Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223704 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #480 on: February 06, 2012, 01:54:22 AM »
i suppose it's normal (or easy lol).

Pretty rich laughing at someone for playing Easy Mode when your advice is "bomb everything", don't you think? People play at different difficulties and this guy's asking for advice; no need to tease him about his difficulty level.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yukari-Chan

• Excuse me while I prepare /your/ demise. <3 TSO
« Reply #481 on: February 06, 2012, 01:59:04 AM »
BHISBVSOHFSBUSFGU8ISFUISHFSIVBUGFSUFSBFUSGVYDBSUFVYVS!

This is my tenth time dying on Sakuya's Misdirection. I'm playing Normal modo and she throws sucker punches at me! Any tips?
" Borders are Borders. They were meant to be manipulated and mistreated. "

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #482 on: February 06, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
Pretty rich laughing at someone for playing Easy Mode when your advice is "bomb everything", don't you think? People play at different difficulties and this guy's asking for advice; no need to tease him about his difficulty level.
Oh sorry. I didnt mean i'm laughing. I was sure he plays normal, but noticed same spell names on easy and found it funny. xForeverFanaticx sorry if that hurted you :blush:
This is my tenth time dying on Sakuya's Misdirection. I'm playing Normal modo and she throws sucker punches at me! Any tips?
Sakuya's Misdirection on normal is just streaming. Sit at the bottom and tap-tap a little as she shoots from one place she spawns to another.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #483 on: February 06, 2012, 04:55:57 AM »
Resurrection Butterfly. On normal. And I'm not that bad of a player - I can beat EoSD on hard, at least. But I have some sort of stupid mental block with the curvy red butterflies where I can't read them at all - I would probably do nearly as well with my eyes closed. It's bad.

Zil

« Reply #484 on: February 06, 2012, 05:08:37 AM »
Try to read the red butterflies before they start moving by looking midway up the screen. It's kind of like Eternal Meek; keep you eyes on the bullets rather than your hitbox. If you've unlocked SFN in IN that's a great way to practice it.
Also I think on Normal you can just go way up and move through the red rings before they even unfold.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #485 on: February 06, 2012, 05:15:58 AM »
Also I think on Normal you can just go way up and move through the red rings before they even unfold.
I do this on both normal and hard mode.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #486 on: February 06, 2012, 05:27:35 AM »
^ Yeah, this way is quite easy. On normal mode, there aren't even bubbles to thwart you.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #487 on: February 06, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
I did that on Lunatic as well.  It's much easier than staying lower on the screen and dealing with the unfolding waves.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #488 on: February 06, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
:\ I still can't really get it... @@
Oh and I'm not offended in any way btw (I actually tried it out on easy a few times to see how it was on SA as well, and the difference there is much bigger IMO ._. Normal is too hard on SA)

Anyway, Orin's still deadly, Yuugi's Unnatural Phenomenon is also still killing me, although I notice that the twisting stream to your left is fairly safer at the bottom than the others :\ Capture it inconsistently.

Zil

« Reply #489 on: February 06, 2012, 11:06:27 PM »
Unnatural Phenomenon is static, so try to do it the same way every time. Hopefully find a path that does not require full power to work.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #490 on: February 07, 2012, 12:39:20 AM »
Eeeehhh... I think I got Unnatural Phenomenon now ^^ Don't know how to describe it tho.... :\

Stage 5 is still wiping me of my lives, although I managed to get to stage 6 with 1 life remaining (which I promptly lost just before Utsuho (stupid BoWaP-like fairies... And Marisa's large hitbox...) And I died on her first spellcard after bombing >~<

For the nonspell where Orin goes left and right, leaving spirits that shoot omnidirectional streams of blues, and then shoots her own wave of diamond bullets, should I stay close underneath her? This way removes the obstacle of the diamond bullets, so I'm guessing it's right or recommended :\
Is the nonspell after Spleen Eater related to your position? I can't seem to find a trick to it... Or is it just pure dodging? >~<

Yuugi's upgraded nonspell... I'm still directing to the corners ._."

