Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119750 times)

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER
« Reply #1290 on: April 06, 2011, 05:54:21 AM »
Eh, so Bard was zombie?

Everyone on Edible's test list, except for you and kilga, which is why I hope they can claim as well.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1291 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:55 AM »
what

I think he means "not finished."

Also, we should really have another game of Vanilla Mafia.

There's going to be an open-role simple setup coming soon, yes.  It should be good actual-scumhunting practice for our newer players and a break from the stream of role madness we've had lately.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #1292 on: April 06, 2011, 06:06:44 AM »
Action List

---Night Zero---

NeoSerela - ##SetA UK, ##SetB Shadoweh

---Night One---

Bardiche - ##From huh what, ##To UncertainKitten, ##NK UncertainKitten  (Result:  RadioA to NeoSerela)

Colt - ##Protect Shadoweh

Shadoweh - ##SetB Schezo

Zakeri - ##Scan Kilgamayan  (Result: VT)

Pesco - ##Centrifuge huh what, Bardiche, Shadoweh, Kilgamayan, Schezo  (Due to redirect, actually UncertainKitten, Bardiche, Shadoweh, Kilgamayan, Schezo)  (Result: POSITIVE)

Schezo - ##Hit Affinity

huh what - ##Rolecop Shadoweh  (Result, Heroic Vigilante PM, sent RadioB to Schezo N1, Centrifuged by Pesco N1, Protected by Colt N1)

---Day Two---

03:19  Dormio - ##Prick PX

34:37  Dormio - ##Prick Shadoweh

34:46  Shadoweh - ##Kill Bardiche  (Result: Blocked)

46:31  Dormio - ##Prick Schezo

48:59  Shadoweh - ##Kill Schezo  (Result: Both dead, RadioB to capt. h)

50:03  Dormio - ##Prick Bardiche  (Result: Can only perform one night action)

---Night 2---

Colt - ##Protect Zakeri

Edible - ##Centrifuge Bardiche, Zakeri, Dormio, PX, Colt  (Result: NEGATIVE)

Bardiche  -  ##Nightkill Colt

Zakeri  -  ##Scan Colt  (Result: Bodyguard)

huh what - ##Rolecop PX  (Result: VT, targeted by ##Centrifuge from Edible N2)

capt. h - ##SetB huh what

---Day Three---

21:56  Dormio - ##Prick capt. h

31:39  Dormio - ##Prick Bardiche

huh what lynched (Result: SetB to capt. h)

---Night Three-

Bardiche - ##Nightkill Edible

NeoSerela - ##SetA Edible (Result: bounced back)

Zakeri - ##Scan NeoSerela (Result: Town Radio Operator)

Edible - ##centrifuge: Bardiche, Zakeri, Dormio, PX, NeoSerela (Result: would have been NEGATIVE)

capt. h - ##SetB PX

---Day Four---

NeoSerela lynched (Result: RadioA to Dormio)

---Night Four---

Bardiche - ##Nightkill capt. h

Game over

Now, to the questions and comments.

Firstly, as far as the Zakeri modkill goes, I tend to be very wary of modkilling in the first place.  It pretty much always slants the game in favor of town, either by taking out a liability townie or by killing scum or survivor.  The modkilling etiquette I always played by before this site was that if a townie was modkilled, that would take up the town's lynch for the day.  In any case, Zakeri PM'd me during the night that he was still playing, and if he still hadn't shown up by the end of Day Two, I would have modkilled him anyway.

Secondly, Edible:  The town effectively had four mislynches before it lost.  Remember that Conqueror and Shadoweh only used their abilities to self-destruct because they were the favored lynch targets at the time.  Of the 12 players that died over the course of the game, 7 of those deaths were town-determined.  That's actually pretty generous to the town, especially considering that one of your vigs died before getting a chance to use her shot.  The game ran quickly for a setup with 16 players, but the town had plenty of chances to catch scum.

As far as your ability goes, the odds of getting a good result were only slightly worse than they'd be if you were a Cop in a game with a Godfather and a Framer, and I don't think anyone would call that bastardly.  I mean, you were actually anticipating that much during Day Three.  That it was potentially two Godfathers instead of one Godfather plus one Framer doesn't exactly send the role straight into bastardly territory.  And as long as all the zombies were alive, you would get a positive result if you could manage to include them in your top five list - remember that in the game as it ran, all of your results were valid, so you really don't have anything to complain about.  The odds you get from picking randomly are never going to be a good representation of the odds you can get with good scumhunting.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1293 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:26 AM »
Finally read through that QT.

Also, that sucks.
My role said I block ANY action, whether it occurs during the day or night.
aaaaaaa stupid Bardiche.
And role shenanigans.

I STILL BLAME YOU PX, GO DIE SCUM.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1294 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:40 AM »
Sure, I'll play vanilla mafia. The problem is that mafia tends to get in the way of my work, so I should probably skip a game.

