Author Topic: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition  (Read 221075 times)

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2013, 10:12:10 PM »
Today is Doom's 20 year anniversary, and I'm going to celebrate by playing it pretty much all night. How is this related to Touhou, you ask? Well, I have a music WAD that contains some Touhou music and some other music tracks. And I'm trying to find a different Touhou Doom WAD that isn't made by Terry's minions.

If you find one, please tell me. I need more things to do other than play GTA and Minecraft all of the time.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna take it easy for a while  :yukkuri:

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
Re: You Know You're Addicted To Touhou When ... Vol. 8 Imperishable Night Edition
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »
I went back to find my crappy hack. Forgot my password...
Username I remember, but there's no way to recover my password.
Email Kieran Menor, AKA Ghost of Christmas Past.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #332 on: December 13, 2013, 02:03:57 AM »
This video has a Touhou reference in it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Bt4v4z8OI I recommend you watch the whole video but if you want to see the Touhou reference, then skip to 08:05.

Other then that, I also saw someone at my school again who had hair like Byakuren. I am also still in the habit of circling every 9 I see and I remember saying " You can't be bound by common sense" to my friend although I didn't add the last part which was, In Gensokyo.

Edit: I was doing this post at the same time I was watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0ybQ4JagQ. I just saw another Touhou scene. The section the reference is in starts at 20:38. Another Touhou scene starts at 40:33.( I'm sorry for so many edits but I just thought I would share these moments)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:33:17 AM by KingofBaka »
Normal 1cc: IN,EoSD,MoF,PCB,LoLK-P(403 Retries(Hope to Improve))
Extra Clear:PCB
ISC: All Stages Clear !

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2013, 02:50:26 AM »
This video has a Touhou reference in it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Bt4v4z8OI I recommend you watch the whole video but if you want to see the Touhou reference, then skip to 08:05.

Other then that, I also saw someone at my school again who had hair like Byakuren. I am also still in the habit of circling every 9 I see and I remember saying " You can't be bound by common sense" to my friend although I didn't add the last part which was, In Gensokyo.

Edit: I was doing this post at the same time I was watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0ybQ4JagQ. I just saw another Touhou scene. The section the reference is in starts at 20:38. Another Touhou scene starts at 40:33 and another at 44:34.( I'm sorry for so many edits but I just thought I would share these moments)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:46:58 AM by KingofBaka »

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #334 on: December 13, 2013, 03:18:56 AM »
I didn't write it, but it's hilarious and I'm trying to memorize it.

Jingle Bells (Touhou Edition) ~ Spellcard Spells

Was humming this to myself as I left the store today. 'Tis the season, right?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:27:56 PM by SIRookie »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #335 on: December 13, 2013, 01:45:02 PM »
Last night there was a really powerful wind what was named Seija (that is actually a finnish name). In my head, I imagined Seija flying on the wind flipping stuff over.

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2013, 12:31:06 AM »
When you realize Marisa, under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES should be allowed to have a Klefki.
My fanfics: Touhou Wrecks X!
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness
I made this cool matrixy eye:

« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
When you realize Marisa, under ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES should be allowed to have a Klefki.

I'll second this.  The first thing I thought when I learned it and Fennekin have a Hidden Ability that steals called Magician, I immediately thought that Marisa would get into so much trouble with either of them...

SIRookie

« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »
I was playing D&D the other day, when it suddenly hit me. I made a character who was balanced, relatively useful, gave her a good name, an interesting background, etc etc, but no one in my group seems to notice that. When we were describing clothing, I said "oriental/china dress/clothes" and showed them this picture (Danbooru warning) as reference.

They know nothing of Touhou, but despite that since then they have referred to me and my character as "China". I can't get them to call me any differently, and I don' want to risk hitting one of them because at least one of everyone else's stat is nearly twice mine (for that same stat). (E.g. the rogue has twice my armor class, dwarf has twice my attack, everyone seems to have an hp higher than mine)

Plus I suspect our assassin is using weighted dice.

My point in writing this is to say Meiling, I feel your pain.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:54:39 PM by SIRookie »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2013, 08:27:35 PM »
My chemist teacher mentioned liquid nitrogen and how frogs were at one point used in demonstrations with it to show how it can flash freeze things (now it's generally tennis balls or some other object). I couldn't help but mention Cirno in front of the class. ^^;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2013, 08:27:43 PM »
I drove past a store called "Makai's Plumbing and Pipes" (or something like that) and I got a mental image of Shinki doing plumbing work.

Also, during tech class, there's a guy who says "Help me Erin" on a daily basis (Erin is the teacher's pet of the class). I call him Kaguya but he has no idea why.
A beautiful soulgrudge this cosmic was surely authored by the constellations.

KingofBaka

• The Strongest!
  • and the Dumbest!
« Reply #341 on: December 15, 2013, 12:49:17 AM »
So I was playing Project M 3.0 today and I tried out Mewtwos final smash. If you want to see it for yourself, it is the second one in this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93yM2G6Ggkk

I just couldn't resist yelling out Master Spaaaark in the loudest voice I could while the Final Smash was going. :D

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #342 on: December 15, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
There was a guy with a shirt written Kappa in it... Well, needless to say who I tough of.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

« Reply #343 on: December 15, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
I am genuinely considering composing a Touhou medley and forcing my band teacher to make us play it. I really am. If I were to make it, it'd probably be these songs in this order: Septette for the Dead Princess, Bad Apple!! (The original), Necrofantasia, and X, the Floating Objects in the Sky.  I may or may not have thrown in the last one because it's my favorite.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »
I was looking at a couple of Modern Warfare 3 Chaos Mode videos and... I may be going crazy, but it's kinda like Touhou in quite a few ways:

- There are a lot of enemies at once for you to kill.
- Most of the time you can just spray bullets all voer the damn place and you will kill something.
- You start with a set number of lives and you can gather more the more people you mercilessly kill.
- When the game is over, you see that you end with a ridiculous amount of points, just like Touhou.
- Both games don't last very long.
- Make one mistake and your game is ruined.

And probably a few more. However, unlike Touhou, you can and you WILL get shot at the Chaos Mode. In fact, I don't think it's possible not to get hit in it. (Unless you completely avoid enemy contact, but then you will be missing the entire point of the game mode)
Also, MW3 trades having cute little girls for having guns. Eh, kind of a fair tradeoff. Would be nice to have both.
Also, if you want to see it for yourself and confirm I'm not crazy, here it is.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2013, 04:56:06 AM »
Seija Kaku.

Hang Castle.
What happens when Nue's in a pranky mood and at the same time, Yukari's bored? Pokemon XD: Impostor of Darkness

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
Rockman Peercast 2 has the Top Fiends replaced with Cirno shooting ⑨s.

Phoenix-P

• Reisen...it's punishment time...
  • One Optical Camouflage please
« Reply #348 on: December 21, 2013, 05:54:10 PM »
while remembering cartoons of the past, i found an old series called Kappa Mikey....american cartoon Nitori? lol
The Power of Baka!

SIRookie

« Reply #349 on: December 21, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »
When you do this. Twice. (YouTube)

Actually we play about every other week, these are just the two we recorded.

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
« Reply #350 on: December 22, 2013, 10:05:56 AM »
When the Google Play store recommends to you a Touhou-related app the first time you open it.

« Reply #351 on: December 22, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
When you open up Youtube and almost every video is Touhou related
Same goes for Google search :'D

Also, I wanted to name my black cat either Chen or Sakamoto, but my family didn't like them so now he's called Paris (as in, the Greek one)

« Reply #352 on: December 23, 2013, 08:09:13 PM »
When you rank how difficult something is to do on a scale of Cirno to Utsuho Reiuji.

« Reply #353 on: December 24, 2013, 04:16:07 AM »
When you see an avatar built using a site's avatar building software, and you think it looks like a Touhou character.

« Reply #354 on: December 24, 2013, 05:59:36 AM »
I drove past a store called "Makai's Plumbing and Pipes" (or something like that) and I got a mental image of Shinki doing plumbing work.

Also, during tech class, there's a guy who says "Help me Erin" on a daily basis (Erin is the teacher's pet of the class). I call him Kaguya but he has no idea why.

It's a-me! Margatroid!
checkFINISHED checkFINISHED checkFINISHED
checkcheckcheck FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
checkcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheckcheck
FINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHEDFINISHED
<Die The death>! <Sentence to death>! <Great equalizer is The Death>!

