Author Topic: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.  (Read 52356 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Pass that Proposal - Let's Politics!
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2011, 02:19:11 AM »
I only see pesco vote once, did he use alt accounts? If so, all votes made by Pesco will be voided.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2011, 02:31:48 AM »
Unesco is his hydra with UK from eons back.
We will rig this election right back! >:(

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2011, 02:38:47 AM »
Peskkuri's Origin
Unesco is the godmother of all Mafia hydras, from back before we streamlined the process with quicktopics. It's a combination of UncertainKitten (Who has yet to post in this thread) and Pesco.

Bardiche

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2011, 02:43:18 AM »
Dormio: 7
Zakeri: 5

Well then!

« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »
Politics without bribery? Nonsense.

I'll vote whoever can show me proof that they own a slinky.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2011, 05:18:14 AM »
I haven't gotten my bribes yet.  You're all getting a NAY!

##Vote: Zakeri

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2011, 06:33:59 AM »
You guys suck. What's an election without ghost voters?

Bardiche

« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2011, 07:10:25 AM »
You guys suck. What's an election without ghost voters?

An honest and fair election that best represents the opinion of its constituency?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:43 AM »
These people have agendas. How is that honest in any way if it's not being clearly shown?

Fair is for the naive. This is politics. grow a damn pair!

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
The Sun gets its energy through nuclear fusion correct?  Then...  If Dormio nukes the Sun he may prolong it's life cycle, thus saving the Earth in five billion years as the extra energy from the nukes would provide it with more energy and thus it would have to burn even more because of the fuel supplied by the nukes!  This means he'd be prolonging humanity's survival as a whole! [/flawless logic]

Oh, you're right. LONG LIVE THE NUKES!!!

But..., don't start a nuclear war. We can go with this whole nuke thing if you made a nuke which has no radiation effect and has small area of effect. Then Nukes are pretty much that useful.

We can get rid of dangerous criminals with nukes.
We can suppress the people who threaten our nation with nukes.
Even though not everything can be solved with nukes, it's the best for the safety of our nation ~

Bardiche

« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
With 7-6, Dormio wins! Dormio is President! Zakeri is Vice President!

Dormio, please PM me with the posts you want everyone to have! Zakeri cannot be given a post as he defaults to Vice President.

Momijibot
ActionDan
PX
LAMBDA

Remember, ASSERT: to assert something and, if the outcome and your assertion match, gain a point! If they don't match, lose one!

A useful list of positions for you to pick from, one per person:

Secretary of Defence
Secretary of Commerce
Secretary of Agriculture
Attorney General
Secretary of the Interior
Secretary of Labor
Secretary of State
Secretary of the Treasury
Chief of Staff
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:27:45 PM by Bardiche »

Bardiche

« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
All PMs sent! Reply to me with your agenda pick(s). Your positions may be declared openly as I feel necessary, they're not secrets. Hydras are responsible for managing the hydra themselves, I'm not going to bother with that. This includes PMs etc. I'm only PMing the head. 8D

Without further ado, the very first issue!

Hydras. They've existed for a long time, and most everyone was fine with it. Its only vocal opposition came from Bardiche, who means nothing in the grand scheme of things. And so Kaleidoscopedia has lived in relative peace and calm. Things have tuckered on and went on without problem, and as President you've never really had to face the issue of hydras.

Until now.

At the recent elections, one Pesco engaged in what the media calls "hydralic voting", where he uses multiple 'heads' to all vote for the same thing. You know Pesco voted you, which is... problematic - the media might relate it to you.

They're not talking about that right now, though, but rather bring up the issue of hydras, and whether they should be permitted to be used in Kaleidoscopedia. A vocal group called "Down With Hydra!" has appeared on the news, stating they'll throw the entiriety of Kaleidoscopedia into chaos if hydras are not immediately banned.

The Cirno Bureau of The Strongest (CBTS) has begun investigating how many people are in this group anyway, and if they pose a threat. It'll take a while for results, however.

You have 48 hours before a decision must be made! Developments in the situation will arise on a when-available basis!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Let's Politics! - Issue 1: Hydras. I -hate- Hydras.
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
Hydras.
They encourage cooperation. Trust. A sense of connection between your fellow man.
It sounds great, doesn't it?
But that couldn't be further from the truth.
A hydra is like a cancer.
When one attempts to kill it, it will only come back.
Therefore, we must strike down the hydras now, while we still have a chance.
I propose that we nuke the living hell out of any and all hydras.
I will now give you time to squabble amongst yourselves.

