Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XII "Stupid Walls of Cussing" Edition  (Read 195283 times)

Zil

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XII CAVE Arcade Edition
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2012, 07:47:58 PM »
Actually there have been times when playing TD at 90fps when I could have sworn I bombed in time but got hit regardless. I wonder if VPatch may really do something to it.

Also, that's enough for now. Playing TD at 90fps is not as fun as it should be, since I end up bombing everything for trance. I'm going to try... UFO.

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:30 PM »
I guess its cause bomb timing is a little fucked up compared to the rest of the games, I think. People, refrain from posting solely large images.

It's quite a normal thing to bomb too slowly and die as a result. That might give the illusion that there is something wrong with the bombing or something since you are so damned certain that you bombed but in most cases, it's just the player not bombing in time.

Zil

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Alright forget what I just said. I am going to kill Ten Desires. I just no-deathed all the way to Score Desire Eater and then died 4 times in a row to it.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 09:29:15 PM »
Alright forget what I just said. I am going to kill Ten Desires. I just no-deathed all the way to Score Desire Eater and then died 4 times in a row to it.
I suggest having a full trance at that point, cause even timing it out at 90 fps is insane. And actually the one more thing i dont like about Yoshika is 2 of 6 her attacks wont give you spirits while dealing damage.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »
Lunatic? Just time it out. I've never even tried to capture it. If you're just clipping kunai forever then yeah that sucks :< edit: oh 90fps eww yeah
Last night I was gettin' mad at 'almost's a lot. Like whoops you accidentally left an enemy aliveand moved on to the next one and it shot extra stuff you didn't expect to be there and died, or you got hit by a bullet at the end of a spellcard and the your deathwave killed the spell off, etc. That stuff drives me crazy. Happens a lot with bullet-clearing enemies in Cave games too.

Zil

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »
Oh no worries. It's easy to timeout even at 90fps when you learn how the lasers go. I was being hit by cosmic rays or something which turned me into a prollyfister.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2012, 10:02:05 PM »
Well, I got to Full Moon Pompokolin.

And then clipped at the halfway point.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »
Better than clipping as she's exploding. Twice.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2012, 10:40:24 PM »
It's quite a normal thing to bomb too slowly and die as a result. That might give the illusion that there is something wrong with the bombing or something since you are so damned certain that you bombed but in most cases, it's just the player not bombing in time.
I can see that happening once or twice in a run but when the bomb key has a less than 1-in-5 success rate, something is WRONG.

What really sealed it for me was pressing the bomb key and getting hit so much later that I was able to actually realize that the game hadn't bombed and press the bomb button again, and then getting hit before it registered THAT one.

Suffice it to say I am not bothering with 90FPS TD for quite some time. I don't think any other Touhou has this problem for me.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
Can't say I've ever had that issue with any of the games. I assume you tried your bombs on other Touhou games, too, just to make sure you don't have some old Doritos crumbs under the X key or something?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »
Yeah, it sounds odd. There might be some issue with your keyboard as Ammy suggested. Personally I find that the bomb key works everytime. If I don't bomb before getting hit then its just cause' i reacted too slowly. If your bombing have a 1 in 5 success rate then it might simply be that your reaction time isn't fast enough. I have many ugly experiences with that. You'll be like, 'the fuck man? I bombed!' but really, its usually always your own fault.

Again, it might be something with your keyboard. Are you playing on a laptop? Some laptops have some BS about them that causes only a limited amount of button presses being possible at once.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »
Better than clipping as she's exploding. Twice.

Reminds me of the times Satori ran into me right as she explodes at the end of BoWaP -_-

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2012, 12:44:51 AM »
So I finally get one run for this week's scoring challenge that performs all but one part exactly as mithril did up to Stage 4. That one mistake causes me to fail hard on Seiga, but that's not news or anything.

In what feels like dozens of tries past that, I couldn't even get to boss-Kyouko without dying somewhere really stupidly.

Blargh.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »
I...failed to 1cc IN ultra normal.
I thought it was one of the easier ones?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
I...failed to 1cc IN ultra normal.
I thought it was one of the easier ones?
That belongs more to derp thread unless you failed like on the last second on last spell or something :V Also wich version (with or without autobombs) have you used? It's like IN wich makes autodeathbombing worthless.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Tengukami

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »
Re: bomb reaction times. There was a study done on subjective time once, where subjects would have to click on a shape appearing at a random point on the screen, which would produce a flash and then the disappearance of the shape. Speeding up the process led to some interesting time distortions, such as believing the flash had occurred a few moments after the click.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2012, 02:48:11 AM »
5D Miko Hard :I

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2012, 03:05:13 AM »
That belongs more to derp thread unless you failed like on the last second on last spell or something :V Also wich version (with or without autobombs) have you used? It's like IN wich makes autodeathbombing worthless.
2/3 of the way through the final spellcard, yes.
auto-deathbombs, not that it changed anything

Tengukami

« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »

I apparently need to do some more reading on this game. I was cruising with my hands behind my head right up until Aya, who seems to be able to fill her charge really damn fast, laying down spellcards on top of spellcards and - like the troll of Gensokyo she is - usually waiting for Lily to appear in my half before doubling up her spellcards.

I rage because I have underestimated this game, and clearly need to learn more. In my defense, I couldn't even get the game to run until very recently, after updating my graphics card driver.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2012, 02:51:32 PM »
*death to stealth kunai @ EoSD S3 with 4 (full) bombs*

"Uh, fuck

oh hey there Meiling

well if I want to redeem this run I need to-"

*clipdeath by opener, again with full bombs*

"...you have got to be shitting me."

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2012, 03:03:55 PM »
*fails the fuck out of stage 5 on PCB Hard*

"Well shit, let's see if I can get an extra life"

*dies to fairy bullet spam due to not realizing he didn't have bombs*

"SHIT."

*Gets to Yuyuko and dies to the first spellcard. With FOUR BOMBS.*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

"Well, let's see if we can get there again..."

*dies three times in stage 4 before the Prismriver Sisters, shuts off the game, and goes to cry in the corner*
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »
So I died to Rumia's final card.

"Pfft, watch me derp on Cirno next time."

5 minutes and a restart later...

So I died to Cirno's final card.

Fuck this game.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2012, 04:26:14 PM »

I apparently need to do some more reading on this game. I was cruising with my hands behind my head right up until Aya, who seems to be able to fill her charge really damn fast, laying down spellcards on top of spellcards and - like the troll of Gensokyo she is - usually waiting for Lily to appear in my half before doubling up her spellcards.

I rage because I have underestimated this game, and clearly need to learn more. In my defense, I couldn't even get the game to run until very recently, after updating my graphics card driver.

No matter which difficulty you start on, the game basically starts at stage 6. That's when the AI suddenly starts up, and killing them without dying once becomes much more difficult.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2012, 04:40:06 PM »
No matter which difficulty you start on, the game basically starts at stage 6. That's when the AI suddenly starts up, and killing them without dying once becomes much more difficult.
That's pretty much it. From stage 6 onward, the AI becomes a total trollefest.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
That's pretty much it. From stage 6 onward, the AI becomes a total trollefest.
Stage 6 is only half-trollfest.
7 and 8 are total trollfest and Shikieiki is  :getdown: around the bullets (although she can be beaten first round if you're skilled enough, I TASed the stage with Reimu and perfected it)

Tengukami

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XII CAVE Edition
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
Well! This is good to know. And here I am just easy-peasy breezing through the first five stages like "Man, this game is a SNAP!" only to get tengu-fan-spanked in Stage 7.

And look how close I was! She was thisclose to being the dead parrot.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
And look how close I was! She was thisclose to being the dead parrot.
Aya in particular has the best AI survivability due to her high unfocused speed.
So she was probably at least 20 seconds away from going down.

ULTRA RISING WORLD WHY DO YOU KEEP KILLING ME AT 5 SECONDS LEFT WITH A TURBO BULLET THAT'S HIDDEN BEHIND THE CARDS FROM THE PRIOR PHASE SO I CAN'T EVEN SEE IT UNTIL IT HITS ME.
THREE TIMES IN A ROW

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Aya in particular has the best AI survivability due to her high unfocused speed.

Yep, more than likely the case. It's always hard to look at the enemy having only half a sliver of health left and assuming that it will be over soon. Most of the time, the AI will just refuse to die while you scramble to gather Spell after Spell in a hopeless attempt to bring the battle to a quick end.

Take it easy and enjoy, Stage 7 is almost always the coolest in PoFV. I think the worst I had was a 2 minute match with Aya in round 3, not like I mind battling her for more than 6 minutes total, Aya's moves and the BGM make it a lot of fun.

I think only Stage 9 is better as long as you're not getting curbstomped and can actually put on a fight, then it gets epic max, especially thanks to the BGM and the huge, huge amounts of bullets, not to mention the pressure. God, I love PoFV.

Tengukami

« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »
Take it easy and enjoy, Stage 7 is almost always the coolest in PoFV. I think the worst I had was a 2 minute match with Aya in round 3, not like I mind battling her for more than 6 minutes total, Aya's moves and the BGM make it a lot of fun.

Oh, I enjoyed myself, definitely. Fighting or playing Aya is always a pleasure.

Zil

« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:59 PM »
Ah ha ha. This reminds me of something I meant to rage about here but never did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVNRsjkPkEY

3 and a half minutes (technically) against Reisen in stage 6. I still lost of course, nevermind how she was down to a half orb halfway through the match.
First round victories are nearly impossible from stage 6 onward.
Depending on what round that match was she was probably even more than 20 seconds away. Being Youmu doesn't help.