@Serp - I don't like the mass-cop checker. Not because it's too broken, but because it makes the game way too stressful for the townies stuck in the middle. You create a role that can isolate 3 players and creates the assumption that 2/3 are scum, and the two townies are not going to be having a good time. It ratchets up the paranoia up to 11, and forces players to make cases they really shouldn't be making.

I couldn't scum hunt because I had to either attack Edible or attack his role just to make it through the day.

EDIT: If the mass cop-checker ever comes up again, I'm going to advocate a policy lynch on whoever has it. It's not worth it, pits town against town in a heartbeat, and turns the game into setup speculation more than every other role in the game combined.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:24:13 AM by capt. h »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1295 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:14 AM »
Oh, could one of the scum also post the scum QT?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Edible

« Reply #1296 on: April 06, 2011, 06:40:16 AM »
I don't have the energy to pick apart this setup any more.  Suffice to say I'm unconvinced it even approaches reasonable playability, and handwaving "but good scumhunting fixes it" is not an acceptable solution to a bad setup, a lesson I learned in the last game I ran - and that one was the opposite of role madness.  Not pulling punches, this is arguably the least fun I've had playing mafia.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #1297 on: April 06, 2011, 06:48:41 AM »
It came down to LyLo with one scum left, where the town's perception of whether Bardiche was likely to be a buddy to three flipped scum played the decisive factor.  If you didn't enjoy it, I can't really say anything against that, but it was a real game of Mafia where both sides had a chance at victory in their own hands.

Anyway, scum QT is here, Conqueror:  http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/2SNBNGixW7eL
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1298 on: April 06, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
The only thing I think I'd be unhappy with is the modkill decision. The players don't know why the guy is still not showing up and even if communication is maintained to the mod, it looks like a free pass was given.

« Reply #1299 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:59 AM »
From Serp's point of view, I don't think there was really much of a choice in the way the modkill thing played out. I did message him saying I would play the game, he put his foot down when he said I would be modkilled at the end of Day 2, and I started posting before the end of day two. That's just how it turned out.

Also, your fault for letting lurkers slide.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1300 on: April 06, 2011, 07:04:40 AM »
* takes off hat and makes a bow.

Don't worry, Edible, scum raged just as hard as you do at the setup.

Happy I managed to get away with claiming third party. Already figured Zakeri was the Survivor, but didn't expect his role was actually true!

On Zakeri, I agree that it's ridiculous someone got away with a week of not posting and think Serp should've modkilled him.

Edible

« Reply #1301 on: April 06, 2011, 07:09:34 AM »
@Serp: Winner is not relevant to my case.  I would have said the same thing had town won.  I don't feel the setup is exclusively slanted towards town or scum, but towards absolute nonsense which is coincidentally how the game played out anyway.

@Zak: That would be true up to the point where the game was extended.  You should have died partway through D2, Serp gave you a free pass.

@Bard: Role BS aside I commend you for your scum play.  Mentioned this in the dead QT but you had me, pesco, and k4u all fooled.

Bardiche

« Reply #1302 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:38 AM »
That's what I do it for!

I think the most amusing bit was where capt h remarked I was "throwing my scumminess in everyone's faces" by doing exactly what I promised to do if I were scum, and basically taking a backseat to the game after my claim.

The entire plan hinged on the real survivor not counter-claiming, and thankfully Zakeri did not.

Bardiche does enjoy his gambits as scum.

Edible

« Reply #1303 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:44 AM »
hi5 gambiteers

We can be our own alignment and go hang out with Zakeri in the twinkie truck. :(

Edit:

and basically taking a backseat to the game after my claim.

This might have bothered me more but everyone took a backseat to the game partway through D2.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:15:25 AM by Edible »

Bardiche

« Reply #1304 on: April 06, 2011, 07:18:54 AM »
Yeah, let it be known by the way that I do not resent UK, for all that I was annoyed at her flipping off my case which I thought was pretty legitimate. She was going to die no matter what because I thought it would be funny. :V

The dead QT is all criticising the living players' play, which I think is a little unfair as you have more information there than do the players in-game, and how obviously scum someone is is not apparent when you're actually still playing the game and still unsure of everyone's proper motivations etcetera.

Still reading the dead! FWIW, I didn't want to take the exciting route of offing Dormio because I was never sure I would win!

