Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning  (Read 135273 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest Revival - A New Beginning
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
>"Well if she tries anything, just know that I'll have your back."
>Smile.

>Allow Louise to explain if she decides to do so.

> Kogasa dosen't seem reassured.

> "I'm not an Alien... unless you mean foreigner. I come from the Western Wonderland... I'm a tourist..."

> Suddenly the Miko looks serious.

> "That's strange. You look Western, but you said you have a Goddess. Last time I checked, the religions of the West have a single all-powerful God. A Male. And the ancient religions that predate those modern ones are Polytheistic. More than one God."

> The Miko smirks.

> "That lie might work on most of the inhabitants of Gensokyo, but it won't work on me. Now then Alien; how about you tell me the truth?"

> Louise seems flustered.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:21:32 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2018, 11:22:35 PM »
> Don't pressure Louise
> "Are you not a foreigner too, Sanae?  Say why don't we head inside and talk this over before we all freeze out here, I can tell you're interested"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »
> Don't pressure Louise
> "Are you not a foreigner too, Sanae?  Say why don't we head inside and talk this over before we all freeze out here, I can tell you're interested"

> You are not aware of the Miko's name; and stagger there; but Kogasa says "Sanae" quietly to fill it in.

> Sanae looks confused.

> "I mean; technically I'm not. I am from Japan. Even if I come from the Outside. But yes; it's better if we go inside."

> The Miko flies towards the Shrine.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2018, 05:55:23 PM »
>Head in, unless anyone objects, keep our waifu Kogasa close.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »
>Head in, unless anyone objects, keep our waifu Kogasa close.

> The 'Routes' feature is locked currently. It appears to say 'Unlocked after meeting all non-hidden routes'.

> No-one objects, and you follow Sanae inside the shrine.

> Louise dosen't start to burn entering this holy ground. Which is an improvement, although she does seem a little... uncomfortable.

> The interior of the shrine is much as you would expect. There are a few scrolls; a table, some cushions around it, a place clearly dedicated to prayer...

> There is also a woman who is looking right at Louise with interest. Something about this woman feels... intimidating. It's similar to the same thing that felt off with Sanae, but much, much stronger. The woman has blue hair coming down to about the level of her chin, and is wearing a light red shirt and a dark-red skirt. She is also wearing a mirror... for some reason. And a large ring of rope behind her.

> "Lady Kanako, this interesting group were flying up the mountain outside the Shrine." Sanae says.

> "So you brought them here to give their faith to me?" Kanako says.

> "Well... I also wanted to talk to them. The blonde in the white dress is some sort of alien."

> Kanako sighs.

> "I guess in a very stretched term you could consider her one. Although this is no being from outer space, Sanae. This being is Extradimensional instead. If you think you can hide what you are from a Goddess, you are severely underestimating the Gods of this realm."

> Louise suddenly looks very worried, while Sanae's eyes go wide in wonder.

> Kanako stops staring directly at Louise, shifting her gaze just enough to look at you and the others. However, she is still keeping Louise in her field of view.

> "Do you Youkai even know what you are in the company of?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2018, 08:52:17 PM »
>"Well, not really, but to be honest it doesn't really matter what she is to be honest. She's just a tourist who wanted to look at Gensokyo, and we're showing her around and protecting her from that weird thing that's attacking people."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2018, 09:00:10 PM »
>"Well, not really, but to be honest it doesn't really matter what she is to be honest. She's just a tourist who wanted to look at Gensokyo, and we're showing her around and protecting her from that weird thing that's attacking people."

> "She is one of those figures; she dosen't need protection from them." Kanako explains. "The figures attacking people are beings from Makai attempting to; but failing to breach the Great Hakurei Barrier. This one got through. This 'tourist' is a daemon."

> She looks directly at Louise.

> "The Unholy stench of Makai's Maisma is all over her."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
>"So what if she's a demon? If the thing attacking people is from where she's from, then she's definitely not that one. Unlike them she wasn't aggressive at all, and she looks nothing like the attacker. Mystia was one of the people attacked, so she can vouch for Louise's innocence if she wants."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
//edit

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2018, 09:44:06 PM »
>"So what if she's a demon? If the thing attacking people is from where she's from, then she's definitely not that one. Unlike them she wasn't aggressive at all, and she looks nothing like the attacker. Mystia was one of the people attacked, so she can vouch for Louise's innocence if she wants."