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #491 on: February 07, 2012, 12:56:27 AM »
Yuugi's upgraded nonspell... I'm still directing to the corners ._."
Here i found a good example of how it works. It's lunatic, but you can see that yellow bursts are kinda "reflected" blue ones. So their movement depends on your position too i suppose ::)
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Zil

« Reply #492 on: February 07, 2012, 12:57:37 AM »
Orin's second nonspell can be done by standing right under her, but you can also just stream at the bottom of the screen. The third nonspell is static though randomly oriented, so your position is irrelevent, but learning to recognize the pattern helps tremendously.

For those BoWaP things before Utsuho they drop enough power to completely restore a bomb, so if you're at full power you can just bomb them and still reach Utsuho at the same power. Also Orin's stage 6 spell drops at least 2.00, so you can safely bomb that too if needed. Just in case you aren't already doing this, MarisaB's bomb is best used right on top of the boss. If you know a spell is too hard to capture you can stand right in front of the boss and bomb as soon as the spell begins. Switch to wood element and stand on top of her so every shot hits and you'll do enough damage to end almost any spell instantly. Better than bombing at the bottom of the screen which does no damage. It's more of an offensive bomb than a defensive one. ;)

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #493 on: February 07, 2012, 12:59:16 AM »
Hey people of HmE! Can someone tell me how to clear Philosopher Stone and Counter Clock? Having trouble and I almost 1cced Flandre till I died like, all my lives at Counter Clock.

Zil

« Reply #494 on: February 07, 2012, 01:08:58 AM »
Counter Clock is pretty simple if you do it right, but it's hard to describe so here's a replay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0TlVFU3XY
Basically you want to make sure you get to the right side quickly enough. That part towards the end of the spell when I move up in the center is actually not needed. If you're right at the bottom center the laser blades won't hit you.

For Philosopher's Stone I'd recommend staying in the middle and trying to use vertical movement. Some bullets are aimed so if you don't scramble around too much you don't have to worry about them. Having said that, this is still one of the hardest parts of the stage so you can afford to bomb it and still have adequate resources for the rest of the stage.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:12:55 AM by Zil »

Yukari-Chan

« Reply #495 on: February 07, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »
Thanks Zil. I'll try that right now. By the way, you could use the safespot at the bottom for Royal Flare. Well, till the second royal Flare comes in. But anyway, thanks.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #496 on: February 07, 2012, 01:36:34 AM »
Hmm... I shall have to study Orin's nonspells then... or rather, that one xD

The BoWaP fairies I'm actually fine with (I was just complaining to myself about a stupid little mistake ^^)

Orin's Stage 6 Spell I can do very consistently (normal mode one is easy for me :3)

Btw, I was looking at the thread that compares the damage of the different shottypes, and apparently if I'm at full power using only the top 2 option shots is stronger than using all 4? O.o Makes no sense... But it seems noticeable.

One more thing. I can't really tell, but is the last spell on stage 1 able to be apollo 13'd? Cuz the middle of the thing looks safe, but I can't tell if the remaining bullets pass right through the center or not o.o lol idk, just seeing if it could be grazed like that xD

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #497 on: February 07, 2012, 01:40:57 AM »
Btw, I was looking at the thread that compares the damage of the different shottypes, and apparently if I'm at full power using only the top 2 option shots is stronger than using all 4? O.o Makes no sense... But it seems noticeable.

14.5/22.0 Aya F Close
12.0/18.0 Aya F Ontop (*2)

Doesn't that mean all 4 options on top is more powerful (less time taken to kill card) ?