Also, I liked how I could warn about scum having possibly very powerful roles with respect to Edible's role and people still never assumed this was the case. :V

« Reply #1305 on: April 06, 2011, 07:24:27 AM »
Yeah, let it be known by the way that I do not resent UK
I want to second this since what I said when initially supporting a UK kill in the scum qt could have been worded in a nicer manner. I just have terrible memories of MSR D1 and I think that causes me to find her somewhat intimidating from a scum PoV. :s

People in the dead QT always bitch and moan about the living players from what I've seen, so I don't think that what was said in the graveyard was that unusually unfair.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #1306 on: April 06, 2011, 07:26:06 AM »
I was pushing a Kilga lynch from the dead QT for half of D2.  :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #1307 on: April 06, 2011, 07:30:18 AM »
Edible's role? He didn't pick any of the targets until the night he died :V

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1308 on: April 06, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
I was convinced that Bardiche was the third party as well. :(
Would have been nice if Zakeri counter claimed, but I guess he was too busy looking for twinkies and doesn't care about us town.
I have to admit I kind of gave up on thinking sometime during D3 though.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1309 on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »
Yeah, let it be known by the way that I do not resent UK, for all that I was annoyed at her flipping off my case which I thought was pretty legitimate. She was going to die no matter what because I thought it would be funny. :V

The dead QT is all criticising the living players' play, which I think is a little unfair as you have more information there than do the players in-game, and how obviously scum someone is is not apparent when you're actually still playing the game and still unsure of everyone's proper motivations etcetera.

To be fair - we probably deserve it.

I was convinced that Bardiche was the third party as well. :(
Would have been nice if Zakeri counter claimed, but I guess he was too busy looking for twinkies and doesn't care about us town.
I have to admit I kind of gave up on thinking sometime during D3 though.

Just because someone is third party doesn't mean we shouldn't kill them.

He had vig powers, and he claimed third party. I might be new, but that's not a subtle way of saying "I am a serial killer". And killing him would have earned us a day to think either way.

The problem with Bard, and I mentioned it earlier, was that he was shouting himself scum so loudly, that I couldn't get anyone to pay attention to him. It was a really good move killing UK like he said he would, while Schezo took out Affinity as an alibi.

Now that the game is over, can you post your role PM?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1310 on: April 06, 2011, 07:51:10 AM »
Now that the game is over, can you post your role PM?
Dormio, you are the Town Paralyzer!

By stealthily pricking suspects with a needle dipped in potent neurotoxin, you are capable of rendering their bodies and minds sluggish and unresponsive, rendering them incapable of using their abilities.

During the day, you may PM the mod an order to ##Prick another player.  Within 24 hours, the target player will be informed that he has been hit, and from then on he will be unable to use any of his intrinsic role abilities during the day or night, including NKing for scum.  You may use this ability as often as you want, but it will only affect the most recently pricked player at any given time.

You win with the town.  Good luck!
It's exactly as I said during the game, and it was explained in the role post by Serp, but whatever.

Just because someone is third party doesn't mean we shouldn't kill them.

He had vig powers, and he claimed third party. I might be new, but that's not a subtle way of saying "I am a serial killer". And killing him would have earned us a day to think either way.
Thing is, I thought he was harmless with my block.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1311 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »
Alright, I admit explicitly telling you that your power blocks scum night kills and then having them go right through is very bastardly.

Bardiche

« Reply #1312 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:43 AM »
It would've worked on anyone else but me. Besides, I was third party, not scum, remember? ;D

FWIW town should lynch Third-Party on LYLO if only because it'd give them a night of investigation and cull the numbers to make a better, informed decision. The only risk is that you also hand scum an NK to use on you again, but I guess c'est la vie. (To be fair, I never did outright claim ITP)

Town did great up until I got roleblocked and NKed anyway. Scum were ready to throw the game when Pesco caught all of us.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 08:05:28 AM by Bardiche »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1313 on: April 06, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »
Also,
Dormio, you are the Town Paralyzer!

By stealthily pricking suspects with a needle dipped in potent neurotoxin, you are capable of rendering their bodies and minds sluggish and unresponsive, rendering them incapable of using their abilities.

During the day, you may PM the mod an order to ##Prick another player.  Within 24 hours, the target player will be informed that he has been hit, and from then on he will be unable to use any of his intrinsic role abilities during the day or night, including NKing for scum.  You may use this ability as often as you want, but it will only affect the most recently pricked player at any given time.

rendering them incapable of using their abilities.
abilities.
abilities.
:(

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1314 on: April 06, 2011, 08:32:22 AM »
No idea what ITP is (what does it mean?), but to be fair, I was very, very annoyed that you never claimed vig powers on day 2. I mentioned it several times - you pretty much told us that you were scum repeatedly on days 1 and 2, if not directly.

I knew there was something wrong day 2, but the whole role-blocking thing threw me off on day 3.

FWIW town should lynch Third-Party on LYLO if only because it'd give them a night of investigation and cull the numbers to make a better, informed decision. The only risk is that you also hand scum an NK to use on you again, but I guess c'est la vie. (To be fair, I never did outright claim ITP)

For what it's worth, that'll probably get you lynched on this forum. But I'll push for the 3rd party lynch next time anyway.