> Kanako smirks.

> "If I considered her a threat I would have had Sanae exterminate her as soon as she entered the room. The fact she chose to follow into the shrine of a Goddess instead of flee shows that much." Kanako says. "The point is what her being here means. If she got through; the other; violent ones can as well."

> Kanako looks at Louise. "Although I doubt her claims to be here as a tourist are completely honest."

> "No no, I wanted to visit Gensokyo for years. Even back when the Makai Gateway was opened such a long time ago. I love seeing different places."

> "Then you shouldn't have a problem opening the suitcase to show us what you're carrying." Sanae challenges.

> "That's... not a good idea... that suitcase is magical and linked to a dimensional pocket. Everything that enters it shrinks. If I open it fully, everything inside will grow to it's regular size again."

> Louise pulls the mirror out of the suitcase, and puts it back in; demonstrating it growing and shrinking as she does so.

> This fascinates Sanae.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »
// Had a little slip up with Sanae's name sorry about that, my reasoning was that I thought we had heard about Sanae&co causing the MoF incident by now and them being foreigners from outside
> As a Youkai do we feel anything from being inside a holy area?  How about the hair ribbon?
> "So there are other violent beings in Makai?"  Look at both Louise and Kanako while saying this
> "I mean fighting isn't bad I guess? We're Youkai after all..."  Look at our party while saying the last bit "But the spellcard rules have to be followed and apparently Makai doesn't use the spell card system" And yes feel a tiny bit proud while saying this for being the first person to use the system

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #251 on: September 06, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »
// Had a little slip up with Sanae's name sorry about that, my reasoning was that I thought we had heard about Sanae&co causing the MoF incident by now and them being foreigners from outside
> As a Youkai do we feel anything from being inside a holy area?  How about the hair ribbon?
> "So there are other violent beings in Makai?"  Look at both Louise and Kanako while saying this
> "I mean fighting isn't bad I guess? We're Youkai after all..."  Look at our party while saying the last bit "But the spellcard rules have to be followed and apparently Makai doesn't use the spell card system" And yes feel a tiny bit proud while saying this for being the first person to use the system

[Aya did cover the incident, but never really went into details since she was involved. Besides; that was years ago. Rumia's memory isn't that good.]

> It feels different to the Hakurei Shrine; where you feel nothing. You feel... slightly tingly. The ribbon is normal.

> "There are violent beings everywhere." Louise says. "Although... there may be more of them than normal in Makai. Makai is a world of primal; raw magic. And as such many of the beings who inhabit it are similar."

> "Most would claim Makai is filled with wicked and corrupt magic and most of the beings there are the same." Kanako says. "But just because the majority are dosen't mean everyone is. Reimu is a lazy; destitute Miko who cannot even collect enough faith for her own Goddess. That dosen't mean Sanae is incompetent."

> Sanae is glowing with praise.

> Kanako pauses to think for a few moments, before standing up.

> "I feel like I should discuss these recent developments with her. We may need to shift our priorities."

> "You mean I might go and investigate the incident?" Sanae says excitedly.

> "Perhaps. If it wasn't for this daemon managing to actually breach the barrier then we'd continue with our designs. However, if things are worsening we may be able to collect more faith by diverting you to the incident." Kanako says; before she leaves the shrine via a back door.

> Once Kanako leaves the room; Sanae looks excited and speaks in a similar manner.

> "So; any interesting powers? What sort of things can an extra-dimensional daemon do? What do the others want? What's this 'absolute goddess' like?" Sanae asks quickly one after another before Louise can even get a word in edgeways.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #252 on: September 06, 2018, 10:05:21 PM »
> "Oh, Kanako left before we had a chance to tell her Reimu is already investigating"
> "One at a time Sanae..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #253 on: September 06, 2018, 10:28:41 PM »
> "Oh, Kanako left before we had a chance to tell her Reimu is already investigating"
> "One at a time Sanae..."

