Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245089 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #840 on: June 12, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
OP updated with those posts thanks.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #841 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
I thought about it and text replacement should work to create a patch in Chinese, as long as the opener uses Chinese locale and it doesn't cause any weird crashing errors.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #842 on: June 13, 2013, 01:07:25 AM »
qazmlpok, if you are reading this, that means I may have found our image editor. Now I can't be sure about the quality since I barely know her skills and Photoshop, but it's better than nothing.
Any priorities she should take sight on ? Give us some notes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:09:16 AM by kevodanh »

« Reply #843 on: June 13, 2013, 01:35:11 AM »
qazmlpok, if you are reading this, that means I may have found our image editor. Now I can't be sure about the quality since I barely know her skills and Photoshop, but it's better than nothing.
Any priorities she should take sight on ? Give us some notes.

Priority is to do everything at once.

I don't think the image editing will be too hard, as I don't think any of the images require any difficult cleaning. I think the biggest hurdle is just type setting and finding appropriate fonts/sizes that look nice. But I know nothing, so I can't really comment.

Just send me everything once it's done and I'll post an updated img.dxa. Thanks.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #844 on: June 13, 2013, 02:03:19 AM »
How exactly do I get Kogasa again? I do remember beating the boss and getting her umbrella fixed at Nitori's last time, but in this version, when I present her the umbrella, I get a broken scene and don't get it back repaired. Am I missing materials or something?

Sahgren

« Reply #845 on: June 13, 2013, 05:30:32 AM »
It may be a bug. I went to Nitori and she repaired it for me. That, or there really is a material cost now that I don't know about due to me not being able to read Japanese.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #846 on: June 13, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
Finally decided to register here after lurking around for ~5 years. Finished my first run of original LoT. Beaten Mari at Reimu 140. She was one of the hardest bosses i faced. First attempt i left eye mob last and it just kept spamming Djinn Storm over and over and i was pretty much screwed. Beat her on second try. And when she went into her OUP berserk phase i was down to Yukari, Rino, Reimu, Tenshi, Marisa and Nitori. She used Djinn Storm right after OUP and it was slugfest with occasional sparking and occasional megawatts. When last spark hit her i was like [...], and then "omg omg omg".

Gave LoT2 a try despite not speaking japanese at all.
It may be a bug. I went to Nitori and she repaired it for me. That, or there really is a material cost now that I don't know about due to me not being able to read Japanese.
Actually there is some sort of material cost. For me it was like this. Got umbrella from squirrel. Went to Nitori. She said something (i don't speak japanese) and then she gave me back a broken umbrella. I went back to first floor to explore some more. Got some skill points, got some drops from mobs there. Then went back to Nitori. She said something again, but this time there was number 30 in that she said and then she gave me repaired umbrella. So my guess is that it's 30 SKP only or 30 SKP and something else.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #847 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
I'm fairly sure there's a material need now, considering how I have more than 30 SKP ;~;

Even worse, I kind of explored all of 1F and got every treasure on it. The hypothesis that I have, though, is that...
I kind of sold all items I have to buy Rumia's manga meat, so...

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #848 on: June 13, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Bad news boss. The one I've found have some personal matters and won't be staying with us. We have to find someone else.
*sigh* Fucking hell. At least the stuffs in the images are easy to figure out on your own.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #849 on: June 13, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
Since people seemed to be surprisingly interested in the last one, I've made another LoT2-bossvideo, this time against Kaguya. Just like the one against Youmu, it has sound-effects edited in and some strategy in the annotations.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #850 on: June 13, 2013, 09:19:44 PM »
I'm fairly sure there's a material need now, considering how I have more than 30 SKP ;~;

Even worse, I kind of explored all of 1F and got every treasure on it. The hypothesis that I have, though, is that...
I kind of sold all items I have to buy Rumia's manga meat, so...

Try posting screenshots of what Nitori is saying to you. I'll try to figure out what she wants from you.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #851 on: June 14, 2013, 03:52:35 AM »
Try posting screenshots of what Nitori is saying to you. I'll try to figure out what she wants from you.