However, this group that is dissatisfied with hydras, the one that threatens Kaleidoscopedia if hydras are not removed.
They are also a threat.
I believe that they should be nuked as well.
Discuss.

« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
I would say that it's not Hydra that are the problem, but the people who voice concern against them.
What exactly do Hydras do besides increase player efficiency?
The issue is being blown out of proportion. Unless one can provide reasoning for the ban on Hydras, I see no reason to make such a movement.

Edit: please, Dormio, take your position seriously. No more of using those empty words as if you're speaking to the idiot masses. How exactly are Hydras like Cancer? And if Hydras will "Only come back when you kill them" then how would killing them work in the first place?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 02:27:50 PM by WHMZakeri »

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2011, 03:37:47 PM »
Good morning, Mr. President and Mr. Vice-President.
Can we afford to nuke all the hydras in their homes? Why not round them up into a confined area and then nuke them?

As your election campaign was based on nuclear action and anti-hydra activity, I currently support your line of thought.

You offered the public nuclear action-as much as I fear the consequences, the public wants what the public wants.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:24:48 PM by Momijibot »

Bardiche

« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
As time passes, the situation becomes more clear. The media have beg reporting more pointedly, although this isn't entirely in your favour - they've begun linking the incident to your campaign. Some of the media even suggest that you set Pesco up to do it in order to gain an unfair advantage on your rival Zakeri, which was only halted due to Zakeri's timely interference.

Meanwhile, CBTS reports they've located the group that claims they want to plunge the forums into chaos if their demands are not met. There are five hotspots they gather in, all in the same city, conveniently. Nuking the hell out of them is a possibility, but it'd probably take the entire city along with it.

Of course, before you nuke the hell out of anything, you should probably think of what to do about the press, and all, before this situation gets out of hand. You have four possibilities.

1) Release a press statement condemning Pesco. If your official policy is that Pesco was one Bad Dude, people probably won't link his actions to you anymore. Well, maybe, it just could be.
2) Chide the press for their foolish assumptions. You? Coaching Pesco? You couldn't even coach a team of high school girls playing basketball if your life depended on it! What foolish lies.
3) No statement. NO STATEMENT AT ALL PEOPLE! Walking the path of true neutrality.
4) Confirm the suspicions. So you did set Pesco up for it. Problem?

The press expect your statement in 24 hours, so think hard on the matter.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:26 PM »
Mr. President, I believe you should just confirm the suspicions. What do they care about how you campaign went? Even after the Hydra was shot down, you still won the vote the good old fashion way. No, the Hydras are all siding against you. Who cares if they have a problem? Just send in a few guys to teach the a lesson, military style. If worst comes to worst, you can always nuke them.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
This is a message from the Terror Organization With Nuts. The voting outcome was just a glimpse of our influence. TOWN has a few very reasonable demands of you people. Deliver on them and everyone wins with TOWN. If you resist, you will be Lynched.

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2011, 04:55:32 PM »
Mr. President, I believe you should just confirm the suspicions. What do they care about how you campaign went? Even after the Hydra was shot down, you still won the vote the good old fashion way. No, the Hydras are all siding against you. Who cares if they have a problem? Just send in a few guys to teach the a lesson, military style. If worst comes to worst, you can always nuke them.
I am inclined to agree with my learned colleague-while I would hold off against nukes which destroy the entire city, this is the Dormioship. Right now, it does not compromise, does not bow down, does not care what the world thinks. Besides, Hydras are a minority which the majority do not understand, as far as I know-the majority of your support would remain intact after this, apart from a few hydra-sympathizers.

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2011, 05:10:10 PM »
Hydras are not the enemy.
more importantly, hydras were not what caused the election slide. True, an old Hydra account was used, by hydras were not directly involved in the voting process what-so-ever.
I believe we should Condemn Pesco's actions. He himself has released a statement against the government. He, and his Terror Organization (with nuts) are the enemy, not the hydras.

That said, i do have a peaceful, easy solution to reduce Hydra activity should it come to this. I do not believe any military action, much less such a drastic one as nuclear radiation would be needed.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2011, 05:26:39 PM »
Zakeri does not want to win with TOWN. Lynch the scum!!