> "That's normal. It's a good thing however." Sanae says happily. "More people trying to fix this makes it more likely someone will find the cause."

> Louise simply pulls the mirror out of her suitcase, and animates it again. This fascinates the Miko.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2018, 03:51:55 AM »
// To other players:  I'm not really sure if Louise wants us investigating since she is from Makai but as a gensokyan I think we should agree with Sanae
> "They might run in to each other on Stage 4!"
> "Well maybe we can investigate too, Sanae?  Like you say the more the merrier!  Surely somethings changed that allows people to cross the border from Makai."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2018, 04:15:15 AM »
>"Well, probably, after we finish helping Louise of course..."
>"Say, Louise. Speaking of Makai, I'm honestly curious about something... Didn't you say that my name was shared with someone in a myth or folk tale where you came from?"

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2018, 05:30:59 PM »
// You are right Evil_Nazgul0616, I didn't notice this but Louise did seem to take look at us almost like she recognized us before we said our name and said something about our name being a name from folktales, but Rumia does not exist in PC-98 canon which makes me a little suspicious of Louise...

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
//Not everything in a quest has to adhere to canon. And lots of quests make the PC-98 Canon the past of the Windows Canon. The QM has the freedom to fill in any gaps with their own headcanons.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #258 on: September 07, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »
// To other players:  I'm not really sure if Louise wants us investigating since she is from Makai but as a gensokyan I think we should agree with Sanae
> "They might run in to each other on Stage 4!"
> "Well maybe we can investigate too, Sanae?  Like you say the more the merrier!  Surely somethings changed that allows people to cross the border from Makai."

>"Well, probably, after we finish helping Louise of course..."
>"Say, Louise. Speaking of Makai, I'm honestly curious about something... Didn't you say that my name was shared with someone in a myth or folk tale where you came from?"

> "I don't see a reason why you guys can't investigate an incident. Honestly; I'm not sure why more youkai don't take action in these situations. I mean; Aya sometimes gets involved... but that was only because the Tengu village itself was effected."

> Louise seems a little surprised by the question presented to her.

> "It's either your name or something very similar to it." she says. "It's probobly a co-incidence. The being in that story was far more powerful than you are. Strong enough that Lady Shinki had to take action to save Makai. It's just a story told to help people understand how powerful and great Lady Shinki is."

> "Yes; like people back in Suwa claimed Lady Suwako was the only one able to control the Mishaguji; which would otherwise bring curses upon the people." Sanae explains. "And this is why people worshipped Lady Suwako."

> "Lady Suwako?" Mystia asks.

> "I'm sure I've heard Cirno mention that name before..." Daiyousei remarks.

> "She's the other god at this shrine, although she's a little shy, and prefers Kanako to deal with the people upfront." Sanae explains. "Lady Kanako went to speak with her."

// You are right Evil_Nazgul0616, I didn't notice this but Louise did seem to take look at us almost like she recognized us before we said our name and said something about our name being a name from folktales, but Rumia does not exist in PC-98 canon which makes me a little suspicious of Louise...

// It makes sense that Rumia *existed* during the timeframe. Hell; we know Cirno existed during it since she's at least 60 [PofV]. Also just gonna point out we've had more things suggest PC-98 is canon in the games themselves than otherwise. [Such as Alice recognizing Reimu in PCB and getting annoyed when she didn't remember her; the reactions in UFO when they found out they were headed for Makai; Yuuka greeting Reimu with 'Long Time no See' in PofV and even commenting Marisa has grown up...]

I'm not going to comment on how you should be reacting to situations I put before you. That's the point of the game; just as it is my job to react to your reactions.

About the furthest I might step in is if something you say to do is going to have very severe repercussions. Mostly a sort of 'Are you sure?'. And usually because it's a dangerous/stupid thing to do. Like; if you were to suddenly decide to try and eat Sanae in her own shrine and thus get wrecked by Sanae; Kanako and Suwako level of dumb. Because I'm fairly sure you guys don't want this to end with 'You Died'.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:08:12 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #259 on: September 07, 2018, 06:08:23 PM »
>"Would you mind telling me more? What did this being do? Why was it so powerful? How did Shinki stop it?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #260 on: September 07, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »
>"Would you mind telling me more? What did this being do? Why was it so powerful? How did Shinki stop it?"

