Author Topic: Koakuma's Writer's Parlour ~ Have some tea and discuss fiction and writing here!  (Read 226110 times)

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Depends. I think WWC topics can be suggested to the PSL bigwigs, not entirely sure though, but give it a shot anyway if you wanna give it a try. Although, don't expect to many entries since this sounds like the kinda deal that only a select few will be able to jump in on (since not everyone knows of STALKER).

Also, bleh quitting on WWC leaves a sour taste in my mouth, but with what I have planned my recently cancelled entry will see the light of day anyhow so at least I'll get to get out there (eventually).
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
Let's hope the next WWC is something I could manage to write.

Hopefully.

The dream prompt was something I could have entered. Too bad I was too lazy.

*Crow groans in regret

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
http://borderofgensokyo.foroactivo.com/f40-fanmade-patchy-s-library

Can I take this as an excuse to rename this place after a better character and call it Aya's Awesome Archives

BV BV BV

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog

But then we'd lose the demon assistants.  We can't have that!

Also "AAA"? :P

Alfred F. Jones

Damnit, I just want to get away from those awful people at the SDM, how dare you remind me of Koa and how cute she is ;__;

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
Chireiden's Archives of Writings.

We could be themed after Okuu. CAW, CAW!

Momijibot

• Well?
  • What can you do?
Coveted Holding of Emotional Narrative.

or

Cumilative Happiness through Experiences New

CHEEEEEEEEN

What.

I told you about the names, bro. I told you, dog!

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
Viole, or whatever the real name for the SDM Library was.

Because none of the Touhou fanboys are smart enough to think of the real name of the library.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:02:00 PM by Fattybus »
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Viole, or whatever the real name for the SDM Library was.

Because none of the Touhou fanboys are smart enough to think of the real name of the library.
Voile, and hi.

Alfred F. Jones

Tengu Mountain Newspaper Archives, with Hatate's Souvenir Shop as the new Koakuma's. Need something for the Momizi fans, though...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Tengu Mountain Newspaper Archives, with Hatate's Souvenir Shop as the new Koakuma's. Need something for the Momizi fans, though...

Momizi's Monthly Manuscripts to replace the WWC? May as well start being honest. ;3
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Except that Aya is already assigned to the FPH, since there is a *Bunbunmaru* tag and all. And our tag is *Librarians*, which kinda needs a library to work with.

If ya want stuff to worry about, pick real problems, will ya? :P

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
inb4 Librarians changed to Bouncer Tengu or Reporter Tengu

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
All the cool writers get let in :<
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
A couple of questions:

1) How do I shot web, or rather, what's the usually accepted way to post a fic here? Should I copy/paste inside a new reply? Start a new thread?

2) This is important: I'm not a native English speaker (Brazilian here) AND I'm trying to write. So I think I ideally need a native speaker that could proof-read for me. I kind of got 28 pages (and counting!) written already and my grammar and sentence construction is as good as you're seeing here. Worse if I'm in a roll.

1) I'd rather that someone else answer no. 1, but as I've seen so far it's starting a new thread. I'm not entirely sure, though.
2) Maybe I could help you with the proof-reading.  :getdown:

capt. h

• Only sane townie
The usually accepted way of posting a fic is to start a new thread.

In addition, I can proof read grammar. But I find the best way to get a proofreader is to go to the PPIrC channel linked below and ask for a proofreader. Although I can proofread grammar, a lot of people seem to have a less than postive impression of my story quality, so I may not be the best person to ask if you want more general advice. (Besides grammar, spelling, and how to add comedy. I can (probably) do that.)

http://webchat.ppirc.net/?channels=scarlet-library

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

Argh.

Bleh.

I'm wondering if I should a few of my stories into one alternate-universe Gensokyo or leave them as standalones. A lot of my stories (including the Flandre/Yuuka one) are based off one continuous RP, but the co-author/other player doesn't really care much for the novelization and I'm trying to rewrite Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers (due to getting dinged on another fanfiction board for it, due to the whole "Flandre has a rather interesting reaction to Yuuka's blood" scene).
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
(due to getting dinged on another fanfiction board for it...).

Dinged?

And does this mean that someone else came along and said some flippant comment about how your story should go and you decided to change it?
Really shouldn't worry about that so much, dude. Write the story how you want to read it first, then worry about the audience.

Yes, they're the people reading your story, but if it weren't for you, they'd have nothing to read. They owe you, not the other way around.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Yes, they're the people reading your story, but if it weren't for you, they'd have nothing to read. They owe you, not the other way around.

I think its a little bit more complicated than that. While in the case of works given for free the reader isn't paying you for your work, by posting a story instead of keeping it to yourself, you work under the assumption of an audience. A good entertainer's job is to entertain the audience, and you aren't going to become a better writer by deciding the audience owes you. Likewise, you don't become a better writer by doing what the audience tells you to do - they don't know what they want. It's your job as a writer to create what they want, under the assumption that they don't know what it is yet because it hasn't been created - the "surprise" factor that makes works unique.

None of this pertains to any particular story, but rather my own understanding of how to be a good writer in general.

_cf

• my Pixiv
Update on my post a few posts above:

Thanks to Immaterial Crow and capt. h for answering. I posted the five first chapters of my first fic on a new thread, anyway. So you guys feel free to tear into it and tell me what I did wrong there. :P

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

Dinged?

And does this mean that someone else came along and said some flippant comment about how your story should go and you decided to change it?
Really shouldn't worry about that so much, dude. Write the story how you want to read it first, then worry about the audience.

It sounds a lot like Flandre orgasmed from sucking on Yuuka's blood in the initial write-up. My co-author was not amused, and neither were the mods (the board, Spacebattles, was having a flame war over crap like loliservice).

No, it's more like a time constraint thing and "lol canon" stuff. The RP's weird and has stuff like Elly/Koishi (no, I still don't know how this happened) and trips to other Gensokyos by Yukari (which I tried to retcon), and I'm wondering if I should have them all tied into one continuity or not.

jesus god this "Gensokyo goes to Hell to battle demons totally not from Dorf Fortress" story still sounds a fuckton like White Rose.

_cf

• my Pixiv
jesus god this "Gensokyo goes to Hell to battle demons totally not from Dorf Fortress" story still sounds a fuckton like White Rose.
Oh gods, do want. I hope I can read things like Flandre cancels drink: Throwing a tantrum. there.

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

You bet.

Also features Reimu fighting a Cyberdemon.

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Library Newsflash:

So, over the last months it's become noticable that with the increased activity in PSL (which is a wonderful thing btw, keep it up ^^ ) our original plan of keeping the Fanworks-Listing updated as new works pop up was a bit too ambitious in long term. So now we have quite the backlog to work through, and as you can imagine, this will be a lot of work for just us perma-Librarians.

So while it's not yet official, and will probably not happen till August, I'll already make an announcement of how we are going to handle this: We're gonna shift to a new system where we will try to have a big "cleanup" every few months (or maybe twice a year), where we sort through all unsummarized works and file them into the Fanworks-Listing.
And for that, we will take any volunteers that want to help out, old regulars as well as new people.

A recruitment notice will be up in time before we actually start, this here is just to inform everyone of the overall plan for now.  :D

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
My body is ready.