Bardiche

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2011, 05:47:06 PM »
Pesco stop voting here. :V

Stop POSTING here, too.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2011, 05:50:36 PM »
Lookit dis oppression!

Bardiche

« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Royal Oppression, 800 LP to deny special summons, now GTFO. :P

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »
Thread lock.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21:38 PM »
Peskkuri's Origin
Unesco is the godmother of all Mafia hydras, from back before we streamlined the process with quicktopics. It's a combination of UncertainKitten (Who has yet to post in this thread) and Pesco.

Heh, we were the first MotK hydra, weren't we? WE ALSO GOT LYNCHED D1! IT WAS AWESOME!

Also, what's goin on here?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM »
Mr. President, the recent rancour over citizen Hydras is pure nonsense.  Sure, one so called "Pesco" has tampered with the official vote tally, but really, many members of our nation's far-right and far-left, and far-up, and far-down constituencies have been accused and convicted of the exact same offense!  This story has only served to embolden such nefarious groups as the "Down with Hydra!", infamous for their petty hate crimes against Hydras, as well as the reactionary TOWN, self-proclaimed vigilantes who want to take the law into their own hands.  So where does this leave upstanding Hydras?  Ordinary town folk?  It leaves their stories untold, and their exploits meaningless.  Why aren't we talking about real issues like our slumping economy, our poor health care services, or our obscene levels of industrial waste?  These are what our citizens, and nay, the world want answers to.  These are the issues that deserve the most attention.  Why is the press focused on fringe issues when they could instead focus on your presidential social programs that hopefully will do this country and it's denizens a lot of good.

Therefore I suggest you chide the press for their petty concerns and denounce the accusations against you as ridiculous and unrelated to what you stand for: The real issues.

Edit: Quick UK, Hydra with LLD, and support Hydras!

Don't lynch me.

ActionDan

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
About Nukes:

I Assert: we should not use them.  At least not at this juncture.  We are not just under threat from the small underfunded and pitiful existances known as "Down with Hydra!" and TOWN (whose members I might add have been reportedly described as underwhelming in Bed), but from global scrutiny caused by the last president's inclination for violating various international non-proliferation treaties, toxic waste and high levels of free radicals deemed lethal to children under the age of three, and a death rate that greatly exceeds the current birthrate, a problem further exasperated by rampant emigration.   The use of nukes would further aggravate these national issues and potentially deal a death blow to our fair nation.  The Dormio we know would not so easily doom his nation to oblivion.  This cabinet member (and his talking head) will not betray our great leader, but compromises must be made, for the sake of us all!  I would support my colleague's entreaties to use force in the form of armed personal (and not nukes) to deal with the fringe groups.  Condemning Pesco on the spot would only show a precieved weakness, and would seem like blantent catering to the whims of the media, whose talking heads make less sense than my own Hydra!  I will stand by you no matter what others say.  In return, I only ask that you continue to further a rational national agenda (again without nukes).   

Don't lynch me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
A world without nukes? Are you mad?
But that is an issue for tomorrow, though Momijibot offers a nice suggestion in regards to dealing with the hydras.
What say you about rounding up the hydras and destroying them in one action?

Regarding the press statement, I did not ask Pesco to rig ghost votes for me.
However, this does not mean that I believe that Pesco's actions were wrong.
Pesco did what he thought was right for our country, which was to place me in a position of leadership.
He used some underhanded methods to try to assure this, and the masses are trying to frown upon this.
I ask you, why is this wrong?
Why should Pesco not use every advantage he has in trying to do what he believes is right for the country?
Therefore, I am planning to chide the press, for their foolish beliefs that everyone should be forced down to the level of the lowest common denominator so that the people on the bottom rung may have a chance.
This "equality" that the press seems to be so hung up on is rather similar to a communist viewpoint on the value of humans.
Babble about my words amongst yourselves.

ActionDan

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2011, 11:42:05 PM »
We can't say we are a fan of assassinations and preventable slaughter, but we will nevertheless support this action against our better judgement as part of our agreement to compromise, on two conditions.

1.  We don't use nukes.  They do have a purpose, as a symbol of power, and as a deterrent against foreign invasion, but they can do little to halt rouge terrorist factions (which would probably rejoice if we were to use nukes anyway).
2.  It is done covertly, by trained operatives, that kill and clean up after.  The media, and any other thrid party, need not see the blood and gore nor realize who or what was responsible (although the more sadistic of us should be free to pass some photos around the office).

Don't lynch me.