> Louise looks a little unsure. "I told you that you probobly wouldn't want to hear about it. It's a folk story about Makai, a place you have no idea about... but since we're talking about Gods here and we're waiting for that... Kanako to come back; I guess I can entertain you."

> Louise opens her suitcase and rummages around; before she pulls out a pair of spectacles and puts them on, and then pulls out a very musty-looking book. The book seems ancient, any color on the cover long faded, and the words upon it written in a language that you've never even seen, let alone are able to read.

> Weirdly; Louise's eyes stay closed even with her spectacles on.

> "In the early times of Makai; the Goddess was still testing the limits of her abilities. After all; she had yet to discover they were boundless. In those days; the Great Lady would partake in what many people of Makai do in honor of her; animation. Except Shinki's abilities far exceeded what any denizin of Makai was able to do, as she could use her abilities to breathe true life into anything. Not mere familiars; actual living, breathing, sentient beings." Louise explained, looking at Kogasa. "Not unlike that umbrella there. Except far beyond that."

> "Shinki started by createing beings out of various things, these primal beings were made of the very essences of Makai, unlike the later beings. Many of them lived out their lives peacefully, or even returned to their element. One, however, did not come out as planned. The exact reason for her disposition was unknown, except perhaps to the Goddess herself. But one of these primal creations became bitter as more and more was created. More beings that worshiped the Lady. This bitterness turned into envy; which turned into hatred."

> "This was the being of the light..." Louise slightly opens her eyes, before she turns the book and shows that this page is damaged. She clicks her fingers and the words translate. The name of the being is lost in part to the tattered; aged page. But it does say 'mia' as the being's name.

> "I'm afraid that's the only time the tale calls the being by it's name." Louise says. "Just like it keeps calling Shinki 'Goddess' and 'Lady'. Regardless; the being tried to increase it's own power by turning Makai dark. Some claimed it was absorbing the light to increase it's own power; others claim it became stronger the darker the world was. As it did this; it viciously attacked and killed anyone it found; hoping that reducing the worshippers of the Lady would reduce her power in turn."

> "Until this point; Lady Shinki had kept a strict code not to interfere in the lives of her creations directly. Not to harm, not to kill. Not to toy with their emotions. The goddess sees all in Makai as her children, but seeing this rampage, seeing her children be killed and unable to stop this fiend... she eventually had to act directly. She descended from Pandemonium and appeared before the fiend. She tried to reason with it at first, but it just attacked her with blasts of light, to no avail. It struck physically; but Shinki did not get harmed, or strike back. Then it began to attack everything around in rage. If it couldn't kill the Goddess; it would kill all she loved."

> "Yet the Lady got in the way time and again; blocking the attempts to destroy. This went on for days; the Lady's face tearful every time she got in the way of her creation. But the fiend's rage and hate did not subside. She did not stop despite the futility. It reached the point when the enemy threatened to decimate Makai using every part of it's power, destroying itself in the process. But Lady Shinki would not allow her child to kill herself either. Even if it meant never seeing her again. Even if it meant breaking one of her taboos. Lady Shinki decided no-one would die; so she would give the being a new life. The being was banished from Makai. Without Makai's energies; it's monstrous power would fade, and it wouldn't harm anyone wherever it ended up. This was the mercy of Lady Shinki, the Creator Goddess."

> Louise turns the book around again to show an illustration of the back of a six-winged figure in a red dress, with silver hair. She appears to be casting an incredible magical spell around what looks like a star in the night sky. The illustration itself shimmers; magically enhanced. It looks like it's made of stained glass [Not that you know what that is]; despite just being on paper.

> Louise closes the book and sighs. "Everyone in Makai owes their lives to Lady Shinki, and even if one strays, she is merciful. Even to one as wicked at that primal being. That's the point of the story; to teach people how wonderful Lady Shinki is."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:08:44 PM by Raikaria »

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #261 on: September 07, 2018, 08:13:49 PM »
>"She sounds like a nice person..."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #262 on: September 07, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »
>"She sounds like a nice person..."

