Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F  (Read 190026 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 16F
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2017, 11:12:10 PM »
Congrats!

...what does "Togakuwa Doubling Gold" do again?
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »
MP+12, TP+12, All stats base value+1.2 (not as awesome as it would be in non-plus, since base value boosters are a lot more common in plus).

And it turns out that 90F guardian of endless corridor is Shadow Kogasa instead of
Spoiler:
Serpent of Chaos
. I have no idea how this guardian sequence works any more.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2017, 12:01:48 AM »
It's still a sizable MP and TP boost, I'd say that's worth it.

Meanwhile:

WE'RE IN FOR IT NOW, HAVE MERCY ON ME GAME.

EDIT: Well, I got all the Jet Black Fragments, and I decided to see what the level 760ish boss icon was. I was instantly crushed. Yeaaaah that'll be for later when I'm not 500ish. Still have to take on the last boss that's hanging around B10F but that involves doing the teleporter maze and I kinda don't feel like it after doing the rest of the third Depths stratum, at least not today.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 02:13:20 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2017, 06:05:07 AM »
-All- stats +1.2 is still pretty good, esp. on characters with big %age stat bonuses like 9 team.

>level 760 boss icon
WELP
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2017, 08:29:54 AM »
I'm not sure if there were any further changes to existing characters ever since the trial, but there's this. I'm not sure if the additonal skills listed were awakening skills or normal ones, or a mix of both either.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19029.msg1231810.html#msg1231810

Thanks for the input! At least that covers some of it. Right now I'm trying to fight Parsee and Hina shadows.

Come to think of it, how high should my library levels be at this point? Most character of mine has like 150 to their stats, with some exceptions like Flan and Kaguya and Patchouli who I invested much more in. I'm not feeling the investment on Patchouli was that good though   :(

And comparing tanks, is there a situation that I should use Tenshi over Komachi unless it's for Iku combo?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »
Tenshi is honestly only a good tank if you need her buff clearing. Or maybe for the physical damage reduction. But really, if you don't need the buff clearing, the only reason is Iku synergy. Other people can compare in tankiness with much more useful support abilities- just having nice def/mnd isn't enough in ThLaby2.

...is komachi -really- that good of a tank? I keep hearing about it, but it still feels dubious to me. How often does she need to be healed?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2017, 07:58:08 PM »
Komachi's okay I guess? But yeah she does kinda need to be healed often.

...In any case, B10F bosses all down, time to do nothing but Endless Corridor until the February patch. Team 9 right now is stupidly overpowered and that's mostly my fault but that's okay by me for the time being. I'm just curious now as to how crazy stuff gets in the lower depths of the Endless Corridor.

« Reply #277 on: January 08, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »
Hmm, I reach the endless corridor. Can anyone list out the options when you reach a green exclamation mark in English? It'll be a great help!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #278 on: January 08, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »
If there are four options; first option opens it with seven star seals (depending on the number of exclamation marks on the chest you need 20, 40, 80, 160 or 320 to open them); second option opens it with a key; third option forcibly opens it without offering anything (and cause the item to become crap); fourth option leaves it alone. If there are only two options then you can just open it without any cost by picking the first choice.

« Reply #279 on: January 08, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »
If there are four options; first option opens it with seven star seals (depending on the number of exclamation marks on the chest you need 20, 40, 80, 160 or 320 to open them); second option opens it with a key; third option forcibly opens it without offering anything (and cause the item to become crap); fourth option leaves it alone. If there are only two options then you can just open it without any cost by picking the first choice.

Thanks a lot! Anyone got a wiki account? Someone should put the translations on the page.

I've seen your youtube videos and you seem to level really fast. Is there any better place to grind besides 20F? Since in last 20 or so hours some bosses like shadow mokou, keine and futo was taking me hours to beat them.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #280 on: January 08, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
The plus disk floors are all like 20F depths (strong encounters that give lots of rewards), so you should just grind at whatever floors you can reach.

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #281 on: January 08, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
Question: How can you guys tell it's a level 760 boss? The challenge level icon's 370 - or is chalenge level just half of the boss level?

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #282 on: January 08, 2017, 08:18:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the challenge level of that boss IS 760. It's the one on B4F hiding behind a rock that needs all 56 black fragments to pass.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #283 on: January 08, 2017, 08:26:22 PM »
The boss itself is level 799, with a challenge level of 760 or so, on B4F. It's way harder than
Spoiler:
Ura Yamato no Orochi
, which meanwhile is roughly I'd say challenge level 500ish despite having ??? as the challenge level. Definitely not something to be done even if you've cleared every floor you can possibly clear, it'd take a loooot of grinding to get to the point to beat it (since in my rough estimates most people should be roughly level 500ish by the end of the current Plus Disk content).

I'm gonna assume that it drops the fourth Plus Disk seal like the other B1F-B4F bonus bosses, which IIRC is gonna unlock something on B11F, if I recall the old datamined description for it (the descriptions for the third and fourth seals were changed to say "I wonder where these are used..." or something like that).

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #284 on: January 08, 2017, 11:58:42 PM »
So I have both Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and Labyrinth of Touhou 2 Plus Disk, and when I copied over the contents of Plus Disk to the original Labyrinth of Touhou 2 folder and click the plus disk exe, the game starts up but with no sound. However, when I click the original exe it has sound. Any idea why this is happening? I'm on Windows 10.

EDIT

I reset both folders to how they were before I dragged over plus disk content etc.

EDIT 2

Nevermind, turns out the volume was just super low.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:15:49 AM by ZXNova »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #285 on: January 09, 2017, 02:10:59 AM »
The volume scale is changed in Plus Disk, so the setting used for the normal game is basically inaudible. Overall it's a good change, but they probably should have reset the default or something so everyone didn't think their game was muted.

« Reply #286 on: January 09, 2017, 06:08:23 AM »
How do I access the remainder of B10F? I've only accessed the part that contained two boss icons, but not the area that will allow me to reach
Spoiler:
Ura Yamato no Orochi
. Unless I have to discover yet another item.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #287 on: January 09, 2017, 06:57:04 AM »
IIRC, you need to activate the last possible switch on 27F that you can activate, which requires getting past the "have all 56 Jet Black Fragments" rock that's up there.

« Reply #288 on: January 09, 2017, 10:58:44 AM »
Apparently there's a couple of patches out.

http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2P/download.html

Any significant changes?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #289 on: January 09, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »
According to google translate it's all minor tweaks and bugfixes. Apart from the change on full version release iirc, where Overheat is limited to Lv5 and Bishamonten's Rage is limited to Lv100. It also notes something that's present in the earlier trial versions, where passives that make you counter no longer reset your ATB to 7000 (which used to make it so you never wanted to learn them)

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »
So besides new characters, what other changes were brought in Plus Disk? I notice that Youmu seems to have a new passive...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2017, 01:16:40 AM »
Additional floors, floor-related events and bosses, and items.
Gambler nerf to the ground.
New subclasses.
Some character stats were shuffled.
Several characters got new skills.
A procedurally generated, theoretically infinitely extending dungeon. (Although you're "stuck" on 101F at the present, all it means is that the counter doesn't go up yet and you will instead loop at 101F. The limit will be raised at a future date because the guardians every 10 floor are apparently not procedurally generated.
By clearing said dungeon you can obtain even more skills for every character old and new. Some are skills that were already present, but many are brand new skills.
New set of bugs.

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2017, 02:18:58 AM »
> Gambler nerfed to the ground

Rip Flandre

Is there a complete comprehensive list of all changes?

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2017, 02:43:04 AM »
It's been 6 floors and no Koishi/Kokoro... :ohdear:
Mwahahahahha!

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2017, 03:22:39 AM »
I forgot where Koishi is but it's somewhere on 22-24F. You also must have triggered three events with her beforehand; the one on 21F is kind of hard to find. Kokoro you can't get until a good deal into the 23-24F quest.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2017, 03:43:56 AM »
> Gambler nerfed to the ground

Rip Flandre

Not so, friend. Flandre was granted defense piercing in her spells to compensate for the Gambler nerf. Personally, 3peso should of just replaced the subclass entirely if he was going to nerf Gambler this hard.
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2017, 03:53:08 AM »
I forgot where Koishi is but it's somewhere on 22-24F. You also must have triggered three events with her beforehand; the one on 21F is kind of hard to find. Kokoro you can't get until a good deal into the 23-24F quest.
Ahhhhh... that explains why...
I was searching in the underground floors... and now I got her!
Now... let's see where's Kokoro...
EDIT: Found her, thanks :3
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:55:00 AM by Kogachii ♡ »
Mwahahahahha!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2017, 04:06:52 AM »
Gambler is still a good subclass for a -few- characters (Suwako, one of the best glass cannon choices in the game along w/Marisa but marisa probably shouldn't gamble 'cause ow master spark mp cost), but, it's scope is rather limited now, especially considering glass cannon is a much less desirable role in this game compared to thlaby1 due to fast bosses and most characters being bulky attacker capable in at least -one- of def or mind. And yeah, Flandre was buffed up in exchange for the gambler nerf.

Should get easier to use glass cannons in postgame with Keine's 9999 atb swap in though. Without that, Rinnosuke is still an option with 9300 (right?) swap-in without spending a corridor awakening on anyone. Without either... using glassy characters is problematic.

Is there a complete comprehensive list of all changes?
At this rate we need to write it all in a wiki page or have something linked in the first post or something. Anyway. This has the changes in the initial trial.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19029.msg1231810.html#msg1231810
In addition, Kogasa, Keine, Meiling, and Youmu have received new passive skills since then. Most character's awakening skills in the infinite corridor are pretty strong, and some can be character-changing. As for what every new skill does... jeez, that's a big list at this point x.x
This does link all the awakening skills, though, minus a new spellcard for Rinnosuke.
https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20421.msg1299914.html#msg1299914
Pages 6 and 7 of the thread have base stat/formula data for the new plus disk characters/subclasses we didn't have earlier, which are listed earlier in. Pages 13~15 of the previous thlaby thread have their full passive/active skill lists, along with full item lists for Plus, achievement list, subclasses, a preliminary infinite corridor skill list that's relevant for including all the new non-corridor passives listed in the first linked post, etc. The unlisted skills... Kogasa has a big damage increase OR a big damage taken decrease on Fear'd enemies, Keine gets a stacking increase on her own def/mnd or atk/mag when she casts her buffs, Meiling gets a passive damage up or self-heal from a counter each time she takes a turn, and Youmu gets a weird nerfed version of Grand Incantation. Youmu is still a kinda bad character until her infinite corridor awakening, which makes her a lot better and makes her weird new passive a lot more useful.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:11:18 AM by Serela »

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #298 on: January 10, 2017, 06:25:17 AM »
I've listed a few wrong description seen in the original game. Dunno if these have already been fixed in the latest version.

- Regenerador?s Heart increases PSN PAR TRR resistances by 50, not 24.
- Ribbon does not increase Elemental Resistance, only Status.
- Some achievement reward don't match up with the descriptions like winning 3000 battle was supposed to give you 2 Training Manual but it only gives 1.

Nitpicking: Dungeon Effect description in the option menu remains untranslated.

« Reply #299 on: January 10, 2017, 09:07:54 AM »
Most of this applies to everything before access to Archmage for ingame purposes, an as such Akyuu's probably going to dethrone Byakuren as "single worst person to take into a NG+." She's worthless before sublclasses and outclassed by absolutely everyone even after that. She has the same issue Rinnosuke has - sure, there's a decent library level and super high stats at play (in his case, via the high-boosts), but it's ultimately pointless because sub-class spell cards suck. I guess you could use her as a dumb slot 1 gimmick tank?

idk, Rinnosuke has been a really solid tank for me for most of the main game.  He's really skillpoint hungry so it's hard to notice at first, but once he gets going and you have HP/Element High Boosts he becomes super durable and his efficient switch skill is really great for frail attackers and speeds things up a lot in general.  He does run into the problem of what else he wants to do on his turns if he doesn't want to switch since neither of his regular skills are super good, but Subclasses help with that.  I'd go so far as to say he's probably my most effective tank, definitely more so than Tenshi.