Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition  (Read 200700 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments 15 - Virtue of Win God Edition
« Reply #960 on: May 27, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »
Just a minor accomplishment, i managed just one death in stage 5 UFO Lunatic.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #961 on: May 27, 2012, 07:08:17 PM »
Fuck yes! I have now perfected all of the Windows Extra stages. Difficulty order in my opinion was Mamizou>Mokou>Koishi>Nue>Ran>Suwako>Flandre>Yukari.

I don't see Marisa in there...  :V

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #962 on: May 27, 2012, 07:08:35 PM »
Not impressive by any means but I finally got a 1cc on TD Hard. I had 2 friends watching me and it made the moment that much sweeter, they were as excited as I was (If that's possible). It is hard to get my friends into Touhou but they seem to enjoy watching me play so that's fine by me, although it does make me a little more nervous.

I knew I had it going into Miko's last spell with 2 bombs/no lives and started visibly shaking according to them. Of  course I bombed the last spell out, wasn't going to take any chances. My voice is a little horse from all the yelling and celebrating.

Now time for TD extra to go down. Onward forward!!

« Reply #963 on: May 27, 2012, 08:34:12 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21458

1st Imperishable Night Hard 1CC. I really didn't practice hard for this or anything, I just decided to do it one day and this was my first try. So for Stage 3 and 4 you can really tell I had no idea what I was doing. And yet, somehow, I still won. Compared to EoSD, where I know the entire game rather well and I still had to try quite a few times to 1CC hard, IN is so much easier.

This was a few days ago, though, and I've been practicing IN stage 3 since then. I feel I know it pretty well now. Now I just need to learn Stage 4 and IN will be the second game I feel "satisfied" with in terms of knowing the game well.

« Reply #965 on: May 27, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
 :dragonforce:

Ten Desires 1cc'd on Lunatic! This ended up being a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I managed to get a good trance/no-death plan for the first three stages and began improvising once I started dying. Although I messed up a few simpler things (dying on Seiga's mid-card, not collecting enough spirits to trance the fairies at the end of Stage 5...), I still captured a few cards. Pretty happy with the final battle too, which I entered at 2/2. In the end I had just enough bomb fragments for one more bomb, which goes to show that every last 1/8 of a bomb counts in this game.

Thanks (again) to Zil for his advice in the help topic. I hadn't known that the upper corners were safer in Kyouko's first boss spell, so that was especially helpful :) I still timed out Seiga's first spell though.

I wonder if I can clear UFO on Hard now :V
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:02:16 PM by Ridley 64 »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #966 on: May 27, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
After seven thousand lucky dodges and 222 attempts exactly, I did it.

Reimu NoFocus 120FPS Deflation World Capture

Yes I did it with Reimu.

But I did it.

Also I know I TECHNICALLY did it with the border team but I didn't focus so it's essentially Reimu.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Zil

« Reply #967 on: May 27, 2012, 11:58:12 PM »
Bwah, I'm a killing machine! Just look at these top scores!

Not to mention two more first round wins against Yumemi, and she didn't even damage me either time.

@Ridley: Glad the replay was helpful. That Kyouko trick is pretty funny. :V

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #969 on: May 28, 2012, 05:20:12 AM »
Got Hatate up to 77/99, by clearing 1 from Suika, 1 from Orin, 2 from Utsuho, 1 from Satori, 2 from Byakuren and one of those was 12-5.
Wow, 12-5 is hard.  I'm dreading 12-4 >.>

edit: now up to 83/99 by getting a couple from extra, as well as one of Suwako's and DNA's Flaw.

Jx31

• Hot Garbage
« Reply #970 on: May 28, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »
Unexpected Ten Desires hard mode 1cc!
  I did a random 1cc attempt after not touching the game for a few weeks and ended up clearing it lol.

