Reimu is all grouchy and angry. Marisa is usually having fun. She... she just smiles... nothing changes... it's creepy..."

> "You probably don't know the names of everything, so just point out places you want to see"

> Louise first points towards a forested region of Gensokyo with a different type of dominant tree to most of Gensokyo's forests, and covered in a slight, red mist.

> "That area seems to be an area with high ambient magic. I'd like to see how it compares to Makai's." Louise says.

> She then indicates to something almost on the other side of Gensokyo; not too far from the Hakurei Shrine.

> "I also sense some sort of... strange magic around a cave over there."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2018, 07:56:36 AM »
>Do we know of Yuuka?
>>if so: "Yikes... I wonder if she'd get along with a certain sunflower loving youkai..."

>Which area is closer?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
>Do we know of Yuuka?
>>if so: "Yikes... I wonder if she'd get along with a certain sunflower loving youkai..."

>Which area is closer?

> You know of her; but have never met her. Wriggle knows the most about her and claims she's actually very nice, but admits that might have something to do with insects and flowers being connected. Mystia and Cirno have met her once during the Flower incident, and don't like to talk about it. Even Cirno dosen't try and claim she won in that encounter.

> From what you know of Yuuka; she should largely be avoided; is overwhelmingly powerful but dosen't go out of her way to start fights or cause trouble. She just largely stays at the Garden of the Sun. A place very few others dare go. It says something about Yuuka that she effectively has claimed a corner of Gensokyo for her own.

> The Forest of Magic is significantly closer; judging from the directions that Louise was pointing. You can see the Forest, you can't actually see the cave.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »
> Is the Forest of Magic large?  Do parts of it go near the Hakurei Shrine?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »
> Is the Forest of Magic large?  Do parts of it go near the Hakurei Shrine?

> It's one of the smaller forested areas in Gensokyo; although it is still relatively large.

> It's rather far from from the Hakurei Shrine.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2018, 02:50:32 PM »
> "Lets go investigate if anythings up in the Forest of Magic!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2018, 03:58:00 PM »
> "Lets go investigate if anythings up in the Forest of Magic!"

> No-one objects to this idea; so your group start to head in that direction.

> As you start flying towards the Forest of Magic; however, you notice something in the forests around the base of Youkai Mountain. There is a large amount of movement.

> Suddenly; a group of about ten fairies burst out of the woods below you and start firing red danmaku towards you. These fairies are wearing strange black dresses with white hems, and have hair ranging from dark blue to purple. What is strangest is their wings. Unlike most fairies; but like Cirno; they are not directly connected to their bodies. Instead; they have two floating purple crystals.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2018, 04:11:35 PM »
> Stream the aimed danmaku
> "These look different from normal fairies!"
> Is it normal for fairies to provoke youkai like us?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »
> Stream the aimed danmaku
> "These look different from normal fairies!"
> Is it normal for fairies to provoke youkai like us?

> You start to stream the danmaku. And then you realize it's not danmaku, it's actual magical shots. It's a little difficult since the fairies are targeting different people; and there's a few random shots. It's not a hard pattern however, these are still fairies.

> "These are Makai Fairies!" Louise yells. She noticeably isn't being shot at as well.

> It's not unusual.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
>"Wait, really? Let's try not to kill them then, maybe we can interrogate them about the attacks!"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2018, 08:18:53 PM »
> If we are able to shoot a danmaku laser that is weak enough to not harm a nameless fairy do so
> "Louise, don't shoot at them!  You don't know how to create danmaku type shots"
> How can we tell if a shot is magical or danmaku without getting hit?  Is grazing it enough to tell?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »
>"Wait, really? Let's try not to kill them then, maybe we can interrogate them about the attacks!"

> "I'm not sure how much fairies would know..." Wriggle says.

> If we are able to shoot a danmaku laser that is weak enough to not harm a nameless fairy do so
> "Louise, don't shoot at them!  You don't know how to create danmaku type shots"
> How can we tell if a shot is magical or danmaku without getting hit?  Is grazing it enough to tell?

> You stick your hands out in your classic cross position and as you stream the danmaku; you fire a beam at one of the fairies from one of your hands. This causes the fairy to stop shooting for a few moments.

> "You think I'm not able to learn by observation? Little magic tricks like that are simple." Louise says. "Keep fighting; I'm sure I'll figure out what the trick is."

> The energy compsotion. Real shots give off a lot more energy than danmaku. Danmaku are basically just pretty lights that cause some pain [via magic] and at worst bruising in terms of actual harm when hit. Actual magical shots don't magically cause pain, they physically cause it. Of course; nameless fairies are usually weak enough that that can go pitchunn from enough danmaku. But they are fairies and just come back anyway so...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:10:12 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »
>"Well, Wriggle, if they're anything like our fairies, I honestly doubt they were smart enough to cross over from Makai on their own. Logically that would mean someone had to tell them how to do it."
>Keep dodging, fire low power danmaku to minimize the risk of killing them, we need at least one alive.
>"And if this happened by chance, well, fairies are everywhere so at least one of them has have to have seen something of interest."