@Dormio - I agree with you.

We didn't lynch Bard because first there were two scum kills in one night and he claimed one before we realized there could be a second, then he claimed third party and no one counterclaimed, so we assumed it was true since we were in Lylo for some reason, and then you blocked his nightkills so there was no threat.

A vanilla game would be good right now. No third parties, no double scum kills, (hopefully) no complicated roles, just plain old scum hunting. It was impossible to argue Bard scum under the conditions of the game. Serial killer maybe, but without knowing the setup, any good player would assume it was impossible for Bard to be scum. Scum would need a double kill, a third party would have to fail to claim, and a role blocker would have to be rendered completely ineffective for any Bard theory to make sense. That is the biggest problem with this setup - it made hunting one of the scum impossible.

Bardiche

« Reply #1315 on: April 06, 2011, 09:17:49 AM »
Not at all. Had Dormio died earlier then the issue would never have come up.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1316 on: April 06, 2011, 10:31:39 AM »
Not at all. Had Dormio died earlier then the issue would never have come up.

Good point

##Vote Dormio

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1317 on: April 06, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »
GDI WHY DID I REALIZE BARD WAS SCUM 2 MINUTES AFTER I SELF-HAMMERED SINCE I THOUGHT THERE HAD TO BE 2 KILLS FOR THE GAME TO END
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1318 on: April 06, 2011, 11:26:01 AM »
In other news, I wonder if me saying that (and because of realizing it, NOT hammering myself), would have changed the lynch from me to Bard anyway.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #1319 on: April 06, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
Shadoweh, you are the Town Heroic Vigilante!

As an expert gunman jaded by the zombie apocalypse, you have no qualms about taking justice into your own hands and killing whoever you think is a zombie.  Just remember that zombies aren't known for going down easy...

Starting on the second day, you may post ##Kill: <player> in the public thread, and that player will die.  The day may be lengthened by 24 hours if the kill takes place in the last 24 hours of the day.  If you hit a townie, your ability will be usable again the next day, but if you hit scum, you might not survive the day.

You've found a new item among your belongings!  It's a radio handset, marked "B".  With it, you may send and receive messages through the mod with whoever's on the other end.  At any time, you may pass a message you'd like to send to the mod.  Every 24 hours, those messages will be received by whoever's on the other end, and you will receive any messages sent to you in turn.

As your night action, you may send the mod the command ##SetB: <player> to anonymously pass the handset to another living player of your choice.  This uses up your night action, but normal talking through the radio does not.

Note also that any PMs you receive through the radio are subject to the same rules about quoting and exact wording that apply to all mod PMs.

I think my roleplaying roots took some of the flavor a liiiittle too seriously. For Day 1 I was nothing more then a Radio Mason just trying to live to start shooting people with my practically UNLIMITED DAYVIG the next day. Playing by gut is hard. No one wants to believe anything you say and it's hard to translate your misgivings into a case. I blame NeoSerela for not knowing the name of his own radios for my messup at the end :p (and myself for being too picky and messages from the past sent to the future being hard to keep track of x.x)

Looking back at the Day 1 voting record, every valid case was thrown up against a newer player who had little chance of defending themselves from the experienced people attacking them. I intended to use my vig as a way to make the older players look at each other by force. Then Edible's list came out and the talkers were the only targets, so that kind of worked.  I.. didn't think I'd be under as much assault after Hourai flipped Traitor. I'd made my plan to go Rambo that night but Town having lost its mind helped cement it. Insanity is contagious. Good on huh what for infecting people with the Traitor is Flavor idea.

No Kilga, the list was only for show at the end but you stopped being the target after you demanded I kill you for being Vanilla and less useful then Bard. Town didn't need more role shenanigans, it needed someone that could talk sense that was town. I regret both warning Bard I planned to killl him without stating my case instead of just shooting, and waiting on another town player I couldn't rely on to back up my pretty much anti-town play. Oh, and dying. Serp is a vague bastard with his wording. I really believed I would live until the end of the day. I never got to make my case on huh what after Schezo flipped for linking his night action excuse to a flipped scum.

Someone said they were using AtE against me? I don't know what that means but any irl excuses were discarded because I'm a HEARTLESS MURDERESS.

FFFFF DORMIO TRYING TO CONTROL MY LIIIIIIIFE but I still think you were the best town left. And that capt.h guy who called Bard out on his scum meta. "Would Bard really do everything he said he would do as scum and claim the nightkill?" Yes, yes Bard would. He is a silver tongued disciple of Audacity.

I expect people won't stop being upset with my play for awhile, and they have every right to be mad at me. I made the same mistake as last game and tried way, way too hard, but with a power that made people not want to play the game. Even if it had good intentions it was a bad plan and I apologize to anyone that was offended by my attitude that day. I like all of you very much and it would hurt it you stopped playing because of me.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia