Author Topic: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55002 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #960 on: April 06, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "So you are in that 'artistry' for the potential malice, then?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #961 on: April 06, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "So you are in that 'artistry' for the potential malice, then?"

>"No, I just wish I did in retrospect," says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #962 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:59 AM »
> "Still, it seems to me that art would depreciate in value were it specifically used for blackmail or humiliation, or other directly malicious intent. And given how little appreciation there is for your art to begin with, I am surprised you would want to do anything that would encourage people to form more negative opinions about your motives."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #963 on: April 06, 2011, 04:49:14 AM »
> "Still, it seems to me that art would depreciate in value were it specifically used for blackmail or humiliation, or other directly malicious intent. And given how little appreciation there is for your art to begin with, I am surprised you would want to do anything that would encourage people to form more negative opinions about your motives."

>Aya waves a hand. "Don't worry about it. I probably won't bother. I don't have the resources to throw at it, really."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #964 on: April 06, 2011, 04:54:43 AM »
> "Very well. Regardless, perhaps we should ask her if she feels justice has been served."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #965 on: April 06, 2011, 05:02:08 AM »
> "Very well. Regardless, perhaps we should ask her if she feels justice has been served."

>"I hope so," says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #966 on: April 06, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
> Nod.
> "I hope so too. It would make many things a lot easier. But what if she does not feel that way? Who should then make the decision as to whether justice has been served or not?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #967 on: April 06, 2011, 06:00:19 PM »
> Nod.
> "I hope so too. It would make many things a lot easier. But what if she does not feel that way? Who should then make the decision as to whether justice has been served or not?"

>"Not her," says Aya. "She's just in it to get even."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #968 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
> "Of course. Neither party directly involved will be a proper judge of when justice has been served, as they both have a very vested interest in the outcome, and will want what is best for them. This is presumably why Lord Tenma was asked to make a decision."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #969 on: April 06, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
> "Of course. Neither party directly involved will be a proper judge of when justice has been served, as they both have a very vested interest in the outcome, and will want what is best for them. This is presumably why Lord Tenma was asked to make a decision."

>"Not like he could ignore a statement from the Yama, anyways..." says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #970 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
> "This is why I wish to do my own investigation, so I may draw my own conclusion. I may consult The August One for his opinion on the matter as well, should the situation prove to have too many shades of grey."
> "But while we dwell on that, there is perhaps something else to consider. I recall you saying that no patrol tengu is ever alone. Yet your friend was just that, when coming to see you earlier today, as much as you may not have believed me at the time. As near as I can tell, from the perspective of those in command of the patrol tengu, one of their soldiers skirted protocol to go off on their own investigation, an investigation into someone they are known to have associated with in the past. This soldier returned home with nothing to show for their efforts. What sort of reception do you think her superiors had waiting for her?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
> "This is why I wish to do my own investigation, so I may draw my own conclusion. I may consult The August One for his opinion on the matter as well, should the situation prove to have too many shades of grey."
> "But while we dwell on that, there is perhaps something else to consider. I recall you saying that no patrol tengu is ever alone. Yet your friend was just that, when coming to see you earlier today, as much as you may not have believed me at the time. As near as I can tell, from the perspective of those in command of the patrol tengu, one of their soldiers skirted protocol to go off on their own investigation, an investigation into someone they are known to have associated with in the past. This soldier returned home with nothing to show for their efforts. What sort of reception do you think her superiors had waiting for her?"

>"Assuming she's gone home," says Aya. "Wouldn't surprise me if she were still hunting around in the woods, or maybe got caught up in whatever Scarlet Devil Mansion's up to, who knows? But yeah, I see what you're saying."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #972 on: April 06, 2011, 08:20:11 PM »
> "And why do you think she chose to break protocol and intentionally put herself at a disadvantage against the escaped convict when she had information about the escapee's whereabouts, instead of gathering a large group of patrol tengu to try to surround the escapee and prevent them from getting away again?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #973 on: April 06, 2011, 08:28:48 PM »
> "And why do you think she chose to break protocol and intentionally put herself at a disadvantage against the escaped convict when she had information about the escapee's whereabouts, instead of gathering a large group of patrol tengu to try to surround the escapee and prevent them from getting away again?"

>"Look, I know, alright?" says Aya, giving you a look. "This is all easy for you to say, you don't have to actually deal with the consequences!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #974 on: April 06, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
> "Of course I don't. But she will, when she returns empty-handed. And yet she made that choice anyway."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: April 06, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »
> "Of course I don't. But she will, when she returns empty-handed. And yet she made that choice anyway."

>"I know, shut up," says Aya.

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #976 on: April 06, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
> Mental check: how long did Gensokyo disappear for? About six months?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: April 06, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
> Mental check: how long did Gensokyo disappear for? About six months?

>A bit over three.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #978 on: April 06, 2011, 09:28:39 PM »
> "I suppose you could even turn the entire situation around and make her a hero. Wouldn't that be something to stick in the Yama's craw? That you took her attempt to get revenge on you and make it a positive for your friend. I'd bet Miss Himekaidou would have less to needle you with that way, too."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:03 PM »
> "I suppose you could even turn the entire situation around and make her a hero. Wouldn't that be something to stick in the Yama's craw? That you took her attempt to get revenge on you and make it a positive for your friend. I'd bet Miss Himekaidou would have less to needle you with that way, too."

>"Hm..." says Aya. "That I could..."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #980 on: April 06, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
> "I will also tell you I am reasonably confident that, should you decide to return, I could at least get your sentence reduced by three months. Do you recall a very realistic dream a while ago, where you may have been in the outside world?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: April 06, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
> "I will also tell you I am reasonably confident that, should you decide to return, I could at least get your sentence reduced by three months. Do you recall a very realistic dream a while ago, where you may have been in the outside world?"

>She nods. "Yeah. It's interesting, but no one has any idea why it happened. I was furious at first for missing it, but it seems like a dead thing these days."

>_

« Reply #982 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
> "I don't know what happened, either, but I can tell you, with great certainty, that something happened. All of Gensokyo vanished for three months, leaving nothing but an ocean."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: April 06, 2011, 10:48:37 PM »
> "I don't know what happened, either, but I can tell you, with great certainty, that something happened. All of Gensokyo vanished for three months, leaving nothing but an ocean."

>She raises an eyebrow. "Huh. Wonder why no one else remembers that?"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #984 on: April 06, 2011, 10:58:55 PM »
>"Bhava-Agra did not vanish. It was in its proper place, even while Gensokyo was not. Whatever happened, we were not a part of it."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #985 on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:46 PM »
> "As a result it seems like everyone in Gensokyo at the time thinks it was a dream. The rest of us on the outside, we just saw a whole bunch of nothing for several months. I do not know what caused it, and I doubt I ever will, as The Dragon has decided it is not worth discussing."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #986 on: April 06, 2011, 11:32:57 PM »
> "As a result it seems like everyone in Gensokyo at the time thinks it was a dream. The rest of us on the outside, we just saw a whole bunch of nothing for several months. I do not know what caused it, and I doubt I ever will, as The Dragon has decided it is not worth discussing."

>"Mmm," says Aya. "Very interesting, but what does this have to do with me?"

>_

« Reply #987 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:38 AM »
> Teasing smile. "I would have expected a cunning reporter such as yourself to catch on: it means that you have already served three months of your sentence, even if you did not realize it. The Yama would have to accept this, even if she was also a part of the dream."
> Has Aya regained her vision, yet?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #988 on: April 07, 2011, 12:50:33 AM »
> Teasing smile. "I would have expected a cunning reporter such as yourself to catch on: it means that you have already served three months of your sentence, even if you did not realize it. The Yama would have to accept this, even if she was also a part of the dream."
> Has Aya regained her vision, yet?

>"Yeah, it just seems difficult to prove."
>Aya's eyes seem fine now.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #989 on: April 07, 2011, 12:55:39 AM »
> "Whomever is skeptical is welcome to ask any celestial they like about it. Except for Tenshi, as she was caught in whatever it was."