Try not to wince too much at any illogical trancing/bombing.  I only worked on TD hard mode for about two days before dropping it so I could work on Lunatics instead.  Because of that I didn't really know when I should have tranced or bombed for resources outside of a few random situations.   :blush:

Now I can work on Lunatics without feeling like something is left unfinished.  So long hard modes!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:29:30 AM by Jx31 »

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #971 on: May 28, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »
Yeah whatever. Listened to some good piano solos and now my mood is a lot better. Someone delete this post, it was full of moody shit anyway.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:02:00 AM by Seppo Hovi »

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #972 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Turns out, all I had to do was sleep on it - Though I got to Bow of Yorimasa once yesterday, from then on my runs were dismal.  Today, though?

UFO Extra Clear!  Nue Houjuu defeated with the same dogged determination that I showed against Koishi.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #973 on: May 28, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »
NoFocus PCB Normal ReimuB 1cc

Six lives remaining, captured Reflowering, derp derp derp, focused at a point without anything on screen so it doesn't matter, and broke a four month old high score.

Am I really getting that good at these games? :derp:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUCK IT NUE I WIN

FINALLY. And as the many cherries on top, I ended with TWO SPARE LIVES, perfected a great portion of Nue's fight, used only one bomb, MESSED UP THE UFO PATTERN and still ended with more than zero lives, and made it to the last phase of Grudge Bow "Bow of Yorimasa Genzanmi" without bombing. That is a big accomplishment. I still fucking hate Undefined Darkness but ah, what can you do about that?

All that's left is that asshole Mamizou :V

« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:56:38 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #974 on: May 28, 2012, 08:47:34 PM »
Mystic Square 1cc.

Welp, that was to be expected, but it still took longer than I wanted.

Score of 65,000,000 too.

According to the breakdown at the end of the game it went 3m > 13m > 26m > 43m > 53m > 63m.

And now to fail at the Extra!

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #975 on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
Not impressive by any means but I finally got a 1cc on TD Hard.
:dragonforce:

Ten Desires 1cc'd on Lunatic!
Unexpected Ten Desires hard mode 1cc!
Congratulations guys! Especially Ridley with his lunatic 1CC. Though looking at your score (and 8/18 of a life left) i think you didn't tranced well enough :wat: But who cares! Try UFO hard now! ;)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #976 on: May 28, 2012, 10:50:09 PM »
I did it.
Subterranean Animism lunatic 1cc
I count 3 derp deaths: BoWaP (I had no power though so meh), Venegful Cannibal Spirit (1 bomb left I think?  Could have been worse since it was either that or attempt it and face the same result after), and Utsuho's 3rd nonspell (this one hurt.  I had 3 bombs at the time.)

minor achievement since, 12-2 and 12-4 on back to back attempts with Hatate, then 7-1 and 8-7 a bit later. 90/99

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #977 on: May 29, 2012, 09:50:41 AM »
I did it.
I count 3 derp deaths: BoWaP (I had no power though so meh), Venegful Cannibal Spirit (1 bomb left I think?  Could have been worse since it was either that or attempt it and face the same result after), and Utsuho's 3rd nonspell (this one hurt.  I had 3 bombs at the time.)

minor achievement since, 12-2 and 12-4 on back to back attempts with Hatate, then 7-1 and 8-7 a bit later. 90/99

Congratumalations :V

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #978 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:46 PM »
What games do you have left?

Don't we have like ~5 players trying UFO Lunatic right now? Race, anyone?

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #979 on: May 29, 2012, 09:31:58 PM »
I've got UFO, GFW and TD to go for lunatics.
I'm not touching UFO lunatic yet.  At this point it's memorize chains, bomb everything.
Like TD, only with actual difficulty instead of incredibly easy to derp patterns.

GFW is probably the next one I'm going to go for.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #980 on: May 29, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
What games do you have left?

YOU ARE ON
(just as soon as i can clear ichirin)

« Reply #981 on: May 29, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »
Congratulations guys! Especially Ridley with his lunatic 1CC. Though looking at your score (and 8/18 of a life left) i think you didn't tranced well enough :wat: But who cares! Try UFO hard now! ;)
Thanks! And yeah, there were some bumps along the way :V I missed two spirits in Stage 3 and completely messed up the fairies at the end of Stage 5, so I lost a lot of potential resources there. Fortunately I was still able to get by :) Not sure when I'll try UFO Hard again, but I got kind of close last time. I should have a decent chance if I'm better with my resources in Stage 5.

How was it? I have a few other 1ccs to get before even attempting this, but I'm still a bit worried  :ohdear:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #982 on: May 29, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
How was it? I have a few other 1ccs to get before even attempting this, but I'm still a bit worried  :ohdear:
I don't really know, this was my first attempt that got past midboss Parsee without dying.
What I do know is it's a huge pain to not die through Stage 2, Parsee is easier than Yamame, Yuugi's lasers are pure evil but her other nonspells are fun, Satori's nonspells are evil, Stage 5 isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be (but it's still pretty bad), Stage 6 stage part is actually threatening and Utsuho is fine as long as you bomb every time anything remotely threatening comes your way.

Other than that I can't really give any specific advice/any overview of how evil it is.  tbh I probably shouldn't have cleared due to all the 0 power dodging I did (most of Yuugi, 2nd Orin in S4, end of Subterranean Sun)

« Reply #983 on: May 29, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »
Just dropping by to say congratulations to I have no name for his Lunatic clear.
Great Fairy Wars is your next huh? Not terribly hard to clear but mighty fun still. Have a good time with it.

When you are done, just skip TD and go straight for UFO and don't bother with memorizing chains. Unless you are into the scoring you should just grab all the red UFO's you can and let that be that. To stringently follow a memorized path will just invite frustrations.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #984 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:09 PM »
When you are done, just skip TD and go straight for UFO and don't bother with memorizing chains. Unless you are into the scoring you should just grab all the red UFO's you can and let that be that. To stringently follow a memorized path will just invite frustrations.
This just in-Zengeku's favorite sport is TD-bashing!

There's a few problems with what you're saying up there.  "Skip TD" Bad idea.  At my current skill level I can clear it (easily) if I could just. stop. DERPING. "don't bother memorizing" I'll tie this into "grab all the reds you can"-without memorizing chains/spawns, I'll die trying to get lives.
I'm probably just going to switch to greens in Stage 4 though-hopefully bombspamming is enough to clear, when I get to it.

Because UFO lunatic scares me and isn't fun.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #985 on: May 30, 2012, 12:01:48 AM »

I DON'T CARE IF I HAVEN'T EVEN CLEARED HARD YET I'M GONNA FUCKING WIN

Enjoy.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #986 on: May 30, 2012, 12:20:15 AM »
Never expected to make it this far after spamming mostly Blues and Rainbows

Last time I did this, I didn't even make it to Murasa, which was about four months ago.

I'll break 1 billion on Normal

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #987 on: May 30, 2012, 12:34:45 AM »
Suwako has fallen, 11-2 in DS with Hatate down.
Only 8-4, 10-4, 10-5 and EX-5 remain.
Utsuho, Iku and Marisa have no fun scenes  :ohdear:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #988 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42:38 AM »
Dude, finally.

TD Hard 1CC

This time with two spare lives and the Parallel Ending to boot.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #989 on: May 30, 2012, 03:49:59 AM »
I finally finished 1ccing PCB on Normal with every shot type! :toot: It took longer than I expected; I blame the Prismriver Sisters for this.

(Damn you, Merlin. Damn youuuuu.)

Anyway: with that out of the way, it's onto Ran (and then Yukari) now I suppose. A test run with Reimu A got me as far as Princess Tenko, so this should be a fair bit easier than Flandre and Marisa methinks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:58:34 AM by PapillonReel »