Aww, I really appreciate the offer!

Problem is, she doesn't say anything anymore; I just come and go in her shop without any dialogues whatsoever. Maybe it required an item that can only be found once in the demo, and I blew my chance...  Oopsie.

« Reply #852 on: June 14, 2013, 12:01:49 PM »
Perhaps it says somewhere on the Japanese wiki?

http://www54.atwiki.jp/thlabyroth2/

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #853 on: June 14, 2013, 02:32:31 PM »
Problem is, she doesn't say anything anymore; I just come and go in her shop without any dialogues whatsoever. Maybe it required an item that can only be found once in the demo, and I blew my chance...
That'd be silly.

It's probably some monster drop that might be annoying to farm back up, though.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #854 on: June 14, 2013, 03:53:27 PM »
Nitori will ask for one 昆虫の外骨格, one 大樹の葉っぱ, and 120 sen.
And then she says it will take about 30 more minutes to finish, and basically tells you to just spend your time as you see fit.
And then she will give you the fixed umbrella.

For me, the three scenes happened straight in a row when I played the game for around 45 minutes,
so I guess you just have to reach 30 minutes of gameplay time.
Signature

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #855 on: June 14, 2013, 04:34:45 PM »
Nitori will ask for one 昆虫の外骨格, one 大樹の葉っぱ, and 120 sen.
And then she says it will take about 30 more minutes to finish, and basically tells you to just spend your time as you see fit.
And then she will give you the fixed umbrella.

For me, the three scenes happened straight in a row when I played the game for around 45 minutes,
so I guess you just have to reach 30 minutes of gameplay time.

Thanks a lot! I'll go check it out.

That'd be silly.

It's probably some monster drop that might be annoying to farm back up, though.

Of course, I didn't *actually* think Kogasa's recruitment was a perma-miss thing, but maaaybe, just maaaybe in the demo, the drop isn't given correctly. I'll go hunt for it anyway.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #856 on: June 15, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »
So i beat Mari and now hunting 2.0 bosses. They're not too hard, but then i met Pudding. And i kinda go splat everytime i fight her. Reimu is at 160. What reasonable level is needed for her?
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #857 on: June 15, 2013, 08:21:51 PM »
Who the heck is pudding?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #858 on: June 15, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
Who the heck is pudding?
I think he/she means Flandre, that's the only name that comes to my mind.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #859 on: June 15, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
ahh yeah, durr, dunno how I didn't see that.

Anyway I really can't remember the level ranges for those bosses but iirc flan, yukari and...eintei? I forget...were the 3 hardest.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #860 on: June 15, 2013, 10:36:42 PM »
Yukari is easy if you use Parallaxal's Safe Mode Strategy especially if you use buffers and heavy hitters.  I won't lie though, she can be a pain even with said strategy you might have to switch up plans to stomp her if someone important gets killed.

Eientei: As much as I'm a fan of them... :colonveeplusalpha:

Flandre: Pretty much make use of what you got; buffs, heals, hitters, tanks, and knowledge of when she's going to use Forbidden Fruit and Laevateinn.

This is my two cents of experience going up against them.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #861 on: June 15, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
Does anyone know what causes FOEs to respawn in Labyrinth 2?

And does anyone have a translation of
Spoiler:
Chen's
skills?  The wiki is only missing hers.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #862 on: June 16, 2013, 02:05:26 AM »
For FOEs, the respawn is most likely based on in-game time, but don't quote me on that.

For
Spoiler:
Chen
, it should be up very soon, just didn't bother putting it up yet

Also, updating my sheets with Spells Description (not all of them are done, since I wasn't sure on what they meant, but spell descriptions are mostly just flavor stuff, nothing very important) on the Character Specifics and all events on 1F are transcribed on the main doc (except
Spoiler:
Mystia
, didn't reach that yet with the game I use just to write the events). Unless someone has already started it, I will do some basic translation on the smaller parts of the story and system message, don't expect the entire introduction, that's a bit much for me for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqa6bencff8cg80/lot2translationstuff.rar
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 03:53:20 AM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #863 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:09 PM »
Has anybody ever tried a MAG iku?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #864 on: June 17, 2013, 01:09:17 AM »
Has anybody ever tried a MAG iku?
It's terrible, why would you?

She isn't an incredible magic tank anymore, and none of her attacks are very good.

All she wants to is buff other people offensively, a MAG build really doesn't change that; it only makes her a little better in randoms since Iku tends to go after all the attackers anyway.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #865 on: June 17, 2013, 03:09:25 AM »
For FOEs, the respawn is most likely based on in-game time, but don't quote me on that.

For
Spoiler:
Chen
, it should be up very soon, just didn't bother putting it up yet

Also, updating my sheets with Spells Description (not all of them are done, since I wasn't sure on what they meant, but spell descriptions are mostly just flavor stuff, nothing very important) on the Character Specifics and all events on 1F are transcribed on the main doc (except
Spoiler:
Mystia
, didn't reach that yet with the game I use just to write the events). Unless someone has already started it, I will do some basic translation on the smaller parts of the story and system message, don't expect the entire introduction, that's a bit much for me for now.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aqa6bencff8cg80/lot2translationstuff.rar

Thanks.

Two translation notes:

Spoiler:
For Rumia's Ability to Manipulate Darkness, why list it as "(SLv*10 + SLv*2)" instead of just "SLv*12"?

For Youmu's Last Moment's Latent Energy, you have "(20 + SLv * 2)%" written, when it should be "(20 + SLv * 20)%".

Is there any way to get more chest keys in the demo, or do you just have to choose 2 to not get?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #866 on: June 17, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
For
Spoiler:
Youmu's Last Moment Latent Energy
, that's me making a typo.
For
Spoiler:
Rumia's Ability to Manipulate Darkness
, it was actually written that way in the first demo, and we forgot to change it after they made the change in the second demo.

If there's anything else anyone can see that's wrong or could be changed for a better translation, just post it here and I'll put it in next time I update the files on mediafire.

Spoiler:
Also, SDM crew going on a picnic, why am I not surprised by that?
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

« Reply #867 on: June 18, 2013, 12:36:28 AM »
Has anybody found a way to edit lab1 files? like for example trying to add enemy attacks into the characters or changing their growts rates to buff/nerf certain ones......

« Reply #868 on: June 18, 2013, 01:12:38 AM »
Has anybody found a way to edit lab1 files? like for example trying to add enemy attacks into the characters or changing their growts rates to buff/nerf certain ones......
There are no "files", per se. Everything is built into the exe itself. Everything. Dialogue, for example, is done by calling a function with the two optional visible sprites and four lines of dialogue to display. Multiple windows are shown by just calling this function over and over again. While it's not impossible to change stuff, it's going to be so difficult that I can't recommend trying.

With how poorly done a lot of the stuff in the game seems to be, I'm amazed that it works at all.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #869 on: June 18, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
So since I can't stop thinking about Labyrinth since I found out about the sequel, I decided to try an idea that someone else in this thread had: random party!

So I wrote a quick C++ program to determine my party, and it turned out to be:

Marisa
Alice
Rumia
Aya
Tenshi
Flandre
Yuyuko
Kaguya
Maribel
Utsuho
Mystia
Shikieiki

I just beat Alice, and it hasn't been too bad so far.  Youmu has been by far the hardest due to no Reimu defensive buffs.

Lots of late game characters that have SP problems initially.  In addition, I'm forcing myself to not DTH any bosses before I would've gotten Komachi, which means that Shikieiki literally couldn't do anything to bosses for the first 3 floors for fear of DTHing them.

My only heal is Rumia, so that'll be...fun.  My team is abysmal at buffing, but fairly good at debuffing, which has been very helpful so far.  Mystia was a godsend, and Maribel's turning out to be very useful.

My sweeping team is Aya, Alice, Mystia, and Marisa.  Aya's already starting to fall off, sadly, and she'll likely stay that way until I have tons of SP.

I've gotten to 30F in previous games, but I've never beaten it, so we'll see how far I can get with this team.