Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223461 times)

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
Previous Thread
Just making it before the other one gets locked :3

Fire away!
Also feel free to suggest a new name if wanted.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
Just a sec, looking through files to get a replay of TD Stage 4. Need help with it!

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:42:34 PM »
You seem to have most of it down pretty well. The only thing I would say is just to practice a bit more on the latter parts of the stage and a bit on the Seiga battle too.
Also I would switch the first trance and bomb so you bomb where you tranced and vice versa. That way you will get the green bomb spirits for double value and get more bombs in the long run.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:45:59 PM »
So what's the method for Merlin's solo card?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:44:52 AM »
Ghost Clifford
Just stream and make a dash to change directions when the bullets kind of stop moving.
Almost everything is like aimed and so it's not as scary as it looks.

A terrible replay:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15971

(which I also happen to capture Lunasa's 2 openers by some fluke)

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 03:15:08 AM »
Okay so I just tried to pacify Kanako on Normal. I wound up dying to her third nonspell.

FOUR TIMES.

So yeah, I think I need help with that one. My perfect Kanako run beats it before it becomes a threat, but my perfect Kanako run involves me actually shooting. All the other pacifist deaths I've had are just clip and derp.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 04:37:29 AM »
Okay so I just tried to pacify Kanako on Normal. I wound up dying to her third nonspell.

FOUR TIMES.

So yeah, I think I need help with that one. My perfect Kanako run beats it before it becomes a threat, but my perfect Kanako run involves me actually shooting. All the other pacifist deaths I've had are just clip and derp.

look at this replay, do you dodge it from the bottom? because i don't think that you can survive it if the blue walls fully expand
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
look at this replay, do you dodge it from the bottom? because i don't think that you can survive it if the blue walls fully expand
Thanks, that was really helpful!

Now to return the favor: I noticed you seemed to have trouble with Misayama, so I recommend this replay. It's the perfect Kanako run I mentioned before, which contains a timeout of Misayama on the grounds of "I felt like it". I don't think I've ever had a problem with that card since I started using that method.

Oh right, before I forget: anyone know how to do Miko's fourth nonspell, with the knives?

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
oh i do know how to handle it but thanks anyway! (in the replay i kind of derped because i just wanted to show you the nonspell  :D)
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 11:53:57 PM »
Oh right, before I forget: anyone know how to do Miko's fourth nonspell, with the knives?

You just read and dodge. The red wave is easy, the blue is a wee bit more tricky because 99% of the time you have to go vertically as well.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:06:08 AM »
How do I not get shot down 4 times at Nue's Red UFOs of Rage?
Suddenly, my body can't physically dodge that spellcard anymore.  :derp:

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 01:47:14 AM »
Use SanaeB, be at 4 power, stay under Nue then stream up and to a side in a curving motion.

At least, that's how I did it when I cleared UFO extra.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 02:30:33 AM »

If you're not using SanaeB, then you can do it like this:

For clockwise motion waves, start from the right, and vice versa.
Follow one of the red UFOs heading downwards and kill it.
Stay in it's now cleared path and stream the rest of the bullets.
Stay under Nue to damage her until the next wave begins and repeat.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »
CATWALK.

My current method for dealing with Catwalk is timing out the nonspell before it so I don't have to face it. This method can be summed up in the following manner: -clip-

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 04:59:24 PM »
CATWALK.

My current method for dealing with Catwalk is timing out the nonspell before it so I don't have to face it. This method can be summed up in the following manner: -clip-
There isn't really much you can do for the Catwalk, other than make sure you shoot at Orin as much as possible before you have to face anything. But it really just comes down to your dodging skill. Use it as practice (and it's pretty good practice) if you're going for a capture, but in a full run you instead might want to time a bomb around the first wave.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
Can you make lunatic Scarlet Meister any less horrifying with some misdirecting tricks, if just for the first wave? Avoiding the huge bunch of solid bullet in the middle is intuitive, but I'm clueless beyond that.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »
Can you make lunatic Scarlet Meister any less horrifying with some misdirecting tricks, if just for the first wave? Avoiding the huge bunch of solid bullet in the middle is intuitive, but I'm clueless beyond that.

Start at far left, middle height until all the middle wall have been shot aimed to you, then move back.
After that, go to right side to misdirect the wall of the next wave. Continue alternating this way and shoot Remillia if it's convenient.

Here is a video (not by me):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgPffmr2pbs

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »

Never captured the Lunatic version, but I'm pretty sure the strategy is basically the same as Hard, but harder (lolofcourse).

The most simple way I know is to plant yourself on the right, and as she's firing at you dash to the left so multiple waves don't overlap. The Lunatic version is pretty dense though so you face the problem of getting out of the bullet walls before Remilia fires off the next wave. Then just dash to the right after the second wave is fired and repeat. If you were looking for something else then just ignore this. (I don't play on Lunatic that much anyway.)

edit: Darnit, too slow xD Ah well.

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »
CATWALK.

You miss out on life pieces though. Just bomb it.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
CATWALK.

Assuming you're using on normal mode, stay under Orin as she moves from side to side, and right before she leaves the screen, go right below her so the final ring spawns around you instead of mostly on top of you, then dodge everything inside that ring.  It's a hard spell and in actual attempts I suggest you bomb it (I have 2 captures, 7 deaths and 10 bombs to it with ReimuA, the deaths are from when I tried to capture it in Stage Practice and from no bomb attempts)

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
Satori's Final Spellcard? Any tips for safespotting this, i kept trying (usually underneath her) and just kills my lives trying to supergraze it for score, i've managed to safespot it at times but it takes a few lives to find the perfect place to safespot

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 05:54:06 PM »
Satori's Final Spellcard? Any tips for safespotting this, i kept trying (usually underneath her) and just kills my lives trying to supergraze it for score, i've managed to safespot it at times but it takes a few lives to find the perfect place to safespot

there are six of those, which one? :V
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
Well, the only one that can be safespotted from those is Border of Wave and Particle.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »
If you don't care about the capture bonus, you could use a bomb to get into position, which is what I did when I cleared hard mode.
DOdging it isn't that bad on normal.
From my experiences, the safespot is below and to the right of Satori, so that your hitbox is just inside the bullet blur spawn field thing.  Just be careful you aren't TOO close, or Satori's slight movement after the battle ends will kill you.

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
I see! Sorry that i didn't say the spell card   :3

I think i got the hang of it, what I have no name said, slightly easier than before, gonna practice more! Thanks.

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:18:57 PM »
Anyone got a route that works for the first half of "And Then Will There Be None?"?

Zil

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 10:22:27 PM »
For Flandre's survival card, I find moving in a big counterclockwise square works.

Now the reason I came here: How the hell do I dodge Shinki's homing yellow lasers on Lunatic.  ???

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
I honestly have no idea how to avoid the lasers on normal, but Baity timed them out on lunatic here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJXMfW8aJw

Is there any 'easy' way to avoid ANYTHING Mima has in SoEW?  My 1cc of that game bombed every time Mima started shooting bullets that would come remotely close.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 07:18:03 AM »
Anyone have a reliable way to do Moriya's Iron Rings? It's ruining about half my runs right now.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2011, 08:46:17 AM »
Is there any 'easy' way to avoid ANYTHING Mima has in SoEW?  My 1cc of that game bombed every time Mima started shooting bullets that would come remotely close.

Mima always cycles through her attacks in a set pattern. Memorize what comes next and memorize the way to dodge them.
Demonstration.

Anyone have a reliable way to do Moriya's Iron Rings? It's ruining about half my runs right now.

Stop at the bottom center and top center for as long as you can and circle counter-clockwise around Suwako.