One more thing. I can't really tell, but is the last spell on stage 1 able to be apollo 13'd? Cuz the middle of the thing looks safe, but I can't tell if the remaining bullets pass right through the center or not o.o lol idk, just seeing if it could be grazed like that xD
I just went and tried it. A whole wave of bullets return to the center, so imo can't safespot it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 02:21:20 AM by Kanon »

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #498 on: February 07, 2012, 01:59:27 AM »
okay that's good to know. *cross off list* Oh and when I was talking about the shot, I actually meant Patchy-Wood. Sorry ^^

Zil

« Reply #499 on: February 07, 2012, 02:12:40 AM »
There is something weird about the wood element with Patchy, yeah. When at 4.00 you actually do more damage when only the front two options are hitting. 3.00 is the strongest though hitting with all three options, and it's naturally what you reduce to when using a bomb at 4.00, which is why you should shotgun the boss with wood element while the bomb is on top of them.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #500 on: February 07, 2012, 02:50:18 AM »
Yeah that does seem weird... Well, I'll see what I can do with the bomb (probably gonna use that for Needle Mountain). I have to give up for the night (stupid strict computer stuff from family)

Hopefully I can find something helpful for some spells later on.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #501 on: February 07, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7VswsYfVAw
SA normal no bombs run I did, not that helpful for Stage 5 though.  outside of Stage 5 in that run I capture all boss spellcards except Utsuho's first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APsjVqwEu9Y
Perfect endboss Orin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMs0fOYF87k
Perfect Stage 6. (better strats for Utsuho, ignore the stage strat: I was bored)

« Reply #502 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
How do you dodge Reimu's familiars in her opener with a solo human? Is there some kind of safespot?

« Reply #503 on: February 08, 2012, 11:43:51 PM »
I don't think there is much you can do about that one really. I have made a run playing as Reimu solo so I don't know if her damage output is OP compared to some of those solo humans that actually go there but oh well. You can actually kill the ying yang orbs which can save you in a dangerous situation.

And uhmm... please excuse my otherwise sloppy playing. I'm not entirely sober.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=18678

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #504 on: February 09, 2012, 01:55:27 AM »
Well great. I'm still dying on Orin, and now my friend's forcing me to only play SA until I beat it >~<

Any pointers on exactly where I should be positioned for the nonspell with the spirits and the blue diamond bullets wave?

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #505 on: February 09, 2012, 02:34:10 AM »
Well great. I'm still dying on Orin, and now my friend's forcing me to only play SA until I beat it >~<

Any pointers on exactly where I should be positioned for the nonspell with the spirits and the blue diamond bullets wave?
Right below the Orin, so those bullets wont spawn around you. Then wait till ghosts explode and stream down a bit. Then go up under Orin and repeat.

xForeverFanaticx

« Reply #506 on: February 09, 2012, 02:36:34 AM »
So... you're saying just below her, so that there are no blue diamond bullets spawning above you, right? and then stream downwards with the blue orbs from the spirits? Got it. I shall try that. ...Tomorrow night. Tonight I'm stuck with tons of science >~< Patchy please help me...

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
« Reply #507 on: February 09, 2012, 03:00:05 AM »
I don't think there is much you can do about that one really. I have made a run playing as Reimu solo so I don't know if her damage output is OP compared to some of those solo humans that actually go there but oh well. You can actually kill the ying yang orbs which can save you in a dangerous situation.

Both Marisa and Sakuya solo go to Reimu for stage 4. Marisa should outdamage Sakuya by quite a bit.

Damage output for humans should go Youmu>Marisa>Reimu>Sakuya assuming that you're getting every hit on the boss.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #508 on: February 09, 2012, 03:28:03 AM »
So... you're saying just below her, so that there are no blue diamond bullets spawning above you, right? and then stream downwards with the blue orbs from the spirits? Got it. I shall try that. ...Tomorrow night. Tonight I'm stuck with tons of science >~< Patchy please help me...
Yeah, Just like this. It's lunatic, but method is the same.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #509 on: February 09, 2012, 11:07:17 AM »
Ok...I can avoid everything in SA lunatic Stage 1 (except Yamame's opener, I'm auto-bombing that and nothing anyone says or does can change my mind), but I have NO CLUE how to get the power, even after watching replays.
Specifically, the very beginning (so my annoyance doesn't increase exponentially by retrying this part a million times to get it right) and the part of the stage between Kisume and Yamame.