Cybeast710

• CAPCOM MAN
  • OBJECTION!
    • My Let's Plays!
« Reply #355 on: December 24, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »
When you wound up WRITING THIS. A Jingle Bells Parody...

Title: Dan-Ma-Ku

Danmaku,
Danmaku,
Youkai vs. Humans

An age old struggle for supremacy and a fight that never ends!
Hey!

Danmaku,
Danmaku,
Youkai vs. Humans

Fear fueled power in a dark black night for a fight that never ends!

Dashing through the snow!
With a spellcard primed to go!
Looking for a match...
Looking for a foe!

The Shrine Maiden of Dread...
A good kick in the head...
I end up in a grassy field with friends who think I'm dead!

Hey!

Danmaku,
Danmaku,
Youkai vs. Humans

An age old struggle for supremacy and a fight that never ends!
Hey!

Danmaku,
Danmaku,
Youkai vs. Humans

Fear fueled power in a dark black night for a fight that never ends!

« Reply #356 on: December 25, 2013, 12:21:25 PM »
When you confuse a Kamehameha with a Master Spark.

Siro

• Not your usual oni.
  • Captured by spirits.
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2013, 01:39:36 AM »
So I was watching a video called "Painis Cupcake's Revenge [Full]", and I noticed some music in it that sounded very... very... Touhouey? It sounds like something I've heard from Touhou before... but I can't exactly recall it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF1Gdr7KR9Q Here it is. The Touhouey music part starts at around 7:11. Or you can watch the whole thing... it's pretty epic and hilarious.

And then I watched a new "Crappy Doom WADs" video, and sure enough, I heard Sakuya's EoSD theme in it (but a MIDI version instead of... what is it... .wav?). It starts at 24:34.
And if you choose to watch the whole thing... have fun.
Watch it here: [nsfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5nw7y2CY8[/nsfw]
(I tagged it NSFW for a few reasons:
1. Words used in the WADs.
2. "Terry Traps", which may invoke earrape.
3. The WADs are pure terrible (or should I say... TERRYble). Seriously, you have to be 5 times more drunk than Suika to say that they're good...
4. There's a certain weapon... but thank god the video maker heavily pixelated it.
That is all.)

And I found this Ao Oni fangame (a crappy one at that... will people ever stop making crappy games?) called Blockman Oni (dude like totally the most creative title ever like oh my gosh). The game wasn't good. It was just 5 maps slapped together, with the house only being 3 maps and the outside being 2. The oni/monster/whateveryouwannacallit? It's the Blockman Oni from Ao Oni 6.23... but warped. As in the sprite looks like it went in a black hole or something. Worst thing is... it's a demo.
Now, you may ask, how does this relate to Touhou? Well, the chase theme is the ever-so-famous Night of Nights. Yeah. Uh-huh. That music would be better used in a joke game, but I can tell that this game is supposed to be serious. I would post a download to the game... but I don't want you to waste your time with a crappy game.

I swear, the music is spreading faster after each day goes by.

And (Yes, I know I've been using "and" a lot, but you can :yukkuri:) then I went on a Doomcenter (awesome Doom WAD/pk3... I forgot) server, and there were quite a few people there. Well, it turns out, someone recognized the name I use on there "Fujiwara No Mokou (with fire-like colors)" and said: "Hi Mokou from Touhou" ...Nevertheless, I was somewhat surprised. If I keep meeting people that are fans of Touhou on Doom/Steam/Minecraft/whatever other site or community I get on... I might not just be bored all of the time.

Oh boy. That was a lot. Then again, what would you expect from someone if you haven't seen them post in a while?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2013, 02:37:07 PM »
So I was watching a video called "Painis Cupcake's Revenge [Full]", and I noticed some music in it that sounded very... very... Touhouey? It sounds like something I've heard from Touhou before... but I can't exactly recall it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF1Gdr7KR9Q Here it is. The Touhouey music part starts at around 7:11. Or you can watch the whole thing... it's pretty epic and hilarious.

It's Touhouy because it is Touhou. It think it's one of the fighting game pre-battle themes.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #359 on: December 29, 2013, 12:42:24 AM »
Drunk As I Like, from SWR.