Author Topic: [challenge] Kaguya's next Impossible Request (ended)  (Read 13499 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: [challenge] Kaguya's next Impossible Request (ended)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2012, 03:50:41 AM »
- SA using Reimu C, and cannot use the right-hand side of the screen.

These I like

The thing about the SA/Reimu C Lefty Challenge is, the Reimu C shot type is such that it should be conceivably possible to fire in any direction from any position (and you have a whole half of the screen to dodge within). The Lefty Challenge simply puts this to the test, in a way that while probably pretty difficult, shouldn't be impossible.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 04:24:58 AM »
I'm supporting lowest graze!
Highly timid playing and superbombing recommended :U
Hard 1ccs
Completed: IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Extra 1ccs
Completed: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2012, 04:42:48 AM »
I think these two in particular make alot of sense if the goal is to "even the playing field" between lunatics and and easy mode players. They're sufficiently ridiculous to render previous experience far less relevent while still retaining a thread of feasibility.
I think the results of the "Play EoSD with your face" challenge showed that, that actually isn't so true :V I remember there was only a handful of people who 1cced it, including Jaimers and Baity, both of which are pretty highly skilled people. (well, and me, but) The results were, for the most part, not all that different from what would have happened if you asked people to just play lunatic normally.  Except I'd have an easier time beating easy with my face then lunatic normally.

The "With your eyes closed" might be more leveling of the field though. And lowest graze challenge sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:10:20 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2012, 05:18:45 AM »
The "With your eyes closed" might be more leveling of the field though.
I tried this with IN easy once.
Got to Stage 4  :V because memorization of stages, spawns, movement speeds, boss movement patterns, random element locations, etc.
Newer players don't have that.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:45 PM »
Helepolis told me to post here and so I am posting here.

WHY DOES AUSTRALIA POST INSIST ON GIVING ME EVERYTHING AT 9AM? (Infinity notes that it actually arrived at 8:50AM, not 9AM.)
My mother got to the package first, and asked who it was from. I said a friend in the Netherlands. Then she asked why it came from Japan.
This also had me stumped until I actually opened the box.

Ran-shamaaaaaaa~ A big Ran-shama at that.

There are too many Rans. They are all staring at me. WHICH ONE DO I CHOOSE?

It really is a precious gift. Cheers, Helepolis.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 10:26:20 PM »
Oh geez. That "Yukkuri-san contract" looks creepy :o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:07:13 PM by MMX »
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear