Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245110 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #540 on: April 03, 2013, 02:21:45 AM »
I decided to start playing this game again recently (good timing too, now that I see all the news about LoT2), and wanted to see if you all could help me resolve a small issue with my game. Namely, some text that is untranslated (some of which may not have been stored as text, if I guess correctly, and may have been part of images). Specifically, the Battle Finished! text, the text in the top left/bottom left when exploring, and the labels for the 5 locations in gensokyo (sdm, akyu's, dungeon, etc.). Is there an updated patch I should be using to fix these minor things, as I've noticed in others screenshots that these things have been translated.

Also, since I was replaying it again, decided to completely empty the charagraph and replace with a unified character set (aside from those who werent included) from the touhou pocket wars set. Fun playing again with a ton of different illustrations. Also, kind of funny that I'm choosing to play this again rather than play EO4 haha.

« Reply #541 on: April 03, 2013, 03:22:12 AM »
The patch didn't apply to the img.dxa and img2.dxa files. If you run it again on a fresh install it might work.

« Reply #542 on: April 03, 2013, 04:19:36 AM »
The patch didn't apply to the img.dxa and img2.dxa files. If you run it again on a fresh install it might work.

Did a fresh install and re-patched, and it worked beautifully. They were such minor issues, but its nice to see them gone now. Who knows why the english patch didn't take on the img.dxa and img2.dxa files originally.

« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2013, 02:03:50 PM »
Kedagramaton, yuuka kazami and utsuho defeated, Grinding on 27F for the bloodstained bosses V2 and 30F minibosses, So far i have been grinding there alot and i havent found a single guntharg drop from the black knights

-Current setup until finishing game
Meiling
Reimu
Marisa
Orin
Yuuka
Utsuho
Kaguya
Yukari
Kanako (gonna give her a second chance to try her potential)
Renko
Chen
Flandre

Current level Chen 311

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #544 on: April 05, 2013, 07:42:59 AM »
double hibachi V2 may be frusterating since it seems all your physical nukes are squishtastic.

« Reply #545 on: April 05, 2013, 01:23:49 PM »
Seems like kanako is as bad as ever, The possible people to replace her that i have used trought the run sometimes are Eiki, Komachi, Yuugi or nitori, Eiki and nitori did alot agaisnt okuu with judgement+waterfall, Yuugi I ditched her around Floor 19 but did great in all the boss battles, and Komachi just did alot agaisnt SPI weak enemies and tanking eiki boss judgement, Overall i think i am replacing kanako and putting yuugi back in, that makes my team lack WND and CLD nukers, and having mostly fire nukers, But with kaguya stone bowl and yukari spiring away support i think i can manage it,Eiki is also a strong option to her non elemental piercing move and with her HP she can take a hit or two before switching out

Replaced kanako with yuugi And chen with Eiki, lets see how it goes
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:58:17 PM by DarkAtma »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #546 on: April 05, 2013, 03:30:56 PM »
This far in you don't need to worry about elemental coverage. Heck, they're irritating as hell to use against  the Serpent of Chaos.

Nitori is probably your best bet out of those because Megawatt is insane. Yuugi could maybe be chosen because this late in, you can afford to pump affinities with skillpoints; suddenly, Yuugi becomes MASTER TANK with AWESOME NUKING at the same time. Komachi does have the gimmick of nuker that can reliably take a hit or two in the field.

Eiki is uninteresting because Nitori does her nonelemental nuke better. Unless you wanted to try spamming her debuff attack in a MAG build...
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #547 on: April 05, 2013, 03:56:06 PM »
I'm kinda surprised Utsuho wasn't replaced first, actually. I've always found Kanako far more useful than Utsuho.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #548 on: April 05, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
Hello!

Don't know if any of you remember me but I'm continuing my draft run (and Let's Play) of Labyrinth of Touhou and will hopefully be uploading more frequently in the future.

I started a new thread for all my Let's Play things here, so check that out if you want to see my progress. I've currently made it past Alice with a rather interesting battle.

« Reply #549 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »
i have watchef paraxal v2.06 videos and its not just meiling or youmu animations missing,also noticed yuuka reflowering and alice dolls on boss have missing animations,so has anybody found a way to fix them? EDIT; i remember someone replied to this question but didnt provided a fix,sorry for asking such things again, here is a para vid for reference http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=T5JVDlp1bWM&feature=relmfu    notice dolls buffing and yuuka healing spells
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:08:03 PM by DarkAtma »

« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2013, 11:15:54 PM »
i have watchef paraxal v2.06 videos and its not just meiling or youmu animations missing,also noticed yuuka reflowering and alice dolls on boss have missing animations,so has anybody found a way to fix them? EDIT; i remember someone replied to this question but didnt provided a fix,sorry for asking such things again, here is a para vid for reference http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=T5JVDlp1bWM&feature=relmfu    notice dolls buffing and yuuka healing spells

The Alice graphic there is the exact same one used by Youmu, so it's fixed with Youmu's as well. Do you have a video for Yuuka's?

I've fixed the graphic issues for Youmu and Meiling (and thus also Alice's one there), but I'm not going to release anything unless I can get a fix for the missing Plus-disk playerboss sounds (Yuuka, Okuu, Eiki). I've tried doing it myself, but the amount of assembly hacking necessary for this is beyond me.

« Reply #551 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »
The Alice graphic there is the exact same one used by Youmu, so it's fixed with Youmu's as well. Do you have a video for Yuuka's?

I've fixed the graphic issues for Youmu and Meiling (and thus also Alice's one there), but I'm not going to release anything unless I can get a fix for the missing Plus-disk playerboss sounds (Yuuka, Okuu, Eiki). I've tried doing it myself, but the amount of assembly hacking necessary for this is beyond me.

I believe yuuka one is on the video too when she uses her recovery spell, the circle below her petal flowers, i believe its the same as meiling

« Reply #552 on: April 07, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
I believe yuuka one is on the video too when she uses her recovery spell, the circle below her petal flowers, i believe its the same as meiling
oh, I didn't notice that was an NG+ game. Yeah, that's fixed too.

« Reply #553 on: April 07, 2013, 01:00:54 AM »
oh, I didn't notice that was an NG+ game. Yeah, that's fixed too.

What program i require so maybe i can figure out myself to brute force fix the animations?  :getdown:

EDIT

Defeated Master wings of light blah blah V2, Still i havent gotten a gungtar drop from the black knighs, who has gotten one from those to confirm its not bugged?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:20:36 AM by DarkAtma »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #554 on: April 07, 2013, 03:48:49 AM »
Currently working on Version 2 of my Alphes CharaGraph set! Here's a preview of what's to come!

My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #555 on: April 07, 2013, 05:23:07 AM »
Defeated Master wings of light blah blah V2, Still i havent gotten a gungtar drop from the black knighs, who has gotten one from those to confirm its not bugged?
I just tried for about a half hour but did not get one, but in theory it's a 1% drop so I'm not surprised I didn't get any.  I have at least 4 in my inventory however, so I must have gotten some drops from Black Knights.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2013, 10:18:09 AM »
Black Knights should definitely be dropping Gurthangs. You're probably just a little unlucky.

« Reply #557 on: April 07, 2013, 02:12:50 PM »
finally got 1 gungthar, need 2-3 more for flandre who currently has 200k+ atk

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:36 PM »
The drop rate is incredibly low (0.977%) , it's just that you fight so many while farming 27f you're likely to eventually get one. I was insanely lucky and got two in one battle and another the next battle, somehow. By the time I fought Winner I had more then I could use and sold several. That being said they're pretty much the best equipment for an ATK-based glass cannon (along with one of something that boosts both ATK and PAR resist for Iku buffs), unless it's Chen/Aya in which case you could consider something that also boosts SPD.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2013, 09:57:57 PM »
After farming ZUN hats for an hour or so, and leveling to reimu lv386 i managed to defeat bloody papaV2 and himachi-sama V2, Only centureas beast V2 remaining in the way.

EDIT
All bloodstained V2 defeated
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:19:37 PM by DarkAtma »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #560 on: April 09, 2013, 09:34:36 AM »
Eiki is uninteresting because Nitori does her nonelemental nuke better. Unless you wanted to try spamming her debuff attack in a MAG build...

I just noticed this.
Thing with Eiki is since her nuke ignores defense, you don't actually lose much by not having an atk-build.. I make her mnd build and she has a powerful defense ignore nuke, AND she's pretty tanky for magic damage...Her natural resistances are also really something else sooo unlike nitori, you can intentionally rotate her into the back 2 slots against virtually any boss and count on her to survive the most powerful of non party-wipe nukes except for maybe needle parade, or something like that.

And I wouldn't say kanako is bad really.. her damage is just never really amazing, but she's pretty durable...She's kinda like what reimu would be like if she had nukes instead of support spells. Would I suggest her in a "power" group? No, but I wouldn't really make funny faces at people mentioning her either....She IS a pretty boring character though IMO.

And yeah worrying about elemental spread is pretty useless in this game, cold and wind are really unimportant anyway, along with Nature, which I can't really remember being useful for anything in particular but Yukari.

Seriously that group is fine, not what I'd say the best possible one, maybe not even close, but I'd say it's wayyy closer to perfect than unplayable. Like I said the only thing I noticed is a lack of non-squishy physical nukes. Though that isn't probably going to be much of an issue since you seem to have alot of defense ignoring nukes, and some offensive supporters like yukari and kaggy...Though you prob use kaggy for her defense ignore nukes too. I prefer stone bowl myself =P. Stone bowl+eiki nuke/nitori nuke/yugi 3ko is about as strong as barrage, and it comes with a cool buff, and it has less delay, and it allows me for yet another mnd build with little to no downside (even without mag barrage effectively ruins trash)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #561 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
I just noticed this.
Thing with Eiki is since her nuke ignores defense, you don't actually lose much by not having an atk-build.

Uh, it's a 666% multiplier. You lose quite a lot of damage.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #562 on: April 09, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
I don't think there's any character seriously worth using for attacking if you focus on a defense stat. You start losing too much damage potential in comparison to switch-in switch-out glass cannons.

As you get into later Plus though, full offense builds still have some pretty tanky people, though.

Mid/late Plus Disk, moderately durable people like Alice and Yuyuko are your "mind tanky nukers" when in a full MAG build. I used them both personally this way and it worked wonderfully, except against the couple of plus-disk bosses who resist SPI in Yuyuko's case >_>; (This includes Serpent of Chaos who is -never- vulnerable to WND or SPI) Alice I basically never took out of my party after I got her, Yuyuko I switched in at like 27F. (After you defeat Eiki any time is fine; unlike Alice she deals full glass cannon-tier nuke damage but she's got other downsides like SPI-only and high sp cost nuke even for plus)

Considering in late plus you can start affording to really pump up affinities, 600~800 affinity can replace the MND stat, making high-def/hp low-mnd nukers like Yuugi and Youmu suddenly become extremely tanky (Or just make any nuker with good HP become able to take the back row) Some Plus Disk equipment will boost affinities by huge amounts which can help with this.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:57:05 AM by Serela »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #563 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »
Uh, it's a 666% multiplier. You lose quite a lot of damage.

Somehow i just knew someone was gonna say that.

Its defense ignore though...basically there is no defense threshold it worries about.

For example, attacks with terrible defense piercing qualities gain more from higher atk buffs and stats because unaided, alot of its potential damage gets "soaked" by the enemy's defense, so if you double the attack on a spell which may BARELY penetrate defenses, its damage will in fact multiply by a huge amount like 10, or even 100x more damage.

If you double the attack on a defense ignore attack however, its damage will only double. Im not saying atk is bad on eiki, im just sayin that she loses a lot less for not having her level up bonuses invested in it than than say someone like chen, aya, kanako, etc.

« Reply #564 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:31 PM »
How much is patchy usefullness post-game? currently farming rinnosuke/yukari/Yuuka/okuu V3 for their drops, Alice and mokou are too much of a problem to handle for me

EDIT

Question if this is possible: its possible to reset a character level using cheat engine or other tool? Like if i screwed someone build or something
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:55:42 PM by DarkAtma »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2013, 01:03:06 AM »
If you're already fighting v3s, you should probably just keep your current party members. SKP loss and less exp due to not being in the active party hurts bringing anyone new in, so unless it was a really big upgrade...

That being said, Patch should be a nigh-magic-immune (when fighting at the proper levels for the enemy) nuker with low enough delay to stay in and keep going. That should be pretty nice for endgame.

You can reset their levels, yes. I've done it, although I've forgotten the correct way to go about it. I think it had to do with not cheat engine, but copying over files between save folders and then cheat engine-ing the character's EXP back. Don't ask me on the specifics.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #566 on: April 10, 2013, 02:04:20 AM »
Patchy never really lost her usefulness to me.

At first, she just kinda wipes every random encounter with Royal Flare.

Later on, with high defenses boss that aren't in groups / Weak to fire (Past Alice, basically), her silent selene is a godly boss nuke.

At around Eientei and beyond, your Patchy should be able to take spells in the face like they were a breeze.

Beyond that, it's kind of a mix of all three. (I'm talking about end-game here)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #567 on: April 10, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »
I agree patchy is always useful just about but i actually found her to be minda hard to use right at the level 20-21 gap... Like so many o the v2 bosses bave arrow rain, or seem more lrone to usin single target physicals to the back, and the bloody seal bosses offen have stuff like needle parade or whatever... But yeah after that bit she should be pretty iseful again.

Another big plus is how cheap her nukes are. So those djinn storm/destroy magic bosses down really neuter her for very long at all.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #568 on: April 10, 2013, 07:27:01 AM »
All the stat details can be adjusted with cheat engine. Character level, stat level, stat base value, stat bonus percentage and even what they've got equipped. The only problem is that you have to know what the base value back at level 1 was. I've never documented it but I know there's a lot of stuff that won't change even if you just change their character level stat. The EXP/SKP refund just takes a bit of maths. A character's levelup rating is directly proportional to how many points they need. Again, nothing really researched on this in terms of exact figures.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #569 on: April 10, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
Continuing my draft run from ages ago, I defeated Tam's Foe and Yuugi back to back at Reimu level 28.  Tam's Foe was a close fight-Reimu had 50 HP left and no one else was alive when I Fantasy Sealed it to death.

Also I got a Fragment of Soul and Cloak of the Bat from the same 8F encounter, then this happened.
[attach=1]