>"Where's Cirno when you need her? I bet her ice powers would make catching these guys alive much easier..."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2018, 10:11:26 PM »
> Do fairies usually respawn where they got hit or back where their "natural element" is?
> Will declaring a spell card keep them from dying as the Spell Card Rules would take effect for our shots?
> Can we spawn familiars (the magic circles that spawn shots for us)?
> How much damage do we feel like we will take if we get hit by one of their shots?  Some bruising or will we explode into [P]?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
>"Well, Wriggle, if they're anything like our fairies, I honestly doubt they were smart enough to cross over from Makai on their own. Logically that would mean someone had to tell them how to do it."
>Keep dodging, fire low power danmaku to minimize the risk of killing them, we need at least one alive.
>"And if this happened by chance, well, fairies are everywhere so at least one of them has have to have seen something of interest."

>"Where's Cirno when you need her? I bet her ice powers would make catching these guys alive much easier..."

> Wriggle dosen't respond; she instead releases a few firefly familiars which fire danmaku from two angles at once upon one of the fairies.

> You hear Louise go 'Oh' at this sight.

> You shoot some basic shots at the same fairy that you lasered, however this causes it to pitchunn. Oddly; it bursts into a strange cloud of red mist; which lingers in the air.

> "I wonder where Cirno is too..." Daiyousei says. She's launching some arcs of basic kunai-like danmaku. Dai really isn't good at danmaku, she dosen't even have a spellcard. She's above the standard fairy however...

> Do fairies usually respawn where they got hit or back where their "natural element" is?
> Will declaring a spell card keep them from dying as the Spell Card Rules would take effect for our shots?
> Can we spawn familiars (the magic circles that spawn shots for us)?
> How much damage do we feel like we will take if we get hit by one of their shots?  Some bruising or will we explode into [P]?

> They usually 'respawn' in an area which matches their element or nature.

> No. Spellcard rules are designed to allow Youkai and Humans to fight on equal footing... not really fairies. Fairies go poof. Besides; fairies have this habit of refusing to give up. Look at Cirno.

> No

> You're pretty sure you'd be fine taking a shot or two; but you certainly wouldn't want to find out.

> Another fairy emerges from the forest. Except this one is larger. It's dress is primarily white, although it has some black on it. The fairy has black hair; and large; ornate black and red wings. It is also holding some sort of flower. The flower is mostly black; including the very small petals. However, the interior of the head of the flower is crimson. And there's two flowers on the plant's stalk.

> This fairy; which you can only assume is Makai's answer for a Sunflower Fairy; hasn't begin shooting yet; let's just slowly flying towards you.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:30:51 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:10 PM »
> Try to trap them by spawning two weak lasers and have them close in slowly (Moonlight Ray style), interrupt the laser and move it outwards if one gets hit, so they don't go pitchunn from the constant fire
> "Lets encircle them!  Someone try and fly around behind them"  Say this in a lower tone so the Makai Sunflower Fairy doesn't hear
> "Hey you, holding the flower!  Tell your friends to stop attacking us and we will stop shooting"
> Keep an eye out for stray bullets and graze accordingly

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2018, 10:51:05 PM »
> Try to trap them by spawning two weak lasers and have them close in slowly (Moonlight Ray style), interrupt the laser and move it outwards if one gets hit, so they don't go pitchunn from the constant fire
> "Lets encircle them!  Someone try and fly around behind them"  Say this in a lower tone so the Makai Sunflower Fairy doesn't hear
> "Hey you, holding the flower!  Tell your friends to stop attacking us and we will stop shooting"
> Keep an eye out for stray bullets and graze accordingly

> You try to box in the fairies using lasers from each side. Unfortunately; this is a 3-dimensional area and even fairies know how to fly up and down...

> Kogasa hears you; and flies above the fairies and holds up a spellcard, activateing it and entering a spell trance. "Umbrella Sign "Lightly Falling Large Raindrops"

> Kogasa starts to spin her umbrella; and blue raindrop-like danmaku starts showering down upon the fairies, making it difficult for them to really escape. You haven't managed to catch all the fairies; and Kogasa manages to actually hit two of the ones you do catch; causing them to poof into mist. Still; you've caught four of them; who after the unlucky two got poofed have the room to dodge Kogasa's spellcard but not really much else.

> Of the remaining three, Mystia and Wriggle manage to catch one using their familiars and trails of danmaku to cage it in, while they poofed another, and Dai won her fight with the fairy she was fighting and caused it to turn into red mist as well.

> All the defeated fairies have turned into clouds of floating red mist.

> The sunflower fairy stops approaching. She then swings her flower and unleashes a dense arc of arrow-head like bullets. Even at the distance you are at; the barrage is pretty thick.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 10:52:43 PM by Raikaria »