Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 240514 times)

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #750 on: July 22, 2010, 07:05:49 AM »
Seeing how I have encounters every step+no animations...shouldn't the grinding be even faster?
10m exp at F27 doesn't take long at all.

Oh, and should I just dump some chars? Chars like Patchy has seemed to lose usefulness...
From my final 12...
Reimu - keeping
Marisa - seems like 1 shot and she's done, other sweepers do close to her damage
18F - good buff, decent damage, can take hits, keeping
16F - Tanking, defence buff, additional turns, probably keeping
Kaguya - Sweeps trash with ease, really good as a supporter for one sweeper(going for tank build)
Ran - top tier buffs, keeping
Patchy - Seems weaker than other sweepers. dumping
Suwako - Elemental...that's what hurts her. Shiki and Nitori do the same stuff without elements and with more defense.
Shiki & Nitori - yes goddamnit
China - solid wall, keeping...worth using by now though? from what I've seen, once you get to winner the characters don't differ all that much, wouldn't 16F/18F do the same job? keeping for SoC, then dumping
Youmu - high damage, really low mdef, low SP even at lv300...keep or ditch? not sure, that would give me only 2 sweepers...but do I really need more?

I dropped Youmu like a friggin rock when I got the proper chance, for 15F I think. The SP is an issue that is hard to overcome.
Marisa... her Spark is crazy good, but yeah, one shot. But when her MAG is like 2-3 times higher then what Patch and OP'ed 15F has, that damage is just O.O
Meiling being dumped? That doesn't sound right at all.

If I were to name a party for you based on my experiences, I'd say Remi, 18F, Siki and 15F, and just them, are the best party. Animations off makes this group friggin OP and leaves everything dead.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #751 on: July 22, 2010, 08:15:35 AM »
You know suggesting Remi to Banana is just going to make him try troll you :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #752 on: July 22, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »
You know suggesting Remi to Banana is just going to make him try troll you :V
Trolling is an art :V

« Reply #753 on: July 22, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »
The Labyrinth of Touhou Special Disc Database is now fully translated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a0nbsxf53shg7t0

Notes:
-Some of the information in the database may not be accurate. For example, the database says that Agastobrauma does Djinn Storm at the start of the battle, but reports I've heard from people (like Bananamatic here) who've actually played is conflicting.
-There are probably miscellaneous typos here and there.
-You may need to be able to view Japanese codepages for some pages (particularly the Graphics page) to work.

Bananamatic

« Reply #754 on: July 22, 2010, 02:27:29 PM »
Actually, I figured the exact same thing from the translation, so I was confused too...but had to fight him only once, so there might be a chance he might use it. In that case, restart :V

How much damage would I need to do to overpower the final boss V2? Did over 6m damage before she reached the second form but nothing happened.

Anyways, thanks :V

Oh, and does anyone recognize the touhou original of the music in these battles?
(16F/18F char spoilers btw, couldn't find any other example of this on the site)

EDIT: Interesting...so the game actually checks for the 20F items and if you already have one, the drop ratio is 1,5% again. That means that I was pretty damn lucky to get all these items >.>
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:49:10 PM by Bananamatic »

Bananamatic

« Reply #755 on: July 22, 2010, 09:05:50 PM »
uhh...reimu lv348, beat some V3s

Suwako, Reisen, Orin, Cirno, Rumia, Tenshi, Nitori, 18F(this was really weird, damage rushed him so hard that he died without switching forms)

How should I split skill points? Got everyone's tolerances up to 50, Shiki and Nitori have 250 atk(doing 1,6m and 2m with 80%)
Nitori has 3 Gurthangs and Shiki has only one so far...is boosting my atk higher so I can rush more V3s a good idea?

EDIT: Add Youmu and China to the V3 list

If I can stand a chance against most of them at 348...I guess that at the high 300s it will be a good training place?

Also went and put the remaining 10m skillpoints into Shiki's and Nitori's atk...skill lv300, 2,2m Megawatt Gun isn't bad at all.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:24:29 PM by Bananamatic »

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #756 on: July 22, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »
Anyone know the rate at which the Final Boss (version 1)  regenerates HP during her 4th form when only one summon is left alive? I know the boss regenerates, because I did way more than 2 million damage post-3rd summon. I'd like to know so that I can calculate poison damage.

« Reply #757 on: July 23, 2010, 12:41:32 AM »
Anyone know the rate at which the Final Boss (version 1)  regenerates HP during her 4th form when only one summon is left alive? I know the boss regenerates, because I did way more than 2 million damage post-3rd summon. I'd like to know so that I can calculate poison damage.

From the info between the database and the wiki, I believe she only regenerates on turns before all 3 underlings are summoned at the rate of 500,000*number of enemies per turn. Once all 3 are summoned, I don't think she regens anymore, but her HP should still be around the 13,500,000~12,000,000 range, and will only be set to 2,000,000 after she uses Overflowing Natural Power.

Parallaxal

« Reply #758 on: July 23, 2010, 01:01:08 AM »
That can't be right. After the final boss used Overflowing Unnatural Power for the first time, I only needed 550,000 damage to kill her. So unless you're telling me Wriggle's poison was responsible for 1.5 million damage during the fight...

See for yourself: Team Unappreciated vs. Final Boss
Part 1
Part 2

Between the last summon appearing and the final boss using Overflowing Unnatural Power for the first time, I did well over 2 million damage to her, not counting Wriggle's poison. After killing the last summon, I only did an additional 550,000 before the boss died.

Reviewing my past video of this boss fight from my earlier Let's Play, I saw a similar trend; I did at least 2,600,000 damage total after the 3rd summon, and didn't use poison at all that time. Unlike my most recent run, I killed all 3 summons quickly that time, and most of the damage done to the final boss was after Overflowing Unnatural Power. This leads me to conclude that the boss must have some form of regeneration after the three summons are alive.

« Reply #759 on: July 23, 2010, 03:12:45 AM »
So i'm fighting 18F and everyone but Tenshi eventually gets wiped after the first form change.  For lulz I decide to use State of Enlightenment and watch the 0's fly.  Then suddenly, he randomly switched from ice to mystic after attacking several times.  Does that mean I can just time out the battle and only deal with the last form by letting three people die off and having Tenshi solo-tank?

EDIT: Okay nevermind, didn't note the difference between form change and form destruction after watching him go wwater -> mys -> nat -> water again
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:15:07 AM by Esoterica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #760 on: July 23, 2010, 03:14:17 AM »
He'll come back to that form if it's not Form Destruction'd.

Keep your people with DEF/MND buffs up and they shouldn't die much, 18F's attacks really aren't that dangerous.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #761 on: July 23, 2010, 03:15:44 AM »
He'll come back to that form if it's not Form Destruction'd.

Keep your people with DEF/MND buffs up and they shouldn't die much, 18F's attacks really aren't that dangerous.
I must be doing something terribly wrong then, because Yuyuko unbuffed eats a Scarlet Gold Sword for slightly over 8k.

Ha ha, old chap!, my tenshi has enough SP regen to tank him indefinitely though

EDIT: Aww, Flux of Yomoto ruined my fun :C

EDIT2: Reimu's level 97 btw
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:25:35 AM by Esoterica »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #762 on: July 23, 2010, 03:31:30 AM »
Reimu lv97 should be more then enough, just keep buffs up and you should never be in danger.

also, why the heck is YUYUKO being hit by Scarlet Gold Sword? I remember that almost exclusively hitting slot 1, sometimes 2.  Yuyuko can take A physical hit, but her DEF is nowhere near good.

Also, Master Spark to insta-kill his SPI form or you're doing it wrong :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #763 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:52 AM »
Reimu lv97 should be more then enough, just keep buffs up and you should never be in danger.

also, why the heck is YUYUKO being hit by Scarlet Gold Sword? I remember that almost exclusively hitting slot 1, sometimes 2.  Yuyuko can take A physical hit, but her DEF is nowhere near good.

Also, Master Spark to insta-kill his SPI form or you're doing it wrong :V
Yeah, didn't get screwed over before getting a chance to apply buffs at the beginning this time, managed to take out five forms.  Now I'm swamped on lightning with Tenshi taking 0's and Ran as the only character left.  Strategy?  Have Tenshi keep switching out Ran so she can heal while lolinfinitytank BV

Parallaxal

« Reply #764 on: July 23, 2010, 03:38:53 AM »
Personally, I focus more on offense than defense for 18F, although that's partly because the party I just beat him with can't really hope to play defensively well without group DEF/MND buffs from the likes of Reimu and Co. Matching weaknesses is really helpful for this, as getting a double damage boost goes a long way to speed up the fight.

What I do is designate at least one character for each of the elemental forms, and outfit that character to resist all of that form's attacks. For example, Yuyuko is effective against the MYS form, so I'll give her MYS resistance gear (Forbidden Tablet) and debuff resistance gear. This lets me just power my way through each form with a character specifically designed to end it quickly. Usually, exploiting the weakness lets me defeat each form in maybe 3-4 attacks at most.

For the final form, non-elemental attacks tend to work best, as the boss will resist all elements at this point.

NeoSerela: Scarlet Gold Sword hits any of the 4 slots. I've seen the boss snipe Minoriko in the 4th slot with it during one of my earlier runthroughs with Team Unappreciated.

« Reply #765 on: July 23, 2010, 03:44:50 AM »
Personally, I focus more on offense than defense for 18F, although that's partly because the party I just beat him with can't really hope to play defensively well without group DEF/MND buffs from the likes of Reimu and Co. Matching weaknesses is really helpful for this, as getting a double damage boost goes a long way to speed up the fight.

What I do is designate at least one character for each of the elemental forms, and outfit that character to resist all of that form's attacks. For example, Yuyuko is effective against the MYS form, so I'll give her MYS resistance gear (Forbidden Tablet) and debuff resistance gear. This lets me just power my way through each form with a character specifically designed to end it quickly. Usually, exploiting the weakness lets me defeat each form in maybe 3-4 attacks at most.

For the final form, non-elemental attacks tend to work best, as the boss will resist all elements at this point.

NeoSerela: Scarlet Gold Sword hits any of the 4 slots. I've seen the boss snipe Minoriko in the 4th slot with it during one of my earlier runthroughs with Team Unappreciated.
I should probably do that myself.  Except for fire form of course, that one's so loleasy I don't really need to worry about it.  Think this would work?

Water: Orin
Wind: ...Youmu?  I don't have Suwako on the team and I'm not really sure if I've got anyone I can drop due to not using.  Kaguya could probably help with Swallow's Cowrie Shell.
Nature: Youmu/Aya
Mys: Kaguya with Yuyuko as support
Spirit: Rumia
Final: Nitori/Flansocks

and Ha ha, old chap!, still doing Tenshi/Ran tag team, took out MYS form and am halfway through lightning.  Why is this actually working? :V  EDIT: Aw, lightning form ruined my fun.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:51:34 AM by Esoterica »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #766 on: July 23, 2010, 03:51:38 AM »
Aye, on my last playthru, he gold-sworded Marisa to the face, who was in the back spot before I even got to move.

Parallaxal

« Reply #767 on: July 23, 2010, 04:08:53 AM »
What order shall I do the Bloody Seal bosses in? Keep in mind that I'm using Team Unappreciated, so I specialize in status effects, and have more MAG than ATK offenses.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #768 on: July 23, 2010, 04:22:42 AM »
What order shall I do the Bloody Seal bosses in? Keep in mind that I'm using Team Unappreciated, so I specialize in status effects, and have more MAG than ATK offenses.
1F is easier then the final boss (Although you don't have lolspark for it's final phase so...)
Bloody Papa had some glaring weakness I don't remember that made him easy
oh, 6F one isn't that hard except final phase that can't be lolsparked, again
Hibachi requires a higher level I think, as well as Bloody Papa. Don't remember. 1/6F should be doable right away.

« Reply #769 on: July 23, 2010, 04:24:01 AM »
From the info between the database and the wiki, I believe she only regenerates on turns before all 3 underlings are summoned at the rate of 500,000*number of enemies per turn. Once all 3 are summoned, I don't think she regens anymore, but her HP should still be around the 13,500,000~12,000,000 range, and will only  be set to 2,000,000 after she uses Overflowing Natural Power.

the Final Boss' HP is set to 2,000,000 when she summoned the last underling, not when she uses Overflowing Natural Power.
and, for the regenerations, from the database:
Up to the third form, if at the start of the turn, Mari's HP is below (500,000 * number of enemies),
Mari's HP will be recovered back to (500,000 * number of enemies).

so, the most possible scenario is that you damaged her, poisoned her, and kills all the underlings before she gets a turn.
therefore, her HP is not regenerating anymore; and is left with 550k HP.

from the database: Bloody Papa has no resistance to Poison, and low resistance to Debuff.
but, the his mind is sky high that will be a problem for your magic heavy team.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:36:19 AM by gakpakeerror »

Parallaxal

« Reply #770 on: July 23, 2010, 04:57:59 AM »
so, the most possible scenario is that you damaged her, poisoned her, and kills all the underlings before she gets a turn.
therefore, her HP is not regenerating anymore; and is left with 550k HP.

Yeah, I saw that, but it says "up to the 3rd form" for that regeneration formula. It also says that the boss goes into the 4th form after the 3rd summon. The numbers add up, but I'm not sure if the description means after 3rd form or not.

Accidentally ran into Suwako V.2 and beat her. Wriggle used Comet on Earth twice, total damage dealt by poison comes out to 230,000+ (Boss has 1,680,000 HP, I did 1,450,000 damage total). Not bad for a boss that's kind of hard to damage.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #771 on: July 23, 2010, 06:19:25 AM »
1F Bloody Seal will be hellish at the end, but only then really... kinda...
Bloody Papa has O.O Tier MND, so your kinda in trouble for a while...
6F goes High-SPD Nukeage at the end, to the point that even Spark might not get to happen... SoYeah...
Hibachi... I forget practicly everything about it, sorry :V
Spoiler:
Dual Hibachi
... you are ****ed to be honest. One has extreme DEF and the other extreme MND, and whichever one you KO first, the other one goes crazy and Nuke-Spams.

You could have killed 1F and 6F before the Final Boss btw.

Parallaxal

« Reply #772 on: July 23, 2010, 06:55:25 AM »
Yeah...I just found out that 1F and 6F bloody seals were ridiculously easy. As it turns out, Nitori makes a fine substitute for lolspark, especially if you've got Iku buffing her up. 1-shotted the Breakaway form, and took down 1F boss before it could use its low HP ultimate. The fights were so non-memorable that I'm not sure if I'll even upload the videos.  At least Wriggle proved herself to have fine survivability in both fights, shrugging off Needle Parade and Ultimate Light Cannon.

To make up for that, I'll see if I can take down Hibachi and Bloody Papa at level 130-142.

EDIT:

Hey, what do ya know, you guys were right! Bloody Papa does have an enormous weakness that makes him a total joke!  Renko's debuffs neutered him so badly, I cringe from just watching it.

Team Unappreciated vs. Bloody Papa

And for Garlyle: Wriggle's single Comet on Earth did an estimated 100,000 damage from poison in this short fight. It could have been more, depending on how much of Nitori's last attack was overkill.

On the other hand, 9F bloodstained seal boss is currently curbstomping me at my levels, as it has no weakness for me to exploit. Looks like I'll need to grind for this one.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:59:48 AM by Parallaxal »

« Reply #773 on: July 23, 2010, 10:48:11 AM »
Question: Does anyone have an NG+ file that works with the special disk? I tried using the old 2.06 one from earlier in the thread, but that resulted in most characters starting out with a whole lot of experience points.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:50:51 AM by yoshicookiezeus »

« Reply #774 on: July 23, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
asdf quote and modify are not the same

Bananamatic

« Reply #775 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »
Youmu's and Alice's theme returns on F30's randoms.
Pretty damn cool :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #776 on: July 23, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Question: Does anyone have an NG+ file that works with the special disk? I tried using the old 2.06 one from earlier in the thread, but that resulted in most characters starting out with a whole lot of experience points.

I'll give it a check and then put up a clean one if needed.

Bananamatic

« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
Reimu lv380something.

Is it worth grinding for the Winner or just stop at the SoC/Hibachi V2?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #778 on: July 23, 2010, 08:50:32 PM »
I stopped at SoC

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #779 on: July 23, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »
SoC is pretty epic in itself. Although after beating it, 30F grinding should be speeding things up, so...

eh.

Fully explored 13F. Dumped SPD on Nitori and Reisen for them to sweep all the randoms while Sanae sits in the back; yay for trying to get BP for Kaguya.