> "Of course she is. Shinki is mother to everyone in Makai. Even those who come from other places to live there are treated as her adopted children."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #263 on: September 07, 2018, 09:21:39 PM »
>"So she's pretty much a supermom."
>Have we ever had a mother figure in our life?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2018, 09:29:59 PM »
>"So she's pretty much a supermom."
>Have we ever had a mother figure in our life?

> "That is an understatement." Louise says.

> "It does sound like an interesting place; but none of that story explains why beings from Makai are attempting to enter Gensokyo and are attacking people." Sanae muses.

> "I never said it would explain that." Louise states simply.

> You have never had anything resembleing a mother or a mother figure. Or a father for that matter. Or a sister; brother; or any family at all.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #265 on: September 07, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »
>"Well if the goddess over there has a 'don't interfere with my children' policy like that tale said I guess we can assume that she's not the one behind it. Maybe its some kind of radical faction over there?"
>"So what's it like having a mother figure, by the way? I've never had one myself."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #266 on: September 07, 2018, 10:18:55 PM »
>"Well if the goddess over there has a 'don't interfere with my children' policy like that tale said I guess we can assume that she's not the one behind it. Maybe its some kind of radical faction over there?"
>"So what's it like having a mother figure, by the way? I've never had one myself."

> "Perhaps. Very few people actually know Lady Shinki's designs. I'm not sure what's going on. I just saw that the barrier was weak and took my chance to do what I didn't get to do before." Louise explains.

> The woman looks a little taken aback.

> "That's... difficult to explain. Lady Shinki is the ideal we strive for. It's why so many denizens of Makai practice powerful magics; and why so many of us specialize in animation magic. She is the creator, so we want to create as well. To be honest; I can't imagine what it's like to not have someone like Shinki."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2018, 12:13:31 AM »
> "So if Shinki is out, we don't really have a culprit right now.  But the barrier being weak could be due to something on either side, it could be something  weakening it from Makai or the border could be weak due to something here.  Like Sanae said as Youkai we can investigate too!"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2018, 12:30:49 AM »
>Do we know of Alice, the puppeteer that lives in the forest of magic?
>>If so:
>>"Animation magic? Is that like the stuff that Alice girl in the forest does with dolls, or is that something completely different?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #269 on: September 08, 2018, 10:17:46 AM »
> "So if Shinki is out, we don't really have a culprit right now.  But the barrier being weak could be due to something on either side, it could be something  weakening it from Makai or the border could be weak due to something here.  Like Sanae said as Youkai we can investigate too!"

> "I mean, if it's something to do with the barrier itself; isn't it best if Reimu handles it?" Mystia asks.

> "Yes; but if there is something wrong with the barrier everyone's in danger; right?" Wriggle comments.

> "I don't get why this barrier is so significant." Louise says.

> "The Barrier seperates Gensokyo from the rest of this world." Sanae explains. "The outside world is almost devoid of Faith and Magic. Gensokyo is like a sanctuary for Youkai. Without the barrier... most youkai would die; and even those who could survive in the outside world would live lives of constant danger and risk."

> Louise simply tilts her head to the side a little and goes 'hmm'.
>Do we know of Alice, the puppeteer that lives in the forest of magic?
>>If so:
>>"Animation magic? Is that like the stuff that Alice girl in the forest does with dolls, or is that something completely different?"

> You do not know Alice. Mystia and Wriggle have mentioned a blonde-haired puppeteer who attacked them alongside Marisa once, but puppetry isn't animation. It's not even magic. It's just strings.

> At this point; Kanako re-enters the shrine.

> "Sanae; go and investigate what's going on. If there really is an issue with the Barrier; it's our top priority. We can't get faith from the inhabitants of the mountain if the Barrier fails." Kanako says. "This is now your top priority."

> Sanae jumps up. "Alright Lady Kanako; any ideas on where I should investigate first?"

> "I hear there is a village nestled in the mountain range that is over-run with cats. It's near the barrier itself. It may be a good place to look for clues about that." Kanako says. "Beyond that; just keep an eye out for more of these phantoms. User your intuition on what to do with them."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 10:24:38 AM by Raikaria »